Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (707) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (806393 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 7:06pm On Jun 29, 2023
lovewins:

Tempo and Desire in the same sentence is an oxymoron sha. Desire has a lot of qualities but speed isn't one of them. She if course can hold up play and maybe score goals, but if we are playing high press, fast tempo games she's sure not the one to consider.

Again, I'll take Desire of yesteryears but from the stats available (averaging 5 goals for a whole season the last 6 years), it isn't out if place to play her from the bench. My opinion is open to change if my some miracle we get some test games before the competition and she dassels us.
When i say tempo, i meant the skillset to make our attack be dangerous or worthwhile. This wafcon last year, we all saw how unhinged our attack momentum was, especially in buildup. Sometimes we build up well but one was almost instantly disappointed cos the attack would be useless with either a tame shot or one selfish player that refuse to pass to a more better positioned teammate.

Example is just how that cameroon game went before that okobi-Onumonu combo. Normally, that pass to Rash would have been wasted, even by Rash standards before she lost form. But she was just there at the right time and with ball sense.

If Desire is back in side the box, it will be hard to make our attack fizzle out easily compared to when she was not there. Her hold up can help the team around that box area.

There's a reason I've been complaining about the extremely poor shots conversion rate of this team. I wish opta did something about it from 2019 to now. I always want shooting practices. Desire will change that too. Esther as well.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 7:09pm On Jun 29, 2023
lovewins:

On Alima, the u20 coach is largely responsible. He didn't even dim fit to play her for a few minutes even when we had convincing wins.

On Gamero and others like her, the lack of structure and systems is responsible for them not even considering us. Funny thing is it's way easier to get female football players to switch then guys cause of the large supply of players and limited demand of spots, but when you don't have you acts together how do you want to convince them to be a part of a dysfunctional system?

Coach truly no try. He gave the impression that she was that bad. To do basic stuff for this our football sef dey taya person. If she played and was interviewed, that alone could muster other girls with duality across the world to want to rep. Mtchew.

How far about Rinsola? Nothing about her?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 7:41pm On Jun 29, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
What the hell are you saying?

Decision making?

Final passes?

Dribbling?

Positioning?

Those are more important stat one should consider when discussing about Forwards.

I'm not saying she lacks all this but her last two matches didn't exactly set her ahead of her competitors.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:53pm On Jun 29, 2023
mostob:

Decision making?
Final passes?

Dribbling?

Positioning?

Those are more important stat one should consider when discussing about Forwards.

I'm not saying she lacks all this but her last two matches didn't exactly set her ahead of her competitors.

All This qualifies you just mentioned Desire Oparanozie have them all and as far as I can go she’s a better 9 than Onumonu and Oshoala, the major problem is that she lack pace… But she definitely knows how to work her way round in the BOX
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:07pm On Jun 29, 2023
Randy must also know that if Desire Oparanozie is to come In from the bench, She should go straight to the no9 and move Oshoala to the Flank… not what he did during the last 2 friendlies playing Oparanozie from the flank b4 she finally end up at no.9
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:12pm On Jun 29, 2023
Deltamani:
Randy must also know that if Desire Oparanozie is to come In from the bench, She should go straight to the no9 and move Oshoala to the Flank… not what he did during the last 2 friendlies playing Oparanozie from the flank b4 she finally end up at no.9

It's why an early camp and probably 2 friendlies would have helped. Now it's either he sticks to a system he has tried on the pitch or he gambles.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:17pm On Jun 29, 2023
lovewins:

It's why an early camp and probably 2 friendlies would have helped. Now it's either he sticks to a system he has tried on the pitch or he gambles.

There’s still a little time though, but will there be a single or two friendlies?

They can play 10th or 11th and 15th or 16th before the first game..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Kibbs(m): 8:32pm On Jun 29, 2023
Danielnino00:
NFF fires back at Waldrum..

Its almost certain that Waldrum won't be in charge after the world cup....

And then, our Olympics qualification could be in jeopardy..

I'm no Waldrum fan, but knowing the NFF, they might just appoint another already known local coach to lead the team for the Olympics qualifier..Chris Danjuma or Godwin Okon..

In what world does the federation decide who the coach selects in his squad or not? Many things to say but Abeg… I just cant

Let them spare no effort when they get there and end this disaster waiting to happen already

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:34pm On Jun 29, 2023
Deltamani:

All This qualifies you just mentioned Desire Oparanozie have them all and as far as I can go she’s a better 9 than Onumonu and Oshoala, the major problem is that she lack pace… But she definitely knows how to work her way round in the BOX
I was referring to Esther sir. How good is she compared to other attackers?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:38pm On Jun 29, 2023
Deltamani:

There’s still a little time though, but will there be a single or two friendlies?

They can play 10th or 11th and 15th or 16th before the first game..

Organizing a friendly at short notice isn't exactly feasible. For that to even be remotely possible it will mean that the nation's involved will already be in Australia at said date, logistical issues will also need to be sorted out (with NFFs disposition so far that isn't feasible).

We'll be lucky if they can get at least one friendly before the opener.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 8:44pm On Jun 29, 2023
lovewins:

Organizing a friendly at short notice isn't exactly feasible. For that to even be remotely possible it will mean that the nation's involved will already be in Australia at said date, logistical issues will also need to be sorted out (with NFFs disposition so far that isn't feasible).

We'll be lucky if they can get at least one friendly before the opener.
.....we can play a local side,club side, not necessarily a national team, at this point, we will take whatever we can get....
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:10pm On Jun 29, 2023
The coach also said his Nigerian assistants were not good enough, twice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 9:31pm On Jun 29, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
That's not good from Randy. What do you have to say about his allegations against the NFF and the NFF rebuttal?

Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:45pm On Jun 29, 2023
mostob:
I was referring to Esther sir. How good is she compared to other attackers?

Esther Okoronkwo is a very good player and certainly deserves her starting spot ahead of the others. She has been excellent since her debut for the falcons too, I remember vividly during the WAFCON qualifiers she had 1 goal and 1 assists in two games against Cameroon.

She sustained ACL injury which kept her out from April ending last year till this January.

She started coming in as a Substitute for her Club in January and scored two goals for the Falcons in their last two international break Friendlies…

I think the ACL still contributes to her current form, but hopefully she will be 💯 fit for the World Cup.. Waldrum likes her too…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDKvrIxr_KU
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 9:54pm On Jun 29, 2023
Danielnino00:
NFF fires back at Waldrum..

Its almost certain that Waldrum won't be in charge after the world cup....

And then, our Olympics qualification could be in jeopardy..

I'm no Waldrum fan, but knowing the NFF, they might just appoint another already known local coach to lead the team for the Olympics qualifier..Chris Danjuma or Godwin Okon..

First of all, whatever NFF guy that composed that ghetto write up or speech is an idiot.

That said, NFF should stop making choices for coaches. Randy should communicate better too. But for me, NFF is the bigger problem here. I don't understand why are they so fond of imposing their choices on coaches. Give a coach his objectives and fvcking take the backseat. If he fails he will have no excuse.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 9:59pm On Jun 29, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

The real question is why are NFF employing assistants for him? Isn't that stupidity? Coaches employ their coaching staff themselves.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:00pm On Jun 29, 2023
Deltamani:

Esther Okoronkwo is a very good player and certainly deserves her starting spot ahead of the others. She has been excellent since her debut for the falcons too, I remember vividly during the WAFCON qualifiers she had 1 goal and 1 assists in two games against Cameroon.

She sustained ACL injury which kept her out from April ending last year till this January.

She started coming in as a Substitute for her Club in January and scored two goals for the Falcons in their last two international break Friendlies…

I think the ACL still contributes to her current form, but hopefully she will be 💯 fit for the World Cup.. Waldrum likes her too…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDKvrIxr_KU

Esther is far more better than what’s on this shot Clip. Her only weakness to me would be her Right foot that is weak.. As she be strong Leftyyy.

Esther again plays all the positions upfront and can also play behind strikers. She’s very Skillful, she very fast too though runs like someone who isn’t fast.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:02pm On Jun 29, 2023
JohnBullMySon:

First of all, whatever NFF guy that composed that ghetto write up or speech is an idiot.

That said, NFF should stop making choices for coaches. Randy should communicate better too. But for me, NFF is the bigger problem here. I don't understand why are they so fond of imposing their choices on coaches. Give a coach his objectives and fvcking take the backseat. If he fails he will have no excuse.

I know say e nor go pass that Ademola or Sam Ahmadu write ✍️ the clap back from NFF
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2023
mostob:
Decision making?

Final passes?

Dribbling?

Positioning?

Isn't that what I meant by technique?

Well she's played more than two games. Have you forgotten her goal against Japan?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 10:10pm On Jun 29, 2023
Deltamani:

I know say e nor go pass that Ademola or Sam Ahmadu write ✍️ the clap back from NFF
Irrespective of whatever he stands for, he clearly lacks job skills. As a PR agent you use your platform to protect your organization's image. The clown turned it into clapback.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:23pm On Jun 29, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
Isn't that what I meant by technique?

Well she's played more than two games. Have you forgotten her goal against Japan?
I had to be specific bro. I only watched the last two matches. I didn't watch her against Japan.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
Irrespective of whatever he stands for, he clearly lacks job skills. As a PR agent you use your platform to protect your organization's image. The clown turned it into clapback.

It shows you how incompetence reigns at every Stata of the organisation. The response was mediocre at best. He had just one job and he failed in flying colours.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:31pm On Jun 29, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

That's not good from Randy. What do you have to say about his allegations against the NFF and the NFF rebuttal?

Thanks.

The NFF is bogus but Waldrum sounded like a man that wants his assistant coach at the world cup. There is no defense for the NFF. The assistant did nothing wrong but do we hear the WAFCON story if they don't remove her? Cos without that the only thing left to talk about is why are camp took so long to open.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
JohnBullMySon:

The real question is why are NFF employing assistants for him? Isn't that stupidity? Coaches employ their coaching staff themselves.

The federation has a right to do it. He is not the first to have an assigned assistant coach.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 11:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
With all these allegations and counter allegations going on between NFF & Randy coupled with no friendlies or preparation plans for the World cup, if Super Falcons qualify from that group, then it will be a miracle.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:17pm On Jun 29, 2023
NFF are wrong for not opening camp early also wrong for stopping waldrum assistant but are right about yewande going going to world cup as she add nothing 2 the team a young goalkeeper should've taken her place
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:56pm On Jun 29, 2023
Nff eh.

Normally, we already don't like Randy. But Nff are so greedy and daft that they want to steal that shine from Randy again.

Overall, they act like they know what they're doing. The rule book is their puffed up ego support for now. Else they are just a bunch of arrogant fellows that doesn't even consider the main reason that we are here-The success and flourishing of the super falcons!!

After this World cup, they'll definitely take the shine from Randy if we have an abysmal outing. Infact they may go the dirty game route to feel vindicated.

That Oluehi situation shows they don't have the interest of the ladies atall.

This was the same situation the u17 and u20 girls faced.

It reeks of total disregard for adequate financial preparedness. The money dey!! E dey!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 12:15am On Jun 30, 2023
NFF Reacts To Randy Waldrum’s Bombshell Interview
Brila
3 hours ago
The director of communication of the NFF, Ademola Olajire gave FA’s position on Waldrum’s insistence of lack of support and internal sabotage.
“We have to first ask when the European season ended. The man wanted a two-week camping for only home-based professionals (whom he already gave very little consideration in his provisional list).
“Like two weeks ago, he released his final list of 23, meaning there was absolutely no need for any camping for home-based again except to simply waste resources.
“Instead of admitting his glaring deficiencies, he’s there shooting his mouth off.
“He knows he will not have Rasheedat Ajibade and Halimatu Ayinde (two key players) for the opening match against Canada, yet he left out Ngozi Okobi and Regina Otu from the squad!
“The NFF felt it would make more sense for the 23 to go straight to Australia and camp for 15/16 days to acclimatize to the weather and conditions.
“The NFF wanted him to groom a home-based goal tender like Chiamaka Nnadozie was groomed. Instead, he kept bringing Yewande Balogun (who actually started as a goalkeeper coach!) all the time without consideration for a home girl. The same lady has only kept goal in one friendly match in over 2 years (and only because Chiamaka was badly injured in a friendly in Mexico earlier this year).
“His outbursts are nothing but an after-thought. He’s talking only 3 days to the team’s departure to the World Cup.”
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 12:54am On Jun 30, 2023
I'm sorry, what

Please, don't even go there. Better than who? Oshoala? Heck NO! That's a complete fallacy!
Which dribbling skills does Oparanozie have? She has always been a power forward, relying more on brute strength (gra-gra), than skill.

Oshoala has more goals in less appearances with the National team. There is a reason why Oshoala is regarded as one of (if not) THE greatest striker in African Women's football and its not because she plays from the flank! For club and country, she is miles better than Oparanozie and her goal scoring records prove it.

Deltamani:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 1:02am On Jun 30, 2023
Which young keeper?
The keeper they wanted to impose on him had never been recommended by his Naija assistants, meaning that person the NFF was pushing for, simply wasn't good enough.
Saying she adds nothing is rather disingenuous. In the game she was asked to tend goal, she had a clean sheet. She adds depth, reassurance and vast experience into the position. None of your so-called 'young goalkeepers' (whoever they are) have that!
isan:
NFF are wrong for not opening camp early also wrong for stopping waldrum assistant but are right about yewande going going to world cup as she add nothing 2 the team a young goalkeeper should've taken her place

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 1:17am On Jun 30, 2023
This Olajire fellow is even more dumb than he looks.

1. Why would Randy want a camp for HBs, when the WWC was barely a month away? Randy's comments about a camp for the team in Nigeria is more believable. So, the fact that he names his team means they shouldn't have a camp in Nigeria? How daft can this fellow be?
2. Okobi was never going to start ahead of the trio of Echegini, Payne and Ucheibe. Upfront, Uchenna Kanu is more than a capable replacement for Ajibade. So, this Olajire is simply talking out of his arse.
3. Chiamaka was 'badly' injured in the Mexico trio of friendlies, yet Yewande came in, played the full 90 and won with a clean sheet. In the process, ending a bad losing streak for Nigeria. And what exactly is his point?

This guy just showed how completely inept and incompetent the NFF is!

solonnachi:
Brila
3 hours ago
The director of communication of the NFF, Ademola Olajire gave FA’s position on Waldrum’s insistence of lack of support and internal sabotage.
“We have to first ask when the European season ended. The man wanted a two-week camping for only home-based professionals (whom he already gave very little consideration in his provisional list).
“Like two weeks ago, he released his final list of 23, meaning there was absolutely no need for any camping for home-based again except to simply waste resources.
“Instead of admitting his glaring deficiencies, he’s there shooting his mouth off.
“He knows he will not have Rasheedat Ajibade and Halimatu Ayinde (two key players) for the opening match against Canada, yet he left out Ngozi Okobi and Regina Otu from the squad!
“The NFF felt it would make more sense for the 23 to go straight to Australia and camp for 15/16 days to acclimatize to the weather and conditions.
“The NFF wanted him to groom a home-based goal tender like Chiamaka Nnadozie was groomed. Instead, he kept bringing Yewande Balogun (who actually started as a goalkeeper coach!) all the time without consideration for a home girl. The same lady has only kept goal in one friendly match in over 2 years (and only because Chiamaka was badly injured in a friendly in Mexico earlier this year).
“His outbursts are nothing but an after-thought. He’s talking only 3 days to the team’s departure to the World Cup.”

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:02am On Jun 30, 2023

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Samueltemi337(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.