Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975827 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmytee31: 9:24pm On Feb 07, 2017
Does your wife stay with you in Dubai and only came around to apply? I'm in a similar situation.
akejucarex:
In the spirit of giving back... I really wanna thank the brain behind nairaland first and to this wonderful forum.
I'm a silent reader and I based in Dubai.
Here is our transcript
Me and DW applied in Dubai and we were delayed on 9th Dec 2016.
On getting home I told my wife you're going to Lagos for another visa interview,I applied for another b2 visa same day. I booked Jan 11 for her next interview. To the glory of Almighty God she got the visa approved without checking any of her documents.

CO: Morning, can I have ur passport?
DW: Gave him passport
CO: purpose of your trip
DW: Child birth
CO: You mean medical visa ?
DW: Yes
CO: You had interview in Dubai last month?
DW: Yes
CO: Do you have a doctor in states?
DW: Trying to give him confirmation of appointment of doc
CO: He told DW he doesn't want to see any docs that she is suppose to knw everything by heart
DW: Gave him the name of the Doctor
CO: Which hospital?
DW: Told him the name of the hospital
CO: How much is your budget
DW: VB 13500 USD and CS 15000Usd
CO: Who is paying for your trip
DW: My husband
CO: Where re you working and ur husband
DW: My husband is working with bla bla in Dubai and I just resigned from a bank n now home maker
CO: Do you have anybody in US to assist you?
DW: Yes I have a friend in MD
CO: Why do you go to Dubai often
DW: I have got dubai resident and to see my husband

CO Started typing........ congratulations I'm going to approve your visa.... pick your visa in 3 working days.

I just want to appreciate everyone on this forum cos I got all the needed info on this forum. I'm going to apply for my visa when get to USA.

All thanks to Almighty God...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 11:10pm On Feb 07, 2017
Hello mummies,

Does anyone have tips on cheap tickets to Atl for April?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by akejucarex(m): 12:16am On Feb 08, 2017
temmytee31:
Does your wife stay with you in Dubai and only came around to apply? I'm in a similar situation.
temmytee31:
temmytee31:

Yes we lived together in Dubai.. She went to Lagos for the purpose of the visa.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 2:41am On Feb 08, 2017
Shawbabe:
Hello mummies,

Chai! Where were you last week!!! A friend got for 2 adults and an infant for 480k!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 6:08am On Feb 08, 2017
nefertitiram:

Chai! Where were you last week!!! A friend got for 2 adults and an infant for 480k!!!!
shocked eh??

Chai. I haven't been logging in, just dod yesterday to make sure this trump madness wasn't affecting mamas, then thought to ask for tickets. What airline was this? Pls na who can help me with cheap deals for 2 adults and infant too? Chei
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by zitaspears: 7:03am On Feb 08, 2017
Hello , please I am trying to sign in for PayPal but it's giving me an error message "check your information and try again" when I impute the post code 23401. Pls can anyone assist abeget

Since most nigerian banks credit card does not work on international sites and when u want to make payment some of those sites will ask for credit card number or pay pal.

Me na dollar card I get abeg how will I sort this out
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 8:01am On Feb 08, 2017
Is the dollar card from Nigeria?
If yes that is why it is not going through.
If no use the zip code of the billing address and try again.

zitaspears:
Hello , please I am trying to sign in for PayPal but it's giving me an error message "check your information and try again" when I impute the post code 23401. Pls can anyone assist abeget

Since most nigerian banks credit card does not work on international sites and when u want to make payment some of those sites will ask for credit card number or pay pal.

Me na dollar card I get abeg how will I sort this out
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firstimemum: 9:16am On Feb 08, 2017
happymumtobe:
Good morning mama's in the house..I have learnt a lot from this forum and it will be unfair if I don't give back. But I will like to thank finegirlna with her I was able to gather all my documents in a week. I applied on Sunday and got Thursday for interview.I decided to rush all cos I don't know trump next move.she is such an angel..she doesn't know me and yet didn't feel reluctant to help..I asked her alot of questions and she answered all..May God bless you.

I had my interview this morning at the Lagos embassy..7.45am..I didn't know I will be standing for so long oo..me that I have still not gotten over morning sickness and I get very tired..Thank God for the strength.

Vo- passport please
Passed my passport.
Vo-where are you going.
Me- Houston
Vo-what's happening there.
Me-Going there to have my baby.
Vo-What do you do and where do you work.
Me-An Auditor and told him where I work.
Vo-how much do you earn.
Me-told him.
Vo-what does your husband do ,where does he work and how much does he earn.
Me-told him.
Vo..explain briefly your husband role..
Me..see me see wahala..I expected him to ask me to explain mine thank God I know alot about his job..that's how I started talking with confidence like it is my own job o.at that point I knew I was going to get the visa cos me gave a look of satisfaction.
Vo-where has your husband travelled to.
Me- mentioned three countries.
Vo- do you have his passport here.
Me-No ...but we travelled together to the UK
Vo- ohhhh..then he went through my passport.
Vo- will your husband come along with you on this trip.
Me..No..he will be very busy during my travel period ...he again gave a look of satisfaction that says they are not running away
I sharply added I have my doctor correspondence hospital correspondence and bank statement.
Vo..hold on we haven't gotten to that..
Me..okay
Vo...will your office give you time for your travel.
Me..I have three months maternity leave
Vo-how much do you have planned for this trip.
Me-15K usd....
Vo-can I have your doctors correspondence and hospital.
Me-gave it to him and added my budget sheet..asked if I should pass my bank statement but he said it wasn't necessary.
Vo..he seriously went through the doctor correspondence and hospital then asked me why the doctors email is different from the hospital.
Me- told him the doctor is paid differently from the hospital and that the doctor uses the hospital and has his admin differently ..don't know if am right at least that was what I told him.
Vo- alright with a smile on his face...your visa has been approved ...
And plenty talk after that I was obviously not interested in as I needed water at that point if not I might just faint.

Trust me I was very happy..I remember telling finegirlna I doubt if I will apply again if am rejected and I was ready to port to canada as I still have enough time.
Who says prayer doesn't work..I was truly favoured today.

All thanks to Debby516 ,griesgries, ultimatebas and finegirlna...I posted about accommodation few weeks ago and they all helped me.I am truly grateful.

Will be travelling by June using west Houston Medical Centre and doctor Amaro..again all thanks to finegirlna
Am making good use of this turkish sales o..dollar isn't smiling
Am also open to help anybody o...

Thank you all.

@Happymumtobe can I email you plssss I need help!
Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mailtotee: 9:27am On Feb 08, 2017
Zitaspears you should have a at least $1..99 on the card to enable you to link the card because it's going to verify the card and make sure your billing address is as you registered with the bank.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mailtotee: 9:30am On Feb 08, 2017
I have a nigerian dollar card and its linked to my paypal

chibertha:
Is the dollar card from Nigeria?
If yes that is why it is not going through.
If no use the zip code of the billing address and try again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladee1: 10:37am On Feb 08, 2017
Shawbabe:

shocked eh??

Chai. I haven't been logging in, just dod yesterday to make sure this trump madness wasn't affecting mamas, then thought to ask for tickets. What airline was this? Pls na who can help me with cheap deals for 2 adults and infant too? Chei

What period did your friend buy and which airline, cos Turkish promo was for 2 days previous week @220 for travel dates in Apr. Do u have info on any other cheap tickets
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mumzt: 10:54am On Feb 08, 2017
nefertitiram:

What aaaah? Where was I shocked
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Orestik(f): 11:17am On Feb 08, 2017
Please has any mama given birth in Florida?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drfdee: 11:51am On Feb 08, 2017
Goin to houston in March stayin wiv a friend in Richmond

quote author=ladee1 post=53502865]

Which Hosp and accommodation r u using
[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DiObyyy: 11:54am On Feb 08, 2017
Please has anyone had their baby in Oklahoma ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 08, 2017
Hi bouqounmie
Please did you still use El paso? Was your hubby with you? If he wasn't, how did you go about getting the notarized form?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Amiableada(f): 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2017
please i am new here. i submitted my drop box exactly 2 weeks today and 10 working days. i havent heard anything from them i tried tracking mybpassport and it says its still with the us embassy and status is showing 'ready', dont know what that means. has anyone had this kind of issue before? though someone told me drop box is been delayed now. i had my son there and need to go for another soon but this drop box is delaying
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Lipsyred: 1:14pm On Feb 08, 2017
lovely people GOODDAY.I need advise I post my trip to USA some years back,I discovered the platform late when I was about leaving for the usa for visit but I also had my baby then,which was disclosed at the Poe was advise to come with my evidence of payment for anything for usa.I went for renewal via dropbox and was told to come for interview which I did.The consular ask me to brief him about my trip,I did including d delivery part.He then said I didn't say that at interview before I cud mak any explaination or show proof of all payments he just give me d denial letter.I intend going for a renewal again and have scheduled for interview,I am scared o.I gave the reason for refusal in my form now and was honest about everything.Can someone just give advise on way to handle this at the interview.Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by happymumtobe: 1:21pm On Feb 08, 2017
[quote author=firstimemum post=53521194][/quote]

Please do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bouqounmie(f): 2:11pm On Feb 08, 2017
[left][/left]Lol. Lucky you. To think I just logged in to see what was going on.
Yes I used El Paso and my husband wasn't around. He filled the ds 3053 form and notarized at the Lagos consulate and sent it to me through DHL.
Note that El Paso county doesn't recognize public notary.

I hail all mamas in the house o. May God continue to provide and keep our LOs.

pinky2016:
Hi bouqounmie
Please did you still use El paso? Was your hubby with you? If he wasn't, how did you go about getting the notarized form?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Luxe031: 2:37pm On Feb 08, 2017
Hello @ladyok pls can u help with dr andrews's contact, m using Northside Hospital too... Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 2:46pm On Feb 08, 2017
Lipsyred:
lovely people GOODDAY.I need advise I post my trip to USA some years back,I discovered the platform late when I was about leaving for the usa for visit but I also had my baby then,which was disclosed at the Poe was advise to come with my evidence of payment for anything for usa.I went for renewal via dropbox and was told to come for interview which I did.The consular ask me to brief him about my trip,I did including d delivery part.He then said I didn't say that at interview before I cud mak any explaination or show proof of all payments he just give me d denial letter.I intend going for a renewal again and have scheduled for interview,I am scared o.I gave the reason for refusal in my form now and was honest about everything.Can someone just give advise on way to handle this at the interview.Thanks.

Don't worry dear.. it seems to be a common trend for those who had their babies and are doing dropbox. Are you going to have another baby? If not, I would say give it time so you don't come across as desperate. If yes, go prepared again. There is really no hard and fast rules about it. Good luck in your endeavors
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 2:49pm On Feb 08, 2017
pinky2016:

If your hubby is not with you, he can notarize at the embassy or with a notary public and send it tru DHL, FedEx or UPS to you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ifedee(f): 2:56pm On Feb 08, 2017
Orestik:
Please has any mama given birth in Florida?

Hello, I had my two kids in Florida. Tallahassee, Florida. What do you want to know about childbirth in Florida?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 3:04pm On Feb 08, 2017
Shawbabe:
Hello mummies,

Babe wia have you been shocked shocked smiley

Long time no see on the thread! Hw's ur daughter? She must be all grown now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 3:06pm On Feb 08, 2017
ifedee:

Hello, I had my two kids in Florida. Tallahassee, Florida. What do you want to know about childbirth in Florida?

Please share your experience so others can learn too

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dammiecouture: 3:08pm On Feb 08, 2017
[quote author=Amiableada post=53527248] it means ready for interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shamecurls(m): 3:36pm On Feb 08, 2017
pinky2016:
Hi bouqounmie

If you don't mind, since you know your EDD, your husband can notorize in advance excluding date which u just have to fill in when required.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temyb: 3:41pm On Feb 08, 2017
Hello everyone,it's been a while. Just passing thru and decided to say hello. Congrats to new moms and God bless the moms to be hustle as dollars ain't smiling

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.