Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,654 members, 7,865,628 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:57 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (951) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (842484 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) ... (1091) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:33pm On Dec 06, 2023
do4luv14:

Bia oya come confess, weytin my Crush do you
Nothing o grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Promise47(m): 12:29am On Dec 07, 2023
Yeah sure
Icon4s:

Yeah, I love watching them too. But unfortunately they couldn't make it this time.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:56am On Dec 07, 2023
Coach of the Year (WOMEN) award - Final 3.

#CAFAwards2023

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:57am On Dec 07, 2023
Club of the Year (WOMEN) award - Final 3.

#CAFAwards2023

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:58am On Dec 07, 2023
National Team of the Year (WOMEN) award - Final 3.

#CAFAwards2023

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:02am On Dec 07, 2023
Goalkeeper of the Year (WOMEN) award - Final 3.

#CAFAwards2023

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:24am On Dec 07, 2023
Young Player of the Year (WOMEN) award - Final 3.

#CAFAwards2023

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:42am On Dec 07, 2023
Interclub Player of the Year (WOMEN) award - Final 3.

#CAFAwards2023

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:05am On Dec 07, 2023
The very best.

Player of the Year (WOMEN) award - Final 3.

#CAFAwards2023

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/SHM11dtGq4H87JPF/?mibextid=gik2fB

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 11:10am On Dec 07, 2023
Schemerkhiz:
The very best.

Player of the Year (WOMEN) award - Final 3.

#CAFAwards2023

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/SHM11dtGq4H87JPF/?mibextid=gik2fB
Oga where you enter since? I mistake you always for Deltamani.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:13am On Dec 07, 2023
GeneralDae:

Oga where you enter since? I mistake you always for Deltamani.

I say make I come Wish ona Merry Christmas🎄
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Pidginwhisper: 11:29am On Dec 07, 2023
Schemerkhiz:
Coach of the Year (WOMEN) award - Final 3.

#CAFAwards2023
What’s Desire doing there?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:26pm On Dec 07, 2023
Pidginwhisper:
What’s Desire doing there?

How do you mean what's she doing there? She's going to win it. She literally won the AFCON and got the the round of 16 of the world cup.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:01pm On Dec 07, 2023
Super Falcons vs Cape Verde 2nd leg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv87CzRe3jE

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 2:40pm On Dec 07, 2023
Thanks for the highlights
Are you able to have access to the full 90 and post?

BascoVanVeli:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 3:19pm On Dec 07, 2023
Schemerkhiz:

I say make I come Wish ona Merry Christmas
You just abandon us here. it's not fair o grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:23pm On Dec 07, 2023
Randy Waldrum left out in the shortlist of the Final 3 nominations for the CAF Coach of the year award (Women).😳

Nominees

Reynald Pedros 🇲🇦
Desiree Ellis 🇿🇦
Jerry Tshabalala 🇿🇦

what’s your take on this nomination ?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:47pm On Dec 07, 2023
𝙈𝘼𝘾 𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙈𝘼𝙉𝙉 𝙁𝙄𝙉𝘼𝙇𝙄𝙎𝙏

Congrats to Joe for being named one of 3 finalists for the MAC Hermann Trophy👏

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:01pm On Dec 07, 2023
AkinDS:
Thanks for the highlights
Are you able to have access to the full 90 and post?

You're welcome. No I don't have the full match but I'm still searching

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:56pm On Dec 07, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

As it stands Esther Okoronkwo is ahead of Ifeoma Onumonu in the pecking order as she’s a better finisher, more Athletic and Physical. We really did miss her at the WAFCON because of she was available Ifeoma Onumonu wouldn’t have gotten those number of minutes she got and Okoronkwo would have probably done and excellent job….

She’s a Goal getter. I remember how some of us here compared her with Moroccan Fatima Tagnaout..

Both are skillful but Okoronkwo is more deadly in front of goal which is more important of an Attacker.. Go check out Okoronkwo records at Lamar state University,🇺🇸

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:00pm On Dec 07, 2023
Esther Okoronkwo Played 39games for Lamar University scored 35goals with 16 Assists…

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:20pm On Dec 07, 2023
This Should be the new CAF/FIFA ranking of the WAFCON qualified teams

Nigeria (35)
South Africa (52)
Morocco (62)
Ghana (63)
Zambia (70)
Tunisia (80)
Senegal (81)
Mali (83)
Algeria (84)
DR Congo (101)
Tanzania (145)
Botswana (152)
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2023
Deltamani:

As it stands Esther Okoronkwo is ahead of Ifeoma Onumonu in the pecking order as she’s a better finisher, more Athletic and Physical. We really did miss her at the WAFCON because of she was available Ifeoma Onumonu wouldn’t have gotten those number of minutes she got and Okoronkwo would have probably done and excellent job….

She’s a Goal getter. I remember how some of us here compared her with Moroccan Fatima Tagnaout..

Both are skillful but Okoronkwo is more deadly in front of goal which is more important of an Attacker.. Go check out Okoronkwo records at Lamar state University,🇺🇸

More athletic and physical? No

Better finisher? Yes

Esther has really impressed me and the solo goal was a joy to watch, but there's no way she's scoring that against a better and more experienced team. First, she most likely wouldn't have won the aerial duel. She has a height disadvantage and like they say in basketball, you can teach height. Even if we concede that she wins that duel, she beat the last cape Verdean defender too easily. A more experienced defender would have intercepted that ball. Her strike however was fantastic, she's definitely a better finisher.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2023
lovewins:

More athletic and physical? No

Better finisher? Yes

Esther has really impressed me and the solo goal was a joy to watch, but there's no way she's scoring that against a better and more experienced team. First, she most likely wouldn't have won the aerial duel. She has a height disadvantage and like they say in basketball, you can teach height. Even if we concede that she wins that duel, she beat the last cape Verdean defender too easily. A more experienced defender would have intercepted that ball. Her strike however was fantastic, she's definitely a better finisher.

I can assure you that Esther Okoronkwo is more Athletic and Physical than Iffy Onumonu..! I’m not saying this because of the Cape Verde game .. I have followed her game from Lamar University down to the Summer Series then the WAFCON Qualifying game against CIV 🇨🇮

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
ROAD TO PARIS (OLYMPICS) 2024

Only two Nations to represent AFRICA

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 8:50pm On Dec 07, 2023
Deltamani:

I can assure you that Esther Okoronkwo is more Athletic and Physical than Iffy Onumonu..! I’m not saying this because of the Cape Verde game .. I have followed her game from Lamar University down to the Summer Series then the WAFCON Qualifying game against CIV 🇨🇮

This isn't a matter of differing opinion o, it's a matter of fact and there's no factual scenario where Esther is more athletic or physical than Onumonu. None!

Skillful? Yes. Better goal scorer? Maybe, Pace? Maybe but not physicality and athleticism.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:52pm On Dec 07, 2023
lovewins:

This isn't a matter of differing opinion o, it's a matter of fact and there's no factual scenario where Esther is more athletic or physical than Onumonu. None!

Skillful? Yes. Better goal scorer? Maybe, Pace? Maybe but not physicality and athleticism.

I just hope say no be Onumonu height da deceive you.. I have watched and analyzed this two players very well.. No affinity attached. Esther is more Aggressive upfront.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:02pm On Dec 07, 2023
Deltamani:

I just hope say no be Onumonu height da deceive you.. I have watched and analyzed this two players very well.. No affinity attached.

Baba no be height, it's just fact and yours not basing anything you're saying on objective fact. The closest to objectivity (not always perfect) is ratings these players get in games. Just check EA sports ratings and the distance between Ify and Esther's physicality ratings is far. You obviously know they check years of records before reaching decisions on ratings. Their is no way Esther trumps Ify on physicality/athleticism. On this one you're wrong.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:27pm On Dec 07, 2023
lovewins:

Baba no be height, it's just fact and yours not basing anything you're saying on objective fact. The closest to objectivity (not always perfect) is ratings these players get in games. Just check EA sports ratings and the distance between Ify and Esther's physicality ratings is far. You obviously know they check years of records before reaching decisions on ratings. Their is no way Esther trumps Ify on physicality/athleticism. On this one you're wrong.

I stand my ground… U think this EA Sports ratings is Always correct..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 9:44pm On Dec 07, 2023
lovewins:

But I thought physicality has always been Onumonu's weakness?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:23pm On Dec 07, 2023
GeneralDae:

But I thought physicality has always been Onumonu's weakness?

No it hasn't. She's literally the most effective when it comes to hold-up play in the team now. She wins a lot of duels too. Her challenge has always been pace amongst a few others.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:28pm On Dec 07, 2023
lovewins:

No it hasn't. She's literally the most effective when it comes to hold-up play in the team now. She wins a lot of duels too. Her challenge has always been pace amongst a few others.
Well physicality is more than just hold up play but aggression in addition to hold up play. Ability to doggedly shove off defenders or bulldoze your way through.

Can Onumonu do this while running with the ball? I agree her hold up play is excellent?

(1) (2) (3) ... (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) ... (1091) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.