Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country (7263 Views)

Excitement In Borno As Troops Reclaim Gudumbari / 90% Of Boko Haram Are Foreigners,northern Youths Rise Up And Protect Your Land / Youths Rise Up N Fight For Your Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by dafman10(m): 2:24pm On Oct 21, 2009
aisha2:

Most times people say only God will save us, an i critisize them but now i realize there is a lot of wisdom in that statement. We have a lot of faith in God and our religious institutions. Now if we can use religion positively we would achieve our freedom. Imagine what will happen if all the churches say No church on sunday rather we are marching to the villa to deman for the removal of Aoondoakaa, Iwu and implementation of the Uwais report and same thing with the mosques. DO you know the population of the masses who worship. The religious organizations are the best avnue to mobilize people to sy no to bad ledership. Think about it.
Its time the church raise their heads up and open thier eyes from prayers and act. Jesus was a Socail Changer. He is brought the greatest changes to the reliogious order, enough of Siddon look and pray, the church should rise and do the work of God by standing for truth, fairness and justice. We have heard enough of sermons, Its time o take the bull by the horns and do like Rev. Martin Luther, one sunday  He said Brethren, we aill not do church today, we will walk accross that bridge and they did

Really this idea makes a lot of sense but the question is will some of our politically minded church leaders be able to muster enough courage to bite the hands that feeds them?
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Rosabelle(f): 2:27pm On Oct 21, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

If I was to hire a "agent of change" I would pick someone like a NUZO over someone like an Aisha, Emotional twats can't do much. They get stuck in RUBBISH.
like announcing [/b]that they gave a POOR CHILD Money for school fees and money for food, I die. <hahaha> embarassed embarassed embarassed I don't see how its cause for announcement.
And people like Aisha2 are the emotional one's?? smiley
[b]I still say it: I smile at the fear in our voice.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by citizenY(m): 2:28pm On Oct 21, 2009
posakosa1
Nigeria has TOO MANY STAKEHOLDERS,  You can keep illusioning yourself by writing 500 naira checks.

Exactly. That is why you should encourage these guys. You could stay away in wherever you are now and watch.
At least they have not asked you for your dollar bill.  I have a sneaky feeling that you are an ITK who has
imbibed certain values of your society of present abode. You using that prism to look at events in our
country. After exhausting all you know about NGO's , you could  find out that it is these guys that are the
rallying point to bring changes in our country on their own steam and not on your dollar or that of your present
place of abode as contribution.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:30pm On Oct 21, 2009
citizenY:

posakosa1
Nigeria has TOO MANY STAKEHOLDERS,  You can keep illusioning yourself by writing 500 naira checks.

Exactly. That is why you should encourage these guys. You could stay away in wherever you are now and watch.
At least they have not asked you for your dollar bill.  I have a sneaky feeling that you are an ITK who has
imbibed certain values of your society of present abode. You using that prism to look at events in our
country. After exhausting all you know about NGO's , you could  find out that it is these guys that are the
rallying point to bring changes in our country on their own steam and not on your dollar or that of your present
place of abode as contribution.

I live in Nigeria. I won't try and explain paradigms with you over NL. not worth it.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:31pm On Oct 21, 2009
Rosabelle:

And people like Aisha2 are the emotional one's?? smiley
I still say it: I smile at the fear in our voice.

You smell fear. I smell your buttocks from here, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Rosabelle(f): 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

You smell fear. I smell your buttocks from here, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Definitely a nigerian living in hackney!
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:33pm On Oct 21, 2009
KEEP ANNOUNCING THAT YOU'RE GIVING TO THE POOR. Write your 500 naira checks. WELL DONE. YOUR REWARD IS GREAT.  

You are a TRULY CHANGING NIGERIA.  kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:34pm On Oct 21, 2009
Rosabelle:

Definitely a nigerian living in hackney!

You are a Nigerian living in my PIT LATRINE. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by citizenY(m): 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2009
@POSAKOSA

HOW DO I REACH YOU IN YOUR CLOUD CUKOOLAND HOUSE?
I WILL PILL YOUR BEARDS OUT.
JUST STAY THERE AND LEAVE THESE GUYS ALONE
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Rosabelle(f): 2:36pm On Oct 21, 2009
Oh . . . another one on the loose.  undecided
@ Posakosa. . . . Fear is such a strong force when we allow it overcome us. So youve run out of arguements and so its time to abuse? Such immature stuff at that. This isnt kindergarten sir.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by 55gal(m): 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2009
Too much talk and argument.Action please!
who will start the move?
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2009
Rosabelle:

Oh . . . another one on the loose.  undecided
@ Posakosa. . . . Fear is such a strong force when we allow it overcome us. So youve run out of arguements and so its time to abuse? Such immature stuff at that. This isnt kindergarten sir.

abuse ? you should go back and RE-READ your posts, No need to abuse anyone on NL.  smiley
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by AfroCynic: 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2009
I am glad the Prof said that, he is not wrong. Young people have the most to lose the way things are going. The politicians are never going to start doing the right thing because they want to, They have to be made to fear the repercussions of not doing so, one hundred thousand young people marching on the capital, will definitely scare these thieves we call leaders. All young people, waving the national flag, being addressed by genuine agents of change.

Also, our religious leaders are part of the problem, instead of encouraging change, they are in cahoots with the politicians. They are busy predicting when the country will break up and who will win elections, what nonsense. The Imams, Pastor and Babalawos need to get serious now. But then again, they also benefit from the malaise and poverty, so I guess they will be reluctant to change it.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:42pm On Oct 21, 2009
55gal:

who will start the move?

Aisha and co have started.  tongue tongue tongue
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by beneli(m): 2:43pm On Oct 21, 2009
The consensus is that Nigerian Youths must start to do something about the hostage situation that we find ourselves in. The question that remains is 'How do we go about it?'

How do we reclaim our nation from the clutches of those who have held us down in such a manner that the very essence of our being is drained from us, leaving us increasingly bereft of the little (in)sanity that had once allowed us to continue smiling in the midst of our unrelenting suffering? Perhaps it is a good thing that the (in)sanity is lifting and that the smile is now fading from our lips. It is a good thing. Because that same thing that had given us the frame of mind to smile in the midst of our suffering, that same veil of doltishness, is the same thing that has been manipulated by the vagabonds in power, to chain a lot of us to our retrogressive tribal allegiances and prejudices.

It is a good thing that we are being driven to the point where we are all beginning to recognise that the hostage situation is a Nigerian experience. An experience that was not caused by or is exclusive to, any particular ethnic group. Nigerians are suffering and it has nothing to to with whether they are Anang or Bini or Kalabari or Gwari. Nigerians are suffering and as the veil continues to lift and we recognise that a lot more bind us together than separates us, a fire will be kindled in our bones that will make us to move beyond our internet-based rhetoric to an action that is equitably Nigerian.

Methinks that the veil is not completely lifted and the fire is not kindled.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:43pm On Oct 21, 2009
AfroCynic:

I am glad the Prof said that, he is not wrong. Young people have the most to lose the way things are going. The politicians are never going to start doing the right thing because they want to,  They have to be made to fear the repercussions of not doing so,  one hundred thousand young people marching on the capital, will definitely scare these thieves we call leaders. All young people, waving the national flag, being addressed by genuine agents of change.

Also, our religious leaders are part of the problem, instead of encouraging change, they are in cahoots with the politicians. They are busy predicting when the country will break up and who will win elections, what nonsense. The Imams, Pastor and Babalawos need to get serious now. But then again, they also benefit from the malaise and poverty, so I guess they will be reluctant to change it.

Like i've said to even begin to affect real change. ONE NEEDS to draw the complicated MAPS of understanding the VARIOUS STAKE HOLDERS.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by msaalli(m): 2:44pm On Oct 21, 2009
Is it enough for us to stand up and reclaim our land without having any plans on how to achieve our lofty goals? Have we studied our history enough to learn from the pitfalls of the past? Do we know where our ideological leanings are? Do we have the temperament to tolerate opposing views even from now? The present crop of leaders did not all start out to be evil so we also have to learn from the past before we can be adequately prepared for the great task before us. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:45pm On Oct 21, 2009
beneli:

The consensus is that Nigerian Youths must start to do something about the hostage situation that we find ourselves in. The question that remains is 'How do we go about it?'

How do we reclaim our nation from the clutches of those who have held us down in such a manner that the very essence of our being is drained from us, leaving us increasingly bereft of the little (in)sanity that had once allowed us to continue smiling in the midst of our unrelenting suffering? Perhaps it is a good thing that the (in)sanity is lifting and that the smile is now fading from our lips. It is a good thing. Because that same thing that had given us the frame of mind to smile in the midst of our suffering, that same veil of doltishness, is the same thing that has been manipulated by the vagabonds in power, to chain a lot of us to our retrogressive tribal allegiances and prejudices.

It is a good thing that we are being driven to the point where we are all beginning to recognise that the hostage situation is a Nigerian experience. An experience that was not caused by or is exclusive to, any particular ethnic group. Nigerians are suffering and it has nothing to to with whether they are Anang or Bini or Kalabari or Gwari. Nigerians are suffering and as the veil continues to lift and we recognise that a lot more bind us together than separates us, a fire will be kindled in our bones that will make us to move beyond our internet-based rhetoric to an action that is equitably Nigerian.

Methinks that the veil is not completely lifted and the fire is not kindled.

According to Aisha and co, you help POOR and SICK children then come and announcement it on NL for an achievement award.  grin
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 21, 2009
55gal:

who will start the move?
You can start on the 29th of this month if you live in Abuja. There is a rally
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:47pm On Oct 21, 2009
msaalli:

Is it enough for us to stand up and reclaim our land without having any plans on how to achieve our lofty goals? Have we studied our history enough to learn from the pitfalls of the past? Do we know where our ideological leanings are? Do we have the temperament to tolerate opposing views even from now? The present crop of leaders did not all start out to be evil so we also have to learn from the past before we can be adequately prepared for the great task before us. God bless Nigeria.

Relevant questions. If you ask the typical EMOTIONAL Nigerian what they can do like Rosabelle and co, they will begin to talk about the checks they have written for poor and hungry children with flies hanging all over them like "feed the children" commercials.  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:48pm On Oct 21, 2009
Most of you are ALL talk. Like of said, all you NONPROFIT TWATS, you can ONLY FOOL THE WHITE MAN. you can't fool me. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Kobojunkie: 2:48pm On Oct 21, 2009
AfroCynic:

I am glad the Prof said that, he is not wrong. Young people have the most to lose the way things are going. The politicians are never going to start doing the right thing because they want to, They have to be made to fear the repercussions of not doing so, one hundred thousand young people marching on the capital, will definitely scare these thieves we call leaders. All young people, waving the national flag, being addressed by genuine agents of change.

UUmm . . . .  the GROWNUPS are just as responsible for the quagmire, and not until they start acting will things change. Not until ALL stand up to fight will things change for all.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by MrCrackles(m): 2:50pm On Oct 21, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

Aisha and co have started.  tongue tongue tongue
Started what
Started behind your computers . . . .  shocked
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2009
MrCrackles:

Started what
Started behind your computers . . . .  shocked

No they've started feeding the POOR and paying for school fees.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by AfroCynic: 2:52pm On Oct 21, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

Like i've said to even begin to affect real change. ONE NEEDS to draw the complicated MAPS of understanding the VARIOUS STAKE HOLDERS.

Dude, you are not wrong but the various stakeholders, as you put it, all co-exist under the umbrella of acute corruption. This is not even an ethnic thing, because only about 10% of the population is wealthy, the majority of us have far more in common with one another. Deal the with corruption first, then we'll work out how we'll proceed.

The first step will be to get that worthless piece of paper that pretends to be a constitution thrown out,
Kobojunkie:

UUmm . . . .  the GROWNUPS are just as responsible for the quagmire, and not until they start acting will things change. Not until ALL stand up to fight will things change for all.

But dude everyday for the thief and one day for the owner, until we the affected decide to force that day, the so called 'grown-ups' will never change! Change never comes about willingly, it's either through war (which no one wants) or massive civil disruption, ya dig?
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by bawomolo(m): 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2009
A good time to start will be 29th November when NLC intends to protest deregulation

the NLC is still a credible organization?
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2009
AfroCynic:

Dude, you are not wrong but the various stakeholders, as you put it, all co-exist under the umbrella of acute corruption. This is not even an ethnic thing, because only about 10% of the population is wealthy, the majority of us have far more in common with one another. Deal the with corruption first, then we'll work out how we'll proceed.

the various stakeholders SEEK different things as a result they DO NOT co-exist under the same umbrella of corruption.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:57pm On Oct 21, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I think u're wrong there. The grown-ups are SOME responsible and there are responsible ADULTS out there, the problem because in the NAME of the struggle, rather than commonality, divisiveness somehow erupts, people begin to seek PERSONAL RECOGNITIONS and IMO no ADULT is going to risk their name and career if the youth they intend to support don't get their act together or somehow crumble along the way.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by AfroCynic: 2:57pm On Oct 21, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

the various stakeholders SEEK different things as a result they DO NOT co-exist under the same umbrella of corruption.

I am tempted to disagree but I will hold my fire, please expound on this point. You seem to just say with no explanation,
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 3:03pm On Oct 21, 2009
AfroCynic:

I am tempted to disagree but I will hold my fire, please expound on this point. You seem to just say with no explanation,

what don't you understand ?
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Kobojunkie: 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2009
msaalli:

Is it enough for us to stand up and reclaim our land without having any plans on how to achieve our lofty goals?
Well, you couldn’t really stand up in unison with the next man if you didn’t have a plan in the first place, that worked for both of you, could you?  The ULTIMATE PLAN can be ironed out over time, as has been done by civilizations past but not until you actually have the land to work with can your plan be of use.

If you wanted to start a farm, you can draft a plan on how you intend to plant tomatoes and then sell them at the market and build an empire out of the business. But not until you actually start with money for the business via loans etc and land to plant your crops on, will that ultimate plan be of use to you or anyone.

msaalli:

Have we studied our history enough to learn from the pitfalls of the past?
We don’t need a Master’s in History to understand that what we have now is not working and we need to change things fast before it all goes to hell in a hand basket. Of course we will all have our different takes on our history but the point is what we have now has robbed us ALL, note not some of us, but ALL of our rights and privileges as humans, as Nigerians, and as Africans.

msaalli:

Do we know where our ideological leanings are?
What matters at this point is we all understand that what we have now has not worked for us ALL in over 2 score years. It is time to change it all.

msaalli:

Do we have the temperament to tolerate opposing views even from now?
To wait till such a time when we all have the temperament to tolerate opposing views is to wait for eternity. It will NEVER happen. Even zombies have differences.

msaalli:

The present crop of leaders did not all start out to be evil so we also have to learn from the past before we can be adequately prepared for the great task before us. God bless Nigeria.
I think it is clear that at this point, it is NOT about the people but the CHECKS in place to ensure that when the people go wrong, they are made to face the consequence. That is what our system has been missing for decades and that is essentially what we need today. Imagine if we had a measure in place to ensure that if a government, federal and non was deemed comatose, we would not only sack such a government but prosecute it? Now I know there are those who will come in to claim it is not even done in western democracies, and to those I ask why we cannot have that in our own kind of democracy since we are not the west. If we had such in place, the Yar aduas, iboris etc would think twice before they doom their lives and the lives of their families with such acts.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Kobojunkie: 3:11pm On Oct 21, 2009
AfroCynic:

The first step will be to get that worthless piece of paper that pretends to be a constitution thrown out,
But dude everyday for the thief and one day for the owner, until we the affected decide to force that day, the so called 'grown-ups' will never change! Change never comes about willingly, it's either through war (which no one wants) or massive civil disruption, ya dig?

I disagree. Change should not be about war or massive disruption. Those should come as a result of a move to change things, it should be not the first thought. Most of the adults have knowledge of when things were better in that country and not they currently hold that country hostage as they are the parents. If the parents are unwilling to stand up for what is right, how can the children, whose idea of what is right, and what is wrong, is from what they have collected over the years from watching their parents be expected to do the RIGHT thing?

This war for Change is not to be on the shoulders of our youths, most of whom are fighting to know who they really are in this world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fg Bars Service Chiefs, Ministers, Others From Use Of Tinted Glasses / Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue / Sanwo-Olu Cautions Religious Leaders Against Incendiary Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.