Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,993 members, 7,835,332 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (1008) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3590732 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) ... (3322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 10:38am On Dec 15, 2019
Someone on NP said
The first step is to buy, because you can't sell if you don't buy

Hence, buying is of much importance as selling.

Now on selling....

Regarding outbound, well, we have to deal with the no-reply frustration, we went knocking at their door, it's left for them to either open it or not. The ishhh is we Nigerians our pocket is suitable for Geos, and i bet even if i had a bigger pocket, i would still settle for Geos, at least for the first few years.
(There are brandables opportunity, more on that)
And the easiest way to sell a geo is outbound, in fact we can say it's the only way. Hence, u keep on outboundin no matter what, else ur domains will die with u.
See ooo, these oyinbos are trying, i mean how many of us usually open a cold email to read? Talk more of attempting a purchase. I bet if a typical Nigerian is in NEED of a shoe and he receives a random email that he can get it for just 1000naira, he Will never take that email seriously talkmore of purchasing no matter how cheap it is. So, kudos to those oyinbo buyers.

So since we can deduct the easiest way to sell geo is outbound, then what you will do is strategize your outbounding...

The few strategies i know are: (the gurus can add to it)

* First, in order to sell, u have to buy what to sell. In this context I'm saying, buy a good domain with high number of end users. Personally i consider nothing less than 20 users

* Make your letter as soon as possible (I'll appreciate if people do not ask for my sales letter grin Oga iykepromotions has dropped it several times)

* Use a good subject, it could be d keywords of the Domain, or simply NOTIFICATION.

*try as much to target the decision maker in the company, if u can't, or if it will consume your time, settle for the regular emails you meet.

* check the current time in the city b4 sending emails to them. I target from 9am to 1pm of the cities time. It gives a faster response, or at least there is high chance ur email would be seen at that time.

* Use realistic price. Yes! Some can argue that we are underpricing our domains in this thread. But in most cenario u barely see someone following up with a higher price to make a sale, u follow up with a price slash and land a sale. Hence as far as your ROI is good (which in most cases it is) then u can sell for reduced price.
I repeat use realistic price.
Like oga iykepromotions use to say, u can rather target $1k with multiple sales than waiting to get $1k with one sale, this could mean you will never see a sale, especially with the type of domains we buy here.

* Always follow up, sometimes with a reduced price, sometimes without! Follow up after 3-5 business days

* If u are replied with not interested, reduce the price and offer the person again, or tell him to make offer, sometimes that land in a sale, most times they don't reply again, so u move on

*Don't depend too much on those that will say they will get back to u, continue looking for other buyers, at the same time following up to that person

*Reply emails as fast as u can, this shows some professionallism.

* Use a consistent name, throughout your outbound, follow up, and dat same name should appear in your Dan account. Or atleast get a company name to use.

*Have a nice but not too long signature.

I'll stop here. You can criticise,make corrections and the gurus can add.

Peace.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 10:39am On Dec 15, 2019
lollybizzu:
Gm house

I tried registering two domains on 123reg but it's not going through. They keep telling me this. What could be wrong.
Use PayPal
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by lollybizzu(m): 10:42am On Dec 15, 2019
ikhalyfah:

Use PayPal

I've tried that too. The thing just Taya me I swear.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 10:46am On Dec 15, 2019
Another cheap method Nigerians can dive into is brandables.
All it needs is CREATIVITY, CREATIVITY, CREATIVITY and Patience.

I have nothing to say on brandables but one thing for sure is it takes far much time to sell than Geos. But again, it brings much more money in a single sale. Nonetheless, if say, u sell a brandable for net profit of $1k in 6months, within that 6months u could sell geos worth over $1.5k. So u see, all in all Geos should be a primary target. At least for our pocket.!

WHAT IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT IN SELLING IS PRAYERS! PRAY TO GOD TO BLESS YOU WITH THAT SALE! IF HE DOESN'T BLESS YOU, IF YOU LIKE HOLD ALL THE BEST DOMAINS YOU WILL STILL NOT SELL IT. grin

May God bless us with many many more sales

Peace

26 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 10:46am On Dec 15, 2019
Good. Helpful tips

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 15, 2019
What's the cheapest register at the moment for (.com)
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 10:53am On Dec 15, 2019
khristology:
What's the cheapest register at the moment for (.com)
check a page or two back, u will see
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 10:54am On Dec 15, 2019
Is Price of 400$ BIN too overwhelming?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 10:58am On Dec 15, 2019
ThisisIkemefuna:
Is Price of 400$ BIN too overwhelming?
U can take it as a start, but don't hesitate to reduce price when following up. It could be due to price that's y u didn't sell.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 11:00am On Dec 15, 2019
I'm emphasizing on price because i believe most of us here can testify high price hindered their early sale.
Some of the endusers are shy to tell u ur price is high...

One of the Domains i sold, dude didn't tell me he will pay so so amount for it,
He was just like, "I'm not interested because your price is unrealistic" na just 400$ ooo grin

I said he should quote best offer, he quoted, i countered just small, 25$ grin
He accept and it was a sale.

So watch your price

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 11:01am On Dec 15, 2019
ikhalyfah:

U can take it as a start, but don't hesitate to reduce price when following up. It could be due to price that's y u didn't sell.

Thanks for everything

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 11:06am On Dec 15, 2019
ikhalyfah:
I'm emphasizing on price because i believe most of us here can testify high price hindered their early sale.
Some of the endusers are shy to tell u ur price is high...

One of the Domains i sold, dude didn't tell me he will pay so so amount for it,
He was just like, "I'm not interested because your price is unrealistic" na just 400$ ooo grin

I said he should quote best offer, he quoted, i countered just small, 25$ grin
He accept and it was a sale.

So watch your price

$25 chai how much go con be my gain after GoDaddy tithes
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 11:09am On Dec 15, 2019
ThisisIkemefuna:

$25 chai how much go con be my gain after GoDaddy tithes
No, i mean, i added 25$ to wat he quoted

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Geofavor(m): 11:24am On Dec 15, 2019
Josmila:
A series of explosions at a chemical plant in Texas has forced thousands of people to evacuate their homes. Sending outbound mails to end users in that state will be counterproductive for now.

@Everyone

Has this had any effect so far?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by James39: 11:33am On Dec 15, 2019
Mayoorcity:

Have you tried out epik landers?
okay but how do I access the landers.

I have account and domain there.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by QueenRebecca(f): 11:35am On Dec 15, 2019
ikhalyfah:

See ooo, these oyinbos are trying, i mean how many of us usually open a cold email to read

Even ordinary PM from fellow domainer on here, some will not reply.

12 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by pwetie: 11:37am On Dec 15, 2019
ikhalyfah:
Someone on NP said
The first step is to buy, because you can't sell if you don't buy

Hence, buying is of much importance as selling.

Now on selling....

Regarding outbound, well, we have to deal with the no-reply frustration, we went knocking at their door, it's left for them to either open it or not. The ishhh is we Nigerians our pocket is suitable for Geos, and i bet even if i had a bigger pocket, i would still settle for Geos, at least for the first few years.
(There are brandables opportunity, more on that)
And the easiest way to sell a geo is outbound, in fact we can say it's the only way. Hence, u keep on outboundin no matter what, else ur domains will die with u.
See ooo, these oyinbos are trying, i mean how many of us usually open a cold email to read? Talk more of attempting a purchase. I bet if a typical Nigerian is in NEED of a shoe and he receives a random email that he can get it for just 1000naira, he Will never take that email seriously talkmore of purchasing no matter how cheap it is. So, kudos to those oyinbo buyers.

So since we can deduct the easiest way to sell geo is outbound, then what you will do is strategize your outbounding...

The few strategies i know are: (the gurus can add to it)

* First, in order to sell, u have to buy what to sell. In this context I'm saying, buy a good domain with high number of end users. Personally i consider nothing less than 20 users

* Make your letter as soon as possible (I'll appreciate if people do not ask for my sales letter grin Oga iykepromotions has dropped it several times)

* Use a good subject, it could be d keywords of the Domain, or simply NOTIFICATION.

*try as much to target the decision maker in the company, if u can't, or if it will consume your time, settle for the regular emails you meet.

* check the current time in the city b4 sending emails to them. I target from 9am to 1pm of the cities time. It gives a faster response, or at least there is high chance ur email would be seen at that time.

* Use realistic price. Yes! Some can argue that we are underpricing our domains in this thread. But in most cenario u barely see someone following up with a higher price to make a sale, u follow up with a price slash and land a sale. Hence as far as your ROI is good (which in most cases it is) then u can sell for reduced price.
I repeat use realistic price.
Like oga iykepromotions use to say, u can rather target $1k with multiple sales than waiting to get $1k with one sale, this could mean you will never see a sale, especially with the type of domains we buy here.

* Always follow up, sometimes with a reduced price, sometimes without! Follow up after 3-5 business days

* If u are replied with not interested, reduce the price and offer the person again, or tell him to make offer, sometimes that land in a sale, most times they don't reply again, so u move on

*Don't depend too much on those that will say they will get back to u, continue looking for other buyers, at the same time following up to that person

*Reply emails as fast as u can, this shows some professionallism.

* Use a consistent name, throughout your outbound, follow up, and dat same name should appear in your Dan account. Or atleast get a company name to use.

*Have a nice but not too long signature.

I'll stop here. You can criticise,make corrections and the gurus can add.

Peace.

Nice post. The only thing I know in getting much response from outbound is if your geo domain happens to have users using more gmail account than d normal info@blabla, then you r likely to get response. But that shouldn't b a trade mark it all boils down to luck/grace.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 11:39am On Dec 15, 2019
HA!
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by etin06(m): 11:44am On Dec 15, 2019
Hmm wetin person nor go see for this hustle

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 11:45am On Dec 15, 2019
So the best way around those info@bla bla bla emails is to do a separate research on the company's management. Most times no info of anyone is found and sometimes you get the LinkedIn profile of the owner but he to accept your friend request before you can have any correspondence. Facebook address always shows nothing
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Tenshades(m): 11:47am On Dec 15, 2019
etin06:

Chimooooo...
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 11:48am On Dec 15, 2019
etin06:

Jesu...... Did you and him know from somewhere? Damn!!!

On a more serious note, I have received one that made me feel very bad one day but this one is out of it

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by etin06(m): 11:51am On Dec 15, 2019
ThisisIkemefuna:

Jesu...... Did you and him know from somewhere? Damn!!!

On a more serious note, I have received one that made me feel very bad one day but this one is out of it

I don't know him ooo, it's making me laugh no need to feel bad, that's why it's called hustle.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by lollybizzu(m): 11:51am On Dec 15, 2019
Can domains bought from 123reg be listed on Dan and others?

If yes, please how can one go about it. Especially for Dan.

Thanks for anticipated response.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 11:58am On Dec 15, 2019
etin06:

I don't know him ooo, it's making me laugh no need to feel bad, that's why it's called hustle.

True talk my friend. God bless us with sales
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 12:02pm On Dec 15, 2019
etin06:
what a crazy guy. The man sounds painful and frustrated.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Soltiade(m): 12:04pm On Dec 15, 2019
pls gurus, av read evrintin but i dont understand d payment procedures between the buyer and I.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 12:11pm On Dec 15, 2019
pwetie:

Nice post. The only thing I know in getting much response from outbound is if your geo domain happens to have users using more gmail account than d normal info@blabla, then you r likely to get response. But that shouldn't b a trade mark it all boils down to luck/grace.
Exactly man!
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 12:13pm On Dec 15, 2019
etin06:
U for no follow am de tok. sad

But me my end users decent oo, they reject politely
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Tenshades(m): 12:18pm On Dec 15, 2019
ikhalyfah:

U for no follow am de tok. sad

But me my end users decent oo, they reject politely

I bliv it all goes down to d first impression you give. Your sales approach matters alot.

As for me, its either they negotiate& purchase or they keep mute without any response forever.

They will think twice before responding in a rude manner with your sales approach.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by AwesomeDuru(m): 12:20pm On Dec 15, 2019
ThisisIkemefuna:
So the best way around those info@bla bla bla emails is to do a separate research on the company's management. Most times no info of anyone is found and sometimes you get the LinkedIn profile of the owner but he to accept your friend request before you can have any correspondence. Facebook address always shows nothing
When you know the name of the CEO/Owner, don't use LinkedIn, use RocketReach.co. They give you the personal email address and phone number of the individual. If the name of the Owner is Josh Stevens, simply search 'Josh Stevens Owner ABC Company RocketReach' on Google, once the person is on there, you'll definitely be given their personal email address.

My two cents. You're welcome

29 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1005) (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) ... (3322) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: Keyz1, Jimneighbour, ab2care and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.