Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,426 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (2890) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3532387 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2887) (2888) (2889) (2890) (2891) (2892) (2893) ... (3310) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by symbuul: 9:14am On Jul 03, 2022
Learner47:

Congrats on ur sale. For some one that sold a name for 7K and another name for 18K I don't think you need this thread again.

From ur post...u r already a veteran domainer. An expert also in negotiation.

Some of us in this thread like me...are still dreaming to make 2K sale.

I think what u need is to enroll for DNAcademy. Ur skills done done pass this thread. I don't have enough fund to enroll for it yet.

In the spirit of giving back, can u please share the names sold. And from which market place u got them. And what you look at in buying your names. And the names in ur portfolio were they for personal projects. Thank you.

Small small bros grin

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Carmal90(m): 9:22am On Jul 03, 2022
Learner47:

This guy. Similar story with Cashew.

My own is make him com drop d sales

Toorr
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Promxy94(m): 9:26am On Jul 03, 2022
Cashew:
Thank you for your response, I got to this thread due to some events, unlike many here who are completely new to buying and selling of domains, I have been involved for many years but never really saw the 'business' side of it.

Let me take time to share my experience selling 2 domains.

I started getting interested in this by accident, sometime in 2021 I got a call from a godaddy rep that someone was interested in one of my domains, he said the person made an offer for $2000, jokingly I told him that people had called me for $7000 and I rejected, he said ok he would contact the buyer, never heard back from the guy for like 2 weeks.

He sent me an email if I would let it go for $5000, told him NO , 5 days or so later he emailed that the buyer had agreed to pay the $7000. I asked if i will be getting exact $7k, as I did not want a single deduction. He said yes the buyer would be paying all fees. The wire transfer got to my account 2 days after I clicked "I agree" in the link he sent me.

Fast forward to June 3, 2022 or there about, I checked an email I had not checked in weeks, saw an email from one company called afternic asking me if I was interested selling a 6 letter domain for a lower amount than I listed on godaddy. I listed it with no real intention of selling, just wanted to see what would happen, listed it for $18,000 over a year ago. I replied NO again as I wanted to stick to the $18k.

I kept refreshing that mail nearly every 5 hrs. About 5 days later, they said your domain is sold I logged into my account and saw a totally different amount from the 18k, keep in mind these mails were all coming from the afternic company, went to the site and discovered it was owned by godaddy.

I called when I figured out that these guys deducted $1000+15%, I told them I wanted to change my mind regarding the sale, he said no that I already added a buy it now price on godaddy that as a matter of fact the funds have been initiated on their end to my account.

My search online brought me to this thread which led me to asking many of the questions I am asking. I became more curious after this last sale, as I am now seeing the business side of this.

Now I am interested in getting deep into the business.

I hope you now understand the reason for my "calm questions".

If this story you penned down here is true, i tell you that domaining is your calling, invest your time in it, and you are already Like TonyNames.

Secondly what ever niche you are in, or how you select your names thumbs up to that knowledge. It is showing you are good on names selection.

5 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Learner47: 9:30am On Jul 03, 2022
Rwshd:

Hi @Learner47

Do you state your asking price in your initial emails? Would you mind sharing a sample of your sales email, too?

Thanks

Yes I state. I don already share more than 10 sales template for dix thread. Many sales letter flying in this thread. Many sales letter from a simple google search, many sales letter in Namepros, abdulbasith blog, Yogi solanki blog, Ikhalyfah blog sales letter gig for 5k in Fiverr or upwork...etc

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Rwshd: 9:44am On Jul 03, 2022
Learner47:

Yes I state. I don already share more than 10 sales template for dix thread. Many sales letter flying in this thread. Many sales letter from a simple google search, many sales letter in Namepros, abdulbasith blog, Yogi solanki blog, Ikhalyfah blog sales letter gig for 5k in Fiverr or upwork...etc

Thanks so much, bro. I'll try to find those shared templates you referred to.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Learner47: 9:54am On Jul 03, 2022
Rwshd:

Thanks so much, bro. I'll try to find those shared templates you referred to.

It's very easy to quickly stack up info. Any person u feel inspired by their methods or strategy...just browse all their previous post from when they started till present. There would be gems to stackup.

That is after u have gotten the general idea reading a considerable number of pages for some months.

For Geos: alawik5, promxy94, Ikhalyfah awesomeduru, elonsmosque, Ikpromotions etc.

For Brandable: Beckplanet, icausetrouble, haykay2005, budosky, branduche, farouksenior, 2sexy,

Today Sunday I'm currently also revising all Beckplanet post again. Jotting stuff down.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by beckplanet: 10:21am On Jul 03, 2022
Cashew:
Hi there,

I noticed in one of your posts that you have over 1k portfolio, would it not make sense to post them on a web page and advertise the page with the hope of finding buyers.

In other words set up your own market place.

Just thinking, what do others think

Please note, I am specifically talking about the brandable market

Most of my names are on Squadhelp and Afternic. That's enough publicity for me.
1. Squadhelp for exposure to the real end users who understands how to use a brandable market to find names to buy. (Although the market is saturated this days.)

2. And Afternic for random buyers who type in a name on the registrar search and just click buy now because my afternic buy now price reflects on most registrars due to the Fast transfer network they operate on. (Afternic have a network of registrars they collaborate with so when a buyer types a name on those registrars instead of it to reflect "name registered" or "the reg fee" it'll reflect the price the name was listed for on Afternic.) thats why a lot of sales happens there because of these partnered networks with registrars they've created.

So I do not need an extra individual marketplace to advertise my names because brandable names hardly drives traffic on their own except on rare occasions. But if having a separate marketplace is a must or very necessary to a brandable seller maybe they can explore the squadhelp whitelabel marketplace as a third option. Hope that helps to answer your questions.

Peace smiley

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Rwshd: 11:20am On Jul 03, 2022
Learner47:

It's very easy to quickly stack up info. Any person u feel inspired by their methods or strategy...just browse all their previous post from when they started till present. There would be gems to stackup.

Today Sunday I'm currently also revising all Beckplanet post again. Jotting stuff down.
Happy Sunday revision!

Thanks for taking out the time to respond to a newbie, @Learner47 (formerly pwetie grin). I observed how you and ikhalyfah started at around the same time. You guys are killing it already. That name Fort//Lauderdale//Landscaping, why would you avoid it? I would really love to know, please. Let me learn from my errors in judgment, in case there were. I hopefully await your reply.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by therealMcCain: 11:42am On Jul 03, 2022
Cashew:
Hi there,

I noticed in one of your posts that you have over 1k portfolio, would it not make sense to post them on a web page and advertise the page with the hope of finding buyers.

In other words set up your own market place.

Just thinking, what do others think

Please note, I am specifically talking about the brandable market

The Trust factor will prevent you from having your own marketplace. Except you then redirect them back to other marketplace or escrow.com

Would love to know the 2 names you used as examples & it appears you have been into this for a long time
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Crazeworld(m): 12:27pm On Jul 03, 2022
Learner47:

Another Nigerian Tony about to emerge. Finger crossed.
I swear. That was what came to my mind immediately I read the post. Cashew kindly share with us the names you sold and for how long you've been registering domain names.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Crazeworld(m): 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2022
Carmal90:

Tell me about the first Tony.
Never heard about him.
Said he didn't know there is a business which involves selling domain names even though he has been registering domain names for long.

COVID 19 made him discover domaining and now he's killing it. He announced this month that he has crossed over $200k in sales this year.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by id911(m): 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2022
Crazeworld:
Said he didn't know there is a business which involves selling domain names even though he has been registering domain names for long.

COVID 19 made him discover domaining and now he's killing it. He announced this month that he has crossed over $200k in sales this year.

Tony said he started domaining fully with $15k. If I have 15k USD as the base capital to invest in this business, without being immodest, I'd certainly also be making meaningful sales because I know the type of domain names to invest in.

6 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Carmal90(m): 12:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
Crazeworld:

I know him, I thought we have another Nigerian making those sales..
Last last everybody will make it.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Crazeworld(m): 12:57pm On Jul 03, 2022
id911:

Tony said he started domaining fully with $15k. If I have 15k USD as the base capital to invest in this business, without being immodest, I'd certainly also be making meaningful sales because I know that type of domain names to invest in.
That is because you've gained knowledge through experience. Money is important so is the knowledge.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Carmal90(m): 1:02pm On Jul 03, 2022
id911:

Tony said he started domaining fully with $15k. If I have 15k USD as the base capital to invest in this business, without being immodest, I'd certainly also be making meaningful sales because I know that type of domain names to invest in.

That is roughly 18 million?

True true, domaining alone is ok if done right..
If I invest that Kain money,hmmm

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by id911(m): 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
Carmal90:

That is roughly 18 million?

True true, domaining alone is ok if done right..
If I invest that Kain money,hmmm

Sure...but something like 9m tho

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by id911(m): 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
Crazeworld:
That is because you've gained knowledge through experience. Money is important so is the knowledge.

That's true. I'm still learning because the world itself is a school, we learn everyday but I've got reasonable knowledge in this business to do well if I have the type of capital some of these guys have.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Domainer1999: 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2022
Domaining is capital intensive.
I know the number of names I've lost because I don't have money to reg them.
Even lost some to registras and they put it at premium purchase.

id911:

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Learner47: 1:59pm On Jul 03, 2022
id911:

Brother I don't think money is d factor. If money was d factor everyone 4 done blow for domaining.

It's combination of knowledge, experience+luck+Timing+ Showing up every day+luck (God factor...those that believe in God)

And then

MONEY

If it was money all of us go go sell all our properties, borrow, loan etc to raise provided u r 100percent sure u go sell.

That feeling of not being 100 percent sure is what separate us from the veterans.

Imagine Braden Pollock..like 3 months back bought this name: **agentive*" for 5K USD...that's around 3million.

And sold it in 3 months for 65K around 40million.

If na money ...I'm sure there r ppl in this thread that when they sell their cars...house....etc or go borrow loan can afford 3M. And I'm very sure that there r ppl that can throw 3M without feeling an itch in this same thread

I don't think is MONEY...na Sabi...I swear I no sabi anything for this business.

It's just like this PES game...there r some pros those days if u dare challenge them u must collect like 5 zeros...some will even wait after 85mintutes and score u like 4 to 5 goals...be4 90 minutes...that kind of vibe

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by James39: 2:37pm On Jul 03, 2022
Learner47:

Brother I don't think money is d factor. If money was d factor everyone 4 done blow for domaining.

It's combination of knowledge, experience+luck+Timing+ Showing up every day+luck (God factor...those that believe in God)

And then

MONEY

If it was money all of us go go sell all our properties, borrow, loan etc to raise provided u r 100percent sure u go sell.

That feeling of not being 100 percent sure is what separate us from the veterans.

Imagine Braden Pollock..like 3 months back bought this name: **agentive*" for 5K USD...that's around 3million.

If na money ...I'm sure there r ppl in this thread that when they sell their cars...house....etc or go borrow loan can afford 3M. And I'm very sure that there r ppl that can throw 3M without feeling an itch in this same thread

I don't think is MONEY...na Sabi...I swear I no sabi anything for this business.

It's just like this PES game...there r some pros those days if u dare challenge them u must collect like 5 zeros...some will even wait after 85mintutes and score u like 4 to 5 goals...be4 90 minutes...that kind of vibe

This your last paragraph ehhh... grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 2:51pm On Jul 03, 2022
Crazeworld:
There is only a thin line between creativity and stupidity.
Oboi grin grin grin grin
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Domainer1999: 2:53pm On Jul 03, 2022
You don't get it.
Do you have $5k to buy same?
That's it, you need to have a stable capital like $10k to invest in good names.
There are some that can also identify good names, but money is their barrier.

Learner47:

And then

MONEY

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by viktor88: 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2022
id911:

Tony is a different beast.

People with far more capital than him didn't have the kind of success that he's having considering that it's even his first or second year.

What I know about us, most of us don't even have plan to scale up in this business and leave Geo for upcoming domainers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Learner47: 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2022
Domainer1999:
You don't get it.
Do you have $5k to buy same?
That's it, you need to have a stable capital like $10k to invest in good names.
There are some that can also identify good names, but money is their barrier.

Money isnt the factor. Money isn't the factor. If money was the factor everyone will be rich.

It would surprise you that these guy's like abdulbasith, Tony, Braden Pollock, Ammar Cuba etc if they were to go back to zero in few months give them a laptop, data u'd b surprised to see them at the very top again.

If I have 20K in USD right now. I won't be confident to throw it because I don't have d knowledge nor experience.

I can only be confident enough to put it into something I understand the ins and outs.

Let make small example:

Someone like Ikpromotions now, I bet u...strip him of all the money, give him 10K in Naira, a laptop nd data to only buy 2 geo domains..And u will surprised in few months to see him at the very top again. You can't say that for a newbie or regular geo domainer that has just a year of experience.

Some of these veterans u see have 20+ years in domaining..

We will keep making excuses that is money...but domaining is like every other business out there...if it was just money with some knowledge everybody for done blow...

How many ppl today have money, hv won jackpots, bets etc but went to zero again...

One thing for sure you can't deceive the UNIVERSE. There are some special laws that govern how things work...if it were money that was d hindrance everyone will be at the top..

9 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Learner47: 3:51pm On Jul 03, 2022
viktor88:

Tony is a different beast.

People with far more capital than him didn't have the kind of success that he's having considering that it's even his first or second year.

What I know about us, most of us don't even have plan to scale up in this business and leave Geo for upcoming domainers.

Exactly...u nailed it.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Mrblaze06: 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2022
Please does anyone knows if zenith bank increase their spending limit from $20 to $100 too?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by id911(m): 4:09pm On Jul 03, 2022
Learner47:

And then

MONEY

I quite agree with you to some extent.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Rankett: 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2022
For me, it's money and money and money.

As we already know that domaining is a game of numbers combined with quality.

You just need to create a system for yourself, buy domains you shall surely renew if it doesn't sell the first, second year. This ensures you get the most quality Domain names in your portfolio.

Currently looking to reduce geo domains in the coming year, only planning to keep some geo domains with great keywords ( in the real estate niche, dentistry niche and some other great niches that I will continue to renew). In sha Allah.

Make somebody give me 20k FESS

4 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by kennypoka2(m): 5:24pm On Jul 03, 2022
Learner47:

Money isnt the factor. Money isn't the factor. If money was the factor everyone will be rich.

It would surprise you that these guy's like abdulbasith, Tony, Braden Pollock, Ammar Cuba etc if they were to go back to zero in few months give them a laptop, data u'd b surprised to see them at the very top again.

If I have 20K in USD right now. I won't be confident to throw it because I don't have d knowledge nor experience.

I can only be confident enough to put it into something I understand the ins and outs.

Let make small example:

Someone like Ikpromotions now, I bet u...strip him of all the money, give him 10K in Naira, a laptop nd data to only buy 2 geo domains..And u will surprised in few months to see him at the very top again. You can't say that for a newbie or regular geo domainer that has just a year of experience.

We will keep making excuses that is money...but domaining is like every other business out there...if it was just money with some knowledge everybody for done blow...

How many ppl today have money, hv won jackpots, bets etc but went to zero again...

One thing for sure you can't deceive the UNIVERSE. There are some special laws that govern how things work...if it were money that was d hindrance everyone will be at the top..

This makes a lot of sense. Money is important basically but you need to have the knowledge (which helps your confidence) to invest in the domains that will sell. That's where knowledge is importanter

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Rankett: 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
id911:

id911:

I quite agree with you to some extent.

Your point was actually clear here. You know what names to invest in so If you have that 15k USD, you're ready to go on and make meaningful investments.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by eduevolutionnow(m): 5:48pm On Jul 03, 2022
Learner47:

Let make small example:

You are very correct. I made over $10k selling geo last year but i never expanded my knowledge, rather i stucked with what i knew. If i had expanded my knowledge last year i would have branched into brandables with that money and made more. Money is imporatant but there other factors that money can't buy in domaining.

7 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by kennypoka2(m): 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2022
Cashew:
Thank you for your response, I got to this thread due to some events, unlike many here who are completely new to buying and selling of domains, I have been involved for many years but never really saw the 'business' side of it.

Let me take time to share my experience selling 2 domains.

I started getting interested in this by accident, sometime in 2021 I got a call from a godaddy rep that someone was interested in one of my domains, he said the person made an offer for $2000, jokingly I told him that people had called me for $7000 and I rejected, he said ok he would contact the buyer, never heard back from the guy for like 2 weeks.

He sent me an email if I would let it go for $5000, told him NO , 5 days or so later he emailed that the buyer had agreed to pay the $7000. I asked if i will be getting exact $7k, as I did not want a single deduction. He said yes the buyer would be paying all fees. The wire transfer got to my account 2 days after I clicked "I agree" in the link he sent me.

Fast forward to June 3, 2022 or there about, I checked an email I had not checked in weeks, saw an email from one company called afternic asking me if I was interested selling a 6 letter domain for a lower amount than I listed on godaddy. I listed it with no real intention of selling, just wanted to see what would happen, listed it for $18,000 over a year ago. I replied NO again as I wanted to stick to the $18k.

I kept refreshing that mail nearly every 5 hrs. About 5 days later, they said your domain is sold I logged into my account and saw a totally different amount from the 18k, keep in mind these mails were all coming from the afternic company, went to the site and discovered it was owned by godaddy.

I called when I figured out that these guys deducted $1000+15%, I told them I wanted to change my mind regarding the sale, he said no that I already added a buy it now price on godaddy that as a matter of fact the funds have been initiated on their end to my account.

My search online brought me to this thread which led me to asking many of the questions I am asking. I became more curious after this last sale, as I am now seeing the business side of this.

Now I am interested in getting deep into the business.

I hope you now understand the reason for my "calm questions".

I will like to know the names before I say anything. Please let's know the names of both domains.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2887) (2888) (2889) (2890) (2891) (2892) (2893) ... (3310) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: GladmanGoddey(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.