Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,082 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:49 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (796624 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (1069) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:53pm On Nov 11, 2018
Goal........ 20* Ghana (1) - (0) SouthAfrica Samira Sulema
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:56pm On Nov 11, 2018
20* GOOOOAAALLL!!! First Goal of the game registered; from the corner kick and Samira Suleman was on hand to head it home beating goalkeeper Kaylin at the near post
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:07pm On Nov 11, 2018
Just 45 minutes but Ghana coach Bashir Hayford certainly had a lot to learn. A midfield which mostly comes alive when captain Addo drops deep; an overweight striker who's as dangerous as she has the ball at her feet, wingers who have failed to constantly harass, and more.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:33pm On Nov 11, 2018
52* Ghana left of yet again as South Africa failed to punish the Queens for their defensive horror. Bayana Bayana still a goal down
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:34pm On Nov 11, 2018
55* Interesting display from Ghana, the inter-passing and movement between Elizabeth Addo, Linda Eshun and Portia Boakye was just superb
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
Portia Boakye finds opening but her touch was too heavy as South African captain, Van Wyk was on hand to clear the lines Ghana 1-0 South Africa
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:35pm On Nov 11, 2018
59* For the countless time, Janet Egyir was the quickest in recovering to clear the lines for the Queens. She’s been such a pillar at the back
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2018
65* Smart play from the skipper for the Queens as she wins a free kick just at the edge of the penalty box. She lines up to effect it
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:37pm On Nov 11, 2018
66* Unlucky!! Elizabeth Addo’s free kick zoomed straight into the crossbar with the goalkeeper completely beaten
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2018
78* Elizabeth Addo with a 10/10 display in midfield. She’s entertaining the fans with her footwork, she dropped the shoulder and sent Two South African players way off her sight. She’s been an amazing leader today Ghana 1-0 South Africa
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2018
3 minutes of added time as Ghana’s caotai, Elizabeth Addo makes a solo move into the penalty box of the South Africans. She turn the defender inside out but her legs let her down as she look fatigued. South Africa clears their lines
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:14pm On Nov 11, 2018
FULL TIME: Ghana �� 1-0 �� South Africa Samira Sulemana, 20*
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isaiah9(m): 8:21pm On Nov 11, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Well done bro
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:33pm On Nov 11, 2018
cool report i really enjoyed it grin will be banking on u for Awcon match reports wink
Schemerkhiz:
3 minutes of added time as Ghana’s caotai, Elizabeth Addo makes a solo move into the penalty box of the South Africans. She turn the defender inside out but her legs let her down as she look fatigued. South Africa clears their lines
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Good goal. I watched it on Twitter. Hopefully we get to play a female team in coming days. A chance to spank them as a morale booster.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:52pm On Nov 11, 2018
Nigeria senior women team will wrap up their preparations for the #TotalAWCON18 with a final friendly against a yet-to-be-confirmed Ivorian women club side at the Sol Beni Stadium by 4pm local time (5pm in Nigeria) on Monday evening in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 11:56pm On Nov 11, 2018
Schemerkhiz:
Nigeria senior women team will wrap up their preparations for the #TotalAWCON18 with a final friendly against a yet-to-be-confirmed Ivorian women club side at the Sol Beni Stadium by 4pm local time (5pm in Nigeria) on Monday evening in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire.

We can't get a friendly against a women national team??/

So pathetic!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:12pm On Nov 12, 2018
Friendly Updates: LIVE in Abidjan: 35' Nigeria women 0-0 11 Sisters (Onze Soeurs De Gagnoa- They are Cote d'Ivoire Women Premier League champions after dethroning warlords Juventus) Apologies for the delays. This was due to challenges beyond my control.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:13pm On Nov 12, 2018
Friendly Updates: HT' in Sol Beni: Nigeria women 3-0 11 Sisters De Gagnoa - Goals from Asisat Oshoala, Desire Oparanozie and Francisca Ordega put the Super Falcons in the driving seat.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:14pm On Nov 12, 2018
Friendly Updates: HT' Cameroon WNT 2-0 Zambia - Goals from Grace Yango, Gabriella Onguene (PK) handed the Lionesses a first advantage lead over the Shepolopolo at the National Technical Center, Abidjan
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2018
Cameroon is huffing and puffing early. 6-0 win over Zambia. I think they will meet us in the Semis.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
Thomas Dennerby: Why I included Rasheedat Ajibade and Anam Imo in Nigeria squad
The Falconets striking duo could make their first Africa Women's Cup of Nations appearance and the Swede has explained their inclusion
Thomas Dennerby says he included Rasheedat Ajibade and Anam Imo in Nigeria's 2018 Africa Women's Cup of Nations squad to help the U20 Women's World Cup stars gain experience.

The Falconets duo were named in the 21-woman final squad by the Swede despite their uninspiring display at the 2018 Fifa U20 Women's World Cup in France in August.

Earlier in February, both starred in the Super Falcons' bronze-winning campaign at the 2018 Women's WAFU Cup in Abidjan, where they defeated Mali 2-1 in the third place match.
Despite their lack of experience, the 59-year-old is unmoved as he believes both strikers can build upon their World Cup experience from France in Ghana.

"As a coach, it is always good if you can show that you trust them, especially when it's young players because they need more support," Dennerby told Goal.

"As long as you are a player and the older you're, you will need less support and less instruction. It is like when you start in school, the young you're - you need more instructions.

"And after a couple of years, you have to start to learn some by yourself. In the end, you can be part of teaching younger girls on and off the pitch, especially on how to behave when in camp.

"That's why it was good some of them were at the U20 Women's World Cup tournament and being aware of what if takes to play on the big stage and being part of such long camping is quite different from being at home."

Dennerby further pledged to offer Ajibade and Imo some minutes to gain experience at the tournament, while stressing his side's determination to impress and retain the title.

"I think Ajibade have a unique playing vision and she really has the feeling of what to do and where to run when on the field." he continued.

"She also has something that is really important which is making players around her do better because she is smart and also creates space for others.

"For Anam, she also has her own special strength, using her speed, good touches and energy. In our friendly game against the boys (Dominion Hotspur), we had a good period on the right side in the last 30 minutes and we created chances and scored from it.

"Of course, they are young and we don't expect that they are the one that will run the team. We hope during the tournament we can bring them in to gain experience for the future but when it comes to the big games, we have to win and perform well.

"It all depends on how the games look like. I and Jorgen and the rest of the coaching staff will have to take the decisions when we see what happens in the games. You could have a plan going into a match but it could also change quickly."

I like this coach. Ajibade is a rare gem. She's the type that will run away from goal to drag a defender with her so her team mate can be through on goal. Intelligent player. The future is bright. I think her best position is attacking midfield due to her vision.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:54pm On Nov 12, 2018
This is a player someone want the coach to drop I think she can be coming on for okobi when she's tired
olapluto:
Thomas Dennerby: Why I included Rasheedat Ajibade and Anam Imo in Nigeria squad
The Falconets striking duo could make their first Africa Women's Cup of Nations appearance and the Swede has explained their inclusion
Thomas Dennerby says he included Rasheedat Ajibade and Anam Imo in Nigeria's 2018 Africa Women's Cup of Nations squad to help the U20 Women's World Cup stars gain experience.

The Falconets duo were named in the 21-woman final squad by the Swede despite their uninspiring display at the 2018 Fifa U20 Women's World Cup in France in August.

Earlier in February, both starred in the Super Falcons' bronze-winning campaign at the 2018 Women's WAFU Cup in Abidjan, where they defeated Mali 2-1 in the third place match.
Despite their lack of experience, the 59-year-old is unmoved as he believes both strikers can build upon their World Cup experience from France in Ghana.

"As a coach, it is always good if you can show that you trust them, especially when it's young players because they need more support," Dennerby told Goal.

"As long as you are a player and the older you're, you will need less support and less instruction. It is like when you start in school, the young you're - you need more instructions.

"And after a couple of years, you have to start to learn some by yourself. In the end, you can be part of teaching younger girls on and off the pitch, especially on how to behave when in camp.

"That's why it was good some of them were at the U20 Women's World Cup tournament and being aware of what if takes to play on the big stage and being part of such long camping is quite different from being at home."

Dennerby further pledged to offer Ajibade and Imo some minutes to gain experience at the tournament, while stressing his side's determination to impress and retain the title.

"I think Ajibade have a unique playing vision and she really has the feeling of what to do and where to run when on the field." he continued.

"She also has something that is really important which is making players around her do better because she is smart and also creates space for others.

"For Anam, she also has her own special strength, using her speed, good touches and energy. In our friendly game against the boys (Dominion Hotspur), we had a good period on the right side in the last 30 minutes and we created chances and scored from it.

"Of course, they are young and we don't expect that they are the one that will run the team. We hope during the tournament we can bring them in to gain experience for the future but when it comes to the big games, we have to win and perform well.

"It all depends on how the games look like. I and Jorgen and the rest of the coaching staff will have to take the decisions when we see what happens in the games. You could have a plan going into a match but it could also change quickly."

I like this coach. Ajibade is a rare gem. She's the type that will run away from goal to drag a defender with her so her team mate can be through on goal. Intelligent player. The future is bright. I think her best position is attacking midfield due to her vision.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2018
Our last friendly against France. We lost big, but the team is taking shape. Nnadozie was the keeper in 1st half and did really really well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iZRX191i6k

I think Nnadozie should be our number 1 irrespective of her age. She's quite a good goalie. Afterall super eagles took a 19 year old keeper to Russia.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:33pm On Nov 12, 2018
Friendly Updates: FT' in Sol Beni: Nigeria women 4-0 11 Sisters of Gagnoa - The ruthless Super Falcons wrapped up their final preparations for
#AWCON2018 in Abidjan for Ghana 2018, thrashing the Ivorian champions
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
Friendly Updates: FT in Abidjan: Cameroon 7-0 Zambia - The Lionesses massacred the Shepolopolo in a pre-Awcon international friendly at the National Technixal Centre, Abidjan today. Scorers: Grace Ngock Yango 1, Aboudi Onguene 2, Adjara Nchout 2, Mikaela Abam 2
View details ·
Samuel Ahmadu
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:17pm On Nov 13, 2018
The 35-year-old has been handed the arm-band for Africa Women's Cup of Nations and she's eager to inspire the team to success
Nigeria women captain Onome Ebi says she cannot wait to lead the team to title success at this year's Africa Women's Cup of Nations, which starts on November 17 in Ghana.
The 35-year-old will be making her sixth appearance at the 11th edition of the competition after previous outings in 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014 and 2016.
Despite missing team's 3-2 loss to Dominion Hotspur, she featured in the 3-1 defeat to Asec Mimosas U16 and Monday's 4-0 win over Eleven Sisters of Gognan at the Sol Beni Stadium, Abidjan.
Editors' Picks
Having been handed the captainship role, the defender, who plays for Henan in the Chinese topflight, is excited about the challenges ahead but admits it will not be an easy route for her side.
"I am really excited coming back to join my teammates in the Super Falcons," Ebi told Goal.
"It's being a while like since we played the qualifier against Gambia in June. Though it is somehow late, we will use the limited time we have to blend together.
"First, I want to thank God for keeping me in the team to witness this year's edition. I will be leading the team and really can't wait to get started, though we've started already.
"But I can't wait to get into the competition proper because the spirit and zeal to win again is very high, playing against tougher teams.
"Then, everyone we are everything and expects Nigeria can go and beat any team up to 5-0 but now it is no like that again because every team has woken up in women's football."
While expecting a tough competition in Ghana, the former Bayelsa Queens star is confident her side will retain the title and qualify for the World Cup next year in France.
"Most of the countries have players who have tested and are playing professional football outside Africa. I believe we are up to the task," she continued.
"I know, trust and believe in my girls when it comes to competition like this, no matter the situation, we always go all out and do not care about the nature of our opponents.
"We will definitely do what we know how to do best which is bringing the trophy back to Nigeria again and as well be among the teams to represent Africa at the World Cup in France." Onome Ebi: I can't wait to lead Nigeria to glory.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:27pm On Nov 13, 2018
Ghana is playing some sexy football in this U17. They wan kee Uruguay for their backyard

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:47pm On Nov 13, 2018
BascoVanVeli:
Ghana is playing some sexy football in this U17. They wan kee Uruguay for their backyard

They're quite good. The future looking good for Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:37am On Nov 14, 2018
olapluto:

They're quite good. The future looking good for Ghana.

One of their best player's #10 got injured but her sub#3 is just as good and even scores. Their wingers are beasts and yes the future for Ghana looks very bright but I think they will finish in the top 4 in this competition
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 1:00am On Nov 14, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

One of their best player's #10 got injured but her sub#3 is just as good and even scores. Their wingers are beasts and yes the future for Ghana looks very bright but I think they will finish in the top 4 in this competition
If only our NFF cared about female football. We have some decent U17s also. One girl in Osun babes was invited to the falcon camp.
Me think Ghana and Cameroon will go far. Almost qualified for quarter finals now.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:43am On Nov 14, 2018
olapluto:

If only our NFF cared about female football. We have some decent U17s also. One girl in Osun babes was invited to the falcon camp.
Me think Ghana and Cameroon will go far. Almost qualified for quarter finals now.

You are right oh. I personally want to see the 10 heads that Cameroonian ladies have that could stop us from qualifying

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (1069) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.