Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,424 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977115 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Topnotch22: 8:36pm On Nov 06, 2016
Touchdown Chicago from Newyork via AA, very boring flight i must confess... our local flights in Nigeria are way better.. lol...
Chicago mamas where are you at??

Happy Sunday Yummy mummies.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2016
Akorkor:

I don't want to risk that ohh!!! What if they do not give me? Na so I just enter one chance.
lol they'll give you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TOKNOW: 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2016
O yes,its time for me to share my experience.
I could not get PTA from Abuja Travelex on 31st OCT. due to non availabilty, they said they might begin to sell by the next week, that is this week. I had to buy from black market at 467, so I decided to buy 3000 dollars. I flew BA the next day 1st Nov. It was a lovely flight, stopped briefly at Heathrow London, 6 hrs journey, then boarded for the second leg to JFK 7hrs, also lovely,both legs had full flight.

After using the self help kiosk at JFK, was directed to CBP1

CBP1 : Why are you here?
me: To have my baby
CBP1: Where do you work and what do you do for them?
me: Bla bla bla

She took me to another room, immediately I sat down,I was called cos I was the only one in that room,that was around 9pm.

CBP2: Why are you here?
me : To have my baby
CBP2: Where do you work?
Me: bla bla bla
CBP2: Let me see your payment receipts
Me: My hospital and doctor are not accepting payment until arrival
I have their correspondences
CBP2: Let me have them( I handed them over to him)
CPB2: Anybody can write this
Me: No, as you can see,its gmail generated
CPB2: How much do you have and how much will it cost you to have your baby here
Me: About 3k plus cash and about 17k in cards.Its going to cost me about 7500 dollars
CPB2: If you spend extra day in hospital,how would you pay
Me:I can pay,I have money in my cards and I sent money gram and Western Union which I will also pick up. I have my bank statements.
CBP2: Let me have them( I handed it over to him, he went through them)
CBP2: Who is sy..... in your Doc. correspondence
Me : She is the Doc. secretary or so, you can call them
CBP2 : I will call them ( He asked me to sit down and he made a call)
CBP2: He called me over again and said, but its b/c of citizenship you came
Me: Not really, this is going to be my third CS and psychologically my family and I felt it would be better I do it where there is better healthcare due to our past experiences and that of our colleague and family friend
CBP2: OK, thank God you have these correspondences, if not you would have been on your way back to Nigeria, anyway they would not have given you Visa at the Embassy without these correspondences
Me: I know what is required and I was prepared ( Thanks to Nairaland)
CBP2: Thats good, others should also come prepared
He asked me to go and sit down while he stamped my passport until April,and gave it to me and wished me well on my pregnancy, I said thank you.

NB: I was never scared or felt that I would be sent back b/c I felt that I have not committed any crime nor whatsoever could cause my deportation, but I prayed.

I came out and took my bags, 1 was missing, I was not sent to Agric upon all I declared,although my palm oil was seized at Abuja. I went to British Airways office and reported,we were about 10 having the same issue. They compensated each with 43 dollars worth credit card and promised to send the bags to our final destination. They had actually helped me reduce my stress.

1 went to the air train and finally called my hotel shuttle,slept over in New York, then proceeded to Houston the next morning with Southwest airline, flight of about 4hrs. Thank God for His mercies.

Thank you great people.

32 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by colegold100: 9:59pm On Nov 06, 2016
geojay:
Helo sweet mamas and papies, am here to show my appreciation, with my full loads of questions and worries, you answered in love. Now in the US with my mum and baby, no problem at all at the poe in houston, infact the officer didnt know i was pregnant, he asked why we are in houston, i told him vacation and, before i could finish, he just said ohh, dts nice on vacation, i quickly chipped in, "and for childbirth too" he was like, are you pregnant, yes i am, he stood up abit to look at my tummy, he then asked how far gone i am, i told him 34weeks, he said waoo and you dont look it, well, but to me, i feel am.carrying the biggest tummy in the world. He stamped my baby, stamped my mum's and stamped mine too amd welcome us to usa. Proceeded to baggage claim and then to inspectiom, i guess its the monetary inspectiom side, was asked to fill a form, asked why i had so much money, i told her because am coming for delivery and i am paying cash, she asked for the receipt of my last delivery, i gave her everything, she checked and said what kind of work do you do, to have all these cash, before i could reply, she tapped on her system amd said ohh, ok, come along with me to where your foodstuff will go through inspection, she later helped me with the trolley, saying "you look tired and you look like you wanna drop that baby here now, let me help you? She helped me pushed the trolley while my mum back my baby, i just drag along cos am so tired and wornout, it was late. At the food inspection, my knorr chicken was collected, even though it doesnt have wrap, they knew it, they collected my tubers of yam, whole 3, chaii, i kept saying, my yam, my yam, they just bursted into laughter and said its not allowed. Well, i got to the hotel and found out that i still have a small yam left in my bag, it looks like diamond to me. So that was how my poe experience went .

@geojay...please how did you finally get accommodation in houston... dw will be coming to houston in December and prices on airbnb for accomodation not smiling at all!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Rebarobyn: 10:53pm On Nov 06, 2016
Zocken:

Thanks for your suggestions guys. I was able to do moneygram of $870 on Wednesday. The rate ia about 424 to a dollar including bank charges. I will be doing same amount via a proxy next week. I think in ok with the moneygram option. The hospital doesn't take form A and the wire transfer thing appears to be a longer process.

I'm glad you found a way out. Moneygram is cheaper if you can find a couple of people to do it for you and your wife can go to any walmart with her ID to collect it without any extra charge

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Rebarobyn: 3:40am On Nov 07, 2016
chloe7:
if you give them Eva& Nestlé water they will tell you to boil it because they can't drink it like that ,if they Bring smarties by mistake they will tell you take two the remaining is for so so person as if you asked them to bring smarties, i've had my fair share of some of these yeye abroad people coming abroad to do anyhow of which you won't go abroad and do that thing in their house, well of course I know not all of them are like that but most of them get werey for head abeg! if I go into details ehn you will ROTFL,

IMO have a back up.plan. if your stay becomes uncomfortable, check out!

However that being said maybe I should mention this in this forum....the way we naija people behave at times na wa...many of us stay with hosts and pretend as if those hosts are not incurring and paying additional bills having you around. They pay rent electricity power and waste at the least. I know someone who never assisted with anything with her host....not even a single grocery shopping during her almost 4 months stay! Meanwhile she was eating 3 square meal in that house. It's not fair and so if they treat you unfairly too bad!! Same with cleaning....pregnancy is not disability....you use the bathroom don't you?...if you were alone won't you clean your mess? She will even cook their food with their electricity and cook for herself only....chop and clean mouth...they carried her to all her visits follow up and even stayed with her during hospital delivery and recovery...did she fuel their cars? No! Even picked her from the airport (45 minutes away) when she arrived.

Think about this if you were to stay in a rented apartment you'd pay rent and utitlities, do grocery shopping and pay for uber/lyft...this can total up to $2500 monthly depending on location ...because you're being hosted you'll now remember dollar is 470 and US is expensive....are they the ones who impregnated you and told you to come and give birth in the US? Maybe if you spend just $200 on monthly grocery shopping and give their children $20 tokens once in a while they'll treat you with more respect...they're not hungry and they've been surviving before you came but it's just courtesy.

Now that particular person said she wont host anyone again. She don spoil ground for others.

The truth is some hosts can be overbearing and all but many of us are free loaders.....if your hosts are so bad must you stay there? But no we stay there because it is awoof and we don't pull our weight and keep complaining...

Please lets.fear God.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 5:18am On Nov 07, 2016
Toks congratulations o... U were so prepared.
Thank for everything.
The black market dollars must have been painful...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 5:26am On Nov 07, 2016
People generally have good or bad experience staying with hosts...

Some assist with everything and they are taken advantage of. Some don't and it goes bad.

I remember reading how a lady who was assisting with groceries and things in d house was bein taken advantagd of... When things arrive for the baby they are always like u have money o. And dey would borrow money from her and form like dey forgot... It was terrible for... She was almost running out of cash. And they were so tight fisted.

These "Americans" know how to take advantage of people too...

So it's back and forth thing. How many of them come to Naija and raise a finger to clean? Or do groceries or fuel d car they are using... Just a few.

It's definitely not a one size fits all.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Rebarobyn: 5:35am On Nov 07, 2016
firsttymum:
People generally have good or bad experience staying with hosts...

Some assist with everything and they are taken advantage of. Some don't and it goes bad.

I remember reading how a lady who was assisting with groceries and things in d house was bein taken advantagd of... When things arrive for the baby they are always like u have money o. And dey would borrow money from her and form like dey forgot... It was terrible for... She was almost running out of cash. And they were so tight fisted.

These "Americans" know how to take advantage of people too...

So it's back and forth thing. How many of them come to Naija and raise a finger to clean? Or do groceries or fuel d car they are using... Just a few.

It's definitely not a one size fits all.

That is true but anyone can take advantage of you even in naija once you give the impression that you're rich. At some point you must learn to say no I'm sorry or I'm low on cash and also be discrete. If you truly have been giving I don't think they'll take it in bad faith.

Most times people who come and stay with you in naija will not stay so long so you really can't compare plus if you'll.be objective they are kind of more burdened with bills and taxes than us.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mom2015: 6:14am On Nov 07, 2016
Rebarobyn:

However that being said maybe I should mention this in this forum....the way we naija people behave at times na wa...many of us stay with hosts and pretend as if those hosts are not incurring and paying additional bills having you around. They pay rent electricity power and waste at the least. I know someone who never assisted with anything with her host....not even a single grocery shopping during her almost 4 months stay! Meanwhile she was eating 3 square meal in that house. It's not fair and so if they treat you unfairly too bad!! Same with cleaning....pregnancy is not disability....you use the bathroom don't you?...if you were alone won't you clean your mess? She will even cook their food with their electricity and cook for herself only....chop and clean mouth...they carried her to all her visits follow up and even stayed with her during hospital delivery and recovery...did she fuel their cars? No! Even picked her from the airport (45 minutes away) when she arrived.

Think about this if you were to stay in a rented apartment you'd pay rent and utitlities, do grocery shopping and pay for uber/lyft...this can total up to $2500 monthly depending on location ...because you're being hosted you'll now remember dollar is 470 and US is expensive....are they the ones who impregnated you and told you to come and give birth in the US? Maybe if you spend just $200 on monthly grocery shopping and give their children $20 tokens once in a while they'll treat you with more respect...they're not hungry and they've been surviving before you came but it's just courtesy.

Now that particular person said she wont host anyone again. She don spoil ground for others.

The truth is some hosts can be overbearing and all but many of us are free loaders.....if your hosts are so bad must you stay there? But no we stay there because it is awoof and we don't pull our weight and keep complaining...

Please lets.fear God.

I don't think that is true, u only heard one side of the story, on several occasions I have heard and seen hosts starve their visitors, refuse them from using the so called electricity, refused to take them for appointments, refused them to go out like they were slaves, refused to even eat the grocery the visitors buy, refused to take care of the baby even when they know the mom is a first tym mom, says the visitor is dirty and calls her names, even go as far as saying an adult doesn't know how to wash plates!!!! When the baby was delivered, the neotal Doctor said the baby had lost weight in the last few weeks of preggy.
Meanwhile, the host actually begged the visitor to come over so she can help with her kids even after she had paid a rent somewhere else,and clean the house which they usually do. I don't believe a pregnant woman who is about to give birth should be subjected to such harshness, it's even unhealthy to go thru so much stress at the last stage of pregnancy and yes if the person is alone he/she will not spend as much as $2,500 per month like u suggested, it's way cheaper with less stress and less arguments and like someone rightly said these so called americanas don't usually do anything whatsoever whenever the come to visit in naija. And yes!! Naija isn't as rosy or comfortable as usa so it's usually better to rent a place for those looking to give birth to prevent u from being subjected to modern day slavery.
That's my 2 cents tho .... Or better still use the accommodation plan nerf suggested in part 4, at least u know ure doing this for free accommodation. The truth is that everyone has a story to tell i.e. The host and visitor.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Rebarobyn: 6:20am On Nov 07, 2016
mom2015:

I don't think that is true, u only heard one side of the story, on several occasions I have heard and seen hosts starve their visitors, refuse them from using the so called electricity, refused to take them for appointments, refused them to go out like they were slaves, refused to even eat the grocery the visitors buy, refused to take care of the baby even when they know the mom is a first tym mom, says the visitor is dirty and calls her names, even go as far as saying an adult doesn't know how to wash plates!!!! When the baby was delivered, the neotal Doctor said the baby had lost weight in the last few weeks of preggy.
Meanwhile, the host actually begged the visitor to come over so she can help with her kids even after she had paid a rent somewhere else,and clean the house which they usually do. I don't believe a pregnant woman who is about to give birth should be subjected to such harshness, it's even unhealthy to go thru so much stress at the last stage of pregnancy and yes if the person is alone he/she will not spend as much as $2,500 per month like u suggested, it's way cheaper with less stress and less arguments and like someone rightly said these so called americanas don't usually do anything whatsoever whenever the come to visit in naija. And yes!! Naija isn't as rosy or comfortable as usa so it's usually better to rent a place for those looking to give birth to prevent u from being subjected to modern day slavery.
That's my 2 cents tho ....

I witnessed a couple of weeks in this particular case so it's not hear say or gist. I observed with my own eyes.

Unless you see with your own eyes people will never tell you the full story. The story you posted seems to have another side...why would you stay to be subjected to such if you've paid rent elsewhere...to the extent that youre not allowed to go out or use electricity? Are you an illegal immigrant? doesn't add up

And truly if you will take care of yourself and your baby if you are living in a rented apartment you might as well do it yourself if you're living with someone....you can't have a sense of entitlement when it's not like you're paying them..I started bathing my first child from day 2...somehow I learnt and I got a hang of it when I had my baby...now I've had a couple more and I'm doing just fine

And this is a learning point for those of us with girl children to groom them to be independent. By the time you're getting married you should be able handle a new born...learn from sisters neighbours anybody...this generation is full of people demanding to be spoonfed

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mom2015: 6:32am On Nov 07, 2016
Rebarobyn:

I witnessed a couple of weeks in this particular case so it's not hear say or gist. I observed with my own eyes.

Unless you see with your own eyes people will never tell you the full story. The story you posted seems to have another side...why would you stay to be subjected to such if you've paid rent elsewhere...doesn't add up

Just like ur story dosent add up as well, did u actually ask the visitor her reasons for not assisting at all.

Like I said it has happened to a couple of people on this thread so it's not about me at all...u may as well read their stories for those that were nice enuf to write it out and for those cases I also saw with my own eyes!!!! So Abeg all this stories of helping the visitor dosent make sense to me, if they really wanted to assist they shud t be complaining so much. Who doesn't know that having a visitor is going to inconvenience him/her? They shud have said no in the first place , it's not like anyone forced them to take the visitor into their house Abeg.... Enuf of these host/visitor story

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Rebarobyn: 6:39am On Nov 07, 2016
mom2015:

Just like ur story dosent add up as well, did u actually ask the visitor her reasons for not assisting at all.

Like I said it has happened to a couple of people on this thread so it's not about me at all...u may as well read their stories for those that were nice enuf to write it out and for those cases I also saw with my own eyes!!!! So Abeg all this stories of helping the visitor dosent make sense to me, if they really wanted to assist they shud t be complaining so much. Who doesn't know that having a visitor is going to inconvenience him/her? They shud have said no in the first place , it's not like anyone forced them to take the visitor into their house Abeg.... Enuf of these host/visitor story

I didn't ask her because it wasn't like I knew her before then but it's just common sense. I was cleaning up after her for 3 weeks and I was almost due.

Please let's tell ourselves the truth. If you're too lazy at least be willing to spend....you can't be lazy and stingy at the same time. It is a sin grin

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mom2015: 6:59am On Nov 07, 2016
Rebarobyn:

I didn't ask her because it wasn't like I knew her before then but it's just common sense. I was cleaning up after her for 3 weeks and I was almost due.

Please let's tell ourselves the truth. If you're too lazy at least be willing to spend....you can't be lazy and stingy at the same time. It is a sin grin

Except if ure staying with ur nuclear family, they would still have said something bad about u behind u or u guys would have had one or two misunderstandings...and I don't think u will be very comfortable there as well as to be living on ur own. And a lot of people have medical issues associated with their pregnancy eg a woman that has pre eclampsia etc.

I understand ur take but I believe that if we don't hear the other persons story we won't understand the true picture. grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 8:11am On Nov 07, 2016
Rebarobyn:

And this is a learning point for those of us with girl children to groom them to be independent. By the time you're getting married you should be able handle a new born...learn from sisters neighbours anybody...this generation is full of people demanding to be spoonfed

And boy children too.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sucre26: 8:20am On Nov 07, 2016
Hi everyone, Please I neee advice. I gave birth a year ago in Maryland but the hospital bill was way more than the expected amount i had. So I've been on a monthly payment plan since then. I also haven't returned back to the Usa since I got back. My visa will be expiring very soon. Is it advisable to apply for a new visa while still owing or just finish the payment before applying for an new one. Has this happened to anyone before? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DerinDee: 9:04am On Nov 07, 2016
Hello all..this is my first time on nairn land. grin Happy to be on board. Please I would really love info from.someone (or if you know anyone) who has used Houston northwest medical centre. I've found a doctor whose fee is 1700 and the hospital is 2000 for vaginal delivery. But don't have an idea of pediatrician fees

Please I would love to get any information especially with regards pediatrician fees and also cost and time frame in getting baby's documents. Thank you so much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 9:17am On Nov 07, 2016
dami20:
Thanks a lot @firsttymum.

I have contacted two hospitals in new York and their fee is between $10000 - $12000 without doctor's fee. But will b glad if anyone can provide me with contacts of other hospitals in new york that are cheaper.

Is it compulsory you give birth in NY? Try other states, you never can say.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by misscanada123: 9:19am On Nov 07, 2016
Rebarobyn:

However that being said maybe I should mention this in this forum....the way we naija people behave at times na wa...many of us stay with hosts and pretend as if those hosts are not incurring and paying additional bills having you around. just $200 on monthly grocery shopping and give their children $20 tokens once in a while they'll treat you with more respect...they're not hungry and they've been surviving before you came but it's just courtesy.

The truth .

My sister you Don talk am finish. When people say how can one expect pregnant woman to be sweeping floor I am dumbfounded. For someone not on bedrest I see no reason why sweeping with a long broom is problematic.
The fact that we can afford housemaid in naija has spoilt us.
If your host was pregnant wouldn't she sweep?

I stayed with my aunt when i went to have my baby and though I didn't have plenty $$$ I sometimes bought grocery, buy fuel in car and run errands and pick the kids from soccer practice (I had a US driver license). I helped with laundry when i could.

I wasn't asked to do these things I just did as a gesture of appreciation. It was the least I could do seeing I was eating free food and adding to their bills.

Let's be considerate please.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 9:35am On Nov 07, 2016
chloe7:
Akorkor pounds to dollars is usually 1.4 or 1.55 but I think the brexit has made it 1.44 or so, so just do the mathematics and see if changing it to naira will pay you or changing it to dollars direct, what if you don't get dollars to travel? And atms are no longer working abroad, just consider all your options well well and all the best with the decision

Chloe Chloe, baawo? kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 10:00am On Nov 07, 2016
Chiowerri:
Am staying with family.

quote author=Akorkor post=50669401]Happy new months to everyone on this forum!! This month shall be a great month for us all. Amen

I beg @Chiowerri, damsell,bambambig, una be LA mom, are you staying with someone or you rent an apartment. If you rent an apartment can we share please.
Am making this request because I want to have a second plan in case if my host disappoint me. Don't want to be hanging in a strange man land.

And BY the way I know about the website airnb or so but I can't just pay like that without seeing what's on ground.

If you have any plan, please let's hook up. Will be in LA next week.
Look for an extended stay hotel their weekly rates are always good. and if you stay for a month your tax will be refunded and you won't be taxed again in the subsequent stay.
E.g studio 6
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 10:04am On Nov 07, 2016
firsttymum:

Even when I fly locally I carry it. Just in case. Usual preventable stress can be so annoying

That is the right thing to do
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 10:05am On Nov 07, 2016
fizzone:

My wife had our baby on Thursday and was discharged on Sunday. I went to the county at 8000 Stadium Drive the following Wednesday and they said they don't have the record . That I should check back after a week again.
That's what is giving me concern .
Contact the hospital then. It means they have not uploaded the details
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by cindermum: 10:08am On Nov 07, 2016
Please and sons too before they turn their wives into modern slaves. There's nothing wrong with boys learning too.

Rebarobyn:

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 10:10am On Nov 07, 2016
[quote author=Gagat post=50786130]

Congratulations. You can buy yam.at African market it's somewhere at West oak you can get the address and contact number on Google
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 10:17am On Nov 07, 2016
chloe7:

After B.C he still wants consent letter, anyway he knows we Nigerians are gangster?!
Lol due to the recent issues of child trafficking i'm sure that's why they sat up seriously, but our immigration is very lax very very lax, I remember in December when this David o and baby mama ish came up I mean they were taking the baby to Dubai without the mother and that wasn't the first time and we have immigration hian! If the babe didn't call everyone's attention the baby for go like that o fiam angry
BC doesn't cover for consent to travel.
The rules is that whom ever ( mother or father) is travelling with a minor(s)
should get consent from the non travelling parent.
Also if there is no mother or father (ie means passed )
then carry a death certificate of the late parent.
To avoid any issues
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 10:21am On Nov 07, 2016
freshtestimony:
Good morning mamas, pls @ what weeks will airfrance fly me?
I've decided to go alone, hubby will come with the kids later.

Thanks all for you contributions.
36 weeks or less for single
and less than 26 weeks for multiple.
Carry a medical report from your doctor stating you are fit to fly.
Also go to airfrance Website and print the page that mentions travelling when pregnant
So you can and be ready for all those people who talk without reading at airports

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by idonhear: 10:50am On Nov 07, 2016
I also contacted them, but mine is still May/June 2017, the estimated list of the Pediatrician fees was quoted for me. We really need a first hand information from those that have used the Hospital.

Which doctor is that please? I am yet to contact a doctor.

DerinDee:
Hello all..this is my first time on nairn land. grin Happy to be on board. Please I would really love info from.someone (or if you know anyone) who has used Houston northwest medical centre. I've found a doctor whose fee is 1700 and the hospital is 2000 for vaginal delivery. But don't have an idea of pediatrician fees

Please I would love to get any information especially with regards pediatrician fees and also cost and time frame in getting baby's documents. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 10:54am On Nov 07, 2016
Rebarobyn:

Unless you see with your own eyes people will never tell you the full story. The story you posted seems to have another side...why would you stay to be subjected to such if you've paid rent elsewhere...to

My people I tire for all these host talk.
See if you ask me you could actually avoid all these issues either from you or your host (na see finish dey worry both parties )
When planning for this journey please
Make accommodation rentals no 1.
To cut cost get a hospital that is close to roads that you can take the bus or train to cut cost.
If you are going to Houston for example
Stay close to Westminster or Richmond avenue from there you can get the metro bus to any interesting spot.
Cost $1.50 cash or $1 if you have a Q card.
As for staying alone you can. I did it I was alone until my DH and left 1 week after I put to birth then baby and me stayed for 3 weeks before I returned.
That was my first baby and C-section.
MY dears we can do it

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 10:57am On Nov 07, 2016
zitaspears:

Hello pls I really need your kind advice.
Please which of this hospital do u advise if use , I am really confused please
Well WHMC which is not on your list feeds the birth information into the data base the very next day. But check records in the hospital before you leave to be sure it is done.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.