Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

I Think I Am Getting Depressed: Help! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Think I Am Getting Depressed: Help! (1626 Views)

Am Lonely, Frustrated And Depressed!!! Help / Gay And Depressed. / I Am Getting Tired Of Looking For A Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I Am Getting Depressed: Help! by POSAKOSA1(m): 4:50pm On Oct 22, 2009
If you are 30 and still single, my other advice, dont' date Nigerian. At this age, they will only see you as a desperate meat. grin
Re: I Think I Am Getting Depressed: Help! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 22, 2009
temiade, u cant it ve it all. stick to ur career and Hawaii and 4get about husband.
se o fe je meji ni aba alade ni?
Re: I Think I Am Getting Depressed: Help! by AGISONLINE: 7:21pm On Oct 22, 2009
the best way to advice you is to go for advicing website like.

www . agis . webs . com (New website)
Re: I Think I Am Getting Depressed: Help! by facibabe(f): 7:38pm On Oct 22, 2009
temiade am advicing you as a relative. it is better to have a broken relationship than a broken marriage. mariage is not some thing you jump into and also note that money without happiness is zero. now if you can answer all this question then you will know where you belong.

1. what kind of man are you looking for
2. what do you intend to find in that man
3. Are you OK with his behavior
4. have you tried to test him by starting a fake quarrel with him to know his inner feeling
5. do you know his background very well
6. have u tried to ask your parent why they want you to marry a naija guy because they might have a good reason
7. what do u think a man can do to make you happy (has he done that to you)
8. when ever you are discussing does he use the word OUR (meaning the two of you either talking about future)
9. is he always conern about your well being
10. have you try to put it in prayer

if you can answer all these, you will get a solution to your problem.
for further advice contact me on mail ( adezcom24us2001@yahoo.com )
Re: I Think I Am Getting Depressed: Help! by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 22, 2009
@ Poster, please be careful what you invite into your life. Obviously you're very vulnerable now, and it's a prime time for people to prey on you. As much as you'd like to please your family, you have to come first. Be happy in the relationship you're in and the success you've achieved, it's all blessings from God. Worry less about the race of the individual, because at the end of the day it's a rare thing to find a guy who you can relax and care for and who feels the same way about you, Goodluck!
Re: I Think I Am Getting Depressed: Help! by topup: 10:53pm On Oct 25, 2009
You're definitely not alone, there will always be pressure especially for those of us with strong African heritage, parents never let go on 'rearing' the child until the grandchildren have been born, and even afterwards they continue to stick their noses into your affairs, this is just the way most traditional cultures operate.

You're young, even though you don't feel like it, you're educated, and if you're a wonderful person to be around then you'll have no problem.

If you prefer Nigerian men, I'm sure you can attend Nigerian events, even if you can't make them all, you can attend those you are able to attend, and then you can network, maybe the people you meet aren't suitable, but they will most likely know some other people, who will know some other people and so forth.

It depends on your priorities, if you're not willing to compromise on your career and lifestyle, I guess you can always continue with your current choices, after all you are very open minded which is a great bonus.

I think you just need to up your networking skills, if you know any Nigerians you can ask to meet up with them and get to know some of their friends, the possibilties are endless, and never feel like you're running out of time, as of course, everything should happen in God's time, and if this is your desire, you just need to keep pestering God and paying attention to what you hear from him so that you can know what steps to take.

If your current boyfriend is the one for you, I am sure that the wisdom God has given you will clarify this, and if you have to continue searching it will be okay also. You have given yourself a deadline for marriage, but I believe you should just sort out your priorities, like I said before, blessings come in God's time, not ours, so maybe you'll end up meeting someone and won't have to date them for 3-4 years to know that they are right for you.

Lastly, stay true to yourself, really think if you are thinking about this for you, or because of the pressure you are getting, after all there's nothing worse than forcing something that doesn't come natural.

All the best
& God Bless.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Men Romantic? In Marriage / Would You Date Your Friend's Parent? / Why Most Ladies Fall Inlove With Wrong Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.