Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,026 members, 7,953,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:14 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (680) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (928221 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) ... (1179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:31pm On May 22, 2023
Deltamani:

With the way Edo Queens play they should be scoring more and more…!

U can say that for whole of women's football.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:32pm On May 22, 2023
Deltamani:
According to Le Parisien, PSG are said to have Tabitha Chawinga, on loan at Inter, on their list for next season.
Do you think she will move to Paris? 🤔

She would finally get to challenge for African best.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:04pm On May 22, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

She would finally get to challenge for African best.

I wish Malawi 🇲🇼 can become one of the Average teams in Africa Women Football but no they’re still below average..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:38pm On May 22, 2023
Deltamani:

I wish Malawi 🇲🇼 can become one of the Average teams in Africa Women Football but no they’re still below average..

They better start buying players if they want to be good grin

But jokes aside I believe coaching has alot to do with things. U look at Niger Republic yesterday, they never attempted anything with the ball. They had a number of strong players but they never even tried to attack. I feel some countries like Niger and Malawi should look at some of our coaches. Bankole Olowookere just won 3rd place at the U17 world cup. We have coaches that made it to semifinals at the U20 World Cup. The fact that none of those coaches have been approached for anything shows why the game isn't growing on the continent.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:05pm On May 23, 2023
The Women’s World Cup Groups Ranked: Easiest to Group of Death

May23, 2023
By Rohtas Wadera

The Women’s World Cup is quickly approaching, and the anticipation will continue to rise as we countdown the days to one of the biggest events in the world. The Group Stage is one of the best parts of the tournament because there are nonstop high-level games every single day.

The Group of Death is a popular term coined since the 1970 Men’s World Cup in Mexico. This summer Group F, featuring France, Brazil, Jamaica, and Panama, has been dubbed the new Group of Death, with one team truly left to face the heartbreak of going home early.

But what about the rest of the groups, who will have an easier road to the next round versus a gauntlet to run through? We’ve ranked the World Cup groups for you and included their FIFA rankings as of March 24th next to them. However, don’t be fooled by the FIFA Rankings. They don’t mean everything.

Group G:

Sweden (3), Italy (16), Argentina (28), South Africa (54)
Group G comes in as the easiest group because South Africa is here for the first time, and Argentina hasn’t won a game at the World Cup in nine tries.
Sweden is the clear-cut winner of this group, and Italy isn’t the strongest second team in the group but shouldn’t have much trouble with Argentina or South Africa. If Italy does, then this group could be chaotic, but for the most part, Sweden and Italy should have no issues advancing, making it the easiest group.

Group A:

Norway (12), Switzerland (20), New Zealand (25), Philippines (49)
Norway has the most talent in this group by far and should have no trouble with New Zealand or the Philippines.

Switzerland vs. New Zealand will be the key fixture that controls the outcome of who advances and who doesn’t. The Swiss feature stars like Ramona Bachmann and Alisha Lehmann to carry them through, whereas New Zealand still has yet to win a game at the World Cup.
However, New Zealand could end that run with a win over the Philippines and actually advance if they can defeat Switzerland. It will be a fun group, but the total strength of all four teams combined isn’t the highest.

Group E:

USA (1), Netherlands (cool, Portugal (21), Vietnam (33)
One thing that the United States won’t have to worry about is getting out of this group.

The Netherlands are without their superstar Vivianne Miedema, which will be an uphill climb to try and beat the United States. Holland should still have more than enough star power to beat Portugal and Vietnam, making this group cut and dry as well.

Portugal and Vietnam have qualified for the first time, and those teams usually struggle. Yet, the United States and the Netherlands together make it a stronger group than Group G or Group A.

Group H:

Germany (2), South Korea (17), Colombia (26), Morocco (73)
Germany might be flying under the radar because of all the attention England has been getting since winning Euro 2022. They are not going to have much of a fuss being top dogs in this group, with South Korea sure to give them the most trouble as possibly the second-best team.

The wild card in this group is Colombia because they pose a real threat to South Korea as a team that could take their spot. Colombia made it to the Round of 16 at the 2015 World Cup. They’ve shown what it takes to win a World Cup game. All eyes should be on South Korea vs. Colombia because it could dictate how the standings end up when it’s all said and done.

Morocco qualified for the first time and is the second-lowest-ranked team in the whole tournament. If they score a goal, it’ll be a big deal.

Group C:

Spain(7), Japan(11), Costa Rica(36), Zambia(77)
This is a tough group to call because three of the four teams have a chance to make it out. Spain and Japan are the top two teams in the group, and rightfully so, but Costa Rica has a real chance to beat either Spain or Japan.

The Costa Ricans are solid defensively and are used to playing great opponents like the United States and Canada. They will not shy away from the moment, and I might even like Costa Rica to advance from this group over Spain or Japan.

Zambia is the lowest-ranked team in this tournament but is also at the World Cup for the first time, which is a big deal. Zambia brings the group down slightly, but the other three teams make it a strong group.

Group D:

England(4), China(13), Denmark(15), Haiti(53)

England will feel a bit unlucky to end up with this group based on rankings, but this is where I disagree with FIFA.
China has not performed up to the level that the country has invested in. They don’t have the benefit of playing strong teams in Asia, just Japan and South Korea. China’s record this year against European teams was 0-2-2, which means they could struggle against England and Denmark, who have some superstars of their own.

Haiti is another team that is way better than their ranking suggests. All their key offensive players play in D1 Arkema in France, and their teenage superstar Melchie Dumornay just signed with Lyon, one of the biggest clubs in the world. You’re gonna know a lot about Dumornay and Haiti regardless of whether they make it out of the group or not.

Group B:

Canada(6), Australia(10), Ireland(22), Nigeria(42)
This, to me, should be the actual Group of Death. I have no clue who got together and voted and declared Group F to be it, but Group B, to me, has to be in the discussion. In my eyes, all four teams have a chance to make it out of this group, and when that’s the case, that should be the Group of Death, but that’s just me.

Canada and Australia will be the two teams expected to come out of this group, especially Australia as hosts. But can you honestly say Ireland doesn’t have a chance to pull off one upset after watching how impressive they looked against the USWNT?
On top of that, Nigeria has one of the best players in the world in Asisat Oshoala. When you have a player who is that good to go with some solid surrounding talent, anything is possible. This group is the best for me. Anyone can emerge from this group.

Group F:

France(5), Brazil(9), Jamaica(43), Panama(52)
France and Brazil are the two best teams in this group, but Jamaica will certainly have something to say about that. Khadija “Bunny” Shaw had arguably the best year of her career for Manchester City and is the focal point for the Reggae Girlz.
Jamaica’s best chance to get out of this group will be to beat Brazil. However, Brazil have rebuilt their program with younger stars, and this could be their time to make a run.
France will be one of the favorites to win it all, and they should be the first-place team out of the Group of Death. It’s a bit of tough luck for Panama because we know from CONCACAF matches that they will fight hard to the bitter end and make it difficult for whoever they’re playing against.

Overall, this group is the toughest, but it’s the World Cup, every single game matters to someone in some way. That is what’s amazing about the beautiful game.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:11pm On May 23, 2023
Onyinyechi Zogg #29 will leave Turbine Potsdam at the end of the season.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:14pm On May 23, 2023
Sadly that’s life. If a player is not fit to play then they won’t go to the WC. It’s better for her in the long run not to push her body when it isn’t there yet. Too many times we have seen people try to come back from ACLs quickly and re-tear them soon after. It’s interesting that she’s announcing this now though. I wonder if she has a setback or something, I certainly hope not. It’s interesting to me because just a couple weeks ago she was saying that she hopes Vlatko picks her anyway even without her playing before selection. Wonder what changed between then and now. Hope nothing negative happened in between.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:21pm On May 23, 2023
Live….

Alhama Women Vs Atl. Madrid Women
Charity Adule and Rasheedat Ajibade in Action

https://www.youtube.com/live/2csuHf4JbVM?feature=share
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:37am On May 24, 2023
FT
Benin 5 - 2 Ivory coast

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:45pm On May 24, 2023
Super Falconets XI vs Togo today.

#WafuBU20Women

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:22pm On May 24, 2023
Wafu zone B women's under 20 tournament

Result

Burkina Faso 🇧🇫 8-0 Niger 🇳🇪
Naomie Adele Grave 20 34 83
Deborah Guira 28
Salamatu Kouanda 46
Ange Kelly Nayaga 73
Ragnangnewende Djigumende 84
Ragnangnewewend Kabore 86

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:35pm On May 24, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Super Falconets XI vs Togo today.

#WafuBU20Women
Folorunsho on the bench? Is this coach getting complacent or what? Benching Okah, a good move though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:39pm On May 24, 2023
Deltamani:
Sadly that’s life. If a player is not fit to play then they won’t go to the WC. It’s better for her in the long run not to push her body when it isn’t there yet. Too many times we have seen people try to come back from ACLs quickly and re-tear them soon after. It’s interesting that she’s announcing this now though. I wonder if she has a setback or something, I certainly hope not. It’s interesting to me because just a couple weeks ago she was saying that she hopes Vlatko picks her anyway even without her playing before selection. Wonder what changed between then and now. Hope nothing negative happened in between.

Any update on Oshoala's injury? Checked online but can't seem to find any information

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:34pm On May 24, 2023
Nigeria 5 Togo 0

"70

Game still ongoing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:00pm On May 24, 2023
lovewins:
Nigeria 5 Togo 0

"70

Game still ongoing

FULL TIME! in Kumasi

Togo 0-6 Nigeria

⚽Amina Bello 11' 59'
⚽Flourish Sabastine 12' 76'
⚽Esther Onyenezide 30'
⚽Opeyemi Ajakaye 61'

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 9:38pm On May 24, 2023
lovewins:

FULL TIME! in Kumasi

Togo 0-6 Nigeria

⚽Amina Bello 11' 59'
⚽Flourish Sabastine 12' 76'
⚽Esther Onyenezide 30'
⚽Opeyemi Ajakaye 61'

Great night for Nigerian football.
The U20 Falconets and the U20 Flying Eagles both qualified for the next round of the WAFU B cup competition and the U20 FIFA world cup respectively tonight. Wishing them all the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:21pm On May 24, 2023
Any update about Aliimaa Alase Attervall that was on our u20 team? Or that's the end of reppin Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:02am On May 25, 2023
Falconets vs Togo highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgBga6ye_lA

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:59am On May 25, 2023
What a pass from Afolabi for that last goal and what a control and finish by sabastine
BascoVanVeli:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:48pm On May 25, 2023
Huge blow for France 🇫🇷 .

Delphine Cascarino to miss the Fifa Women's World Cup .

Delphine Cascarino, who was injured last Sunday during the PSG-OL match, will miss the World Cup 🏆Examinations revealed a partial rupture of the right anterior cruciate ligament requiring corrective surgery.
She will be missing from the field of play for several months .

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by wisdomabeljr: 9:42pm On May 25, 2023
[quote author=Deltamani post=123366229] Huge blow for France
thats so sad, I have been a fan of hers

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:57pm On May 25, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

One thing i love about these girls is they are every eager to cross into the box. I know quality of opponents matters too, but they are confident about what they are doing, especially Afolabi and Sebastine. I just hope they don't make her play another position if her time comes for Senior team. Small but mighty.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:03am On May 26, 2023
🚨 In an interview granted to RAC1 Mapi León has stated his intention not to return to the national team as long as the lack of professionalism and consideration will be a topic for the Spanish selection.

Therefore, She will miss the World Cup ❌

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:50pm On May 26, 2023
You can’t take that many inexperienced players to the World Cup and expect convincing results.

Our Attacking options upfront right now have,
1. Asisat Oshoala
2. Desire Oparanozie
3. Ifeoma Onumonu
4. Rasheedat Ajibade
5. Esther Okoronkwo
6. Uchenna Kanu
7. Fransisca Ordega
8. Monday Gift
10. Anam Imo
11. MacLeans Chinonyerem
12. Chiwendu Ihezuo

The first 6 are certainly going to the World Cup except there's a case of an injury. The Last Spot is between Fransisca Ordega and Monday Gift.. Experience wise I will go for Ordega.

Anam IMo is currently one of the top scorers in Sweden and she's is in top form with Pitea IF on top of the Swedish Log. If there's a Provisional Squad before the final list, then Anam IMo should be on the list.

MacLeans Chinonyerem position is currently stocked with seasoned professionals, Asisat, Oparanozie and Onumonu. I don't see Randy picking MacLeans as another option at no.9 especially when the likes of Kanu and Esther can play that same position comfortably too

Chiwendu Ihezuo hasn't impressed at all, Esther, Ajibade, Kanu, Ordega and Monday are far more better on the flank than her.. He Chance of going to the World Cup is very Slim maybe 10%

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:59pm On May 26, 2023
Maureen Umeh… AKA Nigeria Wendie Renard

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:59am On May 27, 2023
Chinwe

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 8:39am On May 27, 2023
daveP:
Any update about Aliimaa Alase Attervall that was on our u20 team? Or that's the end of reppin Nigeria?
That fine Swedish babe ba 😍

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 1:39pm On May 27, 2023
Top scorer.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:59pm On May 27, 2023
BankyGee:

That fine Swedish babe ba 😍

Yeah. I dunno why she's no longer in the news. She just siddon for bench and i wished we saw more about her sha. Another Courtney Dike maybe

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:46pm On May 27, 2023
Top scorers at the U20 WAFU B women's cup

Nigeria has 13 goals in two games and conceded none. They will play against Burkina Faso in the final group game on Sunday. They have already qualified for the semifinal

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:07pm On May 27, 2023
UEFA Women’s Champions League Football For Chiamaka Nnadozie again..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:49pm On May 27, 2023
Congratulations Rasheedat Ajibade

Atlético de Madrid Win a dramatic Copa de la Reina 🇪🇸 Final coming back from a 0-2 defecit to defeat Real Madrid on penalties

(1) (2) (3) ... (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) ... (1179) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Deltamani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.