Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,739 members, 7,837,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (949) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (819798 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) ... (1078) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:14am On Dec 06, 2023
Deltamani:

The truth is the media Officer was really Wrong on this, If she could fix in Onome Ebi, Yewande Balogun and Glory Ogbonna pictures what happened to that of Ordega??… Ahbi their two get personally issue??

I am not disputing that o. The Media officer was very wrong. Like I said earlier, I personally think pictures shouldn't have been used, it increases the chances of something like this happening. I however think Ordega shouldn't have communicated her displeasure publicly. It makes the whole thing scandalous and sadly makes the scandal the center story and not the qualification.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:21am On Dec 06, 2023
You also said waldrum is the worst falcons coach ever
Deltamani:

Oga stop am… I have never for once said Justin Madugu is a good Coach okay…… and I will stand by it..

By the way I was one of those who literally was against Bringing in Rinsola Babajide but when i settled and watch her game consistently, I find out she was one of those who could help a lot upfront with her style of play…

Again some persons here were against Esther Okoronkwo as a player but I stood my ground, especially when she had some minutes against Australia at the World Cup, they were bashing her not considering the Pressure the team was in at the moment the brought her in…

Again I’m not a Fan of any Local or should I say Home based Coach… I will rather clamor for Ex-internationals which I have done on a regular…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:22am On Dec 06, 2023
mostob:
Please..I beg to differ.

How many minutes did Franny played in the qualification matches?

What exactly has been her impact in Nigerian football in the last 13 months?

For a player of her age and experience, she was so f**lish to make such a comment.

She might be joking sha. But if she is serious with it, she really disgraced herself.

The very nature of qualifiers is that plenty people can be called upon to prosecute them and some due to technical reasons or injuries miss out. The multiplicity of representation is the reason why pictures shouldn't have been used. Did you notice most of the home based players weren't included? Yewande who hasn't been a part of the team since the world cup was included. Regina Otu wasn't included. Nicole Payne who played the last game wasn't included. I could go on and on. It's why I said the principal mistake was using pictures. Pictures shouldn't have been used. I feel like pictures should only be used during tournaments where you have a roster.

So Franny's displeasure isn't as unfounded as you think. I however think she shouldn't have expressed her displeasure publicly.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:26am On Dec 06, 2023
These Arabs think say nah only them get madness and they love cheating.. kudos to Senegal for standing up to their madness
Deltamani:
Egyptian Ladies And Senegal Counterparts Exchanged Bl0ws In Cairo After Today's WAFCON Qualifier 🙆🏿‍♂️

It happened that a 10-player Senegal was able to hold their positions to earn a draw against Egypt...who trailed by 4 Goals😲

After the melee was doused, Senegalese ladies jumped and celebrated in front of the angry Egyptians 😰

The referees (match officials) were all standing in the field when the f!ght was going on... Dem no even near them
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:28am On Dec 06, 2023
Hmmmn i remember when we lost to Ghana 1-0 away but still qualify for last AWCON they want to eat waldrum alive
BascoVanVeli:

Ghana's foreign coach (that u guys have been praising btw) lost to Namibia and was still in tears of joy grin let a Nigerian coach try that and watch people like u annihilate
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:29am On Dec 06, 2023
Another wahala grin
naptu2:
Franny.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:33am On Dec 06, 2023
isan:
You also said waldrum is the worst falcons coach ever

The records were there but he Vindicated himself 😂😂🤗
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Icon4s(m): 8:36am On Dec 06, 2023
Promise47:
I love Cameroon alot they are close to Nigeria big neighbors and because of Francis ngannou

Yeah, I love watching them too. But unfortunately they couldn't make it this time.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:48am On Dec 06, 2023
lovewins:

The very nature of qualifiers is that plenty people can be called upon to prosecute them and some due to technical reasons or injuries miss out. The multiplicity of representation is the reason why pictures shouldn't have been used. Did you notice most of the home based players weren't included? Yewande who hasn't been a part of the team since the world cup was included. Regina Otu wasn't included. Nicole Payne who played the last game wasn't included. I could go on and on. It's why I said the principal mistake was using pictures. Pictures shouldn't have been used. I feel like pictures should only be used during tournaments where you have a roster.

So Franny's displeasure isn't as unfounded as you think. I however think she shouldn't have expressed her displeasure publicly.
Well..I agree with you. However, Franny shouldn't be making such kind of posts publicly. She is more matured than that na.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:51am On Dec 06, 2023
Onyi Echegini this season Played 23games, Started 21… Scored 16goals and gave 5Assists…

Let the Pro Life Begin…

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:00am On Dec 06, 2023
On thid Rinsola's case...

We need to calm down. She made us a second option..a fall back option which means she needs to work her way up now. She needs to make do with the small minutes she is getting now and play her way high up the pecking order. She can't just walk straight into the team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:02am On Dec 06, 2023
mostob:

We need to calm down. She made us a second option..a fall back option which means she needs to work her way up now. She needs to make do with the small minutes she is getting now and play her way high up the pecking order. She can't just walk straight into the team.

I major point was that she deserves to be given more minutes to prove herself not the @80+ Coach Madugu usually brings her in…

Rinsola Babajide has featured in all Super Falcons' game following her first invitation in September.

The 25-year-old has seen 37 minutes of action in regular time after four games (360 minutes) since her debut for Nigeria.

83' minute substitute vs Cape Verde (away)
81' minute vs Cape Verde (home)
88' minute substitute vs Ethiopia (home)
71' minute substitute vs Ethiopia (away)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:08am On Dec 06, 2023
mostob:

The coach should give her proper playing time at least 30minutes won’t be Bad…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by robosky02(m): 9:24am On Dec 06, 2023
Come where is the super falcons

Randy Waldrop
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:34am On Dec 06, 2023
Who da ask of Alaba Jonathan that time sef??

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:04am On Dec 06, 2023
isan:
Hmmmn i remember when we lost to Ghana 1-0 away but still qualify for last AWCON they want to eat waldrum alive

I don't agree. I remember like yesterday that most people felt bad that CAF would pair Nigeria and Ghana in such a situation. Plus a blind man could see the ref cheated to give Ghana their goal.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:07am On Dec 06, 2023
naptu2:
Franny.

It's the media officers fault. If he or she had stuck to the people in camp nobody would say anything

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 11:08am On Dec 06, 2023
mostob:
Please..I beg to differ.

For a player of her age and experience, she was so f**lish to make such a comment.

She might be joking sha. But if she is serious with it, she really disgraced herself.

Hmmm
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:30am On Dec 06, 2023
lovewins:

I'm not picking sides on you people's conversation o, but context matters in this your example.

First, Nigeria isn't Ghana so expectations differ particularly when it concerns female football. I believe we can agree on that.

Also, Ghana hasn't qualified for the WAFCON in 5 years. She's been able to put up a team to achieve that. No matter how that happens they will cut her some slack.

Again, not taking a position on you people's argument. As you were. Lol

U are picking sides but its alright.

Ghana goes into every competition expecting to do well. Their expectations are as high as any country in the continent. The fact that they don't get the job done has nothing to do with their expectations.

At the end of the day Ghana missed one tournament that we stopped them from going. The 5 year talk really means nothing cos there was only 1 tournament in the 5 years
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:33am On Dec 06, 2023
mostob:
Please..I beg to differ.

How many minutes have Oshoala and the 3rd goalkeeper played?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:48am On Dec 06, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

U are picking sides but its alright.

Ghana goes into every competition expecting to do well. Their expectations are as high as any country in the continent. The fact that they don't get the job done has nothing to do with their expectations.

At the end of the day Ghana missed one tournament that we stopped them from going. The 5 year talk really means nothing cos there was only 1 tournament in the 5 years

No I didn't pick sides. I only spoke to the Ghana point you raised, while allowing you guys continue with your argument.

Also, my point was Ghana and Nigeria doesn't have same pedigree hence different expectation levels. In the last 15 years, Ghana has missed the WAFCON twice, and have been knocked of of the competition in the group stage 4 times. They only made the semi finals finished 3rd once. So the crux of my statement is that pedigree wise, the gap between Nigeria and Ghana is far therefore expectations will differ. I didn't in anyway suggest no expectation with respect to the Ghanaian team. It's why isan rightly noted that Waldrum was heavily criticised after qualifying us for the WAFCON even though we lost the second leg to Ghana. I know because I was one of his biggest critics at the time. We always expect to Win and Win big in Africa no excuses.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2023
lovewins:

No I didn't pick sides. I only spoke to the Ghana point you raised, while allowing you guys continue with your argument.

Also, my point was Ghana and Nigeria doesn't have same pedigree hence different expectation levels. In the last 15 years, Ghana has missed the WAFCON twice, and have been knocked of of the competition in the group stage 4 times. They only made the semi finals finished 3rd once. So the crux of my statement is that pedigree wise, the gap between Nigeria and Ghana is far therefore expectations will differ. I didn't in anyway suggest no expectation with respect to the Ghanaian team. It's why isan rightly noted that Waldrum was heavily criticised after qualifying us for the WAFCON even though we lost the second leg to Ghana. I know because I was one of his biggest critics at the time. We always expect to Win and Win big in Africa no excuses.

Pedigree and expectations are 2 different things my man. Netherlands don't have the same pedigree as Brazil but they have just about the same expectations.

Italy missed the last 2 men's World Cups and were knocked out of the group stage in 2014 but that doesn’t change the expectation of the team when they do make it into a competition.

Even Nigeria missed back to back AFCONs and we still have the expectation that they Win whenever they are there.

Ghana is the 5th ranked team in Africa and they lost to a team ranked 140th in the world. Even Cape Verde that has only been a team for a couple years has a better ranking than them. They might not have the same pedigree as us but they have enough to expect that they don't lose to the 140th ranked team in the world.

I for one did not criticize Randy for the Ghana loss. I complained about the ref and the fact that we had to play Ghana in the first place. Even on my channel not many complained about the loss. The only person I saw people complaining about here was Oshoala.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 12:46pm On Dec 06, 2023
How did the Indomitable lionesses drop off
They didn’t make WAFCON
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:49pm On Dec 06, 2023
ZAMBIA 🇿🇲 RECORD IN WOMEN'S AFRICAN NATIONS CUP

1998 ---- Did Not Enter
2000---- Did Not Enter
2002---- Did Not Qualify
2004---- Did Not Qualify
2006---- Did Not Qualify
2008---- Did Not Qualify
2010---- Did Not Qualify
2012---- Did Not Qualify
2014---- Group Stage
2016---- Did Not Qualify
2018---- Group Stage
2020---- Cancelled
2022---- Third-Place
2022---- Qualified

And then get mouth pass anything…😂🤗😂

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 12:53pm On Dec 06, 2023
yinkeys:
How did the Indomitable lionesses drop off
They didn’t make WAFCON
They lost to Kenya who have now in turn lost out to Botswana.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Pedigree and expectations are 2 different things my man. Netherlands don't have the same pedigree as Brazil but they have just about the same expectations.

Italy missed the last 2 men's World Cups and were knocked out of the group stage in 2014 but that doesn’t change the expectation of the team when they do make it into a competition.

Even Nigeria missed back to back AFCONs and we still have the expectation that they Win whenever they are there.

Ghana is the 5th ranked team in Africa and they lost to a team ranked 140th in the world. Even Cape Verde that has only been a team for a couple years has a better ranking than them. They might not have the same pedigree as us but they have enough to expect that they don't lose to the 140th ranked team in the world.

I for one did not criticize Randy for the Ghana loss. I complained about the ref and the fact that we had to play Ghana in the first place. Even on my channel not many complained about the loss. The only person I saw people complaining about here was Oshoala.

You are making m point for me while at the same time comparing apples and oranges. Of course pedigree and expectations differ but pedigree largely determines expectations. Nigerians always expect the Super Falcons to dominate in Africa irrespective of who we are playing and the circumstances notwithstanding. To the examples you cited, Nigeria faced immense criticism after missing out of the AFCON (same with Italy) why, because expectations were high based on pedigree. And it isn't just baseless expectations, we've literally win bronze at the AFCON (that is so close to winning) that it became our birthright. So yes pedigree again largely informed expectations. Italy have been World champions 4 times so expectations aren't baseless.

Again my point isn't that Ghanians don't or shouldn't have expectations, but rather compared to Nigeria expectations differ.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:46pm On Dec 06, 2023
lovewins:

You are making m point for me while at the same time comparing apples and oranges. Of course pedigree and expectations differ but pedigree largely determines expectations. Nigerians always expect the Super Falcons to dominate in Africa irrespective of who we are playing and the circumstances notwithstanding. To the examples you cited, Nigeria faced immense criticism after missing out of the AFCON (same with Italy) why, because expectations were high based on pedigree. And it isn't just baseless expectations, we've literally win bronze at the AFCON (that is so close to winning) that it became our birthright. So yes pedigree again largely informed expectations. Italy have been World champions 4 times so expectations aren't baseless.

Again my point isn't that Ghanians don't or shouldn't have expectations, but rather compared to Nigeria expectations differ.

U say I'm proving ur point while jumping on my point and acting like its yours grin Of course u will get criticism when u don't qualify, this is not even in the conversation. That is something that comes with the job. My main point is that African coaches have a higher standard in their country than foreign coaches.

U said the Ghanaian coach should be happy because they qualified for the WAFCON after 5 years. Plus u added them missing 2 WAFCONs in 15. This is why I brought up Nigeria and Italy who have failed multiple time but still have high expectations. Ghana have been to the semifinals of the WAFCON 7 times. At the very least their expectations should include thrashing 140th ranked Namibia home and away.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:02pm On Dec 06, 2023
PDPGuy:

It’s definitely a commendable record. Do you know if that match analyst is still with the team?

Oh sorry I just saw this Sir. I think the Super Falcons match analyst at the world cup was hired by FIFA. So I'm not sure he is still with the team.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2023
Deltamani:
ZAMBIA 🇿🇲 RECORD IN WOMEN'S AFRICAN NATIONS CUP

1998 ---- Did Not Enter
2000---- Did Not Enter
2002---- Did Not Qualify
2004---- Did Not Qualify
2006---- Did Not Qualify
2008---- Did Not Qualify
2010---- Did Not Qualify
2012---- Did Not Qualify
2014---- Group Stage
2016---- Did Not Qualify
2018---- Group Stage
2020---- Cancelled
2022---- Third-Place
2022---- Qualified

And then get mouth pass anything…😂🤗😂

Any country with players like Kundananji and Banda will have mouth
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:05pm On Dec 06, 2023
do4luv14:

Hmmm

E pain am grin husband of Franny over to you cheesy

Well I don't think it was that serious sha

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:09pm On Dec 06, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

U say I'm proving ur point while jumping on my point and acting like its yours grin Of course u will get criticism when u don't qualify, this is not even in the conversation. That is something that comes with the job. My main point is that African coaches have a higher standard in their country than foreign coaches.

U said the Ghanaian coach should be happy because they qualified for the WAFCON after 5 years. Plus u added them missing 2 WAFCONs in 15. This is why I brought up Nigeria and Italy who have failed multiple time but still have high expectations. Ghana have been to the semifinals of the WAFCON 7 times. At the very least their expectations should include thrashing 140th ranked Namibia home and away.

Yes, it is the point I made from the very beginning. I literally said "Nigeria isn't Ghana so expectations differ". The crux of my point was varying expectations due to differences in pedigree. I didn't deviate from that.

On the bolded, recent examples prove you wrong. When Nigeria had bad results with CAR and Sierra Leone, Rohr faced immense criticism. Bad results against small opponents was one of the reasons he was sacked even though he qualified us for the AFCON. To now claim foreign coaches don't face as much criticism as local ones is a lie. The difference is they don't get sacked easily and are given so much latitude to change course and this frankly as more to do with contracts than with skin colour. Local coaches sadly don't have strong contracts that will deincentivize firing them. Many so not even have contracts. As at the last report none of the assistant coaches of the Super Eagles have a valid contract signed. Amunuke deputised for Eguavon without a valid contract signed. For instance, most Nigerians have criticized Peisero heavily and want him gone, but the NFF can't sack him cause they'll reportedly have to pay him the equivalent of a 3 year salary as penalty.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Any country with players like Kundananji and Banda will have mouth
Exactly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (946) (947) (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) ... (1078) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Deltamani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.