Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (710) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (806918 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:26pm On Jul 01, 2023
Deltamani:

I nor even know say you don reply to that nonsense, I wouldn’t have bothered myself..

Imagine the nonsense that Yewande gatecrashed overnight as if she hasn’t been receiving official call up from the Federation..

I stopped responding when it appeared he was arguing for the sake of argument. It was argument devoid of logic.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2023
I think the thought of taking legal action against the publisher of this news is in order. Enough of spreading lies in the name of journalism.

I support her 100%

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2023
Just stop already, yewande bring nothing to the team she just see a shady way to the world cup and she's exploiting it . What has she done since she gone pro ? She played 3 games in 2 years
Deltamani:

Common what are you saying? Waldrum didn’t turn her to 3rd choice overnight. She worked for it and earned it… She quit her Coaching job and came out of retirement immediately after that Summer Series, Went straight to sign for Coppermine United a USL team in the US before going Pro abroad..

So you think is only by being 40years that you can offer experience or support to the team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:34pm On Jul 01, 2023
isan:
Just stop already, yewande bring nothing to the team she just see a shady way to the world cup and she's exploiting it . What has she done since she gone pro ? She played 3 games in 2 years

No problem go and replace her with your Favorite Homebased goalkeeper NFF was imposing on Randy..

All the same Yewande Balogun earned and deserves her spot in the team

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2023
For those who Wish to rewatch the Rep Ireland game vs Zambia for better assessment, here’s the full game Clip..

https://www.youtube.com/live/xVQrNenPTGU?feature=share
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:16pm On Jul 01, 2023
Zambia vs Switzerland highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPdZkLEDc5E

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2023
Shanice van de Sanden will not be part of the Netherlands women’s World Cup squad due to a knee injury.

Sanden, 30, suffered the injury in January and was sidelined for two months. Although, she will travel for the world cup as a backup player.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:12pm On Jul 01, 2023
🚨FT: 🇮🇹Italy 0-0 🇲🇦Morocco

No goals to separate both sides as Italy are held to scoreless draw by Morocco in a friendly match at Paolo Mazza stadium.
The two teams are stepping up their preparations towards this month Women’s World Cup.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:18pm On Jul 01, 2023
BEST WISHES TO SUPER FALCONS.

Super Falcons Send Forth Dinner Party ahead of their departure to Australia 🇦🇺 Tomorrow for 2023 FIFA Women World Cup organized by the First Lady Senator Oluremi Tinubu at Transcorp Hilton Hotel Abuja.

Pictures of Leicester City forward Kelechi Iheanacho ( Senior Man) and Beşiktaş J.K. (women's football) Defender Glory A Ogbonna

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
Deltamani:
BEST WISHES TO SUPER FALCONS.

Super Falcons Send Forth Dinner Party ahead of their departure to Australia 🇦🇺 Tomorrow for 2023 FIFA Women World Cup organized by the First Lady Senator Oluremi Tinubu at Transcorp Hilton Hotel Abuja.

Pictures of Leicester City forward Kelechi Iheanacho ( Senior Man) and Beşiktaş J.K. (women's football) Defender Glory A Ogbonna

It appears Kanu and Alozie will feature in today's NWSL game. Are they flying to Australia from the US directly?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:51pm On Jul 01, 2023
isan:
And what can you say about her performance in those three games?

How do you expect her to play more games with Nnadozie giving her best all the time?

Infact, Randy should be blamed for not giving her game time in unimportant matches.

Guy, your argument dey look somehow. Just stop.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2023
Makes more sense to fly out from the US or UK:

Lagos to Brisbane - 27 hrs flight time
Los Angeles to Bribane - 16.5 hrs flight time
London to Brisbane - 21.5 hrs flight time

lovewins:

It appears Kanu and Alozie will feature in today's NWSL game. Are they flying to Australia from the US directly?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 1:59am On Jul 02, 2023
That's if the imbeciles at the NFF don't insist on only home based players making up the Super Falcons, especially after this World Cup, considering the issues with Randy insisting on Yewande. Those bastards at the NFF will be on a revenge mission.

They have already damaged the Super Eagles brand by insisting that 4 HB players must always be in the squad. 4 useless players who add absolutely zero value to the team.

Deltamani:

Me too, but Randy have his reasons to go with Ogbonna. Playing for PSG will certainly set her high In the Pecking Order.

I think Starting Right Back Ashley Lawrence already left PSG, the alternative Chinese right back also left a day ago that means the Right back position is open
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 3:19am On Jul 02, 2023
Dude, you're a very interesting fellow.
1. I guess the NFA didn't care about women's football either, that they opted to send the Falcons to the 1999 WWC where they beat Denmark and North Korea but fell to Brazil in the QFs. I can tell you Nigerians in diaspora cared enough to drive hundreds of miles to the then RFK Stadium in DC to watch Nigeria take on Denmark and beat them 2-0. Lauren Gregg was an integral part of the coaching crew for the US team that beat Nigeria 7-1 in the group stage and you don't get to be a USWNT coach if you are not the best. But hey, according to you, nobody cared about football then.
2. Don't get ahead of yourself as you didn't prove anything! What exactly are you going on about Debbie training under Waldrum at Pitt? When did I say the coach COULD train his team? Did you even bother to read the NCAA Manual about the do's and don'ts during the off season? Because it is crystal clear that a coach has the latitude to encourage his team members engage in off season activities that do not violate the bylaws. You did hear Waldrum talk about her strength and conditioning work she has been doing off season (or did you miss that)? NCAA D1 Manual - article 17.20 is clear as to what a student athlete / coach can or cannot engage in (nothing in the manual stops her from training with an off campus team - like Steel City, FC in Pittsburgh)
3. Not sure why you have it in your head that I am against 'most' players coming out of Nigeria? That is a bizarre conclusion on your part. There have been some good players, like Tosin Demehin, who impressed the very first time I saw her play live in Houston in 2021, and there are some who I was unimpressed with, like Ogbonna. It is disingenuous on your part to state that I dislike most players out of Nigeria just because I was unimpressed with a player like Ogbonna. Most would agree that I was right in this instance.

And for the record, I never back away from debates on this forum, unless they fail to be intellectually stimulating or the person I am debating keeps going around in circles and skirts around the facts presented. You tend to be the latter.
I really cannot continue to waste my precious time with someone who choses to ignore the facts that are presented and decides to debate peripheral issues instead.
BascoVanVeli:

If we would never know why ask the question in the first place

U are talking about a lady that won medals with America when nobody cared about Women's football. How come the American federation has not offered her a job in the past decade? U mean she is such a good coach that not even a high school offered her a job? That's crazy.

I already proved u wrong about Debbie training under Waldrum. U ran away and acted like we were never talking. Now he said exactly what I told u in his interview so cut it out. There is no full training going on at Pittsburgh, the coach is not allowed to train his team yet, stop with this false narrative. Just like u are talking about Okobi not making the team when that has nothing to do with this particular conversation. U are just running all over the place. This is the real problem with Nigerian football. People going off of who they like or hate instead of right or wrong.

I don't have any favourite person when it comes to a Nigerian national team. I call everything down the middle. I don't think anyone here has been a bigger advocate for Deborah Abiodun but right is right and wrong is wrong. We both know u have been against most players coming out of Nigeria. U blamed them for the early performances and of course u will jump on Waldrum's excuse cos it aligns with ur narrative.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:22am On Jul 02, 2023
Photos from the friendly game between 🇨🇭Switzerland and 🇿🇲Zambia played on Friday.

Remember it ended in a 3-3 draw.
📸@Copper Queens

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:03am On Jul 02, 2023
Deltamani:
Photos from the friendly game between 🇨🇭Switzerland and 🇿🇲Zambia played on Friday.

Remember it ended in a 3-3 draw.
📸@Copper Queens

This Zambian team can be well drilled but the approach from the coach seem the same in every game.

These girls run to much because they don't know positional football. They exhaust their energy alot. Were the ball goes, you would find 3,4 or 5 players running towards there shifting the whole team balance. This is the more reason once the opponents sees that weakness, they utilise it by just threading the ball through the space and the ball would just find players unmarked and open to goal post.

Coach Bruce needs to know proper coordination and coaching ( Zonal marking and man marking), he needs to tell his players who is suppose to cover a particular space and who is suppose to help and take positions.. otherwise even the defence might just be fine after all..

Zambia should be able to get at least 3 point from that Group!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:48am On Jul 02, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHXGyS_G5Sw

Anytime I come across this Nicole Payne Clips, I keep wondering what Randy Waldrum saw that made him play Nicole Payne at Left Back 97% of the time she has been in the team.

The way she carries the ball forward, track back look so effortless. All I see in her is Lucy Bronze.

Common Randy got most all this makeshift stuff wrong. This girl would have probably grown into the position or become the best alternative at Right Back.. Anyway after the World Cup, Randy should go let’s breathe fresh air but not the Danjuma, Okon and khadiri ikenna type, give us top Ex-internationals if they can’t bring in Worldiesssss!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:11am On Jul 02, 2023
Deltamani:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHXGyS_G5Sw

Anytime I come across this Nicole Payne Clips, I keep wondering what Randy Waldrum saw that made him play Nicole Payne at Left Back 97% of the time she has been in the team.

The way she carries the ball forward, track back look so effortless. All I see in her is Lucy Bronze.

Common Randy got most all this makeshift stuff wrong. This girl would have probably grown into the position or become the best alternative at Right Back.. Anyway after the World Cup, Randy should go let’s breathe fresh air but not the Danjuma, Okon and khadiri ikenna type, give us top Ex-internationals if they can’t bring in Worldiesssss!

Nicole Payne will certainly make a good and World Class right back as she’s strong defensively. Her tackle and winning 1 v 1 battles are good. She’s athletic, have a lot of Strength, stamina, and good timing.

She is another player who work tirelessly, sprinting up and down for the total duration of the game. join the midfield in attack, and then track back to do her defensive duties.. Let’s see what the Pro Life gets to
Offer.! As PSG is knocking on the Door.!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:05am On Jul 02, 2023
Can the concerns raised by Coach Randy Waldrum really be ignored?

Are these issues enough ground for failure for the Falcons?

Former coach and player of the super Falcons Maureen Mmadu has stated that all concentration should be on support for the Falcons in the FIFA Women's World cup instead of on concerns raised by head Coach, Randy Waldrum because opponents can take advantage of internal conflict to disrupt the team.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2023
🚨𝔹ℝ𝔼𝔸𝕂𝕀ℕ𝔾 🚨

The stand-off between SAFA and Banyana Banyana has taken another twist, with players allegedly told to go home as the leadership assemble a new team to face Botswana

✍🏽 SABC Sport's Velile Mnyandu

https://www.sabcsport.com/soccer/news/breaking-safa-threaten-to-send-banyana-banyana-players-home?mibextid=Zxz2cZ

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
lovewins:

What is Oshoala's fitness level though? She was holding her hamstring in the last game she played and it's why she also didn't feature in the UEFA finals.

Don't want same situation that happened in the nations cup where she starts the first match and gets injured. If I were Randy, I would ensure Monday Gift is on the list cause out attack is worrisome as it is.

I remember expressing skepticism about Oshoala's fitness level. Carly asked her same question at their dinner yesterday and her response confirmed my point. She more or less said "she will be" fit before the World Cup. One could of course deduce she is still rehabilitating. For someone still in rehabilitation, it's easier to pick up easy knocks just like she did at WAFCON. An earlier camp would have helped Randy to properly access her fitness level, but that isn't the case.

https://twitter.com/OgaNlaMedia/status/1675463861896372225?t=GcazGd0bXssMqPFSbDEdjg&s=19
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
Deltamani:
🚨𝔹ℝ𝔼𝔸𝕂𝕀ℕ𝔾 🚨

The stand-off between SAFA and Banyana Banyana has taken another twist, with players allegedly told to go home as the leadership assemble a new team to face Botswana

https://www.sabcsport.com/soccer/news/breaking-safa-threaten-to-send-banyana-banyana-players-home?mibextid=Zxz2cZ

NFF happy they aren't the only one in the news. Lol
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:58pm On Jul 02, 2023
lovewins:

NFF happy they aren't the only one in the news. Lol

Abeg nor mk me😂😹😂😂😂
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by chrisooblog: 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2023
Nigerian journalists have their shortcomings but on this issue I listened to her interview on Brila FM and she did say local coaches are better than Randy to paraphrase unless she wants to take back what she said.

Deltamani:
I think the thought of taking legal action against the publisher of this news is in order. Enough of spreading lies in the name of journalism.

I support her 100%
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:16pm On Jul 02, 2023
chrisooblog:
Nigerian journalists have their shortcomings but on this issue I listened to her interview on Brila FM and she did say local coaches are better than Randy to paraphrase unless she wants to take back what she said.

It's funny cause she has at the very least said this once before. I didn't listen to the new interview so can't speak to that, but the very first interview she did with Doherty after WAFCON, she said this with her full chest.

Surprised, she went on to do another interview with Brilla as you indicated.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 5:13pm On Jul 02, 2023
Deltamani:
🚨𝔹ℝ𝔼𝔸𝕂𝕀ℕ𝔾 🚨

It's getting messy in South Africa

An entirely different team was fielded to play Botswana.

The World Cup bound Bayana Bayana were not granted access to the stadium. The South African FA really called the player's bluff.

Irrespective of whatever side of the aisle you are, one thing is certain, football administrators do not respect female footballers. Happened in Spain, Italy, France, Jamaica, Canada, Nigeria and now South Africa.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:46pm On Jul 02, 2023
AkinDS:
Dude, you're a very interesting fellow.
1. I guess the NFA didn't care about women's football either, that they opted to send the Falcons to the 1999 WWC where they beat Denmark and North Korea but fell to Brazil in the QFs. I can tell you Nigerians in diaspora cared enough to drive hundreds of miles to the then RFK Stadium in DC to watch Nigeria take on Denmark and beat them 2-0. Lauren Gregg was an integral part of the coaching crew for the US team that beat Nigeria 7-1 in the group stage and you don't get to be a USWNT coach if you are not the best. But hey, according to you, nobody cared about football then.
2. Don't get ahead of yourself as you didn't prove anything! What exactly are you going on about Debbie training under Waldrum at Pitt? When did I say the coach COULD train his team? Did you even bother to read the NCAA Manual about the do's and don'ts during the off season? Because it is crystal clear that a coach has the latitude to encourage his team members engage in off season activities that do not violate the bylaws. You did hear Waldrum talk about her strength and conditioning work she has been doing off season (or did you miss that)? NCAA D1 Manual - article 17.20 is clear as to what a student athlete / coach can or cannot engage in (nothing in the manual stops her from training with an off campus team - like Steel City, FC in Pittsburgh)
3. Not sure why you have it in your head that I am against 'most' players coming out of Nigeria? That is a bizarre conclusion on your part. There have been some good players, like Tosin Demehin, who impressed the very first time I saw her play live in Houston in 2021, and there are some who I was unimpressed with, like Ogbonna. It is disingenuous on your part to state that I dislike most players out of Nigeria just because I was unimpressed with a player like Ogbonna. Most would agree that I was right in this instance.

And for the record, I never back away from debates on this forum, unless they fail to be intellectually stimulating or the person I am debating keeps going around in circles and skirts around the facts presented. You tend to be the latter.
I really cannot continue to waste my precious time with someone who choses to ignore the facts that are presented and decides to debate peripheral issues instead.

How many had professional Women’s leagues at that time I remember that it was after the 99 world cup that America started their league. Who do u think u are talking to?

I told u that there was no training year round but u ran around in circles only for u to now say "well the coach can encourage strength and conditioning but she can train with an off campus team". Either way u were wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 10:14pm On Jul 02, 2023
AkinDS:
Makes more sense to fly out from the US or UK:

Lagos to Brisbane - 27 hrs flight time
Los Angeles to Bribane - 16.5 hrs flight time
London to Brisbane - 21.5 hrs flight time

Lagos to Australia can't even be 27 hours unless you're just counting time spent in flight. I'm guessing 40hours at the very least. There will be one overnight layover at least due to the exotic nature of the route and about two layovers in total. Anything shorter than 40 hours is probably too expensive.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 10:18pm On Jul 02, 2023
lovewins:

It's getting messy in South Africa

An entirely different team was fielded to play Botswana.

The World Cup bound Bayana Bayana were not granted access to the stadium. The South African FA really called the player's bluff.

Irrespective of whatever side of the aisle you are, one thing is certain, football administrators do not respect female footballers. Happened in Spain, Italy, France, Jamaica, Canada, Nigeria and now South Africa.
Googled to see that they rejected a pitch cos they found it too local.

Is that really a strong reason to boycott?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
JohnBullMySon:
Googled to see that they rejected a pitch cos they found it too local.

Is that really a strong reason to boycott?

It's primarily financial. Details on Osasu's twitter page
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 12:03am On Jul 03, 2023
Obviously someone with little or no knowledge of women's football in America.
FYI... there was the USL W-League and the WPSL PRIOR to 1999. Do some research, young man!.

I presume reading and understanding clauses in bylaws and regulations might be a struggle for you - like I once stated earlier, stick to what you do best - videography!

Cheers!

BascoVanVeli:

How many had professional Women’s leagues at that time I remember that it was after the 99 world cup that America started their league. Who do u think u are talking to?

I told u that there was no training year round but u ran around in circles only for u to now say "well the coach can encourage strength and conditioning but she can train with an off campus team". Either way u were wrong.

(1) (2) (3) ... (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.