Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (1129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3581060 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1126) (1127) (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) ... (3319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by edimalo(m): 9:41pm On Feb 05, 2020
How best can I handle US details for my registrant information. Having naija details on whois could be a flag. Looking at the option of US details. Any challenge or implications of this.

tranxo:

This is one of the obstacles we encounter without proper research. We have all been down this road sha.

That's also the reason IdeasPro advised we take CPC and SG seriously when we select names on ED. I will also add considering ACR. With a domain having impressive numbers across these 3 metrics, we can confidently tell and show the buyer that though the domain has no website currently, it used to have one that is similar to his business. This means that the traffic that used to visit the former website are still typing those EXACT kwds (SG) in Google. You can even share screenshots from Wayback Machine for him to see that the former website is in the same business with his. Finally, depending on the CPC of the name, you can tell him that his competitors are already spending heavy ad costs just to advertise with the domain's exact keywords. He can save himself these costs, and POTENTIALLY (do not be definite with your pitches) rank higher than his competitors by owning this name.

You can tweak and switch all these around to suit your personality.

PS
Do not screenshot ED stats. Rather go and grab stats screenshot from Google Keyword Planner
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IghravweIG(m): 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2020
cyriletifit:

I use adapt /io to get emails of decision makers.
I also do a Google search using this format:
email address "@domain.com"

I sometimes search for email format of the company and follow the format.
You can visit the "about page" if they have Facebook fan page. Las Las if I don't get any, I use their contact form.

How do you reply to "how much"

The asking price is $Bleep (negotiable)
Visit yourdomain.com to get it.

The payment and transfer process is handled by DAN ESCROW and takes a few minutes.

Let us know if you need any help or clarification regarding the purchase of the domain.

Warmest Regards,
Your name.

I just signed up on adapt.
How do you source for the companies mail on it?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 9:45pm On Feb 05, 2020
edimalo:
How best can I handle US details for my registrant information. Having naija details on whois could be a flag. Looking at the option of US details. Any challenge or implications of this.

For registrars that offer free privacy, I use free privacy. For those that do not offer free privacy, I use my real Nigerian address and phone number.

My personal mantra.

As long as I am legit, I keep it real, do my part, and leave the rest to His Grace.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IghravweIG(m): 10:01pm On Feb 05, 2020
My Ogas, How do i reply this?

@Ideaspro
@2Sexycom

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by 2sexycom(m): 10:21pm On Feb 05, 2020
IghravweIG:

@Ideaspro
@2Sexycom

To be honest, end users have become clever, meticulous and more conscious of domains. All you have to do is assure them it is not. Present yourself as REAL HUMAN.

How would like to be treated under such circumstances? The good thing is the assurance of buying the domain name. Now it is your turn to assure him that it is not a scam.

4 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IghravweIG(m): 10:25pm On Feb 05, 2020
2sexycom:

To be honest, end users have become clever, meticulous and more conscious of domains. All you have to do is assure them it is not. Present yourself as REAL HUMAN.

How would like to be treated under such circumstances? The good thing is the assurance of buying the domain name. Now it is your turn to assure him that it is not a scam.
Thanks
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 10:28pm On Feb 05, 2020
IghravweIG:

@Ideaspro
@2Sexycom

Its not a phishing mail because you are making no attempt whatsoever to get him/her to reveal personal information. However, I think you can instead direct him/her to buy from godaddy(because its super popular) if they are really interested in the domain. The aim of your email is just for the person to see the value in what you have for sale. If they see the benefit of having such domain, they should proceed to godaddy/com to make a secure purchase within 10minutes.... maybe chipping in with whois info could help too...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by UrVillagePpl: 10:41pm On Feb 05, 2020
tranxo:

This is one of the obstacles we encounter without proper research. We have all been down this road sha.

That's also the reason IdeasPro advised we take CPC and SG seriously when we select names on ED. I will also add considering ACR. With a domain having impressive numbers across these 3 metrics, we can confidently tell and show the buyer that though the domain has no website currently, it used to have one that is similar to his business. This means that the traffic that used to visit the former website are still typing those EXACT kwds (SG) in Google. You can even share screenshots from Wayback Machine for him to see that the former website is in the same business with his. Finally, depending on the CPC of the name, you can tell him that his competitors are already spending heavy ad costs just to advertise with the domain's exact keywords. He can save himself these costs, and POTENTIALLY (do not be definite with your pitches) rank higher than his competitors by owning this name.

PS
Do not screenshot ED stats. Rather go and grab stats screenshot from Google Keyword Planner
thanks boss
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Channel5: 10:49pm On Feb 05, 2020
tranxo:

I guess this is Netsol

Check Epik. It's cheaper for transfers than Namesilo for now.

Just click on the domain name in your Netsol dashboard, scroll down, Turn off domain protection, Request for Authorization code.

It takes 3 days to arrive your email. Then go to Epik, click transfer, enter domain name and auth code when prompted, then pay. It's 6.99

Watch out for email from Netsol and authorize/approve the transfer. It will complete in 4-5 days.

It's 7.99$ I did a transfer from Godaddy to Epik 1 week back, paid via PayPal, domain took 5 days to arrive .

But with porkbun the transfer is 24hrs, I did a transfer to a buyer same day I did from Godaddy to Epik, buyer confirmed it under 24hrs!!! While I had to wait 5 days to get mine... Anyway you follow I guess the price is $7.99 not $6.99 you can prove me wrong but that's what I paid.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 10:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
I did 6.99 on Jan. 30th. Still 6.99 today

Meanwhile, I know Godaddy has expedited transfer, where you go and manually approve the transfer. This moves out the domain under 2 hours in most cases. Unless this has changed bc I no longer have any name at GD.
Channel5:

It's 7.99$ I did a transfer from Godaddy to Epik 1 week back, paid via PayPal, domain took 5 days to arrive .

But with porkbun the transfer is 24hrs, I did a transfer to a buyer same day I did from Godaddy to Epik, buyer confirmed it under 24hrs!!! While I had to wait 5 days to get mine... Anyway you follow I guess the price is $7.99 not $6.99 you can prove me wrong but that's what I paid.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 11:00pm On Feb 05, 2020
tranxo:

PS

Great suggestion you made here. But here is another profitable domain business trick. If you have paid web hosting that allows you to host unlimited domain names, you can get an expired domain name you want to flip, set up WordPress blog on it and turn it to a website (NOT BLOG) with just home page content.

Create essential pages like About me, Contact me, Website for sale, etc. Go to wayback archive to see the old blog posts and pages URLs and redirect them to the home page. You can use WordPress plugins to do this. Sooner than later, Google and other major search engines will start sending you free targeted traffic.

You can install free Google Analytics code on the blog and sign up for Google webmaster console to monitor web activities. All these tasks can be done in a matter of hours even for a beginner. Now, you've built a website for sale and not domain name to flip. This will not stop you from doing outbound marketing or listing it for sale in domains for sale marketplaces. But this step will greatly increase your chances of selling a mediocre domain names for big profits.

You also get "willing and able" buyers who are ready to open their wallets to buy a business not an idea you can hardly sell at arm's length transaction. I have said it before, a domain you will beg someone to pay $200 for, after building a simple website on it that did not take you a day to set up, the same buyer will be begging you to sell it for $2,000. You have to sell 10 domains @$200 to make $2,000. I am just being conservative here.

You may not do this for all of your domain names but the ones you see as "winners." It also cautions you from going on a buying spree picking junk domain names that may never sell. Even before you find a buyer, place Google Adsense codes on it and continue to earn $0.50 here and $1 there per day. You can do your calculations. $0.50 to $1 from 50 keyword domain names will translate to $25 to $50 per day passive income.

I know a lot of people will start asking me for income proof now. This was how they were asking Iykepromotions for proof at the beginning of the thread. Now, they are singing his praises. Nigerians! I am not selling anything here. So, believe it or don't believe it. Make your money and let others make theirs.

But the major upfront investment is buying web hosting for 3 years for $141.49 which comes down to about $3.95 per month. I actually posted a simple guide that can walk you through this process sometime ago. I cannot remember the page now but you can ask me any question if you need any clarification. I am in this business as an investor and not as a flipper.

Side note: If you have a really good domain name, it sells itself whether there is a website or no website on it.

48 Likes 24 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 11:04pm On Feb 05, 2020
IdeasPro:

Great suggestion you made here. But here is another profitable domain business trick. If you have paid web hosting that allows you to host unlimited domain names, you can get an expired domain name you want to flip, set up WordPress blog on it and turn it to a website (NOT BLOG) with just home page content.

Create essential pages like About me, Contact me, Website for sale, etc. Go to wayback archive to see the old blog posts and pages URLs and redirect them to the home page. You can use WordPress plugins to do this. Sooner than later, Google and other major search engines will start sending you free targeted traffic.

You can install free Google Analytics code on the blog and sign up for Google webmaster console to monitor web activities. All these tasks can be done in a matter of hours even for a beginner. Now, you've built a website for sale and not domain name to flip. This will not stop you from doing outbound marketing or listing it for sale in domains for sale marketplaces. But this step will greatly increase your chances of selling a mediocre domain names for big profits.

You also get "willing and able" buyers who are ready to open their wallets to buy a business not an idea you can hardly sell at arm's length transaction. I have said it before, a domain you will beg someone to pay $200 for, after building a simple website on it that did not take you a day to set up, the same buyer will be begging you to sell it for $2,000. You have to sell 10 domains @$200 to make $2,000. I am just being conservative here.

You may not do this for all of your domain names but the ones you see as "winners." It also cautions you from going on a buying spree picking junk domain names that may never sell. Even before you find a buyer, place Google Adsense codes on it and continue to earn $0.50 here and $1 there per day. You can do your calculations. $0.50 to $1 from 50 keyword domain names will translate to $25 to $50 per day passive income.

I know a lot of people will start asking me for income proof now. This was how they were asking Iykepromotions for proof at the beginning of the thread. Now, they are singing his praises. Nigerians! I am not selling anything here. So, believe it or don't believe it. Make your money and let others make theirs.

But the major upfront investment is buying web hosting for 3 years for $141.49 which comes down to about $3.95 per month. I actually posted a simple guide that can walk you through this process sometime ago. I cannot remember the page now but you can ask me any question if you need any clarification. I am in this business as an investor and not as a flipper.

Side note: If you have a really good domain name, it sells itself whether there is a website or no website on it.

PRICELESS!!!!! PRICELESS!!!!! PRICELESS!!!!! PRICELESS!!!!!

And some people will still not see the $1m in this post.

We keep asking. We keep learning.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 11:10pm On Feb 05, 2020
tranxo:

For registrars that offer free privacy, I use free privacy. For those that do not offer free privacy, I use my real Nigerian address and phone number.

My personal mantra.

As long as I am legit, I keep it real, do my part, and leave the rest to His Grace.

Yes, using fake info or address is the greatest RED FLAG!

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 11:18pm On Feb 05, 2020
IghravweIG:

@Ideaspro
@2Sexycom
First, make sure you list it in trusted marketplaces like Afternic which is owned by GoDaddy. Letting him know that the transaction is handled by GoDaddy's company is an assurance in itself. If he is in doubt, he can independently confirm from them and get back to you. Secondly, you should work towards having a business website.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 11:29pm On Feb 05, 2020
ElonMosque:

Its not a phishing mail because you are making no attempt whatsoever to get him/her to reveal personal information. However, I think you can instead direct him/her to buy from godaddy(because its super popular) if they are really interested in the domain. The aim of your email is just for the person to see the value in what you have for sale. If they see the benefit of having such domain, they should proceed to godaddy/com to make a secure purchase within 10minutes.... maybe chipping in with whois info could help too...

That is how you see it. A child who has been beaten by a snake, becomes afraid even when he sees an earthworm. A lot of damage has been done by some undesirable elements in this part of Africa. I have a business partner abroad who is always scared at frauds and scams emanating from Nigeria. If a white man/woman has not been duped, his/her brother, sister, friend, nephew, fellow citizen has been duped and they know this. So, they must be cautious. It will take years to clean up the mess by government.

Travel out of this country, you will understand what I mean. When they see that you are a Nigerian, they treat you differently. Some even want you to start excreting .....immediately. You know now!
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Channel5: 12:12am On Feb 06, 2020
tranxo:
I did 6.99 on Jan. 30th. Still 6.99 today

Meanwhile, I know Godaddy has expedited transfer, where you go and manually approve the transfer. This moves out the domain under 2 hours in most cases. Unless this has changed bc I no longer have any name at GD.

Ok then is probably now 6.99$

I guess Godaddy then put off the spe e transfer.

I was thinking the wouldn't let me, Because I bought the name last two months, did some outbound but no reply, i decided to pay for another year so I can have enough time to outbound and hold the name.

I bought it @0.99 from Godaddy so I was thinking there promo comes with terms and conditions, like it must stay with them for a year but that was not the case ....Am happy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Zubbykan007(m): 12:51am On Feb 06, 2020
IdeasPro:

Wow that's nice, please can you throw more light on how to redirect links to the current website?
You can as well open a new thread about this, I really want to learn about this
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by onwubiko(m): 12:55am On Feb 06, 2020
I am back and this is my gift, register ASAP

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 1:09am On Feb 06, 2020
Zubbykan007:

Wow that's nice, please can you throw more light on how to redirect links to the current website?
You can as well open a new thread about this, I really want to learn about this

I am assuming you are using self-hosted WordPress blog on your domain. Then download and install free 301 redirection plugin to do it. I have a complete digital marketing training thread already from this link.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Splendidsolo(m): 4:42am On Feb 06, 2020
Goodam bosses and fellow newbies, please I listed a domain on afternic at $499(a premium domain), and it is displaying the listed amount and also with a domain worth of $1450..@ godaddy, could it be that I underlisted it, if yes what should I do. Secondly how do I rectify the "NO OPT -IN -REQUIRED for fast transfer on afternic.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Avast(m): 5:02am On Feb 06, 2020
2sexycom:

Enduser is requesting that I must call else he can't buy my domain.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 06, 2020
tranxo:

PS
Hello boss, @ideaspro
What is the best est metrics to filter expired domains especially considering cpc, backlinks(not fake ones), SG, cpc and one what site better, you know how Ed is with lots of boxes to "check". Is it the higher number, the better or vice versa for good Ed? I know such of many good domains are difficult to get but some average existing businesses that went down are still there that we can pick up and continue contents with and flip for profits either upsell or adsense?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sketcherJ(m): 7:17am On Feb 06, 2020
2sexycom:

Email service@afternic.com and complain to them
bro thanks.. you know when u want to list on Dan, they ask you to redirect or add their dns to your domain or something? Please does this affect you listing on other domain markets?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Julius209(m): 7:28am On Feb 06, 2020
House, please help a brother

1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 7:29am On Feb 06, 2020
priceaction:

Hello boss, @ideaaspro
What is the best est metrics to filter expired domains especially considering cpc, backlinks(not fake ones), SG, cpc and one what site better, you know how Ed is with lots of boxes to "check". Is it the higher number, the better or vice versa for good Ed? I know such of many good domains are difficult to get but some average existing businesses that went down are still there that we can pick up and continue contents with and flip for profits either upsell or adsense?
As a domainer, you'll do better with high CPC and search volume (SG). Average monthly search volume above 100 is good but above 1,000 is great. CPC above $1 is good too. But remember SEO expert's metrics will be different too.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 7:30am On Feb 06, 2020
sketcherJ:
bro thanks.. you know when u want to list on Dan, they ask you to redirect or add their dns to your domain or something? Please does this affect you listing on other domain markets?
Nope!!!
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 7:38am On Feb 06, 2020
Julius209:
House, please help a brother

If it is me, this is how I will respond, "Yes, he can reach me through my business website at https://www.mydomain.com/contact-me/."

By the time he gets to my business website, he will be amazed at the web services I do. He may be tempted to navigate my web pages with quality content. If after this relationship building step, he is still not confident to do business with me, definitely he is not my customer/buyer. I move on!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 7:38am On Feb 06, 2020
IdeasPro:

As a domainer, you'll do better with high CPC and search volume (SG). Average monthly search volume above 100 is good but above 1,000 is great. CPC above $1 is good too. But remember SEO expert's metrics will be different too.
So cpc column is in dollars while sg column is in search volumes?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 7:40am On Feb 06, 2020
priceaction:

So cpc column is in dollars while sg column is in search volumes?

Yes

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Julius209(m): 7:50am On Feb 06, 2020
IdeasPro:

If it is me, this is how I will respond, "Yes, he can reach me through my business website at https://www.mydomain.com/contact-me/."

By the time he gets to my business website, he will be amazed at the web services I do. He may be tempted to navigate my web pages with quality content. If after this relationship building step, he is still not confident to do business with me, definitely he is not my customer/buyer. I move on!
boss,it is ordinary domain name I haven't built any website on it
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Zubbykan007(m): 7:50am On Feb 06, 2020
IdeasPro:

I am assuming you are using self-hosted WordPress blog on your domain. Then download and install free 301 redirection plugin to do it. I have a complete digital marketing training thread already from this link.
thank you, but don't you have any tread here in nairaland?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IghravweIG(m): 7:53am On Feb 06, 2020
IdeasPro:

First, make sure you list it in trusted marketplaces like Afternic which is owned by GoDaddy. Letting him know that the transaction is handled by GoDaddy's company is an assurance in itself. If he is in doubt, he can independently confirm from them and get back to you. Secondly, you should work towards having a business website.
I buy into your ideal of turning key domain in blog website.

How do i go about this please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1126) (1127) (1128) (1129) (1130) (1131) (1132) ... (3319) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: Tanjiro, tinnymerit(m), Pk01(m), Collinser(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.