Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,418 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (794722 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:32am On Jun 30, 2023
I believed I shared this infos here surrounding Tochukwu Oluehi, Yewande Balogun and even Lauren Gregg if I can remember correctly. Though I didn’t go to open for reasons best known to me and some of us here..

I just hope the Randy and the Ladies find their way out of all this.. Remove travel days and time to recover from jet legs after over 24hrs of sitting in the plane, 12days isn’t enough to get things done, if the big teams like England, Germany, US, Australia, Netherlands can be in Camp earlier than us I wonder why we ourselves couldn’t. NFF is frustrating, thank Goodness Randy isn’t Nigeria if not NFF for don over bulldozed the man at least he hold his ground on some of this issues…

Danjuma and Okon are guys the NFF can easily Slap on the face and the would shut up immediately unlike our top Ex-internationals that are Coaches. Can they do this to Mercy or Florence cause these Ladies are well exposed and also knows the Federation too well. Only the fear of Collin Udoh go make themself nor look Mercy way cause any small things internet go just scatter OSASU OBAYIUWANA na another guy wha go spill Praaaaa.

Anyway I wish the girls all the Best, but with Halimatu Ayinde and Rash out for the first game we do needed Okobi though cause we would be banking on Ucheibe, Payne and Echegini right now, what if anything sup God forbid though we’re Left with Abeodun only in Midfield. With their absence Randy should be able to set things upfront.

I will go with Fransisca Ordega, Asisat Oshoala and Esther Okoronkwo upfront as starters though, bring in Oparanozie and Kanu for both of them in the wing and move Oshoala to the flank for Oparanozie.. Monday Gift and Onumonu can as play a part if need be…

Fransisca Ordega isn’t as bad as we’ve been seeing it, She’s hasn’t sharp as before for the SuperFalcons but right now she looks inform with 5goals and 3 Assists in 11league games in Russia 🇷🇺. Randy will definitely fall back to her in the Absence of Rash on the Left Flank. I will bring in Kanu 2nd half as her fresh pace can cause a lots of havoc for our opponents, draw a foul in front of goal then Oparanozie comes in with her Powerful Strikes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:45am On Jun 30, 2023
Nicole Payne to Sign for PSG

Medical examination carried out 10 days ago for the Nigerian Nicole Payne. Not yet signed by PSG yet..

Big Big move for her, Was Literally wondering why she didn’t participate in the NWSL College Draft months ago.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:03am On Jun 30, 2023
Deltamani:
Nicole Payne to Sign for PSG

Medical examination carried out 10 days ago for the Nigerian Nicole Payne. Not yet signed by PSG yet..

Big Big move for her, Was Literally wondering why she didn’t participate in the NWSL College Draft months ago.

This is big

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:07am On Jun 30, 2023
lovewins:

This is big

Very very big.. She’s talented and a very Speedy player. I wasn’t happy when she was Left out of the World Cup Squad.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:10am On Jun 30, 2023
isan:
NFF are wrong for not opening camp early also wrong for stopping waldrum assistant but are right about yewande going going to world cup as she add nothing 2 the team a young goalkeeper should've taken her place

How exactly is NFF right about Yewande not going?

1. First a coach is 100% responsible for his team list. He chooses who will best execute his plans cause at the end of the day he'll be liable. It's in this part of the world we try to rationalize administrators butting in.

2. The Senior national team isn't a platform for grooming young players. It's why we have the age grade teams. Moreso, taking a player a coach hasn't gotten a chance to see to a World Cup (the biggest footballing competition in the world)?

3. Yewande has made personal sacrifices to be a part of the team. It's like you working all year long for an opportunity, you finally get it and then are told someone else has it to satisfy a quota. How will you feel?

4. When we even say young goalkeeper, how old do we think Chiamaka is? Nnadozie is about 22 years old, she still has at least 10 years with the team, so the grooming argument doesn't even make sense.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:11am On Jun 30, 2023
Deltamani:

Very very big.. She’s talented and a very Speedy player. I wasn’t happy when she was Left out of the World Cup Squad.

Would have preferred her to Ogbonna. She's young though so she definitely is the future.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:15am On Jun 30, 2023
lovewins:

Would have preferred her to Ogbonna. She's young though so she definitely is the future.

Me too, but Randy have his reasons to go with Ogbonna. Playing for PSG will certainly set her high In the Pecking Order.

I think Starting Right Back Ashley Lawrence already left PSG, the alternative Chinese right back also left a day ago that means the Right back position is open
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:18am On Jun 30, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

The NFF is bogus but Waldrum sounded like a man that wants his assistant coach at the world cup. There is no defense for the NFF. The assistant did nothing wrong but do we hear the WAFCON story if they don't remove her? Cos without that the only thing left to talk about is why are camp took so long to open.

I think it's unfair to suggest Randy went public for personal reasons. What's more personal than being owed 13months salary, yet he didn't mention any of it but stuck to the issues.

The NFF were literally owing this man for 13 months till a few weeks ago when they paid 7 out if it. Now they still owe him six months. That didn't make the conversation cause it wasn't relevant to preparation for the world cup (which was the context of the discussion).

What's relevant to preparation? A camp, his team (which is his assistant). He kept it about the issue.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 6:26am On Jun 30, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

The federation has a right to do it. He is not the first to have an assigned assistant coach.

Of course they have a right to, but it isn't ideal. World over coaches choose their teams. When Porter left Brighton to Chelsea, he moved with his entire team. Notice that the problem between foreign coaches and locals isn't peculiar to the Super Falcons. Jose Peisero doesn't rate his Nigerian assistant too and there's been recorded altercation. It's madness to keep doing the same thing and expecting same results. This local to foreign coach attachment policy doesn't work and it's time to look at it again.

Most times it isn't even about expertise, it's just that coaches have a team they prefer to work with disrupting that balance can be counter productive. If at all the NFF insist on continuing with this, allow the foreign coaches choose their local assistants.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:17am On Jun 30, 2023
lovewins:

I think it's unfair to suggest Randy went public for personal reasons. What's more personal than being owed 13months salary, yet he didn't mention any of it but stuck to the issues.

The NFF were literally owing this man for 13 months till a few weeks ago when they paid 7 out if it. Now they still owe him six months. That didn't make the conversation cause it wasn't relevant to preparation for the world cup (which was the context of the discussion).

What's relevant to preparation? A camp, his team (which is his assistant). He kept it about the issue.
I said wat I said. If this was about camp the interview is 2 weeks 2 late. The time is already gone so let's keep it real for a minute.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:34am On Jun 30, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

I said wat I said. If this was about camp the interview is 2 weeks 2 late. The time is already gone so let's keep it real for a minute.

Randy obviously isn't coming back so he literally had no reason to do the interview. He gets to go to the world cup and boost his résumé without plenty wahala. But calling the NFF out is doing the program and the entire nation a favour. If there's one thing this country lacks especially with respect to football it is calling out the incompetence of our football house. Most don't do it cause of the consequences. Can you imagine banning a player who has served the nation for 15years cause she expressed dissatisfaction with nonpayment of wages? Randy has done us good by starting a much needed conversation that hopefully will bring about some changes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:03am On Jun 30, 2023
lovewins:

Of course they have a right to, but it isn't ideal. World over coaches choose their teams. When Porter left Brighton to Chelsea, he moved with his entire team. Notice that the problem between foreign coaches and locals isn't peculiar to the Super Falcons. Jose Peisero doesn't rate his Nigerian assistant too and there's been recorded altercation. It's madness to keep doing the same thing and expecting same results. This local to foreign coach attachment policy doesn't work and it's time to look at it again.

Most times it isn't even about expertise, it's just that coaches have a team they prefer to work with disrupting that balance can be counter productive. If at all the NFF insist on continuing with this, allow the foreign coaches choose their local assistants.

First of all this is international football not club football. Every FA has some type of say when it comes to hiring assistant coaches. U will rarely see a foreign coach bring his own assistants to coach a country. England was heavily involved in the hiring of their last assistant coach. It happens.

Madness We used this method for almost every trophy we have. Keshi didn't select all his assistants. Manu Garba, Emmanuel Amunike and even Florence Omagbemi just came as they were and they are champions today. But now it's madness because Randy Waldrum insulted our fellow Nigerians for no reason whatsoever. Great.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:15am On Jun 30, 2023
lovewins:

Randy obviously isn't coming back so he literally had no reason to do the interview. He gets to go to the world cup and boost his résumé without plenty wahala. But calling the NFF out is doing the program and the entire nation a favour. If there's one thing this country lacks especially with respect to football it is calling out the incompetence of our football house. Most don't do it cause of the consequences. Can you imagine banning a player who has served the nation for 15years cause she expressed dissatisfaction with nonpayment of wages? Randy has done us good by starting a much needed conversation that hopefully will bring about some changes.

Of course I can imagine banning a player who served her nation. That's what happened with Oparanozie. The question remains why not do this interview 2 weeks ago so that it actually could mean something like having a camp.
But I like how u are wording things, Randy Waldrum a conversation starter while Okobi was a problem maker I guess

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:31am On Jun 30, 2023
AkinDS:
I'm sorry, what

Please, don't even go there. Better than who? Oshoala? Heck NO! That's a complete fallacy!
Which dribbling skills does Oparanozie have? She has always been a power forward, relying more on brute strength (gra-gra), than skill.

Oshoala has more goals in less appearances with the National team. There is a reason why Oshoala is regarded as one of (if not) THE greatest striker in African Women's football and its not because she plays from the flank! For club and country, she is miles better than Oparanozie and her goal scoring records prove it.

With due respect, a good analyst will never lift one up while pulling the other down. Talking about goals, Oshoala's stat speaks for her. The brute strength you mentioned is exactly what set Desire apart from the rest. You don't know the importance of that 'brute strength'. That is what exactly makes her a better 9 than Oshoala. She is good with linkup, can be the team's target man when we want to go long, and even help out on the defensive side. I don't think Oshoala is better at this thing than her.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:18am On Jun 30, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

First of all this is international football not club football. Every FA has some type of say when it comes to hiring assistant coaches. U will rarely see a foreign coach bring his own assistants to coach a country. England was heavily involved in the hiring of their last assistant coach. It happens.

Madness We used this method for almost every trophy we have. Keshi didn't select all his assistants. Manu Garba, Emmanuel Amunike and even Florence Omagbemi just came as they were and they are champions today. But now it's madness because Randy Waldrum insulted our fellow Nigerians for no reason whatsoever. Great.

The word Madness (I paraphrased) was used not with malice, The sentence is a direct quote that's credited to Einstein wrongly attributed) and he used insanity. It was to drive home my point that the idea of choosing assistants for coaches hasn't proven to work (cited example of Peisero) and we shouldn't continue with something that obviously isn't working. Even Eguavon and Amuneke had issues at the last AFCON, it was why Amuneke was quick to excuse himself from the failure.

It's why I also proposed a solution if we insist on knowledge transfer, then let's mandate that these coaches pick their local assistants themselves, maybe that will work.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 9:46am On Jun 30, 2023
Deltamani:
Head Coach, Randy Waldrum explains how the NFF is actively making things difficult for the Super Falcons ahead of the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup.

What do you think of our chances heading into the tournament ? 🤔 🦅🇳🇬

What chances are you writing about? Bundle of sticks cannot win a football match.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Idiko1: 9:50am On Jun 30, 2023
lovewins::

Randy Waldrum's explosive interview on the Super Falcons. He held nothing back.

He basically lets the world know the Falcons aren't prepared for the world cup

He went deep into the challenges the team has faced mostly due to the incompetence of the NFF

How Tochukwu Oluehi was suspended

How camp was cancelled and many more

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5GvvKONxOzQDEPN25ynmex

Cc:
Deltamani
Naptu2
Mostob
Bascovanveli
Danielnino00
AkinDS

Selected players on the team did much to attest to the fact. Falcon is a group stage dropout material.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AndSunGorilla: 10:04am On Jun 30, 2023
lovewins:

The word Madness (I paraphrased) was used not with malice, The sentence is a direct quote that's credited to Einstein wrongly attributed) and he used insanity. It was to drive home my point that the idea of choosing assistants for coaches hasn't proven to work (cited example of Peisero) and we shouldn't continue with something that obviously isn't working. Even Eguavon and Amuneke had issues at the last AFCON, it was why Amuneke was quick to excuse himself from the failure.

It's why I also proposed a solution if we insist on knowledge transfer, then let's mandate that these coaches pick their local assistants themselves, maybe that will work.
Amunike didn't work with Eguavoen at last afcon o. Ot was after afcon that he worked with Eguavoen.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:28am On Jun 30, 2023
WWC2023 Preperation matches Result [b][/b]

Spain 🇪🇸 7-0 Panama 🇵🇦
Esther González 7' 44'
Alexia 22'
Espinosa og 28'
Irene Guerrero 35'
Eva Navarro 43
Athenea 67

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:33am On Jun 30, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Amunike didn't work with Eguavoen at last afcon o. Ot was after afcon that he worked with Eguavoen.

Yea I mixed that up.

Appreciate the correction.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:37am On Jun 30, 2023
lovewins:

I didn't ask u for the definition of madness. I gave u proof that the system has worked. Amunike was not at the last AFCON. He was only around for the 2 matches against Ghana. As for Peseiro, he is lucky to have a legend like Finidi George in his staff.

How do u expect Randy Waldrum to select coaches in Nigeria? Wat prior knowledge will he use to make this decisions? I can bet that even Carlo Ancelotti will have to make way for Brazilian assistants when he starts coaching Brazil.

All that u have said does not excuse Waldrum from the nonsense he said about the Nigerian coaches. I have never heard a head coach speak about his assistants like that. 2 things can be right at the same time. Yes he was right to complain about what was going on but u don't do ur assistants like that.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:42am On Jun 30, 2023
Yewande came in as a goalkeeper trainer but rorh turned her to 3rd choice overnight and only played her like one or two times in over 2 years, i don't know what personal sacrifice you are talking about yewande barely played 5 games all season
lovewins:

How exactly is NFF right about Yewande not going?

1. First a coach is 100% responsible for his team list. He chooses who will best execute his plans cause at the end of the day he'll be liable. It's in this part of the world we try to rationalize administrators butting in.

2. The Senior national team isn't a platform for grooming young players. It's why we have the age grade teams. Moreso, taking a player a coach hasn't gotten a chance to see to a World Cup (the biggest footballing competition in the world)?

3. Yewande has made personal sacrifices to be a part of the team. It's like you working all year long for an opportunity, you finally get it and then are told someone else has it to satisfy a quota. How will you feel?

4. When we even say young goalkeeper, how old do we think Chiamaka is? Nnadozie is about 22 years old, she still has at least 10 years with the team, so the grooming argument doesn't even make sense.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:48am On Jun 30, 2023
lovewins:

Why on earth would u say he had no reason for the interview when he was clearly complaining about his assistant coach? Saying she was all heart broken and stuff. He was hoping the NFF would be pressured to reinstate his assistant. Facts. That's why he felt the need to throw his coaches under the bus. He's basically saying without her he has no help. Come on now, this isn't that hard to figure out.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 11:44am On Jun 30, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

The federation has a right to do it. He is not the first to have an assigned assistant coach.
I guess they also have the right to change his list, change his tactics, and change his mode of preparations?

After all he is not the first to be interfered with, right?

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:48am On Jun 30, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

I didn't ask u for the definition of madness. I gave u proof that the system has worked. Amunike was not at the last AFCON. He was only around for the 2 matches against Ghana. As for Peseiro, he is lucky to have a legend like Finidi George in his staff.

How do u expect Randy Waldrum to select coaches in Nigeria? Wat prior knowledge will he use to make this decisions? I can bet that even Carlo Ancelotti will have to make way for Brazilian assistants when he starts coaching Brazil.

All that u have said does not excuse Waldrum from the nonsense he said about the Nigerian coaches. I have never heard a head coach speak about his assistants like that. 2 things can be right at the same time. Yes he was right to complain about what was going on but u don't do ur assistants like that.

Don't argue around what I didn't say. No where did I justify Randy's unfortunate comments on his Nigerian assistants. Read all my submissions again and point out where I alluded even remotely to that. The crux of my argument was centered on how coaches have their own preferred backroom staff and how that our system of choosing coaches for foreigners haven't always worked.

The way to justify this unequally-yoked marriage is to look back and see if any of these have yielded positive results. The NFF has been attaching local coaches to their foreign counterparts, yet they almost never hand over the team to them to prove their "apprenticeship". So what exactly is the essence. My argument is it doesn't work, instead it leads to rancour in the dressing room which ultimately affects the balance of the team.

As for my proposal that coaches pick their assistant? Yes it can work, we literally get jobs and work with people we don't know before. It's how the world of work works.

He don't need prior knowledge to choose his assistant, just like the NFF didn't have for him. It's the resume of the persons in question that count. Point is, let him be in charge, or at the very least a part of the recruitment process (sadly we don't have any we just choose).
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:53am On Jun 30, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Why on earth would u say he had no reason for the interview when he was clearly complaining about his assistant coach? Saying she was all heart broken and stuff. He was hoping the NFF would be pressured to reinstate his assistant. Facts. That's why he felt the need to throw his coaches under the bus. He's basically saying without her he has no help. Come on now, this isn't that hard to figure out.

I already answered this in my response to your point alluding that Randy had personal reasons for his outburst. No point reiterating it here.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:14pm On Jun 30, 2023
isan:
Yewande came in as a goalkeeper trainer but rorh turned her to 3rd choice overnight and only played her like one or two times in over 2 years, i don't know what personal sacrifice you are talking about yewande barely played 5 games all season

You based your submission on the BS Olajire spewed. You didn't even bother to do a check yourself. Randy's account obviously is more accurate.

Yewande joined the super falcons in 2021 not as a goalkeeper's trainer. She received an invitation for a friendly and has since then been a part of almost every training camp, friendlies etc. Prior to her invitation, she was a coach (which was what Olajire used in a bid to save face) but never one for Nigeria. Again, you can check, these things are a matter of public records.

The bolded is very funny, using her lack of game time to justify her exclusion. Everyone knows world over that backup goalkeepers rarely get to have feature in games, talk less a third choice. Question, how many times has Oluehi featured in 2 years? The few times she did was when Chiamaka was injured and it's less than 5 caps. So what exactly is your point?

Coaches pick back up players for several reasons, part of which is to provide healthy competition for the team, to have capable backups in case of injuries and sometimes the pick players that help the emotional stability of the team. Yewande helps bring that. Asisat calls her "Aunty Mi", it's shows the maturity she brings to the team and the respect she commands amongst her colleagues.

As per personal sacrifice, listen to the podcast and you'll hear Randy talk about it. She literally quit her job and went pro again for this opportunity. Again,bid that were you will you be comfortable with someone else replacing you not on merit but to fill a quota?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2023
lovewins:

Don't argue around what I didn't say. No where did I justify Randy's unfortunate comments on his Nigerian assistants. Read all my submissions again and point out where I alluded even remotely to that. The crux of my argument was centered on how coaches have their own preferred backroom staff and how that our system of choosing coaches for foreigners haven't always worked.

The way to justify this unequally-yoked marriage is to look back and see if any of these have yielded positive results. The NFF has been attaching local coaches to their foreign counterparts, yet they almost never hand over the team to them to prove their "apprenticeship". So what exactly is the essence. My argument is it doesn't work, instead it leads to rancour in the dressing room which ultimately affects the balance of the team.

As for my proposal that coaches pick their assistant? Yes it can work, we literally get jobs and work with people we don't know before. It's how the world of work works.

He don't need prior knowledge to choose his assistant, just like the NFF didn't have for him. It's the resume of the persons in question that count. Point is, let him be in charge, or at the very least a part of the recruitment process (sadly we don't have any we just choose).

Oga u don't have to say what is implied. Why else are we talking about assistant coaches Was that what u were talking about before I brought up Randy Waldrum's statement?

There was nothing unfortunate about the way the coach spoke about his assistants. It was unprofessional and downright disrespectful.

U want to talk about successful marriages? Lets talk about Gernot Rohr who publicly asked that Salisu Yusuf be reinstated even after his scandal. Gernot Rohr didn't select Salisu but he put his reputation on the line to defend him. Is that a good enough example for u?

If the NFF were the only federation that hire assistants u would have a point but this is done World wide.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:56pm On Jun 30, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
I guess they also have the right to change his list, change his tactics, and change his mode of preparations?

After all he is not the first to be interfered with, right?

I am sure u can read so that question doesn't have to be answered.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2023
lovewins:

I already answered this in my response to your point alluding that Randy had personal reasons for his outburst. No point reiterating it here.

U said he had no reason to do the interview and I am just reminding u that that was a lie.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Oga u don't have to say what is implied. Why else are we talking about assistant coaches Was that what u were talking about before I brought up Randy Waldrum's statement?

There was nothing unfortunate about the way the coach spoke about his assistants. It was unprofessional and downright disrespectful.

U want to talk about successful marriages? Lets talk about Gernot Rohr who publicly asked that Salisu Yusuf be reinstated even after his scandal. Gernot Rohr didn't select Salisu but he put his reputation on the line to defend him. Is that a good enough example for u?

If the NFF were the only federation that hire assistants u would have a point but this is done World wide.

On the bolded, It wasn't remotely implied, you read your bias into it.

About how the conversation started? Check what comment I quoted and you'll get context. You had hitherto pointed out Randy's reckless statement in Assistants, and you got a response that shifted conversation to why the NFF would even hire assistants for him in the first place. You then responded saying:

"The federation has a right to do it. He is not the first to have an assigned assistant coach"

which is what I responded to. I agreed that they had a right to, but they do not have to exercise that right as in my opinion, it doesn't seem to be working.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2023
lovewins:

On the bolded, It wasn't remotely implied, you read your bias into it.

About how the conversation started? Check what comment I quoted and you'll get context. You had hitherto pointed out Randy's reckless statement in Assistants, and you got a response that shifted conversation to why the NFF would even hire assistants for him in the first place. You then responded saying:

"The federation has a right to do it. He is not the first to have an assigned assistant coach"

which is what I responded to. I agreed that they had a right to, but they do not have to exercise that right as in my opinion, it doesn't seem to be working.

The response didn't shift any conversation. My point continues to remain the same and u guys are trying to justify unprofessional statements. U are basically saying if the NFF didn't hire the coaches for Waldrum he wouldn't have to say they are not good at their jobs. U are forgetting that the coach signed a contract and knew that his assistants were going to be hand picked before he took the job.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: GeneralDae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.