Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? (84904 Views)

How To Block Incoming Call Without Notifying The Caller / How To Make The Receiver Pay For All Your Calls,on Any Network In Nigeria. / Nigerians And Kenyans: Who Pays More For Data Services? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by dfrost: 2:05pm On Dec 10, 2016
cheesy grin

Seriously we have taken stinginess and 9ja mentality of CMB to whatsapp too? Na wa ooo. Even if its free, 9ja go always fall hand. cheesy
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 26, 2018
Lagusta:
I believe the question of "who pays more" depends on the network provider, network strength, and the download/upload rate.....

But why are you all worried about who pays more? I once made a WhatsApp call for about 1hr20mins and only about 20mb was deducted.....

So what's all the fuss about??
With which network and what destination?
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Lagusta(m): 11:28pm On Mar 26, 2018
asuustrike2009:

With which network and what destination?

etisalat

does the destination matter?
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 27, 2018
Lagusta:

etisalat

does the destination matter?
The reason fora that is because it very rare to see service providers charge less for long calls. The destination is important especially if it is international call
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Fublizz: 11:51am On Nov 10, 2019
mikool007:
Both parties are billed nd so far its a grl don't bother ur self, evn if dey r dying dey will still flash

������������
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by mikool007(m): 3:19pm On Nov 10, 2019
Fublizz:

������������
informative
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Youngpo413: 7:49am On Jun 03, 2022
Who pays more? lalasticlala.
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Ijaya123: 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2022
Both parties. The caller and the receiver since both use data.
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Brainjotting: 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2022
I think it's the caller because if he receiver doesn't have data he or she won't receive the call but it will go from the caller.

I write business plans/proposals for people at affordable price
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by iCauseTrouble: 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2022
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by bobo65(m): 2:48pm On Jun 03, 2022
Since 2016

Hah

7 Likes

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by thundafire: 2:48pm On Jun 03, 2022
The caller is charged higher than the receiver
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Ballzproblemm: 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2022
thread from 2016 make am to front page , don't give up your time is coming cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by vickydevoka(m): 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2022
Nbote:
My broda no think am ooo. U'll send some gals airtime and they'll still flash or ask u to call back to thank you. And ironically if u owe her and eventually dash her money, she'll still ask of d money u owe even if d one u dash her na like 50k and wat u owe her na 5k.
Bcus u are poor. Bro if u get money, get better ride. You no go spend one naira for woman. Just de promise am de go. Make am believe say en de buh e no dey now. D get fish brain
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by UselessBuhari: 2:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
It depends on the rate of the service provider, if they both use the same Telecom service, then it's the same because the data consumption will be the same
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Antoeni(m): 2:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
I No dey Reason am
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by MrCover: 2:51pm On Jun 03, 2022
Both People Na
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Dialpad: 2:51pm On Jun 03, 2022
This is a 2016 thread !!!!
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Lionnation: 2:51pm On Jun 03, 2022
Olodo people nobody charges you for whatsapp call Al internate call, it only consume your data as normal
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by TheGift: 2:53pm On Jun 03, 2022
….
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Bamzyriches451: 2:54pm On Jun 03, 2022
Lol
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Lazyreporta(m): 2:55pm On Jun 03, 2022

Oh I see. In that case I don't know who pays more

The caller pays more but the difference is 3kb

I just tested it twice now, 3kb was the difference....
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by BeegBeem: 2:56pm On Jun 03, 2022
Nbote:
My broda no think am ooo. U'll send some gals airtime and they'll still flash or ask u to call back to thank you. And ironically if u owe her and eventually dash her money, she'll still ask of d money u owe even if d one u dash her na like 50k and wat u owe her na 5k.

borrowing is different from giving

1 Like

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Funflipper: 2:56pm On Jun 03, 2022
Whatsapp call is 100% free.
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Onyeziokwu(m): 2:56pm On Jun 03, 2022
nitt:
never knew the charges are on both caller and receiver.

Interesting!!

Are you kidding me?

Well the simple thing to do is this: turn off your data and ask a friend to ring you on WhatsApp. If this friend does, what's the result? And then compare with when you've got your data on too!

Your doubt cleared I reckon!

2 Likes

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Chizzyjforce: 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2022
Many things apply
Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by lafiagi007: 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2022
WhatsApp call uses voice over ip VoIP, it's just like you're browsing the web but this time around you're transmitting audio instead or normal text. Both the caller and reciever ate charged for the data they transmit.

2 Likes

Re: Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? by Aboguede(m): 2:57pm On Jun 03, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Innjoo Fire Plus And Halo official discussion thread / WhatsApp To Stop Working On 43 Smartphone Models From November (Full List) / 7 SIM Cards Can Be Linked To One NIN - Pantami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.