Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,675 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977139 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by slimwendy85: 8:26pm On Nov 07, 2016
@ sucre26, with the American embassy, responses may differ, but I know someone who renewed via Dropbox, while still on a payment plan earlier on this year, and she was given the visa without being called in for an interview. Though, in her case, she used the visa foe a vacation after childbirth, then went ahead to renew. I feel they understand that emergencies may come up, but as long as you are keeping up with your payment, they Shouldn't have an issue. But then again, different strokes for different folks.
@modath, from the post by worry359, I could tell he was teasing. He really was just trying to get lady g to reply him. That's my 2 kobo sha....
I think before tearing people apart, sometimes we need to reread posts, and try to see them from a positive point of view, and not always from the negative side.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by slimwendy85: 8:28pm On Nov 07, 2016
If God pounced on us the way some people pounce on people in this thread, there would be no living soul..... grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Abioolly: 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2016
If u v to use hospital in new York... Use their public hospital. Google the one close to you... U can negotiate with bills when u v ur cash as hand after child birth
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Abioolly: 9:25pm On Nov 07, 2016
If I must say if am to have my baby again in the US.. I will neva say with any relative or friend.. I had a terrible experience with my own aunt.. I had my baby dis August.. She kept on saying I shld come earlier.. I was in us at 31weeks..she took me to the near by hospital at 5mins walk from r place cos she didn want me to be a burden on r.. On getting to the hospital.. She told me to lie I was in d country without papers and I was single... Dat was where our fight started.. I told r I dnt want medicaid or freebies at all cos of my future entry.. She said do I no more Dan r.. She was so authoritative... She starved my life... Everything I ate was not organic to her...chicken and French fries became my daily meal... After two weeks I got to know r neighbour who is a nurse and worked in a public hospital.. I told r abt d new development I preferred to go to an affordable hospital ... She got angry and said I shld leave r apartment and move to my new friends... Was like a movie... But God was asleep.. I had my baby tru vd in August... Called r severally and even sent mgs to r.. She neva replied me till date... To make matter worse.. We stayed on same floor.. Use same elevator... She ll neva greet either me or my baby.. But I kept on greeting r... am back to naija and will b forever grateful to the neighbours who God sent at my dying time...
Sorry for the long post... Just reading tru and to make pple know even outsiders r better Dan this so called family members

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 9:25pm On Nov 07, 2016
Chanbaby:
Pls nairaland family help me. I want to use houston methodist sugarland but my sil that I want to stay with says memorial Hermann hospital is just 5mins drive from her house so she will advice we use that but memorial Hermann is really expensive. People that knows Texas very well is houston methodist so far that we can't work something around. Cos this dollar wahala can't spend extra dollar oh.

Sugarland is a little distance from Houston city limits and the metro doesn't go into it it stops at a park and ride close by.
Yea Memorial herman is very expensive especially in the high exchange rate season
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 07, 2016
Abioolly Chai Chai Chai na wa o, what a gruesome experience with ones family, i'm really surprised damn! And at the same time i'm not surprised sha shocked shocked
Modath my modath and worry359 two of you lost your senses of humour o jare, I don't think worry meant anything jare it was a joke that went the wrong way tongue, Lool. Two of Una chop kiss kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mamatam: 9:41pm On Nov 07, 2016
[quote author=olokings post=50835104]All these grammar you guys are speaking here and there host n all, I personally don't thing you HOST someone as a guest for three months...

To make a contribution on the issue of people coming from naija to birth. I will tell you guus my experience. I am a green card holder married to a us citizen. I got to know about this thread late 2015 when I visited Nigeria and a friend told me about her cousin coming to birth in usa. She pleaded with me to accommodate her cousin then. She mentioned nairaland so I visited this thread to be sure it isnt a scam and I was amazed at the efforts mothers and fathers make to give thier kids the best. It was on this basis I accommodated this lady (mrs b) and I started reading this thread.
my experience: when mrs b got to dallas, I went to the airport to pick her. I stay at cedar hills which is about 45mins/1 hr drive to dallas. Picked her up at the airport, remember I dont know her from adam, (she is my friend's cousin). I made her so comfortable. I live in a relatively big house here. She had d entire guest wing to herself. I have a 2 year old daughter myself oo and I work as an attorney here. Mrs B was so full of herself, she doesn't do anything in d house, she eats, behaves as if she was entitled to all I did for her. As if that wasn't enough, she called me one morning on my way to work that she was a little bored and that her friend from naija is also coming to give birth so she wants to ask if her friend could come and stay in d house till the friend is due to give birth, then she leaves. I allowed her because I didn't want her to be bored. Her friend came making 2 pregnant women in my house. I frd them, took them for thier appointments and shopping. Then all of a sudden, d friend started telling ne how rich she was in naija, how she can afford x, y, z maids and all sorts of rubbish. These 2 women found it so difficult to wipe thier plates b4 dropping them in d washer. They leave the house including thier rooms so dirty, I had to hire those Mexicans who does housekeeping tp clean d house once every week at $50. My husband wasn't in support but I had to show him this naiaraland thread on how naijas struggle tp birth thier kids here so he reluctantly agreed.
mrs b gave birth and trouble started. She invited her mother over from Nigeria without informing me. She told me 2 days after giving birth that her mom is coming. My dears, im accommodating 2 pregnant women and her mother oo. The mom came and started treating me lik im her maid in my own house. She expects me to cook for her and take care of all of them. I am a very patient person oo. Then one day, mrs b's mom came to our bedroom about 4am to wake myself and my husband up that she needed call card to speak with some1 in naija... my husband just lost it and ordered everyone of dem out of the house immediately. Since that incident, I have been so reluctant to accomodate or assist anyone coming here to give birth. What I observe is that if you give most people an opportunity, they misuse it thereby blocking others. Sorry for the long post

40 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 10:01pm On Nov 07, 2016
Adonbilivit shocked
But I love ur hubby! U sef deserve 36 strokes of koboko.
I jus tire for all dis stories. Some are ridiculous. Pls assess ur Host to know wHo is capable of helping wit little or no complaints at all. Me, I'm treated like a queen where I am. I go out of my way to do stuffs and dey keep saying no need. Now my strength is failing me small,na d little wey I fit do I dey do. Dey don't take me to appointments but every oda thing is taken care of. Dats more dan enuf 4me.
Some people are just wicked. How can u invite a fellow Preggy to squat where u're being squatted? Plus ur mama com join? Totally unacceptable. I never planned to write on dis matter but dis last post is just simply humgrous. Is dat even a word?!

[quote author=Mamatam post=50850714][/quote]

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mamatam: 10:18pm On Nov 07, 2016
TripleKMama:
Adonbilivit shocked
But I love ur hubby! U sef deserve 36 strokes of koboko.
I jus tire for all dis stories. Some are ridiculous. Pls assess ur Host to know wHo is capable of helping wit little or no complaints at all. Me, I'm treated like a queen where I am. I go out of my way to do stuffs and dey keep saying no need. Now my strength is failing me small,na d little wey I fit do I dey do. Dey don't take me to appointments but every oda thing is taken care of. Dats more dan enuf 4me.
Some people are just wicked. How can u invite a fellow Preggy to squat where u're being squatted? Plus ur mama com join? Totally unacceptable. I never planned to write on dis matter but dis last post is just simply humgrous. Is dat even a word?!
Did I mention that this Mrs B who had so much cravings for nigerian food could not bring ordinary knorr cubes when she came oo. She told me she didnt want to carry any food in order not to be sent to secondary inspection or delayed. Yet she ate mainly african food here. Im not saying all this to complain or something, lik I said earlier, my house is relatively big and could accomodate people but its the attitude that bothers me... The feeling and sense of entitlement we display couple with the "lagos big girl" mentality most nigerians have. America is a leveler.. nobody cares. By the way, I got to know later that mrs b applied for medicaid that means she didn't pay her bills. Its so crazy what people do here and they cant even try back in Nigeria
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mamatam: 10:23pm On Nov 07, 2016
Did I mention that this Mrs B who had so much cravings for nigerian food could not bring ordinary knorr cubes when she came oo. She told me she didnt want to carry any food in order not to be sent to secondary inspection or delayed. Yet she ate mainly african food here. Im not saying all this to complain or something, lik I said earlier, my house is relatively big and could accomodate people but its the attitude that bothers me... The feeling and sense of entitlement we display couple with the "lagos big girl" mentality most nigerians have. America is a leveler.. nobody cares. By the way, I got to know later that mrs b applied for medicaid that means she didn't pay her bills. Its so crazy what people do here and they cant even try back in Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mummykoko: 11:23pm On Nov 07, 2016
@ Zocken, just seeing ur post in respect of the 2000$ u needed to give ur wife. I'm in Atlanta now for same business (birthing)and can help out if this is yet to be resolved. Kindly send your email address for further communication.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by enidot: 11:28pm On Nov 07, 2016
Issues! had a similar situation with SIL convinced DH totally about Medicaid even called and process it. One midnyt I just wake dh that I will never forgive him if the medicaid was issued as we have sufficient cash on us. DH called his colleagues back in his office to enquire and they told him all effect afterwards. Sharply he told his sis that we settle all bills. SIL then decided that we go to their public health and register, funny enuf Daville VA is a low cost living city where the cost of everything is almost 60-70 percent lower than normal. Some test are conducted free (the ones conducted ryt inside the hospital) while the rest are just too cheap below our estimated quote from Henrico dr hopital. The moment I told them I'm paying ryt away they give ridiculous discount sharp sharp and issue receipts on the spot. Anyone coming in to south Virginia shouldn't compromise just register straight with Daville Regional Medical Center. Good services at negotiable rates.

Abioolly:
If I must say if am to have my baby again in the US.. I will neva say with any relative or friend.. I had a terrible experience with my own aunt.. I had my baby dis August.. She kept on saying I shld come earlier.. I was in us at 31weeks..she took me to the near by hospital at 5mins walk from r place cos she didn want me to be a burden on r.. On getting to the hospital.. She told me to lie I was in d country without papers and I was single... Dat was where our fight started.. I told r I dnt want medicaid or freebies at all cos of my future entry.. She said do I no more Dan r.. She was so authoritative... She starved my life... Everything I ate was not organic to her...chicken and French fries became my daily meal... After two weeks I got to know r neighbour who is a nurse and worked in a public hospital.. I told r abt d new development I preferred to go to an affordable hospital ... She got angry and said I shld leave r apartment and move to my new friends... Was like a movie... But God was asleep.. I had my baby tru vd in August... Called r severally and even sent mgs to r.. She neva replied me till date... To make matter worse.. We stayed on same floor.. Use same elevator... She ll neva greet either me or my baby.. But I kept on greeting r... am back to naija and will b forever grateful to the neighbours who God sent at my dying time...
Sorry for the long post... Just reading tru and to make pple know even outsiders r better Dan this so called family members

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by AdomMum: 11:33pm On Nov 07, 2016
Wow!!! This is sad!! Na wa ooo..thank God, He kept you and your baby..o ma ga oo
Abioolly:
If I must say if am to have my baby again in the US.. I will neva say with any relative or friend.. I had a terrible experience with my own aunt..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by AdomMum: 11:45pm On Nov 07, 2016
Hmmmmm....
[quote author=Mamatam post=5h0850714][/quote
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Rebarobyn: 12:18am On Nov 08, 2016
Abioolly:

Wow that was a nasty experience. What did she have to gain by asking you to lie to access Medicaid? It must have been a long time since you saw her cos I bet if you knew her nature you would have never stayed with her in the first place.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Rebarobyn: 12:27am On Nov 08, 2016
[quote author=Mamatam post=50850714][/quote]

pls don't let this horrible experience stop you from helping others..There's always a reward from God for helping others....just make sure you spell out your conditions next time.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 1:42am On Nov 08, 2016
Speaking of Medicaid and aid generally.

It's interesting how people who live in America actually encourage you to access health care for free- even hospitals encourage it too. I spoke to at least 7 people (friends and distant relatives)AFTER I got here and they (no exception) all said "if you had told me, you won't have had to pay anything to give birth here" and my response is always "I wanted to pay that's why I didn't contact you in the first place" (thank you Nairaland)

Yesterday my mum told a friend of hers who lives in the US that I was there to have my baby and the woman said the exact same thing!

I find it very interesting.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 2:10am On Nov 08, 2016
Chloe7,

Y'all know I don't take myself so seriously & love love love humour, especially in the right situation... Worry backtracked, it was shade but i didn't need an umbrella. smiley

Slimwendy85 ,

Thanks for your concern but you are over reaching...

I didn't miss worry's intent... The respondent to my post was trying to be clever by half and i saw through the ruse... I may no longer be a regular on this thread but i know how this ish go down, There was no humor there, s/he implied i wanted to impose on LadyG's willingness to assist cos i didn't want to put in the work the thread (s) required & that is obvious to any mumu sef..

So telling me to reread a post where someone asked "Lady G to respond" cos she's being PAID to do it has zero positivity. .. S/he probably doesn't know I was really active on this thread and just thought to have a laugh at my expense....That i had to check & i have no apologies ma'am..

Thanks once again.. cool

Cc Firsttymum , Nita2013 , ozycy ,Kaylaychi , Popri nefertitiram , LadyGuinivere sad

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by XX01(f): 3:16am On Nov 08, 2016
misscanada123:

My sister you Don talk am finish. When people say how can one expect pregnant woman to be sweeping floor I am dumbfounded. For someone not on bedrest I see no reason why sweeping with a long broom is problematic.
The fact that we can afford housemaid in naija has spoilt us.
If your host was pregnant wouldn't she sweep?

I am the one that mentioned about sweeping the floor but I think you misunderstood me. I meant it should not be burdensome as well. If the person is in pain, just understand with the person. Not turning it into a compulsory job. That I am giving you free accommodation means you must wash all the bathrooms and clean the house everyday. So if the person doesn't do it for a few days does not make the person a bad guest.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fizzone: 3:30am On Nov 08, 2016
[quote author=chibertha post=50833581]
Contact the hospital then. It means they have not uploaded the details [/quote

I Will do just that. Many thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by XX01(f): 5:19am On Nov 08, 2016
TripleKMama:
God will settle you soon. Amem grin

Amen my sister.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fehinebony(f): 5:38am On Nov 08, 2016
Fyorgyn:
Speaking of Medicaid and aid generally.

It's interesting how people who live in America actually encourage you to access health care for free- even hospitals encourage it too. I spoke to at least 7 people (friends and distant relatives)AFTER I got here and they (no exception) all said "if you had told me, you won't have had to pay anything to give birth here" and my response is always "I wanted to pay that's why I didn't contact you in the first place" (thank you Nairaland)

Yesterday my mum told a friend of hers who lives in the US that I was there to have my baby and the woman said the exact same thing!

I find it very interesting.

Its really alarming, I still had an argument about medicaid today and how we are being told not to accept it at the embassy ..I was also told one can even get government insurance sef, most of the Nigerians in America are the ones helping in defrauding the system.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Akorkor(f): 6:48am On Nov 08, 2016
Hmmm!!!! This host matter Na serious something ohh. I am thrilled by @mamatam and abioolly experience. But on a serious note, my take on this issue since am the one that started all these host iish having second plan so as not to be disappointed. As a guest you have to be humble even if you are a billionaire in your country these people are helping you. That you are pregnant doesn't mean you should not be able to wash your own plate or tidy the room you are giving or doing some little chores. And if you feel you are too big for all these please just take your own apartment. I have stayed with someone for like two months before in the course of my job outside country not US though and when I was leaving the place to my own rented apartment the woman said " You are the first person that behave like my daughter throughout your stay" but some people are just too proud. In all.... please don't stop helping people and your reward is not only in heaven but also on earth. Shalom!!!

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sayoberry(f): 6:49am On Nov 08, 2016
I came to mark register o.
present smiley

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by slimwendy85: 6:54am On Nov 08, 2016
@ modath, it's OK.... Just don't think it's worth letting anyone vex u on a faceless thread. You would have made more impact by jumping and passing, aka totally ignoring the comment., after all your target was getting lady g to help out n not worry359. Is all good.... smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.