Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country (7262 Views)

Excitement In Borno As Troops Reclaim Gudumbari / 90% Of Boko Haram Are Foreigners,northern Youths Rise Up And Protect Your Land / Youths Rise Up N Fight For Your Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Rosabelle(f): 10:23am On Oct 22, 2009
Kobojunkie:

@Rosabelle, I read @posakosa's posts and yours.
@Posakosa is NOT The one who claimed our government was working for America and the dutch. @Posakosa, is not the one who claimed most of the companies in Nigeria, companies that control about 98% of the country's revenue, were controllled by the WEST. You claimed the country is the way it is because it is to the interest of the west. You made those claims. So, why are you now telling me @Posakosa had a hand in it?
He didnt have a hand in it Mr Man. I was replying to his claims that the big stakeholders wont let us stand up for our right. He kept claiming the big stakeholders wont sit down if we protest. Thats what I was replying to.
And I repeat, NON OF MY POSTS CLAIM THE WEST IS RESPONSIBLE FOR OUR PROBLEMS.
I squarely blamed our government for NOT WORKIGN FOR ITS CITIZINS.

Im noting a tendency to lie in your comments. Now you imply I said posakosa1 had 'a hand' in my comments when what I said (as all can see) is that I was replying to him.
Please STOP LYING!
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Kobojunkie: 10:35am On Oct 22, 2009
I am glad I have your posts on the next page for you to read. The claims you made are quite clear. I read the piece he typed about stakeholders, and I know for a fact that it is not farfetched to believe that there will be some form of push back from the other side.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by ochukoccna: 11:18am On Oct 22, 2009
asunaobi:

If I have my way I will go far beyond taxing the churches. I will hand over churches to states and stop individuals or companies from owning churches. My reason being, so that when people like Aloy-Emeka go and pay their 10% tithe to God, the money will go to that state and will be used indirectly to build central sewage system, refuse recycling plant, construct and maintain roads, maintain security, train local manpower for on going maintenance of state projects etc. And my brother Aloy can then kneel down and pray to God and say! THANK YOU GOD FOR ANSWERING ALL MY PRAYERS, MY 10% TITHE IS REALLY WORKING.
Aloy~Emeka:

Are you related to Kim Jon IL?
No I believe he's related to Hitler  grin

[size=18pt]On a more serious note, the above rationalization for asunaobi's post i.e. on tithing or not will be better suited for the religious section of Nairaland. Yet one most not be blind to the fact that there are to many charlatans masquerading as 'men of God' in 9ja and that the Christians who worship there do so willingly seeing they have itchy ears that cringe @ sound doctrine and need 'men of God' who will validate their lifestyles which are contrary to God's Word. Do a biblical check and see how many 'men of God' brought revival to Israel before Christ came? Just one John the Baptist. Yet with all the men of God 9ja has, we keep sliding down developmental human indexes. What a shame. Though they are enough true ones who don't call a spade an agricultural implement[/size]
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 22, 2009
All Nigerians both at home and in diaspora are kindly invited to join Organised Labour and Civil Society Groups to march down on the National Assembly to demand for the full implemantation of the Justice Uwais electoral rReform Committee Report among other pressing matters of national interest.This is an opportunity to match words with real action.Come out ,invite your friends,family and relatives to come out and march peacefully for the enthronement of sustainable and enduring democracy anchored on the letters and spirit of good governance, integrity and electoral reforms.
Date:THURSDAY,29TH OCTOBER,2009
TIME:7.00 AM
TAKE OFF VENUE:BERGER JUNCTION ABUJA.
COME OUT FOR NIGERIA COME OUT FOR TRUE DEMOCRACY
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Kobojunkie: 11:25am On Oct 22, 2009
Another Match?
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 22, 2009
Fraud!
The organizers of the protest will be bribed on or before 29th.
Next we are going to be hearing is that its a musical event.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 22, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Another Match?
And so they asked Rev. Martin Luther, 100s of marches and 40 years after, his dream is a reality. Lets all just crumble everyday on Nairaland, no more march
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Kobojunkie: 11:42am On Oct 22, 2009
aisha2:

And so they asked Rev. Martin Luther, 100s of marches and 40 years after, his dream is a reality. Lets all just crumble everyday on Nairaland, no more march

LoL . . . . If you bothered to check your facts, you would have learnt that Rev. Martin Luther did more than just call for people to match. He actually got people to sign petitions, call up their reps on votes, got legal help to help use the law against those he fought against etc.

Do you realize how many matches we have had in the country this year alone? I mean in different areas, yet not a lot of news/feedback afterwards.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by 9ja4eva: 11:54am On Oct 22, 2009

asunaobi (m)
South Pole Military Base

Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country
« #180 on: Today at 01:09:26 AM »
Quote from: 9ja4eva on Yesterday at 09:30:07 PM
Rosabelle (f) Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country
« #19 on: Today at 01:05:19 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The solution for Nigeria is for the churches to be taxed. Every garrage is now a church where people are being promised miracles from God. Its is all a lie. It is the biggest deception and greatest scam in Nigeria. The church!
Tax these churches and you'l see how they'l reduce.

People are being decieved into thinking they can pray and nigeria will be better. It is a lie.
The less churches we have and the less religious we are, the clearer people will think. If you reduce the churches, people will start to ask questions from their government and not from God. They will go to their local government charimans house to ask why they dont have NEPA instead of going to 5pm mass and 7pm prayer meeting. (You can pray in your house with your family you know).
They will stop praying that a messiah be sent down to erradicate corruption. The corruption they themselves are only too happy to encourage.

Prayer without action is nothing.

A good 75% of those churches are visited by the people in power and the pastors dont make the leaders responsible for their actions. And this only happens because everyone has been bribed into silence.
I am a great believer. I am a christian. But the churches in Nigeria are too many. Too many.

If the church joined in in the education of the masses, if the church encouraged the people to go out to the streets and talk until they are heard, if the churches would encourage its members to create a revolution of dialogue in their various fields of work, Nigeria will be better.
But with the way the church of today abuses its hold on the people by making them believe the more they put down for offering and the more they come to church, the more they shall be blessed . . . . . well then, Nigeria is in for it.

TRUE TALK.

Nigeria go ever move forward so?Instead of the youths on this board to take Achebe's message as a call to action dem dey blame Ribadu here n dere

2011 we all have to vote for a credible leader and protect our votes.We should start the campaign of " SAY NO TO PDP.
If we all come together to do the right thing we will positively push PDP out of power.Lets GET TO WORK.

Damn right! VERY BIG THANK YOU FOR THE PERSON WHO EVER THOUGHT OF IT BEFORE THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS WEB SITE. NOW WELL CULTURED, DECENT AND VERY CRITICAL THINKING NIGERIANS CAN COMMUNICATE AND SHARE IDEAS. TO ME, THIS IS IT! THE BEGINNING OF THE CHANGE WE ARE ALL HOPING FOR.

To Chinua Achebe, thank you so much for your suggestion Sir, there are some element of truth in what you said but I dont think personally that that can work right now. Nigerian youths lack the cohesiveness in other to make that work. We have been totally disoriented by tribal sentiments and religious brain wash. What Ghana is enjoying today was not started by Ghanaian youths. It was done by one single good individual who saw the opportunity, took it, used it very well and laid the strong foundation upon which Ghana is building its strong economic house today. WELL DONE! JERRY RAWLINGS.

Thats the spirit.Nigerian youths really lack cohesiveness.Nigerian Youths need to get their acts together if any sort of change is to happen.People should register to vote in 2011 and in our own little way start spreading the word to others to vote for Change.SAY NO TO PDP.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 22, 2009
9ja4eva:

Thats the spirit.Nigerian youths really lack cohesiveness.Nigerian Youths need to get their acts together if any sort of change is to happen.People should register to vote in 2011 and in our own little way start spreading the word to others to vote for Change.SAY NO TO PDP.

And say yes to who?
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by 9ja4eva: 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2009
nuzo:

And say yes to who?

We have other credible people running.PDP is just bad news for Nigeria.

AC dey,Pat Utomi dey run.I read in the papers that Nuhu Ribadu,El Rufai and some other people are forming a mega party.

We need to give way for others as since democracy came into power it has been PDP and no improvement.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Rosabelle(f): 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2009
Goodness knows. In Nigeria and in the world in general, there are two types of people.
1. Those who do the do : They see a problem and start working on how to fix it. They MOVE instead of grumbling and they solve problems as they encounter them. They Move. We have an example here, and her name is aisha2 . . . to name a few

2. Then you have the second group : In very simple terms, chaired on this thread by : Mr Kobojunkie and Mr Posakosa1. These type are multiplying around the world. They are the one's who stand in the way of the doers and tell them :"I say you cannot".
Then they go into looonnnnggggg throries of why you cannot. They exhaust you with their shortsightedness and weary reasoning. They go into theories and counter - theories. They jump to false conclusions and want to force them down your throat at all costs. They tell you, even before you have begun, why you will nto be sucessful.
And then when you the listener are tired and have finaly given into their persuasive arguements of why you should give up even before you start, they pounce on you and call you names for deciding to still hold on to your own logic. . . . .because they see they cant bring you down . . . inspite of their arguments.

It is the logic of a mad man. And there is no explanation for it.

Your high-sounding words and lying comments (oh yes YOU MR KOBOJUNKIE)  . . . . . .watch it.For your sanity and those you will come across in life.
Cos if youre like this on an online thread, then the people in your vicinity in real life have a lot to fear . ,   . . for their lives!
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2009
Rosabelle:

Goodness knows. In Nigeria and in the world in general, there are two types of people.
1. Those who do the do : They see a problem and start working on how to fix it. They MOVE instead of grumbling and they solve problems as they encounter them. They Move. We have an example here, and her name is aisha2 . . . to name a few

2. Then you have the second group : In very simple terms, chaired on this thread by : Mr Kobojunkie and Mr Posakosa1. These type are multiplying around the world. They are the one's who stand in the way of the doers and tell them :"I say you cannot".
Then they go into looonnnnggggg throries of why you cannot. They exhaust you with their shortsightedness and weary reasoning. They go into theories and counter - theories. They jump to false conclusions and want to force them down your throat at all costs. They tell you, even before you have begun, why you will nto be sucessful.
And then when you the listener are tired and have finaly given into their persuasive arguements of why you should give up even before you start, they pounce on you and call you names for deciding to still hold on to your own logic. . . . .because they see they cant bring you down . . . inspite of their arguments.

Your high-sounding words and lying comments (oh yes YOU MR KOBOJUNKIE)  . . . . . .watch it.For your sanity and those you will come across in life.
Cos if youre like this on an online thread, then the people in your vicinity in real life have a lot to fear . ,   . . for their lives!
You wan kill me with laugh. They have a ready response for you. With a lot of high sounding words, i assure you
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Rosabelle(f): 12:55pm On Oct 22, 2009
aisha2:

You wan kill me with laugh. They have a ready response for you. With a lot of high sounding words, i assure you
Ah lol smiley . . . I know now. Is it not this NL. lol
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2009
Rosabelle:

So of ALLLLL I wrote, the only thing you could pick out was that I was blaming the west? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Why didnt you insert Mr Posakosa1's comments BEFORE my reply to him? ? ? ?
[b]I was RESPONDING to what he wrote and you jumped into a conversation that had NOTHING to do wth what YOU were saying and then you now imply things that werent said undecided My response was to Posakosa1. And I was letting him know it doesnt matter how many stakeholders there are, it is our government we have to hold responsible, not the stakeholders![/b]Im sorry oh, but youre lost. Lost! sad

It is obvious that you CANNOT read.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:04pm On Oct 22, 2009
aisha2:

Aisha2, I don't think you understand the strategies used during the civil and pre-civil rights era. go back and re-read ur books. Then come back to post.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2009
Rosabelle:

People who are emotional about Nigeria's problems, cannot make meaning/impactful change.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2009
nuzo:

Fraud!
The organizers of the protest will be bribed on or before 29th.
Next we are going to be hearing is that its a musical event.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Aisha and co will be singing "We shall overcome" kiss kiss kiss kiss then Nigeria will magically transform.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Rosabelle(f): 1:42pm On Oct 22, 2009
ochukoccna:

No I believe he's related to Hitler  grin
On a more serious note, the above rationalization for asunaobi's post i.e. on tithing or not will be better suited for the religious section of Nairaland. Yet one most not be blind to the fact that there are to many charlatans masquerading as 'men of God' in 9ja and that the Christians who worship there do so willingly seeing they have itchy ears that cringe @ sound doctrine and need 'men of God' who will validate their lifestyles which are contrary to God's Word. Do a biblical check and see how many 'men of God' brought revival to Israel before Christ came? Just one John the Baptist. Yet with all the men of God 9ja has, we keep sliding down developmental human indexes. What a shame. Though they are enough true ones who don't call a spade an agricultural implement
Well about taxing the churches. For me, I raised it because Ive noticed Nigerians have developed a very lazy trend and mindset of "God de" and this belief came from economic poverty and has been encouraged and fanned into blossom by the churches . . . , offcourse for their own benefit.
I feel its a different art of 419.

I find the nation cannot move forward if you dont bring the people to understand they deserve better. People must generally be educated into understanding that they have the right to be handled as human beings.
This change we speak of cannot come if the people on the street dont understand what it is they ought to be fighting for. And hunger has soo beaten those people, they really just want to find the next meal.

We cannot be singing "praise the Lord" when NEPA comes. It shows the depth a man has been pushed to , when he doesnt even know a thing as simple as having electricity has nothing to do with whether or not you go to church or mosque.
Thats what I mean. The mass population also has to know it has a right to a voice. Not God de.
And you cant educate these people properly, if on sunday Father of Pastor says we should "pray all will be well with Nigeria"!
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2009
Rosabelle, I told you they will come for you. They are as predictable as the sun with thier empty words no action. LOL
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Rosabelle(f): 1:54pm On Oct 22, 2009
Ah. In this life . cheesy . . . .their type, ive met them plenty! lol
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2009
Young naive women coming to rant about how they wrote 500 naira checks.,, hehehehehehe cool cool cool cool
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 22, 2009
Rosabelle:

Ah. In this life . cheesy . . . .their type, ive met them plenty! lol
Seems am such a big hit with Pakosa that he follows me round nairaland oh. I don become celebrity oh. I wonder what his facsination is with 500 cheques?
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:18pm On Oct 22, 2009
aisha2:

Seems am such a big hit with Pakosa that he follows me round nairaland oh. I don become celebrity oh. I wonder what his facsination is with 500 cheques?

You UGLY thing, i've been on NL before you were born. So shut ur trash. Helping POOR people is now cause for annoucement, that only means you HAVE ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by proudly9ja(m): 2:20pm On Oct 22, 2009
@ Posakosa.

I think it is unfair that you sit and type on your computer deriding words against these people. If there's anything worse than doing nothing in the world today, it is laughing at other people's efforts. Even if their methods are wrong, don't you just think it is better you let them make their mistakes and learn from it rather than laugh at them?

If you have children or siblings and they make mistakes in school, is that how you will laugh at them? It is totally unfair to laugh at people's efforts. At best maybe you should present yours or not bother to post on the issue.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by proudly9ja(m): 2:21pm On Oct 22, 2009
aisha2 and rosabelle, Il advice you stop responding to him. (or her). It only brings you down to his level.
Its either of two things,

1. Either he has a bad experience from someone who owned an NGO or

2. He secretly admires you and finds it out to come out straight wink
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2009
^^^^^^^^^ Helping poor unfortunate children/people is NOT cause for announcement.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2009
proudly9ja:

2. He secretly admires you and finds it out to come out straight wink

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided <I HATE DUMB GIRLS> trust me. Anyone who LACKS LOGIC is not worth my time.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by proudly9ja(m): 2:27pm On Oct 22, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided <I HATE DUMB GIRLS> trust me. Anyone who LACKS LOGIC is not worth my time.

Prove it by not replying to any of her posts for at least 3 days!
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:30pm On Oct 22, 2009
proudly9ja:

Prove it by not replying to any of her posts for at least 3 days!

Hey dimwit, its a public forum I can respond to ANY POST I WANT OR DESIRE. Regardless of how dumb and stupid it is.
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by proudly9ja(m): 2:32pm On Oct 22, 2009
POSAKOSA1:

Hey dimwit, its a public forum I can respond to ANY POST I WANT OR DESIRE. Regardless of how dumb and stupid it is.
lol, ok, says a lot! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Achebe To Nigerian Youths: Rise And Reclaim Your Country by POSAKOSA1(m): 2:32pm On Oct 22, 2009
proudly9ja:

lol, ok, says a lot! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes dimwit and it should.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

No Money Misappropriated In 2016 Budget – Dogara / How Lagosians Celebrated Christmas In The Year 1923 (photos) / Osinbajo Says He Is Indebted To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.