Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (1480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3553166 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1477) (1478) (1479) (1480) (1481) (1482) (1483) ... (3314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Imustreturn(m): 10:58am On May 20, 2020
Qulink1:

Nah just for payment
oh ok

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by 2sexycom(m): 11:01am On May 20, 2020
ollybode:

Boss I got this style from @rob I have used it once and it open up to negotiation.
It goes thus;

"Names of this caliber routinely sell for over $xxxxx

We also sometimes do domain leases with a purchase option.(provided you want to use instalment Sir)

If you have budget, I will do my best to get something done for you."

You can have it twisted to suit your need

Thanks... I will suggest this one later. I am not willing to sell for less than 4 figures. Let's wait and see.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by jerome263: 11:15am On May 20, 2020
Help a brother, I just got a reply from an end user...How Much?

Although I listed the domain name for $10,000...seems he didn't click the landing page link...

How best should I reply him? Should I just reply $10,000 or is there a way I can reply him to make an offer while still letting him know the amount is $10,000?

Help a brother...

4 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by logik29(m): 11:17am On May 20, 2020
ElonMosque:

How many mails do you get on average per domain while using YP? Does it supply more than 1 email per company?
From my experience so far, not all results from yp have email address so I just skip to the next one or check their website.

2.Yes, although not Everytime.Have gotten up to 6 email addresses for just one company.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by logik29(m): 11:20am On May 20, 2020
crudedude:

2. Depends. If you copy all leads (company name + email) into MS Excel and sort alphabetically, you can easily remove double entries before you start outbound
I use phone for outbound.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by therealMcCain: 11:23am On May 20, 2020
jerome263:

Although I listed the domain name for $10,000...seems he didn't click the landing page link...

How best should I reply him? Should I just reply $10,000 or is there a way I can reply him to make an offer while still letting him know the amount is $10,000?

Help a brother...

From Page 1 till current page, did anyone introduce himself/herself as a seer or witch/wizard?

Name you did not reveal

Potential worth of the enduser, you did not reveal

No background info, nothing at all (Is it exact match, brandable or geo domain)

PS
I am not asking you to reveal the domain name or name of enduser or company, but there are pointers you can give that will help someone give a good counsel. Revealing these info in an open forum like this can backfire. you can DM trusted folks for their advice.(dont DM me)

Advice to newbies, have a mentor, someone you can always run to, to ask stupid questions

I have mentors till date, that I send unregistered domains to, to give me their input

I have people I send unregistered names to for them to see if they will buy, should they reject the offer, they dont go behind my back to register it

I have people I send full correspondence of my outbound with, including name of enduser and company with so that they will advice me on how to go about it. sometimes they do their own research based on info given and they dig more info for me.

In this business, its not a one mans island

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by viktor88: 11:23am On May 20, 2020
Honourableca:
Get a step by step video tutorial on How to Create a PayPal account that Sends and Receives Money in Nigeria for just a token.

Chat me up on WhatsApp via: 08160528637
We do this here for free...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IghravweIG(m): 11:34am On May 20, 2020
IdeasPro:

Hmmm! Somebody can tell you what to hold. It's like telepathy. Your instinct has to be in sync with what someone tells you or from what you read. This is what to hold:

-Terms that makes meaning. That is there is remote business idea(s) behind it
-Terms that are trending and you've the foresight that it will not fade any time soon. Holding terms that are like morning dew may come and go without a sale.
-Terms with existing business(es) but not a trademark
-Terms you can develop into a website/blog, make money from it and show potential buyers the money, the business and the profits
-It goes on like that.

Terms here simply refer to search queries, search terms, keywords or keyword phrases that online shoppers and information seekers type into search engines like Google to get what they are looking for. The more popular a term is, the better chances of finding a potential end user. If Nigeria.com is for sale today, millions of people including entrepreneurs of heavy financial muscles all over the world will want to buy it. Why? Because Nigeria is a giant of Africa.

Let's look at an example. "Internet Of Things dot com" held for 5 years and sold for $12,000. If you look at the image below, you'll notice that this search term is popular with meaningful discussion around it. It will foolish of any domainer to lose that domain name and not renew. Even if you don't sell your domain in 3 to 5 years, you're confident that that value appreciates like an old wine. Every year as you renew a domain name, you also review the selling price by at least $500 to create room for negotiation.
Your an asset here.
Thanks for this.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by therealMcCain: 11:34am On May 20, 2020
xammax:

Yes, I just checked and the names have been rejected. I just don't understand the way SH review names oh

I submitted three names I think are good but they were rejected.

The three names I submitted are below

1. Analynic (from the word analytic)
2. Rapidpowr ( rapid and power)
3. Dynarupt, ( dynamic and disrupt)

Are this names bad as a beginner?

Ikhalyfah therealMcCain

I dont appraise names

Name 1: How does the pronunciation sound to you?

Name 2: Most times you dont add a real keyword to a mispelling

Name 3:No comment per say, Dynadot makes no sense to me but its a killer site now.

In domaining, There are exception to rules, sometimes rules get broken and you make a sale. Standard industry practice is to stick to the norm/rules.

11 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 11:36am On May 20, 2020
crudedude:

Lol dude continue sharing those old posts especially the mega sales reports. I read them too.

Hope you're now seeing how many questions have been answered before now?

And some people will say starting from Page 1 na nonsense. No wahala.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by jerome263: 11:36am On May 20, 2020
therealMcCain:

From Page 1 till current page, did anyone introduce himself/herself as a seer or witch/wizard?

Name you did not reveal

No background info, nothing at all

PS
I am not asking you to reveal the domain name or name of enduser or company, but there are pointers you can give that will help someone give a good counsel. Revealing these info in an open forum like this can backfire. you can DM trusted folks for their advice.(dont DM me)

Advice to newbies, have a mentor, someone you can always run to, to ask stupid questions

I have mentors till date, that I send unregistered domains to, to give me their input

I have people I send unregistered names to for them to see if they will buy, should they reject the offer, they dont go behind my back to register it

I have people I send full correspondence of my outbound with, including name of enduser and company with so that they will advice me on how to go about it. sometimes they do their own research based on info given and they dig more info for me.

Thanks bro, I will take your advice to heart

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by xammax(m): 11:49am On May 20, 2020
therealMcCain:

I dont appraise names

Name 1: How does the pronunciation sound to you?

Name 2: Most times you dont add a real keyword to a mispelling

Name 3:No comment per say, Dynadot makes no sense to me but its a killer site now.

In domaining, There are exception to rules, sometimes rules get broken and you make a sale. Standard industry practice is to stick to the norm/rules.

Ok, thanks. I get it now
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 11:50am On May 20, 2020
logik29:

From my experience so far, not all results from yp have email address so I just skip to the next one or check their website.

2.Yes, although not Everytime.Have gotten up to 6 email addresses for just one company.

So how many emails per domain?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 11:55am On May 20, 2020
Table shaker. Lol.

I know I have written an extensive post on one of the ways we MAY be able to pitch prices to end users (INCLUDING THE TYPES OF RESEARCH THAT OUGHT TO BE DONE PRIOR). I am not saying the method(s) I proposed is the Holy Grail of Domain Name pricing, ......but then.......questions to answered questions will keep coming because we have listened to those that said starting from page 1 is useless.

PS:
Those that are still benevolent enough to answer any type of questions here, I hail una abeg. May God continue to bless and strengthen you guys. E no easy!!
therealMcCain:

Name you did not reveal

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by logik29(m): 11:56am On May 20, 2020
ElonMosque:

So how many emails per domain?
One email per Domain most times,but in some cases you might see two even up to 6 per Domain.

#talkingfromexperience.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 12:00pm On May 20, 2020
logik29:

One email per Domain most times,but in some cases you might see two even up to 6 per Domain.

#talkingfromexperience.

Whats the most amount of people you have contacted in TOTAL concerning any of your domains for sale?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 12:02pm On May 20, 2020
tranxo:
Table shaker. Lol.

I know I have written an extensive post on one of the ways we MAY be able to pitch prices to end users (INCLUDING THE TYPES OF RESEARCH THAT OUGHT TO BE DONE PRIOR). I am not saying the method(s) I proposed is the Holy Grail of Domain Name pricing, ......but then.......questions to answered questions will keep coming because we have listened to those that said starting from page 1 is useless.

PS:
Those that are still benevolent enough to answer any type of questions here, I hail una abeg. May God continue to bless and strengthen you guys. E no easy!!

smiley let me resurrect the post..

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 12:09pm On May 20, 2020
therealMcCain:

Name you did not reveal

PS

laff wan kee me... you for add soothsayer grin
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iCauseTrouble: 12:32pm On May 20, 2020
Even though I don't use EPIK as my landers, I still respect Rob when it comes to domain brokerage / negotiations. He sold 2 domains for me around March when DAN was messing up.
ollybode:

Boss I got this style from @rob I have used it once and it open up to negotiation.
It goes thus;

"Names of this caliber routinely sell for over $xxxxx

We also sometimes do domain leases with a purchase option.(provided you want to use instalment Sir)

If you have budget, I will do my best to get something done for you."

You can have it twisted to suit your need

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iCauseTrouble: 12:36pm On May 20, 2020
Ollybode just provided a similar answer in the last page. You can use it but make sure your name is worth any price you quote
jerome263:

Help a brother...

4 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by thorrvik55(m): 12:43pm On May 20, 2020
ElonMosque:

Whats the most amount of people you have contacted in TOTAL concerning any of your domains for sale?

I think u don't get wot logik2.9 is trying to say..

Yellow pages repeats businesses over and over again, unlike Google maps.

If u use Yellow Pages and u are not observant, u might end up out bounding to one end user multiple times...

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by jerome263: 12:59pm On May 20, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
Ollybode just provided a similar answer in the last page. You can use it but make sure your name is worth any price you quote
.thanks
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Gabson91(m): 1:04pm On May 20, 2020
This dan issue de fear me, im just so used to them.. It's showing me Chinese, I'll suspend outbounding bdat
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by logik29(m): 1:04pm On May 20, 2020
ElonMosque:

I think close to 100 and I use yp to get their email address.
The reason my outbound is not up to 100 is yp after some certain number of pages,it starts repeating companies or the company won't have website or email address (lolz)

PS. Before I buy a domain I make sure that end-users for that Domain is not less than 200 on yp.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by slimjosh43: 1:06pm On May 20, 2020
jerome263:

Help a brother...
Is it a Geo domain? If yes that amount is ridiculous. I no wan know how much you buy am.

Is it a brandable? The price might be ok if:

1. The domain is aged
2. The keyword or niche is hot right now
3. If you purchased it in an auction for $Bleep - xxxx
4. There are existing companies using a part of the domain (2 words brandable) in their name e.g lemoncube to determine its company worth, visit crunchbase and search for "lemon" and notice the companies using it. Then search for "cube" and see the companies using it as part of their brandname. This would give you an idea of how strong and valuable your domain is.
5. You can also check LinkedIn, Twitter and maybe Facebook

Most importantly check the rep of your enduser. How big is it and who responded to your mail, is he the CEO? If yes after passing like three of the ones I stated above you can determine the price you'd give him.

Also always ensure that the price you give is less than the price on the landing page

I be newbie o. So wait for the bosses

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 1:16pm On May 20, 2020
Gabson91:
This dan issue de fear me, im just so used to them.. It's showing me Chinese, I'll suspend outbounding bdat
Make una no make me think say dem caused me two sales oo.
after agreeing price with endusers i imported lead, and now they are playing the silent game with me cry

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 1:19pm On May 20, 2020
slimjosh43:

Is it a Geo domain? If yes that amount is ridiculous. I no wan know how much you buy am.

Is it a brandable? The price might be ok if:

1. The domain is aged
2. The keyword or niche is hot right now
3. If you purchased it in an auction for $Bleep - xxxx
4. There are existing companies using a part of the domain (2 words brandable) in their name e.g lemoncube to determine its company worth, visit crunchbase and search for "lemon" and notice the companies using it. Then search for "cube" and see the companies using it as part of their brandname. This would give you an idea of how strong and valuable your domain is.
5. You can also check LinkedIn, Twitter and maybe Facebook

Most importantly check the rep of your enduser. How big is it and who responded to your mail, is he the CEO? If yes after passing like three of the ones I stated above you can determine the price you'd give him.

Also always ensure that the price you give is less than the price on the landing page

I be newbie o. So wait for the bosses
This one wey u de call ur sef newbie, us we neva see this thread yet b dat. Make e no be like say u de whine us!

U have said it all boss.
And goodluck to jerome263 i hope the domain description meets all or most of the listed criteria.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Simpsonrocket(m): 1:24pm On May 20, 2020
thorrvik55:

I think u don't get wot logik2.9 is trying to say..

Yellow pages repeats businesses over and over again, unlike Google maps.

If u use Yellow Pages and u are not observant, u might end up out bounding to one end user multiple times...
And they sometimes contain old information and email
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by SmartMen: 1:35pm On May 20, 2020
viktor88:

We do this here for free...
do u have a PayPal account for sending and receiving?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1477) (1478) (1479) (1480) (1481) (1482) (1483) ... (3314) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: codemaniacs, skankhunt101 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.