Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (1465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3559986 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) ... (3315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by therealMcCain: 5:59am On May 18, 2020
grandstar:
I just registered a one word dictionery domain name. I won't call it prime though

Reassumes.com

The "s" at the end devalues it but I suspect I can still get like $595 for it as a fast sale. Picked it from expireddomains.net.

Or should I list it for $2,100?

Guys, what do you think

Reassume was regged 2013 by huge domains, its listed $3095 now(7yrs & counting) them never sell am

you want to list your own for $2100?

Which business service will need this name?

does this name have any wholesale value amongst domainers?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Hilux101: 6:01am On May 18, 2020
What do you guys feel about .ca and .co.uk names?

I have found some domain names that are profession+popularcity. but with the above extension. Do they sell fast?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by therealMcCain: 6:05am On May 18, 2020
xtaphare321:
I started with my own coined names but none got approved then I switched to expired domains names like Homensure, pay bunk, waybillme all in dot com were coined by me, then names like codeclamp, Dexhorizon, Im buit, globarr all in dot com too were picked from expired domains

My dear, if you were able to come up with these names as a beginner, you are at the junction of the right street.

Its a very long street with inner streets, what you need is the right vehicle & the knowledge of which house to go to.

you have been given pointers too. explore them

I will add that you go through SH contest, read the contest holder brief/description of what they want & submit names.

Also go through contest results & see names that won. this will sharpen your skills

I have a thread on Squadhelp, you can check it out

4 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sammchuck1: 6:12am On May 18, 2020
therealMcCain:

My dear, if you were able to come up with these names as a beginner, you are at the junction of the right street.

Gbam.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 6:26am On May 18, 2020
Good morning

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by grandstar(m): 6:33am On May 18, 2020
therealMcCain:

Reassume was regged 2013 by huge domains, its listed $3095 now(7yrs & counting) them never sell am

you want to list your own for $2100?

Which business service will need this name?

does this name have any wholesale value amongst domainers?

You do have a strong point. I knew I was taking a massive risk when buying.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sammchuck1: 6:35am On May 18, 2020
tranxo:
Good morning

To you, is it a brandable or EMD? Main Street is a generic phrase.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 6:39am On May 18, 2020
sammchuck1:

To you, is it a brandable or EMD? Main Street is a generic phrase.
Don't be fixated on, and limited by labels.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sammchuck1: 6:42am On May 18, 2020
tranxo:
Don't be fixated on, and limited by labels.

Ok sir.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by grandstar(m): 6:48am On May 18, 2020
therealMcCain:

Even far back 2006, you didnt stick to industry standard of .com

There were so many cool .com you would have hand registered or gotten from drops, na this one you still regg.

My brother/sister, you need to unlearn all what you know & reaquaint yourself with current day trends.

Since you already have a foundation, it will be fast for you, but unlearn everything you have ever learned.

You dont appraise names based on how you feel about it or how you like it. there is room for gutfeelings but that needs constant improvement & finetunning.

Then, things were much different than now. Afternic either did not exist or was a no go area for Nigerians. Even in 2013, Nigerians were not allowed on afternic.

Also, those names I got them by chance. At that time, www.register.com would bring out several name suggestions if your preferred domain name was taken, similar to what godaddy does but on a far superior level.

Unfortunately, at tgat time, all premiums were gone and so brought up the second or third best I even used to own computerises.com (Uk version)

Also, the domain industry wasn't as developed now. No brandable marketplace whatsoever for instance.

Thank God now we can knock heads here and educate ourselves. Oga iykepromotoins, thank you.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by grandstar(m): 7:00am On May 18, 2020
Softmojo:

There were two of these names that looked like dictionary words.

The other one was MidWifed//com.

If the attached pics were used as a yardstick, i would say you picked the wrong one Sir.

Wow. I'm impressed. I would have chosen midwifed over Reassumes any day.

I admire your criticism. It was constructive, detached and not preachy. I also learnt something.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by grandstar(m): 7:03am On May 18, 2020
SEYIKP:
ok sorry ooooo.
You are comparing 2006, market with 2020.
I've been seeing your post for a while, I think you need to update yourself with what matters in today's market. Domaining is like fashion, it goes with trend. What is in Vogue in fashion today, can become an old school tomorrow.

My GOD! Things have changed phenomenally since 2006. I do agree with that.

I took a risk, an extremely big risk, which I admitted, when I bought this domain. It was left untouched for a reason grin grin

Anyway, undecided whether to return it or not. grin
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Brymo4all(m): 7:08am On May 18, 2020
Good morning Kings and Queens grin
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Itimkpataka: 7:11am On May 18, 2020
Please, if you are dropping some names kindly list them here cuz some of us maybe interested. Its better people you know register them than giving it out to someone you don't know.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Depressed101: 7:27am On May 18, 2020
slimjosh43:

Go to the search box at the top of your nairaland pag and type

What to do to make money online 1018
I figured a better way, just edit the page number in the url

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Depressed101: 7:29am On May 18, 2020
grandstar:

My friend, you gotta choose one!

I would advise you stick with SH as they have a higher sales turnover. Also, that logo design cost at BB is a huge turnoff.

Another advantage of SH is that they list your domain on Afternic which is a fantastic market for achieving sales. It's probably the best domain market place presently.
my listing on SH is not premium, it's basic plus, so doesn't qualify for all those pecs
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Itimkpataka: 7:30am On May 18, 2020
grandstar:

Then, things were much different than now. Afternic either did not exist or was a no go area for Nigerians. Even in 2013, Nigerians were not allowed on afternic.

Also, those names I got them by chance. At that time, www.register.com would bring out several name suggestions if your preferred domain name was taken, similar to what godaddy does but on a far superior level.

Unfortunately, at tgat time, all premiums were gone and so brought up the second or third best I even used to own computerises.com (Uk version)

Also, the domain industry wasn't as developed now. No brandable marketplace whatsoever for instance.

Thank God now we can knock heads here and educate ourselves. Oga iykepromotoins, thank you.

You're not a serious domainer then. Even though most of dictionary premium names are gone but you're still in the right direction because you can still get some for tokens then.

What about the emerging industry from 2006 upwards.. Something like Cryptocureency (Bitcoins), Cannabis industry or Betting Industry. Premium domains from this industry made people millionaire. Anyway i won't judge you like most of us, we don't have the necessary tools to embark on internet journey that period. wink

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by grandstar(m): 8:00am On May 18, 2020
Itimkpataka:

You're not a serious domainer then. Even though most of dictionary premium names are gone but you're still in the right direction because you can still get some for tokens then.

What about the emerging industry from 2006 upwards.. Something like Cryptocureency (Bitcoins), Cannabis industry or Betting Industry. Premium domains from this industry made people millionaire. Anyway i won't judge you like most of us, we don't have the necessary tools to embark on internet journey that period. wink

I abandoned the industry soon after.

I only came back some years ago and ive only been 1% here most of the time.

I just resumed full time about 2 months ago when I started acquiring domain names.

I now have about 12 in my arsenal, with 4 listed in SH (I submitted only 4).

I have a few crypto and finance brandables lined up for SH. Only problem is I don't submit unregistered names. I can't afford someone stealing those names and I also prefer to earn my full dough rather than 30%. So, I'll be paiient there.

I'm doing something else online presently and that's eating money. I can't devote the required cash needed for domaining mow.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sammchuck1: 8:31am On May 18, 2020
sammchuck1:
Sales reports everywhere....

Meanwhile....

Lol. My first sale of 3 came 3 hours after I posted this.
#GodNoGoShameUs

9 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Brymo4all(m): 8:47am On May 18, 2020
I tried to hand reg. Selfdrivingcars.com

Omg it's been taken
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Brymo4all(m): 8:48am On May 18, 2020
Congratulations
sammchuck1:

Lol. My first sale of 3 came 3 hours after I posted this.
#GodNoGoShameUs
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by FrancisAdl(m): 8:52am On May 18, 2020
Gtb dollar account transfer available

$1200 @435/$

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Brymo4all(m): 9:00am On May 18, 2020
Futurejobs.com too has been registered

I'll keep trying.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sadiqcholel: 9:06am On May 18, 2020
sammchuck1:

Lol. My first sale of 3 came 3 hours after I posted this. #GodNoGoShameUs

Team #FIRE 4 FIRE....More sales to us all.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 9:23am On May 18, 2020
Brymo4all:
Futurejobs.com too has been registered

I'll keep trying.
Try workathome.com

Be fast oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Brymo4all(m): 9:29am On May 18, 2020
It's taken
tranxo:

Try workathome.com

Be fast oo
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Brymo4all(m): 9:33am On May 18, 2020
It seems all my domain name ideas have been registered already.

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by SEYIKP(m): 9:39am On May 18, 2020
Brymo4all:
It seems all my domain name ideas have been registered already.
Try homemade.com

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Brymo4all(m): 9:44am On May 18, 2020
I think I'll go for ED
SEYIKP:
Try homemade.com
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by xtaphare321(f): 9:45am On May 18, 2020
therealMcCain:

Its a very long street with inner streets, what you need is the right vehicle & the knowledge of which house to go to.

you have been given pointers too. explore them

I will add that you go through SH contest, read the contest holder brief/description of what they want & submit names.

Also go through contest results & see names that won. this will sharpen your skills

I have a thread on Squadhelp, you can check it out
Thank you very much
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by SEYIKP(m): 9:47am On May 18, 2020
Brymo4all:
I think I'll go for ED
I'm sure before today's runs out, you will try to register, facebook.com or Yahoo.com

10 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sammchuck1: 9:53am On May 18, 2020
SEYIKP:
I'm sure before today's runs out, you will try to register, facebook.com or Yahoo.com

grin Wickedness in high places

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) ... (3315) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: vizboy(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.