Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (679) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (803501 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:48pm On May 21, 2023
Haba na this falling down has to be a strategy for Niger grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:52pm On May 21, 2023
Niger R has been spelt and you think say these Nigerien girls wanna continue taking the punishment? Omo, na to resort to damage limitation tactics abeg. In this case, it is time wasting. 😂😂

BascoVanVeli:
Haba na this falling down has to be a strategy for Niger grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:52pm On May 21, 2023
Moment of absolute quality by Flourish Sabastine. Chioma Olise makes it 7-0

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:53pm On May 21, 2023
OLISE makes it 7! Hat off to Flourish for that assist.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:02pm On May 21, 2023
The Ghanaian U20 girls and their coach watched this game live. They were in the stadium. They definitely have eyes on us ahead of the KO rounds. That's usual anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:16pm On May 21, 2023
WAFU Zone B Women's under 20 tournament
Nigeria 🇳🇬 7-0 Niger 🇳🇪
Esther Ajakaye 3' 13' 54'
Chinyere Kalu 30'
Adaobi Okah 49'
Victoria Alani 64'
Chioma Olise 90 + 1'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:02pm On May 21, 2023
This u20 team is too stack abeg , quality comes out quality goes in
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:15pm On May 21, 2023
Rofiat Imuran Scores again.!

Imuran 18yrs is a diminutive, technically gifted, mobile, and rapid attacking left-back, who can also be used as a left winger; she is known for her pace, link-up play, ball control, positioning, vision, movement, and her ability to time her attacking runs into space and get up the flank, as well as her ability to deliver crosses into the box, which allows her to provide assists for teammates. Moreover, she is also a tenacious tackler; however, she still Lack experience as a youngster but will definitely get there as she continues to develop… NIGERIA has Landed herself a STAR

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:36pm On May 21, 2023
Deltamani:
Rofiat Imuran Scores again.!

Maybe it's time we consider Imuran as a striker. She's only scores in France cause she gets played in that position

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:40pm On May 21, 2023

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:41pm On May 21, 2023
lovewins:

Maybe it's time we consider Imuran as a striker. She's only scores in France cause she gets played in that position

I don’t think is a bad idea for Stade de Reim Coach to play her as a Left Winger.. it will improve her attacking aspect of the game a lot.. PSG Left Back Sakina Karchaoui and Selma Bacha of Lyon and France are Originally Left Back but Plays as Left Wingers when the Occasion arises..

Imuran is just 18 going to 19 by next month. I’m pretty excited with the way she’s going…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:29am On May 22, 2023
My Motivation Is Still Intact, I Strive To Get Better Everyday – Imuran.

Super Falcons Defender, Rofiat Imuran has told www.superfalconsshow.com that she would continue to work hard to achieve more in her chosen career, as she believes that constant and consistent improvement is necessary at this stage of her career.

The Stade De Reims young star recently helped her side get an important win over Le Havre AC in the D1 Arkema, scoring a goal and an assist in the process, a feat she said motivates her, to even do more.

“I strive to better myself everyday and always want to win. I am very happy with my growth and just hoping it would get better. Playing with the Super Falcons and in the D1 Arkema, surely makes you want to work harder and improve your game, but my personal ambition is to become the best in the world.

Imuran has been featuring for the Super Falcons since she gave out a sterling performance at the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup in Costa Rica (2022) and is hoping to continue being an integral part of the team as they continue preparation for the FIFA Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand.

“It’s always a great honour to play for the Super Falcons, it has been a dream come true and I want to keep working hard to keep moving with the squad.

Keeping my mentality intact for the big games is very key at this stage, because I know talents and potentials only don’t win games, talent is important, but you have to have a very strong mentality, train hard and also work hard on match days. I believe I am ready for the challenges ahead.” She concluded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:32am On May 22, 2023
Goalkeeper Ange Gabrielle Bawou recently joined Biik Shymkent, women's D1 club from Kazakhstan. After Wolves Minproff, and a move to the Nigerian Championship, the Indomitable Lionesses goalkeeper commits with the Kazakhstan team on a 2-year renewal period.

She is the 4th Cameroonian to step on Kazakh soil after Annecy Nguiadem Kamdem, Marie Gisèle Ngah Manga and Catherine Mbengino.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 10:33am On May 22, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Falconets vs Niger Republic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQK-n8b_FDw
Watched
Tbh sports lovers should support your channel
You’re consistent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:26pm On May 22, 2023
yinkeys:

Watched
Tbh sports lovers should support your channel
You’re consistent.

Thank u. Really appreciate that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 12:49pm On May 22, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Thank u. Really appreciate that
Do you think the Flying Eagles will get a medal ? smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:06pm On May 22, 2023
yinkeys:

Do you think the Flying Eagles will get a medal ? smiley

For me they have wat it takes but they will also need a little bit of luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:08pm On May 22, 2023
Deltamani:

Goalkeeper Ange Gabrielle Bawou recently joined Biik Shymkent, women's D1 club from Kazakhstan. After Wolves Minproff, and a move to the Nigerian Championship, the Indomitable Lionesses goalkeeper commits with the Kazakhstan team on a 2-year renewal period.

She is the 4th Cameroonian to step on Kazakh soil after Annecy Nguiadem Kamdem, Marie Gisèle Ngah Manga and Catherine Mbengino.

Bayelsa will definitely not win the Super 6 now.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:25pm On May 22, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Bayelsa will definitely not win the Super 6 now.

I’m rooting for my state team though, Delta Queens, but Bayelsa Queens still one of the favorites even though they have lost some of their key Players to European Clubside. Also I don’t think there’s any much trouble in their Goalkeeping department as they have Ex-Young international goalkeepers in their Rank..

Chichi Sandra was 1st Choice of the Silver Medal winning 2014 U20 FWWC squad.
Monle Oyono 1st of Choice of the 2022 U20 FWWC squad.
Onyinyechi Okeke Former U17, U20 international and also gets invites to the SuperFalcons Occasionally

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:48pm On May 22, 2023
Deltamani:

I don’t think is a bad idea for Stade de Reim Coach to play her as a Left Winger.. it will improve her attacking aspect of the game a lot.. PSG Left Back Sakina Karchaoui and Selma Bacha of Lyon and France are Originally Left Back but Plays as Left Wingers when the Occasion arises..

Imuran is just 18 going to 19 by next month. I’m pretty excited with the way she’s going…
We have two full backs that are better finishers than any of our current midfielders. What a time.Alozie deserve a wing match.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:46pm On May 22, 2023
Ifeoma Onumonu form seems to have dropped this season and the World Cup is getting Closer..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:51pm On May 22, 2023
Deltamani:
Ifeoma Onumonu form seems to have dropped this season and the World Cup is getting Closer..

Not just Onumonu. None of our girls in the NWSL has scored this season (Kanu and Alozie included). It's concerning.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:58pm On May 22, 2023
Deltamani:

I’m rooting for my state team though, Delta Queens, but Bayelsa Queens still one of the favorites even though they have lost some of their key Players to European Clubside. Also I don’t think there’s any much trouble in their Goalkeeping department as they have Ex-Young international goalkeepers in their Rank..

Chichi Sandra was 1st Choice of the Silver Medal winning 2014 U20 FWWC squad.
Monle Oyono 1st of Choice of the 2022 U20 FWWC squad.
Onyinyechi Okeke Former U17, U20 international and also gets invites to the SuperFalcons Occasionally

U don't lose a goalkeeper like Bawuo and think everything will just be normal. We saw what happened to Cameroon when she missed a match. She is one of the best hands in the continent.

Right now I have Edo and Delta over Bayelsa. They were both better during the regular season and they have not been losing players left and right.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:36pm On May 22, 2023
lovewins:

Not just Onumonu. None of our girls in the NWSL has scored this season (Kanu and Alozie included). It's concerning.

Goals aside Kanu and Alozie are having a good game time and their performances is very okay.. Unlike Onumonu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:38pm On May 22, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

U don't lose a goalkeeper like Bawuo and think everything will just be normal. We saw what happened to Cameroon when she missed a match. She is one of the best hands in the continent.

Right now I have Edo and Delta over Bayelsa. They were both better during the regular season and they have not been losing players left and right.

Delta Queens are more like Inter Milan to me they’re very quick and Physical..

Edo Queens not too consistent and also having issues with converting most of their chances
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:39pm On May 22, 2023
Desire Oparanozie #9

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:42pm On May 22, 2023
📆 Save the date!

Sarina Wiegman will name her 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup squad on Wednesday 31 May. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏆 🌍

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:53pm On May 22, 2023
Cheryl Foster will referee the 2023 UEFA Women's Champions League final between Barcelona and Wolfsburg.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:37pm On May 22, 2023
Deltamani:

Delta Queens are more like Inter Milan to me they’re very quick and Physical..

Edo Queens not too consistent and also having issues with converting most of their chances

Edo have scored more goals than Bayelsa this season. Plus we all saw what happened at the CAF Champions League.

I definitely agree about Delta though, they are ridiculous in counter attacks. People underestimate Comfort Folorunsho at the back for them.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:21pm On May 22, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Edo have scored more goals than Bayelsa this season. Plus we all saw what happened at the CAF Champions League.

I definitely agree about Delta though, they are ridiculous in counter attacks. People underestimate Comfort Folorunsho at the back for them.

With the way Edo Queens play they should be scoring more and more…!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:22pm On May 22, 2023
According to Le Parisien, PSG are said to have Tabitha Chawinga, on loan at Inter, on their list for next season.
Do you think she will move to Paris? 🤔

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:22pm On May 22, 2023
CAF Women's Olympic Qualifying draw set for May 30 in Cairo

Qualifying Schedule
1st Round 10-18 July 2023
2nd Round 23-31 October 2023
3rd Round 19-28 February 2024
4th Round 1-9 April 2024

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) ... (1072) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: lovewins and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.