Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. (3393 Views)

What Is The Best Way To Handle Marital Troubles? Who Do You Talk To? / I Had A Child With My Brother's Ex Wife. Please Read And Advice Me / Divorce Should Not Always Be Solution To Marital Troubles - Bamisepeter's Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by julimartins(f): 8:18pm On Oct 29, 2016
So i was sitting under a mango tree discussing with my mom when this woman came to ask if she could join us because of the hot sun and we offered her a seat.......i and my mom were talking about a family friend who secretly married another wife because his wife could not bear a male child although she had three beautiful grown girls.....she felt really bad and decided to join us in the discussion and she started thus:

So a man can leave his wife simply because she could not bear a male child in this modern age She asked and continued....i was living peacefully with my husband but after been married to him for four years and there was no child things started turning upside down,i used to work in abuja airport then and i was very wealthy,i had a bar,a restaurant and other side businesses although i and my husband run the business together because as at that time my husband was not earning much then, but everyone thought it was his money because i was never proud about my wealth,i would pay my husband's siblings school fees,send them pocket money till they graduated,i got a job for his sister as an air hostess and she was earning well,i also got a job for his younger brother....then i used to send his mother wrappers but she would always check the edge of the wrapper to see if it is of high quality,she just never appreciated me,she even told me that i am just enjoying her son's money,driving his car with nothing to show for it,she was really a hardnut to crack,not knowing it was my money.

I and my husband decided to go for medical check up and it was really expensive and i footed the bills,although we were medically ok,,,,,So time went by and the pressure became much on my husband from the family,so i told them that if they want to bring a new wife that they should,i would whole heartedly accept her,but the family members said nooo that they cant do such because it was not right,meanwhile they have started the preparations to get him a new wife long before then.

Time went by and my once lovely husband started beating me,started drinking,keeping late nights,i was patient all through but the beating became too much that he would use whatever he lays his hands on to beat me,he would threaten to hang me on the ceiling fan and kill me,most times i do run outside or lock myself up in the toilet till the next morning,everything became sour,there was a day he beat me so much and hit my head,that was the day i ran out of the house with just the clothes i was putting on because anytime he wants to beat me he would call my sister and tell her that he wants to start beating me then he would switch off the phone and seize it....and i could not go back home because i was too scared to go back.

I cried and cried,i wondered why these things were happening to me,i prayed to God for the fruit of the womb,i prayed and fasted for God to give me even if its one child to call my own,i begged for forgiveness if i have sinned against God,,,,i started having mental problems because of the way he hit my head,i went to the hospital to get medications,i became depressed and since then i have been liviing on anti-depressants and alcohol just to calm down,i could not sleep in the night due to thinking,i had no father nor mother,my siblings cared less because they had thier family to face,i was all alone with no one to talk to,i bottled up the pains to myself and it caused alot of damages to my health.

Along the line,i lost my job,my money vanished,i barely feed now,sometimes even to get #10 for water is a major problem,i was too weak to bear the heartbreak........and as for my ex-husband,he is now married with two kids and he is the manager of a big hotel around here,nobody would believe he was once my husband,i called him and congratulated him on his new family,i told him i was happy for him and that i wished him all the best......

And now i'm here all alone,starving,jobless and very scared to even go into another relationship....the most painful thing is that all these things happened during my productive years as a young beautiful lady....i was running a second degree in a federal university but i could not finish due to all this problem....

And finally she said 'i feel really relieved talking to you people,i guess what made me lose direction was that i was neglected and had no one to talk to,now that i have shared my pains i feel really relieved,madam you are indeed blessed for having children around you to call your own,and she gave me alot of advice about marriage,she told me to be patienr,not to be competitive cos my friends are married,and to pray for a Good man.

i felt really bad for her,though she looked unkept,i never knew she once owned cars,once had millions running in her account,her english was too fluent for her looks.It was indeed a heartbreaking tale that touches deep beneath the heart...Only God knows tomorrow...
Thank you for reading
i would appreciate if the mods could help me move this to the front page

2 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by donbenedict(m): 8:36pm On Oct 29, 2016
Eya
Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Dyt(f): 9:04pm On Oct 29, 2016
Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Collenshy2020(m): 9:23pm On Oct 29, 2016
chai, i'm short of words... Very touching scenario.

1 Like

Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
@op, after all said and done , what have you learnt from what she said and most importantly what assistance did you render to her to show her love.
I believe God sent her to assdress some issues you are questioning God for( think deep)

Pls if you still have that woman within your reach show her love( she needs It more than ever) this should be the kind of people that actually needs our help both financially and other wise other than some lazy set of people .

11 Likes

Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Ginaz(f): 10:59pm On Oct 29, 2016
I almost wept for her, it's appalling how something as good as love could turn bad, how love could turn to hatred.

My advise to ladies it that, you really need to know the man you're marrying, you really need to forget about money, status, facial looks and concentrate on the man he is inside.

Bring topics that brings out the kind of person he is, you are a woman you should be 90% be able to say, "I know what my man can do under any situation ".

Marry a man that blends with your thinking, don't categorized a man base on looks, height, money, or whatever. Marry a man with sense, a man with confidence, a man that can stand on his decision and nobody pushes him around. A man with substances.

It's hard, but when you concentrate on the inside, what's outside becomes secondary.

I hope she recovers, and build her life around. And one more point to take home, don't suffer for anybody, don't allow nobody to treat you less worthy like an animal. Quit when enough is enough!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by julimartins(f): 6:58am On Oct 30, 2016
Godchild2015:
@op, after all said and done , what have you learnt from what she said and most importantly what assistance did you render to her to show her love.
I believe God sent her to assdress some issues you are questioning God for( think deep)

Pls if you still have that woman within your reach show her love( she needs It more than ever) this should be the kind of people that actually needs our help both financially and other wise other than some lazy set of people .
i really learnt alot from her,i thought about it all night,there was really love at first but everything turned sour,what happened to all the promises made while they were still young and dating? How did the love turn sour so early?

I also learnt that patience is key,if the man had been patient who knows maybe God would have answered their prayers,but he was quick to move on with his life and leaving her exposed,and the woman on her part could not bear the heartbreak because she never expected such would happen to her so soon.

I pray to God to hear our prayers about marital choice because it is obviously not a bed of roses

After my mom talked to her to stop alcoholism and try to put herself together and every every,she later left but to our surprise she came back again because she loved our conversation and she has never felt relieved like that before.....i really felt for her.
Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by julimartins(f): 7:07am On Oct 30, 2016
Ginaz:
I almost wept for her, it's appalling how something as good as love could turn bad, how love could turn to hatred.

My advise to ladies it that, you really need to know the man you're marrying, you really need to forget about money, status, facial looks and concentrate on the man he is inside.

Bring topics that brings out the kind of person he is, you are a woman you should be 90% be able to say, "I know what my man can do under any situation ".

Marry a man that blends with your thinking, don't categorized a man base on looks, height, money, or whatever. Marry a man with sense, a man with confidence, a man that can stand on his decision and nobody pushes him around. A man with substances.

It's hard, but when you concentrate on the inside, what's outside becomes secondary.

I hope she recovers, and build her life around. And one more point to take home, don't suffer for anybody, don't allow nobody to treat you less worthy like an animal. Quit when enough is enough!
my dear,everything you have said is the truth.....she allowed the man to know her weaknesses and he trampled on it and now she lost it all due to her low self esteem.....such a beautiful young woman,indeed if you do not hear one's story you would never know what's eating them on the inside

another advice to people out there is to speak up,whatever you are going through,try to share your problems,you dont need to be close to a person to share your problems....her family and friends were not willing to know her plight and that was what ate deep into her.....its indeed quite unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by julimartins(f): 7:08am On Oct 30, 2016
Collenshy2020:
chai, i'm short of words... Very touching scenario.
it's indeed touching
Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by dahmie2013: 7:20am On Oct 30, 2016
When a man starts beating u, it means LEAVE ALREADY. If she had left d man, moved 2 anoda place or stay in a hotel 4 sumtime till she gets a place, she wud have been better off. Imagine, d man has a ne family & she is on d loosing end.
It is well.

1 Like

Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by sisisioge: 7:29am On Oct 30, 2016
Wow! It is well o.

I feel for this woman but her stupidity during her travails is numerous uno. She forgot the golden rule...

His money is ours, mine is mine. No matter how much I contribute to ours, I should still have a substantial mine. E dey for bible.
Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by carammel(f): 8:39am On Oct 30, 2016
She and her money again,the man still treated her that way and is still enjoying freely.

Our mothers and grandmother's were really patient to absolve all these sufferings o, What exactly did she stay for?
Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 30, 2016
sisisioge:
Wow! It is well o.

I feel for this woman but her stupidity during her travails is numerous uno. She forgot the golden rule...

His money is ours, mine is mine. No matter how much I contribute to ours, I should still have a substantial mine. E dey for bible.

cool cool
Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 30, 2016
I really feel bad for this woman, but I hope this story serves as a lesson to women all around. No amount of money you spend on a man and his family will make him love you. Love is not for sale.

This woman was childless , not by any fault of hers. But because she choose to exist in a toxic environment. How will she even conceive under that condition? Now she has transferred her wealth to the man and his family and he has gone to buy a whole new family with her money. And she's jobless, peniless, childless and husbandless. . . . . All because she chose to demean herself and sell her pride for 'love'.

My husband and I have an understanding, my property is my property, his is his. . . Maybe if circumstances were different and his family were different we would do the whole combined husband and wife thing. But the reality is that things are different. Nobody is sure of the next day. God fobid something happens to him tomorrow, I won't want my kids and I to be at the mercy of his family after having contributed to his estate. So I work hard, save my money and invest for my children's future. I've been accused of not being loyal to my husband but I don't care. My children's future is more important to me than being seen as a 'good wife'.

You can't put your happiness in the hands of another human being. . . . Love no reach that one a beg.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 30, 2016
I have always held the belief that any man who lays a finger on his wife-concubine-lover should be captured and flagellated; he should be subjected to the Chinese Water-Drip Torture, then castrated in the public square.

Such a man is no man at all, but a morbidezza, an epicene nimrod, a lunatic sadist, a frustrated loser, an immature jerk, and a weakling who has no business being married.

When one is always in the habit of using his-her knuckles to punch his-her way out of every problem, then such a person is most likely disquiet of mind and in dire need of psychiatric treatment.

The woman in this short narrative is a perfect example of what no woman should be, and that is: ingenuous, stüpid, timid, masochistic — she must have been getting off massively from the blows and biffs that were being generously meted to her.

1 Like

Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 30, 2016
DarkRebel101:
I have always held the belief that any man who lays a finger on his wife-concubine-lover should be captured and flagellated; he should be subjected to the Chinese Water-Drip Torture, then castrated in the public square.

Such a man is no man at all, but a morbidezza, an epicene nimrod, a lunatic sadist, a frustrated loser, an immature jerk, and a weakling who has no business being married.

When one is always in the habit of using his-her knuckles to punch his-her way out of every problem, then such a person is most likely disquiet of mind and in dire need of psychiatric treatment.

The woman in this short narrative is a perfect example of what no woman should be, and that is: ingenuous, stüpid, timid, masochistic — she must have been getting off massively from the blows and biffs that were being generously meted to her.

Adultery is the only grounds for divorce according to some religion - adultery not abuse. undecided
If you keep feeding people with such nonsense from the day they are born, this is what happens.
Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Viking007(m): 11:00am On Oct 30, 2016
Only a mad woman will stay in any abusive marriage.
You married a monster, he treated You like shiit, spent Your money, turned You to his punching bag, and You still remained in the 'marriage'??

Lord have mercy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 30, 2016
Mindfulness:

Adultery is the only grounds for divorce according to some religion - adultery not abuse. undecided
If you keep feeding people with such nonsense from the day they are born, this is what happens.

Not necessarily true. In Judaism for example, there were/are two rabbinic school of thoughts on the issue of divorce. One is Shammai and the other is Hillel. While Shammai permits for the dissolution of a marriage strictly only on the grounds of unfaithfulness, Hillel on the other hand brooks divorce even for matters as trifling as a man looking at his wife askance -- forgive the hyperbole.

Though the Catholic Church does not allow for divorce, it allows for seperation -- to accord both parties time to reconcile their differences, that is if they are reconciliable.

Easy access to divorce is not the ultimate solution. Do you think that it is?

1 Like

Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 30, 2016
DarkRebel101:

Not necessarily true. In Judaism for example, there were/are two rabbinic school of thoughts on the issue of divorce. One is Shammai and the other is Hillel. While Shammai permits for the dissolution of a marriage strictly only on the grounds of unfaithfulness, Hillel on the other hand brooks divorce even for matters as trifling as a man looking at his wife askance -- forgive the hyperbole.

Though the Catholic Church does not allow for divorce, it allows for seperation -- to accord both parties time to reconcile their differences, that is if they are reconciliable.

The Bible / New Testament mentions adultery as the only grounds for divorce, does it not?
So a one night stand weighs more than knocked out teeth or burns or broken limbs. grin undecided
Remind me to laugh.

Easy access to divorce is not the ultimate solution. Do you think that it is?

In her case it would have been.

1 Like

Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Diplomaticbeing(m): 11:42am On Oct 30, 2016
sisisioge:
Wow! It is well o.

I was trying to find a good husband for you, but your opinion in your last paragraph may cause me to change my mind. The first step towards creating a faulty foundation for marriage is abhorring altruism. As painful as it's to live on the offensive side of life instead of the popular defensive side, yet in the end it always worth it . . . As the saying goes "manipulators lose credibility Diplomats gain it."

On the subject under discussion, the tale as narrated is a bit one sided. Until one hears from the two parties involved on a common ground together, one may crucify an innocent man unjustly. For now, OP, it behove on you and your mother to extend any possible kind support to her, to enable her find her feet. What she need now is a human practical support not empty pity.

5 Likes

Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by sisisioge: 11:51am On Oct 30, 2016
Diplomaticbeing:

I was trying to find a good husband for you, but your opinion in your last paragraph may cause me to change my mind. The first step towards creating a faulty foundation for marriage is abhorring altruism. As painful as it's to live on the offensive side of life instead of the popular defensive side, yet in the end it always worth it . . . As the saying goes "manipulators lose credibility Diplomats gain it."

On the subject under discussion, the tale as narrated is a bit one sided. Until one hears from the two parties involved on a common ground together, one may crucify an innocent man unjustly. For now, OP, it behove on you and your mother to extend any possible kind support to her, to enable her find her feet. What she need now is a human practical support not empty pity.

grin grin grin you were trying to find me a husband? Chai! Biko don't relent o abi this is dyt wearing a guy's moniker? Haaaaaa! Catchyah! You forgot to sign out as a male before commenting o tongue tongue tongue
Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Nobody: 11:54am On Oct 30, 2016
Mindfulness:

The Bible / New Testament mentions adultery as the only grounds for divorce, does it not?
So a one night stand weighs more than knocked out teeth or burns or broken limbs. grin undecided
Remind me to laugh.

The Bible as far I am concerned could have been written by Lucifer himself -- you already know that I do not embrace everything in the Bible as gospel, and that I have every Bible verse subjected under the microscopes of skepticism.

To think that what is obtainable in a book that was written several millenniums ago would work like a well-oiled machine in these contemporary times would be to live in a fool's paradise.
The only reason why the rule of adultery as being the only grounds for divorce is found in the bible was because 'divorce' was flagrantly abused in those times. A man would divorce his wife on the basis that she cooks horribly, or that she gives him starfish sex -- when all he really wants is to take up another wife due to his insatiable lust.

I do not even read the OT except for academic purposes -- especially the Pentateuch.

I do wish the Church could be a bit lenient on the issue of divorce -- at least with an eye toward curtailing the recent spate of deaths occasioned by domestic violence.

In her case it would have been.

She could have left the house the moment the marriage became a sport of pugilism.
First things first. Seperation before divorce.

2 Likes

Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 30, 2016
DarkRebel101:

The Bible as far I am concerned could have been written by Lucifer himself -- you already know that I do not embrace everything in the Bible as gospel, and that I subject every verse under the microscopes of skepticism.

'The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.' (Shakespeare)

To think that what is obtainable in a book that was written several millenniums ago would work like a well-oiled machine in this contemporary times would be to live in a fool's paradise.

It is a fool's belief but not paradise. wink

The only reason why the rule of adultery as being the only grounds for divorce is found in the bible was because 'divorce' was flagrantly abused in those times. A man would divorce his wife on the basis that she cooks horribly, or that she gives him star-fish sex -- when all he really wants is to take up another wife because of his insatiable lust.

That's the reason why I quoted you bringing the Bible into this discussion. You bring enlightenment. These fools quote the Bible up and down without considering the context without which most of these quotes do not even make sense.

Like I said, a one night stand is grounds for divorce but broken limbs are not. grin undecided

I do not even read the OT for spiritual reasons – only for academic purposes, especially the Pentateuch.

She could have left the house the moment the marriage became a sport of pugilism.
First things first. Separation before divorce.

This is how it's done in courts, at least here. You need a separation year before the divorce can be completed.
Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Dyt(f): 12:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
sisisioge:

grin grin grin you were trying to find me a husband? Chai! Biko don't relent o abi this is dyt wearing a guy's moniker? Haaaaaa! Catchyah! You forgot to sign out as a male before commenting o tongue tongue tongue

Why you always suspecting me?
cheesy cheesy

You will be shocked half of NL knows you are single and ready to mingle tongue
Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 30, 2016
Mindfulness:

'The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.' (Shakespeare)

Ah, the remarkable prescience of William Shakespeare makes you melt like Almond Joy under the sweltering July sun.

It is a fool's belief but not paradise. wink
That's the reason why I quoted you bringing the Bible into this discussion. You bring enlightenment. These fools quote the Bible up and down without considering the context without which most of these quotes do not even make sense.

Most of these fools are why Karl Marx said that religion is the opiate of the masses.

Like I said, a one night stand is grounds for divorce but broken limbs are not. grin undecided

Lol. The fatuities of humankind, as Albert Einstein once said, are infinite. grin

This is how it's done in courts, at least here. You need a separation year before the divorce can be completed.
Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
carammel:
She and her money again,the man still treated her that way and is still enjoying freely.

Our mothers and grandmother's were really patient to absolve all these sufferings o, What exactly did she stay for?
They stayed because of the environment
They stayed because they were told that the success of a marriage is dependent on a lady
They stayed because they felt they were doing it for their children
They stayed because they didn't know anyother thing to do apart from being married
Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by MizMyColi(f): 12:59pm On Oct 30, 2016
Mindfulness:

I like myself.
I am a very tolerant soul. Very simple.

But beating me?
Or abusing me emotionally, on top no wrong of my own? I will first leave that environment.
That's the sane thing to do.

Whether divorce is a next step or not is something I will have to decide after careful considerations.

But I am so separating first.

That's what any person, man or woman who finds them self in such situation should do.
Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by sisisioge: 12:59pm On Oct 30, 2016
Dyt:

Why you always suspecting me?
cheesy cheesy

You will be shocked half of NL knows you are single and ready to mingle tongue

Hmmm, I better go and choose aso ebi sharpsharp...I'm still thinking white and peach grin Amy green and white...
Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
MizMyColi:

I like myself.
I am a very tolerant soul. Very simple.

But beating me?
Or abusing me emotionally, on top no wrong of my own? I will first leave that environment.
That's the sane thing to do.

Whether divorce is a next step or not is something I will have to decide after careful considerations.

But I am so separating first.

That's what any person, man or woman who finds them self in such situation should do.

A very good friend of mine said to me some years ago: 'If it doesn't feel right, it's not.' And her words have proven to be true over and over again.
No need rationalising or religionizing nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by sisisioge: 1:05pm On Oct 30, 2016
DarkRebel101:

Word babe...word!
Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 30, 2016
DarkRebel101:

Ah, the remarkable prescience of William Shakespeare makes you melt like Almond Joy under the sweltering July sun.

I am not his biggest fan but I see the value in his writing and I have enjoyed it.

Most of these fools are why Karl Marx said that religion is the opiate of the masses.

So true!

Lol. The fatuities of humankind, as Albert Einstein once said, are infinite. grin

I love this guy!
Re: Please Read: A Really Touching Story Of Her Marital Troubles. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 30, 2016
sisisioge:

Word babe...word!

I am not a babe. That I condemned the evils of men does not mean I have to be a woman.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife Need To Prove She Don't Sleep Arround B4 I Can Make Love To Her Again / Are Women Really Attracted To Married Men? / Please Help A Confused Brother.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.