Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,233 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country (7265 Views)

Excitement In Borno As Troops Reclaim Gudumbari / 90% Of Boko Haram Are Foreigners,northern Youths Rise Up And Protect Your Land / Youths Rise Up N Fight For Your Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:27pm On Oct 21, 2009
aisha2:

We were all inspired by Obama. There would have been no Obama today if Rev. King just kept praying or if Rev. King and co had not said enough is enough, enough complaining on the internet, If we are going to move forward we have to act. The leaders will not change, they like things just the way there are
Posakosa, this is not about Ribadau, its about us and our nation. Yes Dele Giwa , Fel and Gani are gone, but they gave a good account of themselves so much that a little girl like me from Jos can hear of dele Giwa, Gani and the rest. We owe it to ourselves to give a good account of our selves too. If they were quiet and just complained without acting, They may have lived longer lives but you would ot have known their names today

and since they've died what has changed in Nigeria ?
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by proudly9ja(m): 1:27pm On Oct 21, 2009
Aisha God bless you and yours.

I agree, we must start peacefully and for those who are saying peaceful marches won't work in Nigeria, I tire for una. How can you condemn a thing before even doing it? Is this the way we face challenges in our personal lives?

For your information, I read that a church organised a peaceful march some days back to Alausa protesting against the power issue. It can be done!
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by otukpo(f): 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2009
True talk from Prof.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:29pm On Oct 21, 2009
proudly9ja:

Aisha God bless you and yours.

I agree, we must start peacefully and for those who are saying peaceful marches won't work in Nigeria, I tire for una. How can you condemn a thing before even doing it? Is this the way we face challenges in our personal lives?

For your information, I read that a church organised a peaceful march some days back to Alausa protesting against the power issue. It can be done!

and after the protest there was light ?
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Rosabelle(f): 1:29pm On Oct 21, 2009
aisha2:

We were all inspired by Obama. There would have been no Obama today if Rev. King just kept praying or if Rev. King and co had not said enough is enough, enough complaining on the internet, If we are going to move forward we have to act. The leaders will not change, they like things just the way there are
Posakosa, this is not about Ribadau, its about us and our nation.
Aisha. In this life, you will hear of me. And when you do, you will remember you read me on NL. And I hope you will come join in. May the Lord bless you.
There has to be a fire behind us that doesnt go out after the first attempt.
Because like Mr Posakosa said, people wont sit down and watch. They however will not shoot either, cos those days are gone and the Lord has given us victory.
When I have pulled people and resources and the time is right, we will march!
I will live in that Nigeria where people are praised for their honesty and not their crookery. That Nigeria is my own too. Not only my children will experience it.
Amen!
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2009
Yes I do and i have been part of so many protests walks and i will do it again and agian. I work evryday to make a better country, if i fail at leats i treid but i will be damned if i just sit quietly and just complain and let my nephews grow up in a crazy and immoral society
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by proudly9ja(m): 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2009
Our anthem says 'the labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain'

and I say a big Amen to that. The millions that died to keep us together during the civil war, those that fought and died to chase the military juntas away, those who have in one way or the other, fought against injustice and are no more, by the Grace of God, your labours shall not be in vain.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:31pm On Oct 21, 2009
You are all young and naive. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Bless your hearts.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 21, 2009
Rosabelle:

Aisha. In this life, you will hear of me. And when you do, you will remember you read me on NL. And I hope you will come join in. May the Lord bless you.
There has to be a fire behind us that doesnt go out after the first attempt.
Because like Mr Posakosa said, people wont sit down and watch. They however will not shoot either, cos those days are gone and the Lord has given us victory.
When I have pulled people and resources and the time is right, we will march!
I will live in that Nigeria where people are praised for their honesty and not their crookery. That Nigeria is my own too. Not only my children will experience it.
Amen!
proudly9ja:

Our anthem says 'the labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain'

and I say a big Amen to that. The millions that died to keep us together during the civil war, those that fought and died to chase the military juntas away, those who have in one way or the other, fought against injustice and are no more, by the Grace of God, your labours shall not be in vain.
They will hear of us all.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Utaroz(m): 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2009
The era of nationalist fervor and patriotism has gone, maybe for good. Most youth of today are disillisioned, others disinterested. History has also imposed a Who wan Die mentality in our psyche.  sad

Achebe of all people should know that They Have Put a Knife in The Thing that held Us Together & We have Fallen Apart!

Even the ethnic & religious squabbles here on NL is self evident of the lack of cohesion amongst the youths. embarassed cry
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

You are all young and naive. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Bless your hearts.
We are not young and we are not naive, you are jus a coward, Anyway, sit and watch, we need people like you to document for histroy while peole like us make history
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Rosabelle(f): 1:35pm On Oct 21, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

and after the protest there was light ?
The black man in america didnt get his rights handed down to him after the first march. They march unceasingly. And things are not expected to be better in Nigeria after the first year of protest marches.
But a people would have risen up to say : ENOUGH! And that is what counts. That our voices be heard.

Voices like yours have long since drowned  out the voices of people who decide to move. With your negativity, you try to hinder a moving forward of any kind. At least be quiet for those who have courage and are ready to stop complaining. Dont block their paths with your fear and cowardice!
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by proudly9ja(m): 1:36pm On Oct 21, 2009
@posakosa1

I understand your stance. Nigerian corrupt leaders have driven us Nigerians to the point that we do not even believe in ourselves anymore. It is a sad situation we have found ourselves and I really do not blame people like posakosa1, my only advice is, this line of thinking is the way those idiots want us to take. But we must refuse it. No matter how many times we fail, we must always rise again to try and try and try again.

Remember, it is the same Nigerians who protested and drove away the military up to this time where it is no more fashionable to have military governments in Nigeria. I know that if this was like some 20 years ago and civilians were behaving this way, some military man would have taken over but Nigerians stood up and said enough is enough. We lost many on the streets on Lagos and the likes but today, we have democracy.

These same Nigerians MUST rise up again and reclaim our land back from the charlatans in Government and like we drove away the military, we must drive away the thieves and wolves in our midst and there is no better time than NOW!
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 21, 2009
Rosabelle:

The black man in america didnt get his rights handed down to him after the first march. They march unceasingly. And things are not expected to be better in Nigeria after the first year of protest marches.
But a people would have risen up to say : ENOUGH! And that is what counts. That our voices be heard.

Voices like yours have long since drowned  out the voices of people who decide to move. With your negativity, you try to hinder a moving forward of any kind. At least be quiet for those who have courage and are ready to stop complaining. Dont block their paths with your fear and cowardice!
Blesses are you among women
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:37pm On Oct 21, 2009
aisha2:

We are not young and we are not naive, you are jus a coward, Anyway, sit and watch, we need people like you to document for histroy while peole like us make history

I have in no way insulted you. So make your points and valid arguments and refrain from insults.

Once again, I think that NUZO has said it all. RE-READ his post. HE KNOWS NIGERIA/NIGERIANS and I will repeat:

POSAKOSA1:

You are all young and naive.   cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Bless your hearts.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Rosabelle(f): 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2009
Utaroz:

The era of nationalist fervor and patriotism has gone, maybe for good. Most youth of today are disillisioned, others disinterested. History has also imposed a Who wan Die mentality in our psyche.  sad

Achebe of all people should know that They Have Put a Knife in The Thing that held Us Together & We have Fallen Apart!
Even the ethnic & religious squabbles here on NL is self evident of the lack of cohesion amongst the youths. embarassed cry
And the challenge is OURS to erase that "who wan die" mentality.
I take it as MY personal duty. Cos that mentality is exactly that "knife" they put in what held us together.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2009
To aish and co: In which areas do you expect to change Nigeria.

I once HEARD a Nigerian American who started some USELESS NONPROFIT SAY NIGERIANS are NOT ENTREPRENEURIAL and HER NONPROFIT will TEACH Nigerians to be entrepreneurs,  I wanted to DIE IN CHINENSE, <HAHAHAHAHHAHA> YOU can ONLY FOOL a white man with that BULLSHIT.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2009
I can COUNT how many Nigerians ABROAD who have GONE BACK to NIGERIA to CHANGE Nigeria and they HAVE JOINED THEM or have become useless entities, <hahaha> you can't KNOW until you've been there,
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2009
A notable and well publicized one was the fraud called "Lightupnigeria" initiated by some mischievious greedy bastards. They made us believe it was a protest against the poor power supply in Nigeria only for us to find out it was a musical event to enrich their pockets.

So, I will advise the graceful[i] Achebe not to bank his hopes on Nigerian youths as they even worst than his generation.[/i]
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by SapeleGuy: 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2009
kosovo:

@SapeleGuy Honestly, you talk too much,
I do not care if it's south-south, east-west , west south, north-north or wat eva
that's our major problem, Tribalism,
let anyone who is capable of resurrecting the dreams of our founding fathers hold the position, or Nigeria will remain doomed! angry

Do you really know what this dream is? or are you also playing to the gallery?
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

To aish and co: In which areas do you expect to change Nigeria.

I
To answer you.
1. By standing up and saying No to bad Governance
2. Education: By getting as many kids as i can educated. We currntly have 420 children on schoolarship in differen levels of education
3. Fighting Poverty: Empowering widows and single mother in small scale enterprises.
We have left you far behind if you think we are just young and naive think again, we are in serious business of making his country work. Laugh all you want, it wont stop us. Even if we fail, we know we have done our very best, but you, unfortunatley will go down as someone never to be remembered. Stop calling Gani, he will be so ashamed of you. Gani said hs worse disappointment were people like you who kept quiet in the face of injustice and justifid your fear
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:58pm On Oct 21, 2009
aisha2:

To answer you.
2. Education: By getting as many kids as i can educated. We currntly have 420 children on schoolarship in differen levels of education
3. Fighting Poverty: Empowering widows and single mother in small scale enterprises.
We have left you far behind if you think we are just young and naive think again, we are in serious business of making his country work. Laugh all you want, it wont stop us. Even if we fail, we know we have done our very best, but you, unfortunatley will go down as someone never to be remembered. Stop calling Gani, he will be so ashamed of you. Gani said hs worse disappointment were people like you who kept quiet in the face of injustice and justifid your fear

How have you stood up to Bad Governance ?

and after these kids are educated ? WHERE WILL THEY FIND JOBS?

Poverty: small scale enterprises ? <hahahahah> how do these small scale enterprises deal with the rising costs of goods ? giving women loans does NOT make their enterprises sustainable ?

<People like me who kept quiet in the face of injustice> the notion of justice is absolutely relative, YOU ARE NAIVE. It is CLEAR.
and YOUR ANGRY VOICE WILL NEVER BE OF PURPOSE to anyone. KEEP ON DECEIVING YOURSELF.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:01pm On Oct 21, 2009
It seems that the BEST you can do is POST PICTURES OF SICK LOOKING CHILDREN to make yourself seem SELF Righteous. YOU ARE FUNNY GYAL. Are you looking for an AWARD ? Don't worry white men don't do what you do unless they are being recognized. NOW I KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT IN NIGERIA, YOU are a NONPROFIT whoredom who wants to seek out POOR PEOPLE SO AS TO EXPLOIT THEM.

The real HURTING PEOPLE, you have NOT YET HEARD THEIR VOICE. smiley

Give yourself MORE TIME BEFORE YOU START TOOTING YOUR HORN.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:03pm On Oct 21, 2009
Until you hear the voices of people who need real help in Nigeria, YOU WON'T BE HERE TOOTING YOUR OWN HORN.

When you have heard their voices, you will go on VACATION to a remote village and want to remain ANONYMOUS.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Rosabelle(f): 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

Poverty: small scale enterprises ? <hahahahah> how do these small scale enterprises deal with the rising costs of goods ? giving women loans does NOT make their enterprises sustainable ?
<People like me who kept quiet in the face of injustice> the notion of justice is absolutely relative, YOU ARE NAIVE. It is CLEAR.
and YOUR ANGRY VOICE WILL NEVER BE OF PURPOSE to anyone. KEEP ON DECEIVING YOURSELF.
I smile at the fear I hear in your voice, for, you are a man obviously branded by shortsightedness.
So those children . . .because YOU think they wont get jobs in the future (25yrs from now), you think TODAY, we should not educate them?
And those rising costs you spoke of . , .does it mean to fold our arms and tell those market women theres no point giving them loans as they wouldnt beable to cope with the costs anyhow?
Is that your solution? To fold our arms and rant?  smiley
I feel for you. I feel for you because you are a man with eyes who is REFUSING to use them. Your choice.

@Aisha . . . .stop. Dont talk again. You dont have to answer. You either know it, or you dont. So shun the scoffers my dear!
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2009
Rosabelle:

I smile at the fear I hear in your voice, for, you are a man obviously branded by shortsightedness.
So those children . . .because YOU think they wont get jobs in the future (25yrs from now), you think TODAY, we should not educate them?
And those rising costs you spoke of . , .does it mean to fold our arms and tell those market women theres no point giving them loans as they wouldnt beable to cope with the costs anyhow?
Is that your solution? To fold our arms and rant?  smiley
I feel for you. I feel for you because you are a man with eyes who is REFUSING to use them. Your choice.

@Aisha . . . .stop. Dont talk again. You dont have to answer. You either know it, or you dont. So shun the scoffers my dear!

25 years from NOW, YOU SHOULD ASK THE BRILLIANT AND JOBLESS NIGERIAN MEN and WOMEN currently ROAMING AROUND THE STREETS. They will tell you. People like you said the same thing 25 years ago.

Nigeria has too MANY STAKEHOLDERS, UNTIL YOU GET THE GRASP OF THIS, YOU STUPIDITY WILL REMAIN AT THE MAXIMUM.

Ever heard the phrase "prayer wey no fit pass ceiling" hahahaha
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 21, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

I should not even glorify your saddism with a esponse but i have to burst your delusional bubble. I gave an example of one of the girls we put through school who visited me yesterday and wrote a cheque for two kids to go to school, its called pass it on. Without education she might not have had a fighting chance but now she emloys people. Secondly, we have had huge success rates in small scale businesses, 90% success, most of the women know they have to succed because the life of thier kids depends on their success, so we have high rates of success and these women who take loans are required to fund the businesses of other women much late and they do, 85% of the time, its called pay it forward.mr. man, we have gone beyond your small time thinking. Dont bother to reply because we are obviously at different intellectual wave lenghts. If doing what i do means am young and naive then i love being young and naive pays better than being old and cowardly
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by citizenY(m): 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2009
@ POSAKOSA1

With all due respect, if you do not want to identify with the ideals of these guys, I suggest you
stay aside and watch. It serves no purpose staying outside the main arena in the comfort of what
others have created and asking them not to fight for a better society. It is more honourable, I tell you.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 21, 2009
aisha2:

To answer you.

aisha 2  kiss kiss kiss kiss  Bravo  smiley
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2009
aisha2:

I should not even glorify your saddism with a esponse but i have to burst your delusional bubble. I gave an example of one of the girls we put through school who visited me yesterday and wrote a cheque for two kids to go to school, its called pass it on. Without education she might not have had a fighting chance but now she emloys people. Secondly, we have had huge success rates in small scale businesses, 90% success, most of the women know they have to succed because the life of thier kids depends on their success, so we have high rates of success and these women who take loans are required to fund the businesses of other women much late and they do, 85% of the time, its called pay it forward.mr. man, we have gone beyond your small time thinking. Dont bother to reply because we are obviously at different intellectual wave lenghts. If doing what i do means am young and naive then i love being young and naive pays better than being old and cowardly

I know NON PROFITs like the back of my palm. YOU ONLY RECORD NUMBERS YOU WANT TO SEE. So keep your 85% and 90% to a minimusm

You are very STUPID, young and NAIVE. Nigeria's problem requires a WISE and STRATEGIC Solution. STOP trying to make yourself feel better for nothing.  Writing checks for people is now cause of announcement. <hahaha>  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided How much did you give them ? 500 naira.

Too many people are suffering. OPEN YOUR EYES.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:14pm On Oct 21, 2009
citizenY:

@ POSAKOSA1

With all due respect, if you do not want to identify with the ideals of these guys, I suggest you
stay aside and watch. It serves no purpose staying outside the main arena in the comfort of what
others have created and asking them not to fight for a better society. It is more honourable, I tell you.

IMO, people who are TOO EMOTIONAL ABOUT NIGERIAN'S PROBLEM. CAN'T HELP THE NATION.  

Nigeria has TOO MANY STAKEHOLDERS,  You can keep illusioning yourself by writing 500 naira checks.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2009
If I was to hire a "agent of change" I would pick someone like a NUZO over someone like an Aisha,  Emotional twats can't do much. They get stuck in RUBBISH.

like [b]announcing [/b]that they gave a POOR CHILD Money for school fees and money for food, I die. <hahaha> embarassed embarassed embarassed
I don't see how its cause for announcement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tonye Cole Dropped As Minister / Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice / Security Tightened At APC Secretariat In Kogi As Police Mount Roadblocks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.