Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,384 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (793800 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (1068) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:37pm On May 31, 2019
After 8 goals (including a Champions League final goal) in 11 matches during a four-month loan spell from Dalian Quanjian, FC Barcelona have signed Asisat Oshoala permanently on a three-year contract, from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2022!

Congratulations Superzee! Well deserved.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:10pm On May 31, 2019
naptu2:
Asisat Oshoala Signs For Barcelona Till 2022.

https://www.nairaland.com/5218688/asisat-oshoala-signs-barcelona-till
The least she deserves
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 12:16am On Jun 01, 2019
Interestingly, the Super Falcons have played a total of 12 FIFA WWC matches in this century (2003, 2007, 2011, 2015).

In that period, the team has scored only 5 goals, and failed to score in 9 of those matches shocked
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:26am On Jun 01, 2019
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:37am On Jun 01, 2019
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:01am On Jun 01, 2019
Halimatu Ayinde
Jersey no.18
Date of Birth: 16-05-1995 (24yrs)
Height: 167
Club: Eskilstuana United, Sweden.
Position: Midfield
FIFA Women World Cup Apperance: (2015)

The claim that Halimatu Ayinde is one of the best central midfielders currently in the Superfalcons relies largely on her ability to find and exploit space as a playmaker. Finding space, she would appear for a teammate to receive and then move the ball on. But of recent Coach Thomas Dennerby have decided to deploy her as a Defensive midfielder The former Western New York Flash of USA midfielder is arguably the best sweeper in the Falcons. “Halimoto” as she is fondly called does her business in the midfield with utmost care and precision, she does the dirty job of cleaning up the mess and breaking up play in the midfield which others run away from. She was part of the Silver-winning Falconets of 2014, where she dazzled in midfield alonside Osarenoma Igbinovia. Halimatu is a steel and received praises from football lovers in Africa for her impressive displays at the 2018 AWCON.

Strengths — Good ball distribution, good speed, tight marker, Strong, agile.

Weakness/es — Sometimes gives the ball away easily.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:44pm On Jun 01, 2019
Super falcons to play a Slovakian club not the national team?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 1:28am On Jun 02, 2019
BascoVanVeli:
Super falcons to play a Slovakian club not the national team?
Well at all at all n.a. him bad pass.
I think any good team is ok to practice tactics on. A team that isn't going to press them hard will allow for focus on positioning and correct linkage.
Less than 7 days to our first match. I don't know but I'm quite confident of Nigeria getting to next round.
Nigeria and Cameroon will qualify

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:37am On Jun 02, 2019
olapluto:

Well at all at all n.a. him bad pass.
I think any good team is ok to practice tactics on. A team that isn't going to press them hard will allow for focus on positioning and correct linkage.
Less than 7 days to our first match. I don't know but I'm quite confident of Nigeria getting to next round.
Nigeria and Cameroon will qualify

Abeg dem no try. The team need to know where they are and what they can correct or cover up before the world cup. They won't get that facing a club and even the Slovakia was even pushing it because we needed a strong match.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 11:21am On Jun 02, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Abeg dem no try. The team need to know where they are and what they can correct or cover up before the world cup. They won't get that facing a club and even the Slovakia was even pushing it because we needed a strong match.
I fully understand you. I think a strong team will be good, but I also think its not that bad. Maybe we can assume the only strong team we played was Canada and we had a good game in the first half.
I think for now, the players should just avoid unnecessary injuries and enjoy themselves. I was in Paris yesterday and it was quite warm, around 25 degrees. If the weather stays like that, we should have a good tournament.
I sincerely hope this 2 weeks intensive camping has opened Dennerby's eyes as to which players best suit his game. I wont be surprised if his starting line up is different to that of AWCON final. He will pick the most disciplined players.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:01pm On Jun 02, 2019
NGSuper_Falcons XI vs Pomurje 16 Chiamaka Nnadozie 3 Osinachi Ohale 14 Faith Michael 5 Onome Ebi 4 Ngozi Ebere 10 Rita Chikwelu 18 Halimatu Ayinde 17 Francisca Ordega 13 Sonia Okobi 8 Asisat Oshoala 9 Desire Oparanozie

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:12pm On Jun 02, 2019
this line up is strong is he playing 433?
Schemerkhiz:
NGSuper_Falcons
XI vs Pomurje
16 Chiamaka Nnadozie
3 Osinachi Ohale
14 Faith Michael
5 Onome Ebi
4 Ngozi Ebere
10 Rita Chikwelu
18 Halimatu Ayinde
17 Francisca Ordega
13 Sonia Okobi
8 Asisat Oshoala
9 Desire Oparanozie
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:26pm On Jun 02, 2019
isan:
this line up is strong is he playing 433?
3-5-2 as usual

Nnadozie
Faith Micheal Ohale Onome

Chikwelu Ayinde
Okobi
Ordega Ebere

Oshoala Oparanozie

That should be their average position. Plenty expected of Ebere and Ordega in tracking back, but I think Oshoala will also be switching positions with Ordega.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2019
In Beltinci: Pomurje 0-2 Nigeria - Asisat Oshoala
brace handed the NGSuper_Falcons
the first half advantage against the Slovenian champions. 18' Oshoala 26' Oshoala

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:56pm On Jun 02, 2019
Oshoala coming through as the expected star of the team. Its good to have someone like that in tournaments like this. If she's not scoring, at least she can draw opponents to her and free up Oparanozie and Ordega.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:01pm On Jun 02, 2019
olapluto:
Oshoala coming through as the expected star of the team. Its good to have someone like that in tournaments like this. If she's not scoring, at least she can draw opponents to her and free up Oparanozie and Ordega.
You're right about this....I think our opponent will be looking for a way to stop her and this will give room to Oparanozie, Ordega and others to score....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2019
59' Tripple Substitution: Pomurje 0-2 Nigeria Chinwendu Ihezuo, Uchenna Kanu and Chinaza Uchendu replace Desire Oparanozie, Osinachi Ohale and Halimatu Ayinde respectively

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2019
65' Another Tripple Substitution: Pomurje 0-2 Nigeria: Anam Imo, Evelyn Nwabuoku, Rasheedat Ajibade and Amarachi Okoronkwo are in for Onome Ebi, Rita Chikwelu, Sonia Okobi and Asisat Oshoala respectively
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2019
I don't understand this substitution who replace ohale in the back 3?
Schemerkhiz:
59' Tripple Substitution: Pomurje 0-2 Nigeria Chinwendu Ihezuo, Uchenna Kanu and Chinaza Uchendu replace Desire Oparanozie, Osinachi Ohale and Halimatu Ayinde respectively
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:30pm On Jun 02, 2019
80' in Beltinci: Pomurje 0-2 Nigeria NGSuper_Falcons pressing for more goals but the Slovenians are leaving nothing to chance defensively
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:34pm On Jun 02, 2019
isan:
I don't understand this substitution who replace ohale in the back 3?
Chinaza Uchendu could possibly be the one... She can play as a center back too...
She played as a center back against Spain at the FIFA U20 Women's World Cup in 2016

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Divepen1(m): 5:37pm On Jun 02, 2019
91' Gooooal!!! in Beltinci: Pomurje 0-3 Nigeria - Substitute @Ucheofficial30 got on the scoresheet at the death to extend the lead of the @NGSuper_Falcons.

#SoarSuperFalcons #Team9jastrong #FIFAWWC #Friendlies @FIFAWWC_NGA @thenff
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:38pm On Jun 02, 2019
that was 3 years ago she's now a winger/striker there chidinma okeke on the bench
Schemerkhiz:

Chinaza Uchendu could possibly be the one... She can play as a center back too...
She played as a center back against Spain at the FIFA U20 Women's World Cup in 2016
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:39pm On Jun 02, 2019
91' Gooooal!!! in Beltinci: Pomurje 0-3 Nigeria - Substitute Uchenna Kanu got on the scoresheet at the death to extend the lead of the SuperFalcons
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:39pm On Jun 02, 2019
Schemerkhiz:

I think the coach reverted to a 4-4-2. We may play 4-4-2 in some periods if we are chasing the game.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:43pm On Jun 02, 2019
isan:
that was 3 years ago she's now a winger/striker there chidinma okeke on the bench

Uchendu is a versatile player, She can play anywhere in the midfield...although she has being playing as a winger/ Striker of recent

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:25pm On Jun 02, 2019
Ngozi Sonia Okeoghene OKOBI
Jersey no.13
Position: Midfielder
Date of birth: 14-12-1993 (25yrs)
Height: 163
Club: Eskilstuana United DFF, Sweden
FIFA World Cup apperances: (2015)

She has been labeled by the Nigeria media as "the female Iniesta " – She possesses immense skill, especially as a playmaker with an eye for goal. As such, she has been nicknamed "Ini-okobi", a variant of Iniesta
Okobi primarily plays as an attacking midfielder, but can also be deployed in central midfield as a deep-lying midfielder, or as a winger . Domestically, she primarily plays as a playmaker in the number 10 role, while at international level, she plays majorly behind the Strikers in a 4-3-3 formation. Two of Okobi most common exemplary traits are her vision and passing, which have been described as "one-of-a-kind" and "sublime", respectively. She is also known for her distinct understanding of the game, which has led to her developing "a great football IQ".In addition to her creativity, eye for goal, and tactical awareness, she is known for outstanding control and dribbling ability, as well as her elegance on the ball. Her technical skill and ability to read the game allow her to determine "when to take a defender on one-on-one, how to find a teammate with a slide-rule pass, and how to exploit tight spaces to create scoring chances for herself and her cohorts". For these reasons, her playing style has drawn comparisons with SPAIN 2010 World Cup winner Iniesta.

Strengths — Experience, Skillful, Fast, Good ball distribution, an intelligent player,

Weakness/es — She's Light weight and can easily be dispossed off the ball by a More Physical player.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:56pm On Jun 02, 2019
Schemerkhiz:
91' Gooooal!!! in Beltinci: Pomurje 0-3 Nigeria - Substitute Uchenna Kanu got on the scoresheet at the death to extend the lead of the SuperFalcons

damn!!! Asisat and Kanu sef ...goal no dey tire dem ni

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by zoboizee: 7:30pm On Jun 02, 2019
Falcons & weak teams. World cup defeat is loading.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Divepen1(m): 7:40pm On Jun 02, 2019
zoboizee:
Falcons & weak teams. World cup defeat is loading.
Who is this one?

What league are you playing?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2019
I will love to watch Norway's friendly vs South Africa tonight. They play in about 30 minutes. Hopefully that can help gauge how far Norway has prepared. I wont be surprised if they beat SA due to their strength.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:03pm On Jun 02, 2019
Norway walking over south Africa

43 minute -

south Africa 0 - 5 Norway

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (1068) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.