Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (793734 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 2:08pm On May 28, 2023
Nigeria 🇳🇬 v Burkina Faso 🇧🇫 today 💪🏾

I'm seeing something like 5 - 2 👀
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by oloriooko(m): 2:53pm On May 28, 2023
Time pls

BankyGee:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:12pm On May 28, 2023
Opeyemi Ajakaye with the ridiculous

1-0 Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:35pm On May 28, 2023
Flourish Sabastine comes in but I'm not a fan of this first half changing thing

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dankorode(m): 6:43pm On May 28, 2023
Why the update is not flowing na
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by oloriooko(m): 6:45pm On May 28, 2023
Who is watching this match na
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dankorode(m): 6:46pm On May 28, 2023
Some one should update us na, wetin be scores!?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:46pm On May 28, 2023
Flourish Sabastine this is madness shocked
3-0
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:47pm On May 28, 2023
CAF Women's Olympic Qualifying

Draw May 30 10hr GMT Cairo

The draw will be streamed live on CAF Digital platforms

25 countries have confirmed their participation in the qualifiers.

Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Congo, RD Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea,
Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, and Zambia

South Africa , Morocco , Zambia , Nigeria , Cameroun , Tunisia and Botswana are exempt in the first round .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:52pm On May 28, 2023
Full time: Nigeria 3-0 Burkina Faso

Opeyemi Ajakaye 2x, Flourish Sabastine

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:57pm On May 28, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Full time: Nigeria 3-0 Burkina Faso

Opeyemi Ajakaye 2x, Flourish Sabastine

Ajakaye First Goal and Flourish Sabastine goal are such a beauty…

By the way Ajakaye is getting better and better and also utilizing her pace so well… The future is bright. Again Esther Onyenezide sometimes takes too many touches..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:58pm On May 28, 2023
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:00pm On May 28, 2023
Deltamani:

Ajakaye First Goal and Flourish Sabastine goal are such a beauty…

By the way Ajakaye is getting better and better and also utilizing her pace so well… The future is bright. Again Esther Onyenezide sometimes takes too many touches..

Ajakaye has definitely improved. Sebastine is such a talented player. The most talented of her class in my opinion. Wish she can get signed by a team like Barcelona for her development. If not she should go through US study route.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:00pm On May 28, 2023
Typical Nigerian coaches, Danjuma too Shout, the Girls are used to it though in my opinion. When you do your homework well , you don't have to shout that much.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:01pm On May 28, 2023
Deltamani:
CAF Women's Olympic Qualifying

Draw May 30 10hr GMT Cairo

The draw will be streamed live on CAF Digital platforms

25 countries have confirmed their participation in the qualifiers.

Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Congo, RD Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea,
Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, and Zambia

South Africa , Morocco , Zambia , Nigeria , Cameroun , Tunisia and Botswana are exempt in the first round .

How did Ghana and CIV not get exempt from the first round? Did they use nations cup cause this doesn't look like FIFA ranking.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:16pm On May 28, 2023
lovewins:

How did Ghana and CIV not get exempt from the first round? Did they use nations cup cause this doesn't look like FIFA ranking.

Here….They had to consider the geographical conditions, teams of neighboring zones will play against each other in the First round.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:29pm On May 28, 2023
Deltamani:

Here….They had to consider the geographical conditions, teams of neighboring zones will play against each other in the First round.

Yes. I was actually referring to teams exempted from the first round. The ideal thing should have been to use FIFA rankings to exempt teams from the first round. They instead chose the last AFCON cause of their ojoro.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:11pm On May 28, 2023
lovewins:

Yes. I was actually referring to teams exempted from the first round. The ideal thing should have been to use FIFA rankings to exempt teams from the first round. They instead chose the last AFCON cause of their ojoro.

You’re right, If they don’t find a way to eliminate the West African side now, it would be difficult for their Country to qualify…
The likes of Mali, CIV and Ghana will scale through but the thing is Mali shouldn’t meet either of this two in the first round with the way the draw might go..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:19pm On May 28, 2023
Deltamani:

You’re right, If they don’t find a way to eliminate the West African side now, it would be difficult for their Country to qualify…
The likes of Mali, CIV and Ghana will scale through but the thing is Mali shouldn’t meet either of this two in the first round with the way the draw might go..

Exactly. Still funny how WAFU guys let this fly. It's shifting the goal post after the game has started. If prior to now it's been determined that WAFCON standing was going to be used as a criteria for the Olympics then there wouldn't be an issue. Where that wasn't done prior the fairest is FIFA ranking. To not use that is to give preference to other teams.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:54pm On May 28, 2023
lovewins:

Exactly. Still funny how WAFU guys let this fly. It's shifting the goal post after the game has started. If prior to now it's been determined that WAFCON standing was going to be used as a criteria for the Olympics then there wouldn't be an issue. Where that wasn't done prior the fairest is FIFA ranking. To not use that is to give preference to other teams.

The likelihood of Nigeria meeting Cameroon and South Africa enroute Paris 2024 is high. The good news is we will not play Ghana and Côte d'ivoire
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:20pm On May 28, 2023

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:01pm On May 28, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Falconets vs Burkina Faso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yozgHcIPE6E

Chai. Ajakaye has turned to a machine.

For the sake of Esther's vision, i still want her at the WWC. Nobody in the Falcons team midfield currently offers exactly what this young girl offers. Or am i capping?? These girls are doing so excellently.

Where are Oyono and Omilana sef? If anything, they should at least allow Esther play Olympics qualifiers. Her skill set is missing. I know she needs to get better but im imagining her there asap.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:19am On May 29, 2023
daveP:

Chai. Ajakaye has turned to a machine.

For the sake of Esther's vision, i still want her at the WWC. Nobody in the Falcons team midfield currently offers exactly what this young girl offers. Or am i capping?? These girls are doing so excellently.

Where are Oyono and Omilana sef? If anything, they should at least allow Esther play Olympics qualifiers. Her skill set is missing. I know she needs to get better but im imagining her there asap.

Oyono is a No No for me, Her goalkeeping isn’t convincing at the U20 World Cup..

As for Omilana she was in the provisional squad but didn’t make the final squad for the WAFU Cup.. The goalkeepers that were picked have been excellent for the Past season in the NWPL especially Delta Queens goalkeeper who have kept in two games, good physique and height. Let’s see how she will perform against tougher opponents… Hopefully Omilana will be back in the set up
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 9:56am On May 29, 2023
oloriooko:
Time pls

Sorry. Just seeing this now 🤦🏾‍♂️
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:56am On May 29, 2023
Our next u20 world cup squad will be stacked , but they still need a good striker ukah and osigwe are not it , i also wish one of Esther, ajakaye or sabastine can at least make the provisional squad for world cup

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BankyGee(m): 10:00am On May 29, 2023
BankyGee:

I said it! I knew we'd be winning by a 3-goal margin... Maka go watch Basco highlights ASAP. I wan see my baby girl in action! Ajakaye 💪🏾

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:01am On May 29, 2023
Deltamani:

Oyono is a No No for me, Her goalkeeping isn’t convincing at the U20 World Cup..

As for Omilana she was in the provisional squad but didn’t make the final squad for the WAFU Cup.. The goalkeepers that were picked have been excellent for the Past season in the NWPL especially Delta Queens goalkeeper who have kept in two games, good physique and height. Let’s see how she will perform against tougher opponents… Hopefully Omilana will be back in the set up

Again, our girls need to start considering the college route. I understand the need to get a professional contract and help the family situation, but most of them won't. Going the college route even betters their chance at going pro. It's what has helped our athletes thus far.

With a U-17 world cup CV to leverage on, most will get a college scholarship in the US. If they perform exceptionally well they will get drafted or even get easier route to Europe or north American clubs from there. With the number of goalkeepers we have now, it's only wise to weigh their options

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:07am On May 29, 2023
isan:
Our next u20 world cup squad will be stacked , but they still need a good striker ukah and osigwe are not it , i also wish one of Esther, ajakaye or sabastine can at least make the provisional squad for world cup

Truth is, they aren't developed enough to compete at that level. Competing amongst your age grade is something, but competing with pros who have done this consistently for years is another. Only a few players like Oshoala, Caicedo, Salma gets to fit in perfectly as most don't. As good as Vicky Lopez is, she always isn't at her best when she plays for Barcelona. She just hasn't developed enough to function at the maximum at that level.

One thing we must not do is expose players before they are ready, it most times impedes their professional progress as most persons will only remember when they flopped. If you mean just bringing them to camp so they get to mingle with the team and maybe glean some experience then I agree. But considering them for the world cup is a No No

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:30am On May 29, 2023
When I saw Futball Galore praising Falconet Goalkeeper Anderline Mgbechi last year as the Best Goalkeeper in the leagues I wasn’t really moved because of the likes of Cameroon 🇨🇲 first Choice Goalkeeper Bawuo, Onyinyechi Okeke, Rivers Angels and Ghanaian Goalkeeper Adjei Charlotte, Christiana Obia were all there but with the way things are going she’s Looking okay to me even though she hasn’t faced tougher opponents at the WAFU Cup

Now this is what I observed, Anderline has good grip....You rarely see goalkeepers in the NWFL have this characteristic.....Most keepers are shaky shaky... Apologies… I haven't seen Obia, the Ghana goalie, Onyinyechi and Omoni in Goal lately....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 11:47am On May 29, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:54am On May 29, 2023
Deltamani:

Omilana no serious be that if she missed out and it is not injury related. Which kine miss out be that?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:47pm On May 29, 2023
daveP:
Omilana no serious be that if she missed out and it is not injury related. Which kine miss out be that?

It’s always not easy to see a Goalkeeper keep that consistency from the U17 level to the SuperFalcons.. I just hope the Young Goalie of now emulates Chiamaka Nnadozie..

Onyinyechi Okeke was such a good goalkeeper during her U17 to U20 days but right now we can’t say same thing about her as didn’t keep up with the performances..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.