Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977083 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 11:02am On Nov 07, 2016
sucre26:
Hi everyone, Please I neee advice. I gave birth a year ago in Maryland but the hospital bill was way more than the expected amount i had. So I've been on a monthly payment plan since then. I also haven't returned back to the Usa since I got back. My visa will be expiring very soon. Is it advisable to apply for a new visa while still owing or just finish the payment before applying for an new one. Has this happened to anyone before? Thanks
Do drop box let's see what will happen

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 11:04am On Nov 07, 2016
DerinDee:
Hello all..this is my first time on nairn land. grin Happy to be on board. Please I would really love info from.someone (or if you know anyone) who has used Houston northwest medical centre. I've found a doctor whose fee is 1700 and the hospital is 2000 for vaginal delivery. But don't have an idea of pediatrician fees

Please I would love to get any information especially with regards pediatrician fees and also cost and time frame in getting baby's documents. Thank you so much.

In either part 4 or 5 someone gave us full details on how she went about it in this same hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by olokings(m): 11:05am On Nov 07, 2016
All these grammar you guys are speaking here and there host n all, I personally don't thing you HOST someone as a guest for three months...

Anything more than two weeks and it's no longer host ooh...you are housemates as such you are supposed to act accordingly and take necessary responsibilities.

My personal take though!

20 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Correct1: 11:32am On Nov 07, 2016
coolcathy:
If you are interested in shared accommodation in Houston starting from December,send me a pm
Hi, pls from what time in DEC. For some reason my pm is not working. You can send me a pm if you can.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by njidekachi: 12:08pm On Nov 07, 2016
u can pm me if still having accommodation challange in LA

Chiowerri:
Am staying with family.

quote author=Akorkor post=50669401]Happy new months to everyone on this forum!! This month shall be a great month for us all. Amen

I beg @Chiowerri, damsell,bambambig, una be LA mom, are you staying with someone or you rent an apartment. If you rent an apartment can we share please.
Am making this request because I want to have a second plan in case if my host disappoint me. Don't want to be hanging in a strange man land.

And BY the way I know about the website airnb or so but I can't just pay like that without seeing what's on ground.

If you have any plan, please let's hook up. Will be in LA next week.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DerinDee: 12:22pm On Nov 07, 2016
chibertha:

In either part 4 or 5 someone gave us full details on how she went about it in this same hospital

Yes I saw some details.in part 4..but didn't see any details.on pediatrician..

Please how do I reply to a particular person''s post? Sorry o..Nairaland First timer.. grin

Just realised I replied your post correctly..finally figured it out..lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DerinDee: 12:25pm On Nov 07, 2016
idonhear:

I also contacted them, but mine is still May/June 2017, the estimated list of the Pediatrician fees was quoted for me. We really need a first hand information from those that have used the Hospital.

Which doctor is that please? I am yet to contact a doctor.

Thanks for the response. ..I'll be there in January. Please what are the estimated cost for pediatrician you've heard so far? And also what is the quote you got?

I'm using doctor Nicholas xydas. He's the cheapest Ive found so far..and 1700 includes all tests and scans and pre and post natal visits.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 1:07pm On Nov 07, 2016
Pls nairaland family help me. I want to use houston methodist sugarland but my sil that I want to stay with says memorial Hermann hospital is just 5mins drive from her house so she will advice we use that but memorial Hermann is really expensive. People that knows Texas very well is houston methodist so far that we can't work something around. Cos this dollar wahala can't spend extra dollar oh.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 07, 2016
modath:

Chloe Chloe, baawo? kiss
Mo wapa o, gbogbo ile nko? Awon omo at ise naa. kiss cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2016
sucre26:
Hi everyone, Please I neee advice. I gave birth a year ago in Maryland but the hospital bill was way more than the expected amount i had. So I've been on a monthly payment plan since then. I also haven't returned back to the Usa since I got back. My visa will be expiring very soon. Is it advisable to apply for a new visa while still owing or just finish the payment before applying for an new one. Has this happened to anyone before? Thanks
For me i will say its better u finish your previous payment before applying to be on a safe side,.because it might appear on your new interview and if they reject u based on that,then it might be hard for u to get your visa back again.So just play safe,because this Vo's are so unpredictable.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 2:21pm On Nov 07, 2016
chibertha:

My people I tire for all these host talk.
See if you ask me you could actually avoid all these issues either from you or your host (na see finish dey worry both parties )
When planning for this journey please
Make accommodation rentals no 1.
To cut cost get a hospital that is close to roads that you can take the bus or train to cut cost.
If you are going to Houston for example
Stay close to Westminster or Richmond avenue from there you can get the metro bus to any interesting spot.
Cost $1.50 cash or $1 if you have a Q card.
As for staying alone you can. I did it I was alone until my DH and left 1 week after I put to birth then baby and me stayed for 3 weeks before I returned.
That was my first baby and C-section.
MY dears we can do it

Wow!! You are really a strong woman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshtestimony: 2:23pm On Nov 07, 2016
chibertha:

36 weeks or less for single
and less than 26 weeks for multiple.
Carry a medical report from your doctor stating you are fit to fly.
Also go to airfrance Website and print the page that mentions travelling when pregnant
So you can and be ready for all those people who talk without reading at airports

LOL at people who talk without reading.
Thanks sis
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Rebarobyn: 3:05pm On Nov 07, 2016
cindermum:
Please and sons too before they turn their wives into modern slaves. There's nothing wrong with boys learning too.

Don't get me wrong o...I'm for girl and boy child grooming...I just don't think a man would be handling a newborn in the first few days of life which seems to be the poster's reference as the lady was a first time mom.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Rebarobyn: 3:13pm On Nov 07, 2016
chibertha:

My people I tire for all these host talk.
See if you ask me you could actually avoid all these issues either from you or your host (na see finish dey worry both parties )
When planning for this journey please
Make accommodation rentals no 1.
To cut cost get a hospital that is close to roads that you can take the bus or train to cut cost.
If you are going to Houston for example
Stay close to Westminster or Richmond avenue from there you can get the metro bus to any interesting spot.
Cost $1.50 cash or $1 if you have a Q card.
As for staying alone you can. I did it I was alone until my DH and left 1 week after I put to birth then baby and me stayed for 3 weeks before I returned.
That was my first baby and C-section.
MY dears we can do it

My point exactly....you are complaining about host...oya go and rent your own place na....you no gree.....you don't want to spend your own money...you stay there....you won't pull your weight...and then you'll be complaining they're treating you badly.....many of us are really spoilt and have difficulty seeing it.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 3:31pm On Nov 07, 2016
Methodist isnt far from memorial hermann, add like additional $10 for uber from hermann to Methodist. I stay close to Oakbend nd i ve been to Methodist a couple of time, uber is an average of $15 to Methodist for me.
Chanbaby:
Pls nairaland family help me. I want to use houston methodist sugarland but my sil that I want to stay with says memorial Hermann hospital is just 5mins drive from her house so she will advice we use that but memorial Hermann is really expensive. People that knows Texas very well is houston methodist so far that we can't work something around. Cos this dollar wahala can't spend extra dollar oh.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 3:44pm On Nov 07, 2016
^^^ it's not even up to 10usd.

Add like 5usd to Uber. They are very close.

Besides you will only go to hospital once
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mumzt: 3:59pm On Nov 07, 2016
Rebarobyn:

I didn't ask her because it wasn't like I knew her before then but it's just common sense. I was cleaning up after her for 3 weeks and I was almost due.

Please let's tell ourselves the truth. If you're too lazy at least be willing to spend....you can't be lazy and stingy at the same time. It is a sin grin

OMG cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2016
mgolds:
All i mean is why stress?..

Thanks for the information but...
We like the stress thank you!

That is the point of this thread... so we can learn from others, "stress" ourselves without paying extra for "professional" services... it's a "do it yourself" thread and it's boldly written on the first page!

However, if the "professional" advice can guarantee us PTA, BTA or $10,000 at official rate then even me wey don go US fit reconsider!

Please tell the agency to pay for advert on NL so that people who're interested can link up with them directly.

Thank you again eh.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by idonhear: 6:01pm On Nov 07, 2016
smiley
Fyorgyn:

Thanks for the information but...
We like the stress thank you!
smiley smiley smiley lol
That is the point of this thread... so we can learn from others, "stress" ourselves without paying extra for "professional" services... it's a "do it yourself" thread and it's boldly written on the first page!

However, if the "professional" advice can guarantee us PTA, BTA or $10,000 at official rate then even me wey don go US fit reconsider!

Please tell the agency to pay for advert on NL so that people who're interested can link up with them directly.

Thank you again eh.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere ,

I don send you PM, abeg respond with alacrity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.