Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,484 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (1838) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3551057 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1835) (1836) (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) ... (3314) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 12, 2020
I think you should register it. You might just end up selling both to the end user.
Promxy94:
Public opinion needed..

Do you think they might decide to go for the singular, which is just a reg fee.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Heyzee5: 9:20am On Aug 12, 2020
2sexycom:

Someone actually liked that post and that was what led me to it and read everything I wrote that day until it got to the last line... Chai, I pause, read am again and then quoted it.

My brother, na why I dey humble myself ooo.

No money go make ever raise shoulder up say "I Don arrive"

Una good morning oo
Boss, pls can you point me in the direction of that post? I go like learn from his wisdom/mistake.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by JohnQueen(m): 9:31am On Aug 12, 2020
Was your card debited? Cos me sef try buy domains yesterday from dynadot but e nor reflect. And no debit

golamike:
A name I just registered on dynadot is taking time to reflect in my account. First time I'm experiencing this. Anyone had same experience before?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by jamih: 9:32am On Aug 12, 2020
Promxy94:
Public opinion needed..

From Both newbies and Bosses.

I received an inbound offer for one of my domains that ends with the word "sales" but the singular "sale" is available an unregistered.

Now the offer came from a GoDaddy broker with $250 as opening offer.

I told them that i would do anything $599

Because i listed the domain for $400.

Is it advisable that i register the singular, from your view since its available.

Reg it imo

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Sadiq3051(m): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2020
so I say make I do geo, all the names I watchlist was caught by dropcatch.. which kind wahala be this o..... lol

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by eaddyboy: 9:48am On Aug 12, 2020
Promxy94:
Public opinion needed..

I received an inbound offer for one of my domains that ends with the word "sales" but the singular "sale" is available an unregistered.

Is it advisable that i register the singular, from your view since its available.

Some names do appeal to end users if it is in plural form like "Sales" compared to "Sale"

For instance I think "ChickenSales" in King appeals more than "ChickenSale" in King

Just my thoughts though... You can gamble on it though and it sales wink but like our Ogas will always say, domain value lies in the eyes of the buyer! Goodluck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by UrFears: 9:55am On Aug 12, 2020
Promxy94:
Public opinion needed..

Since it's inbound, reg the singular. It's worth the risk. Its just $8

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by 2sexycom(m): 10:12am On Aug 12, 2020
Ibrixy:

Please can you share the link to his story, I'd love to read.

I bookmarked it. Let me do a search for it bro. BRB... I will post full content here when I see it.

BRB

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ollybode(m): 10:46am On Aug 12, 2020
whitewalker673:
Good day all!
A lead that told me he was waiting for his IT guy to confirm if he can redirect my domain to his current website before purchase just mailed me and told me his IT guy has covid!
I really dont know what to do!
Bosses is there a follow up i can use?

Awesomeduru
Boss pls i need a copy that will show that i am[b] sorry abt the bad news and to also reassure the buyer that i can help redirect the domain to his site and he can receive the domain first b4 payment[/b]
You 've spined the copy by yourself already.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Simpsonrocket(m): 10:51am On Aug 12, 2020
eaddyboy:
Some names do appeal to end users if it is in plural form like "Sales" compared to "Sale"

For instance I think "ChickenSales" in King appeals more than "ChickenSale" in King

Just my thoughts though... You can gamble on it though and it sales wink but like our Ogas will always say, domain value lies in the eyes of the buyer! Goodluck
You're correct bro sales is preferred to sale. We have salesboy salesagent and not the other way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ollybode(m): 10:58am On Aug 12, 2020
Promxy94:
Public opinion needed..

Register the singular to be secured cos the buyer may want to settle for it, if your asking is high to him.
And alternatively you may add it as bundle pack and jack up the price a little bite. He might be interested in taken the the two.

If it's he uses GoDaddy broker is a serious buyer because he must have paid brokerage fee before you are contacted.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by zanebaddo(m): 11:11am On Aug 12, 2020
2sexycom:

Someone actually liked that post and that was what led me to it and read everything I wrote that day until it got to the last line... Chai, I pause, read am again and then quoted it.

I have seen people with money wey no fit use am cos of one bad sickness wey no get cure.

Na so I read how one billionaire in dollars lost everything.. Everything damn thing a flash.

The billionaire wrote it himself on Quora and that post is the best post I have ever read on Quora.

Make we just dey pray for guidance cos this life... D life no send any of us, at least it is biggest lesson for me particularly.

Una good morning oo
baba you once sold familyplumbing.com for 1k dolls, was it outbound?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tranxo(m): 11:11am On Aug 12, 2020
Sales (many items) in one context is the plural of Sale (one item).

In another context, Sale is simply indicating a promo/discount offer - Products/Product on Sale.

A business that is into multiple items AND whose products are not on sale (promo/discount) MAY not be interested in Sale.

Sale in the context of a promo/discount is usually a seasonal thing - not an every day part of a business.

But then, this is domaining - a place where surprises are phenomenal.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ib4real95(m): 11:25am On Aug 12, 2020
Astrabot:
Hello, please is there anyone that would like to do outbound, you'd get 30% if it sells... thanks
Hit me up on WhatsApp
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by johnoj24(m): 11:29am On Aug 12, 2020
2sexycom:

I have seen people with money wey no fit use am cos of one bad sickness wey no get cure.

Na so I read how one billionaire in dollars lost everything.. Everything damn thing a flash.

The billionaire wrote it himself on Quora and that post is the best post I have ever read on Quora.

Make we just dey pray for guidance cos this life... D life no send any of us, at least it is biggest lesson for me particularly.

Una good morning oo
True talk @bold

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Promxy94(m): 11:31am On Aug 12, 2020
Hello Thanks for all your inputs, and advices.
I just registered the singular "sale".

Let's see how it goes BY GOD GRACE.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by johnoj24(m): 11:35am On Aug 12, 2020
Promxy94:
Public opinion needed..

I will advice you to add the singular to your portfolio, if possible pitch to the same buyer.
Thanks, my God live too.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by jamih: 11:37am On Aug 12, 2020
Promxy94:
Hello Thanks for all your inputs, and advices.
I just registered the singular "sale".

Let's see how it goes BY GOD GRACE.
Baba' u've done the right thing, another company might come for it.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by 2sexycom(m): 11:53am On Aug 12, 2020
zanebaddo:
baba you once sold familyplumbing.com for 1k dolls, was it outbound?
na outbound oo. na last year paroles
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by zanebaddo(m): 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
2sexycom:
na outbound oo. na last year paroles
shocked
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by 2sexycom(m): 12:22pm On Aug 12, 2020
Heyzee5:

Boss, pls can you point me in the direction of that post? I go like learn from his wisdom/mistake.

There is no directly link and it took me time to find it sha... It is long and if any of you have time, please spare and read.

I'm usually very active in Quora and always use my real name, but I just can't bare say my name for what I'm about to describe.

The moment I saw "What is it like to be broke after being a billionaire" my heart broke. I've been in denial for 3 years. This Quora title was a reality kick in the ass for me because it really resonates with what's happening to me:

We still have it all. There's the yacht, the island in the Caribbean, the Miami apartment, the 3,500 feet mansion, the 3,000 feet Penthouse, the 430, the Porsche, the 7 series, the Centurion card, the bodyguards, the assistants, the image: all so superficial, but so addictive, fun, and reassuring.

Turns out I'm still living the dream. However, it's a dream with an expiration date that's just around the corner and it's breathing down my neck. It will happen any time soon: I'm losing it. All. It's just a matter of waiting for the bank to finish paperwork and decide it's time to sell all my properties. I'm going broke, the bank is taking it all. As we speak.

I'm in a weird state of trance and denial. I still have the chance to look at my room, my billiard table, my gym, my jacuzzi, my immense bed, my statues, and very importantly, my view: the beautiful cityscape I see every dawn and every nightfall, along with an immense spherical sky that forms alien and magical colors generated by the clouds, the sun, the mountains, and can only be seen from that high up.

Only a few months back, it all felt so obvious, so granted, so certain, so normal. Now, it feels so slippery, so temporary, so full of anxiety, so melancholic. It's a weird kind of grief. I still get to see the grandiosity of what I have, while knowing it will all be gone soon. And even though I've already begun losing some things which were not so evident in my daily life (like cars and homes in other cities), I know I will soon have no more properties or conforts than any average person. I'm still numb to the fact I'm going to live in a small rented apartment somewhere with no chauffeur, no maid, maybe some car I can manage to save from the bank, and probably that's all. Trust me, after having had such a lavish lifestyle thinking about having to do it all yourself again feels symbolically hard. It generates an immense sense of frustration and failure.

The social aspect is particularly difficult. I'm not sure how I'm going to have to respond to questions I will be confronted with every day. My friends will continue to ask about my properties, and will continue to suggest we travel and plan trips to my properties, which were long time traditions among those close to me. Things like yacht trips and vacation trips to my properties will be proposed and asked by my friends for years, especially while the rumor spreads and the word about me being broke is out. What will I tell them? "Sorry, I'm broke now, I no longer own any of that." How the hell will I confront those situations with those other rich friends I have when I'm invited to fancy diners or fancy nightclubs on vip bottle service? This might all sound very superficial, and believe me, it is. However, it's tougher than it sounds. It's something that generates some strange and hard feelings inside you.

Human beings are very capable of adapting and I'm sure I'll be fine. What hunts me is the risk I now have. Now I feel I have no floor.

Sure, I'll greatly miss Dom Perignon, but what I feel I'll miss the most is the security I had about my future, or what I referred to as my floor. When you're wealthy, it's actually like any other life circumstance: you eventually get used to it. I'm not saying that taking your sports car for a drive on Sundays isn't nice, I'm just saying that just as you sometimes enjoy your fancy car, you often just drive it like you'd drive a Ford full speed when you're running late for something. The last thing you'll do on a daily basis is appreciate the beauty of the dashboard of your Porsche. Life inside a luxury car ends up being the same, not much cooler. And knowing that helps me cope (and I hope it helps every non-rich person who thinks there's some kind of epiphany that automatically makes you become a happy person when you become rich. There isn't). I know that reaching wealth and success only contributes a certain amount of satisfaction to your life. Not nearly enough to depend on it. You still feel lonely sometimes and search for real authentic friends, you still have trouble hooking up with great people, you feel everybody automatically and falsely likes you (gold-diggers are very real). Money doesn't solve all your problems, really.

I think the kind of satisfaction wealth bring in terms of immediate happiness is comparable to the effects of a short-burst drug. When you use your toys (cars, watches, shopping, traveling, etc) it feels good for a limited time of dopamine release. Depending on what you're doing, it may have a minute-long effect or sometimes in extreme cases it can have an hour-long or hours-long effect. But it is not a constant thing. Money does buys happiness, but only for short amounts of time. Definitely nothing that you can sustain your entire happiness on.

So you asked for it. How was it like to be broke after being ultra-rich. And there you got your answer.

Now I want to add something which is more important than what it feels like. It's what I'm going to do about it.

I've learned a lot, and I have not even gone through the entire process. But I'm already certain about something. I'm standing up again. And standing tall. I know happiness is not in the simple fact of having back all material things. But I do know it will be a hell of a ride and the process of working towards getting back what I once had will generate lots of happiness. I cannot guarantee I will have success. But I can guarantee I am committed to achieving it and will work persistantly until I do. Because I want to regain my security and because I love to be an entrepreneur. Not to say Dom Perignon was so damn good, actually smiley I might take one bottle that I still have in my cellar and save it for a day in which I can positively answer I regained my security.

Life has given me a chance to value what I'm losing so that I can truly value it when I have it back.

I am not here to narrate fairy tales and say getting broke is easy or that I'm always smiling about the fact I'm now broke. It's obviously not easy, hence this question itself. However, I can attest to the fact that filling myself with passion for my new future is what is guiding me through this hell. Passion lets me see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Worst case scenario: I can sell my Rolex and AP watches and build many MVPs until I find an interesting idea and start developing it. Signing off now. I need to build a product that changes the world.

"Don't cry for money. It never cries for you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Thank you for your interest in my story, and more importantly, for your support. You guys have moved me and inspired me further. Some of you were interested in understanding how it is possible to lose such a large fortune. So I wanted to share this part of the story with you.

When you deal with very large enterprises and develop projects that involve millions, a bad decision can cost you awfully. I delegated too much and left basic (yet crucial) financial decisions to inexperienced people.

I built an empire from the ground up, and then felt I had reached success. I felt confortable and was increasingly overlooking many aspects of my companies by simply trusting my employees while I focussed on the larger vision.

As it turns out, these people were making VERY costly mistakes. Mistakes that would later unexpectedly be discovered at a terrible timing where it was already too late. My team screwed up some basic arithmetic that led to my financial fall. Unfortunately those arithmetic errors would eventually mean hundreds of millions in loss. More importantly, it meant I needed hundreds of millions in cash, in a very short amount of time. Initially it seemed like only a $15M problem, which appeared completely manageable: I had the means to cover this, even though it was definitely a bad thing for my image and reputation.

One of our managers had under-budgeted a $90M project. We needed another $15M to deliver. At the time, we had at least 5 other multi-million dollar projects running.

Then, my wife divorced me. I lost a large portion of my net worth during that process.

Parallel to all this, my high reputation really started to be affected by the problems generated by the troubled project I mentioned before. Investors were angry, many wanted their money back, many sued me.

I hope the story would've finished there. The press gave me the final shot to the head. Haters managed to get the mainstream media interested in my problem. The media wrote terrible articles about me and my companies. They would speculate and be imprecise. They would doubt me and would doubt my ability. They transmitted this to the public and public humiliation started to take place. They could not understand such a big mistake.

This all led to some major investors in the other 5 multi-million projects to back out, leaving the company even more desperate for resources in order to deliver the pending projects. Nobody wanted to invest in me, the media had created an image of uncertainty. Most investors would rather just invest in other projects without scandals.

I desperately needed resources to finish projects worth hundreds of millions. So I had to use my own wealth to finish these projects, and that truly shrinked my net worth. Selling helped a lot and let me finish SOME of these projects.

But then came my burial. Some of the remaining projects were backed up by banks (credit). I had never doubted I would be able to pay those loans back. After all I was worth hundreds of millions and my companies extremely profitable. But timing was not on my side: many of those big loans were due exactly during the time of my financial crisis.

I had lost about half my fortune in my divorce. I had lost 15M initially. Then I had to use my own net worth to finish projects worth hundreds of millions. I was already in big trouble and had lost too much. And on top of that, I needed to pay the bank more millions.

So I tried to negotiate with the bank, as I did not have the cash to pay them back at the moment. I was hoping they would accept some properties, excluding those that were most important to me (those I used most often like my own home). Or maybe they would renegotiate the loan and give me more time. Unfortunately, they found my offers and proposals useless and said they would initiate a legal process against me unless I did not give them basically everything I had left. They had no mercy. I was against the wall and had no option. I had to accept their terms and sign a document virtually transferring all my properties to them. Signing that document was the worst signature I've ever made. The most painful signature imaginable. I was signing my faith of becoming broke. I was giving up being wealthy.

I'll never forget what I felt when I exited that building. Officially, I had nothing now. 1 hour before, I was still wealthy. I physically felt the weight of my wealth disappearing. I suddenly felt lighter. It felt as if wealth was a weight in your back or shoulders that had been removed.

The bank decided to sell most of the properties. And that's all happening within 1-3 months. It's just a matter of them being able to find buyers. When they do, I'll be out of my home and the rest of my remaining properties for good.

You might be wondering what an idiot I am for hiring such bad personnel who couldn't even add up some basic budgets and realize there was an issue. And to be honest, I have a hard time forgiving myself for not supervising all fundamental aspects of my company when I had the chance. But as to the specific person (the manager) who actually was responsible for managing and supervising budgets, I have absolutely no anger towards. He is my son. And he clearly lacked my guidance. It was definitely not his fault. His profesional life is only beginning and he must not feel guilty or overwhelmed by this situation. He deserves many more opportunities in life. God bless him.

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-is-it-like-to-be-broke-after-being-a-billionaire

22 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by 2sexycom(m): 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2020
eaddyboy:

It is the general rule. In business or commerce, plural is more fitting than singular.

Cars.com is better than car.com

Shoes.com is better than Shoe.com

Foods.com is better than food.com

and on it goes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by rotwailler(m): 12:40pm On Aug 12, 2020
INKNATION HAS BEEN LAUNCHED TODAY AUGUST 12.

CHECK MY SIGNATURE AND WHATSAPP ME FOR ACTIVATION.

INKNATION IS TO ERADICATE POVERTY FROM NIGERIA AND THE WORLD.

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by EGUNSOLA14: 12:45pm On Aug 12, 2020
2sexycom:

There is no directly link and it took me time to find it sha... It is long and if any of you have time, please spare and read.

Source: https://www.quora.com/What-is-it-like-to-be-broke-after-being-a-billionaire
this is heart breaking! I wished him best of luck in life ahead!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by eaddyboy: 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2020
2sexycom:

Wow! everything gone just like that... I smiled to myself when he didn't lash on his son like what our typical African fathers would do yet he sounded so determined and focused to get back to his former heights! I wish him the best as I believe he will definitely return to the heights he was before.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Mrblaze06: 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2020
2sexycom:

It is the general rule. In business or commerce, plural is more fitting than singular.

Cars.com is better than car.com

Shoes.com is better than Shoe.com

Foods.com is better than food.com

and on it goes
what of rental vs rentals?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ewizard1: 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2020
Sadiq3051:
so I say make I do geo, all the names I watchlist was caught by dropcatch.. which kind wahala be this o..... lol

I learnt one can catch away from dropcatch. I caught a domain that was later tagged "Caugth Domain" but its cooling in my portfolio.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by CornOak(m): 1:29pm On Aug 12, 2020
ewizard1:

I learnt one can catch away from dropcatch. I caught a domain that was later tagged "Caugth Domain" but its cooling in my portfolio.

That's why you are truly an E–Wizard. cheesy

Bros "wizard," abeg show us the way. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Ibrixy: 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2020
ewizard1:

Senior man, show us the way na cheesy

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Opistorincos(m): 1:52pm On Aug 12, 2020
Sales Report

OregonWoodFloors.com
Price: $100
Venue: Dan
Hold time: 3 Weeks

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by kenralph(m): 1:57pm On Aug 12, 2020
Anyone else got a message from GTB saying that the monthly spending limit on cards is now $100 ?

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Jerry59: 1:59pm On Aug 12, 2020
2sexycom:

wow touching and educative... thanks for sharing

(1) (2) (3) ... (1835) (1836) (1837) (1838) (1839) (1840) (1841) ... (3314) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.