Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,420 members, 7,836,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (981971 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 1:32am On Apr 04, 2017
chika77:
Hello everyone, I have been a silent reader and i have been following this trend from PART 1. I kinda need help about a particular post of a sister that gave birth in Philadelphia, PA and stayed in NEW JERSEY. I searched for the post from the beginning to the end but i couldn't find it.
Mamas and Papas in the house, i need information about that particular post or anyone that have DOCTOR & HOSPITAL DETAILS around Philadelphia, PA That is closer to NEW JERSEY..

The challenges am facing is, my host is in NJ and very close to Philadelphia, PA so, i can't use ST. MARY'S or ST PETERS because the two hospitals are so far away from the city am going to be staying.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE I NEED HELP.

THANK YOU.

The question is what part of NJ? Depending on where, Philadelphia may be 5 mins or more than an hr away.

St Mary's is in Langhorne... if i'm correct. Langhorne is roughly 30 minutes from Philly. So again, it depends on what part of NJ your host lives.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 1:37am On Apr 04, 2017
papi7:
Better borrow money if u can, put am inside your acc, print the statement and refund the person. Better to be safe than sorry.

Interesting.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chika77: 8:20am On Apr 04, 2017
Dr Fares $2000
Dr Zamani pediatrician (thru Dr Fares office) ‎$750. You'll pay total $2,750 at Dr Fares office.
St Mary's fees $4000 vaginal and $5000 CS.
Anesthesia for CS $1000
Epidural for vaginal delivery $750

titileps:
Good Day

Just in case you get anything please share with me. I am interested in Philadelphia. How much is birthing in St.Mary's and St. PETERS? Please assist. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chichi93(f): 8:20am On Apr 04, 2017
Good day house, please I will like to ask if it is wrong to use a government or public hospital in the US. Some one told me that your visa will not be renewed or you will be banned. Please is this true if you wld be paying all the normal self pay fees and no Medicaid or assistance? Also please has anybody in the house successfully renewed a visa or experienced issues renewing a visa after using a public hospital?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bisoye82: 8:23am On Apr 04, 2017
blue355:

I thot the prices are usually higher on their company website than the agents website
Not all the time.On my last trip,on Qatar website it was 1.6m for 3 adults 1 child 2 inf(promo tickets) while it was 2.4m on Wakanow.
Just check and compare prices on all their sites.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chika77: 8:24am On Apr 04, 2017
Pine Hill, NJ. Its very close to Philly so, i won't mind any hospital around the city or in philly.

TWoods:

The question is what part of NJ? Depending on where, Philadelphia may be 5 mins or more than an hr away.

St Mary's is in Langhorne... if i'm correct. Langhorne is roughly 30 minutes from Philly. So again, it depends on what part of NJ your host lives.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 9:13am On Apr 04, 2017
TWoods:

Interesting.

Welcome back Twoods... e don reach one week (or more) since ur last post. I don miss you no be small...

I really do enjoy reading your posts smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 9:37am On Apr 04, 2017
I have asked this same question once and no one seem to respond to it.

chichi93:
Good day house, please I will like to ask if it is wrong to use a government or public hospital in the US. Some one told me that your visa will not be renewed or you will be banned. Please is this true[b] if you wld be paying all the normal self pay fees and no Medicaid or assistance?[/b] Also please has anybody in the house successfully renewed a visa or experienced issues renewing a visa after using a public hospital?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dtush(f): 10:50am On Apr 04, 2017
mimimum:
Shebi you said you aren't pregnant the other time, you don dey plan in advance? grin

I am not pregnant yet, but i don dey wey skirt in advance for 2018, plus my visa will expire in Aug and i need to renew. Hopefully, dem no go call me for interview as i want to renew via dropbox
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ralphlauren(m): 12:47pm On Apr 04, 2017
Bisoye82:

Not all the time.On my last trip,on Qatar website it was 1.6m for 3 adults 1 child 2 inf(promo tickets) while it was 2.4m on Wakanow.
Just check and compare prices on all their sites.

I won't touch wakanow with a pole as their ticket prices are heavily inflated. They are literally robbing Nigerians blind !

Few months ago my folks wanted to book return tickets from Lagos to New York. The booking was made in December for a trip planned for January. As a result of the forex policy, it was impossible to use their bank cards to pay for the tickets. Sourcing for dollars to fund their dorm account was also a challenge.

So in desperation, they contacted wakanow. Wakanow quoted around 3.1million naira for both tickets.

I was told about it so I decided to check myself with BA online to see how much the tickets costs. Both tickets cost less around £2,700 so where the hell did wakanow get their own exchange rate from that resulted in a quote of over twice the price of the tickets. Even at the rate of 600naira to £1 at the time, it still doesn't explain how come they arrived at a 3million naira quote.

I ended up booking the tickets using my BA Amex card for both of them and they had absolutely no issues on both legs of their joinery. They were not asked to present the card used in making the booking or any of my IDs.

In conclusion, get someone based abroad to buy the tickets for you and reimburse the person by paying the equivalent into a naira account. You will end up saving tons of money that way and you won't have to deal with the hassle of sourcing for forex.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Gloriagee(f): 3:34pm On Apr 04, 2017
Hi dear,

Congrats on the birth of your new baby!!! Please do you mind sharing the hospital name and any contacts.

Gracias

Chanbaby:
Just summarize my bill based on the pm I receive. Sorry I missed out the induction and epidural bill

DR Xydas- 1700
HNWMC- 2000 (discharged after 2 days)
Epidural: $650
Induction - $200
Pead Visit - $714 ( had to call several times and battled with them cos initial bill given was $1428). I told them that I'm a self paying patient not insurance and I'm paying the complete money.
First visit- $30
Birth Cert $23 (for 1 copy)
Passport 165
VOA $200
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chirolechick: 4:28pm On Apr 04, 2017
Ah!! You haven't read this thread @ all o, the name of the hospital is HNWMC- Houston North West Medical Centre

Gloriagee:
Hi dear,

Congrats on the birth of your new baby!!! Please do you mind sharing the hospital name and any contacts.

Gracias

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tuttuh: 6:06pm On Apr 04, 2017
Pls i am headed to Chicago too first week in may. Can we share ideas on the accommodation ish. It's giving me a lot of headache
Thuttuh@gmail.com. Thanks

ubiaru:
Hi dear,please can you email me or send me your number to call.I will be leaving for Chicago in May and I need accommodation advice as what ibsee on line is too expensive.My email is ririkomo@gmail.com.
Thanks dear , I hv bought the ticket but she keep making this insinuations about the airline .just need someone who flew them of recent to clear my head .

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tuttuh: 6:10pm On Apr 04, 2017
Pls do you have an accommodation already. If not pls carry me in your port manteau. I'm leaving for Chicago first week in may and yet to sort accomodation. Any info pls

pointednose:
I went for my visa interview today in Lagos 7:30am appointment. My visa was granted. I will be back to give my transcript (though a lil complicated...lol).

I am a an early June mum, looking to travel 1st week in May.Houston-bound but might be porting to Chicago. Please cheap flight o, and what poe should I use if I want to port from Texas(from my visa application) to chicago.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MsDenise: 6:46pm On Apr 04, 2017
Any Houston bound mums on Emirates next week?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Oakbend16: 7:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
Missymo01:

Sorry about the denials, glad you corrected the error made during the first interview by coming out to declare your true intention. Which location did the interviews take place? If Lagos why not try Abuja a third time?

My wife n I (please search bj2012golf) were denied twice on Lagos but scaled through at Abuja with same information.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by pointednose: 7:12pm On Apr 04, 2017
@thuttuh I just sent you a mail. Please check
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashedzi: 9:35pm On Apr 04, 2017
Tuttuh:
Pls do you have an accommodation already. If not pls carry me in your port manteau. I'm leaving for Chicago first week in may and yet to sort accomodation. Any info pls

Make una carry me along pls, na the same train carry me o, this Accommodation ish is causing lots of worries. Here's my email address talk2omobaby@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by daddy111: 10:45pm On Apr 04, 2017
@elizabetha I got your email but you haven't responded. I'm interested in sharing the 2 bedroom suite in Chase suite. Send me an email and we can talk more. Thank you

elizabetha:

Hello fellow Nairalanders , I am also a May/June 2017 mama and am considering EL PASO. Anyone interested in staying in Chase Suites? Looking for some interested in shared accomodation (2 bedroom suites).....Let's connect ASAP!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by daddy111: 11:02pm On Apr 04, 2017
Hello House! I'd be staying in Chase Suite with my wife (April/May/June/July 10th). Anyone interested in staying in Chase Suites? We can share a 2 bedroom suite for $84/day ($42 each). There's no Tax or any hidden fee involved and they offers free shuttle services (3 mile radius) which covers Doctores Para Ti center. Holla at me and we can tallk more.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by creamygali: 11:59pm On Apr 04, 2017
[quote author=Fyorgyn post=52542070][/quote]
Accommodation was really great. I personally got great value for money. I don't regret my decision to go to LA at all.

@Fyorgn. I am LA bound in May using Dr. Mbagwu. Kindly help with accomodation info i see you had a good time in LA. I sent you a DM pls respond or we can chat my email is ladygee101@yahoo.com. Holla and help a mama pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Missymo01: 12:38am On Apr 05, 2017
Thank you so much for your response..i really appreciate. Both were in Lagos..i will think about giving Abuja a trail thats if hubby agrees because he's tired of retrying..i have gone through the page .. Thanks.. I hope the third attempt will be in our favour .. Amen ..
Oakbend16:

Sorry about the denials, glad you corrected the error made during the first interview by coming out to declare your true intention. Which location did the interviews take place? If Lagos why not try Abuja a third time?

My wife n I (please search bj2012golf) were denied twice on Lagos but scaled through at Abuja with same information.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 5:25am On Apr 05, 2017
chichi93:
Good day house, please I will like to ask if it is wrong to use a government or public hospital in the US. Some one told me that your visa will not be renewed or you will be banned. Please is this true if you wld be paying all the normal self pay fees and no Medicaid or assistance? Also please has anybody in the house successfully renewed a visa or experienced issues renewing a visa after using a public hospital?

I don't recall that there are "government" hospitals in the US. Hospitals here are privately owned, except maybe VA hospitals.

Be that as it may, the hospital you use is not the problem, the issue is when you use public assistance in defraying the costs of childbirth. That is not allowed under the terms of your visa.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 6:15am On Apr 05, 2017
Chirolechick:
Ah!! You haven't read this thread @ all o, the name of the hospital is HNWMC- Houston North West Medical Centre

I tire oh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chanbaby: 6:21am On Apr 05, 2017
Pls for all those that sent me pm Kindly ask ur questios here I dont have energy to type. Handling a 7weeks old BOY is no joke. Plus I'm home alone. Lets try to read well before asking questions. Than

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sugah: 7:58am On Apr 05, 2017
TWoods:

I don't recall that there are "government" hospitals in the US. Hospitals here are privately owned, except maybe VA hospitals.

Be that as it may, the hospital you use is not the problem, the issue is when you use public assistance in defraying the costs of childbirth. That is not allowed under the terms of your visa.

There are public ( usually government funded) hospitals, non-profit hospitals and private hospitals in US.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by deenairaland: 8:35am On Apr 05, 2017
Chanbaby:
Pls for all those that sent me pm Kindly ask ur questios here I dont have energy to type. Handling a 7weeks old BOY is no joke. Plus I'm home alone. Lets try to read well before asking questions. Than

Congrats Chanbaby and welcome back! Please how can I contact Dr.Xydas? I would really appreciate that information. To also clarify, did you say the doctors bill is now $2000?as opposed to $1700 that you paid. I thought I read something like that. Thank you for your response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Gloriagee(f): 9:36am On Apr 05, 2017
Guilty as charged. Thanks

Chirolechick:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 9:41am On Apr 05, 2017
TWoods:

County hospitals are the so called govt hospitals
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sexymj(f): 10:22am On Apr 05, 2017
Good morning. Please i need to talk to you.

TripleKMama:
TKM Snr & Jnr Update: End of Missionary journey.

Hi everyone. I've looked forward to writing Dis for long but time wont just let me. Truly, everything changes when baby shows. I arrived Nigeria few days ago to the glory of God. I salute baba God for victory. Nobody else to take this glory! He deserves my praise o!
In this journey, I was duped of N2m on my birthday in december and also had a near-fatal car crash (car is a write off!) but TKM snr & Jnr are all alive and well. No scratch!
I'll share my trip summary, delivery story and tips for anyone to learn cos I learnt a lot! I'll attend to PMs directly for details if necessary.
DELIVERY
I initially planned using st peters NJ but on arrival, I discovered more hidden fees at st peters so I started considering my plan B seriously. Apart from Vag delivery of $8000 and CSS $12,000, oda Fees included extra day for mum $1800 and extra day for baby $1300. I couldn't do dat so I decided to opt out. Eventually did St Mary's (thanks to Funtolash for all d tips & details). Vag delivery $4000 and CS $5000.
My delivery breakdown.
Dr Fares $2000
Pediatrician (Dr Zamani) thru Dr Fares office $750 inclusive of all baby's hosp assessment.
Hosp fee for CS $5000 inclusive of hosp tests.
Anesthesia $1000 (sent to u by post after discharge)
SSN applied for at d hosp along wit Birth Cert.
Birth Cert ready & collected at town hall 4 days after discharge (I applied monday & collected Friday). $10 per copy.
SSN arrived 3wks after birth. In between, I commenced applyin for USA passport by post. Paid $160 for expedited (came in post after 9days). Was told expedited was 2-3wks but regular application 6weeks. Since it will enter Xmas period, I did expedited. Adding USPS speed post, passport photo fee of $15, everything came up to around $220. It was well worth it cos it took d stress of carrying baby to NY off me. Not too mention logistics.
Infant ticket with BA $267. They insisted baby's ticket was 1 way saying that's the remaining part of the trip as baby must be attached to an adult. I paid at the airport on departure.
On board bassinet was provided, air hostesses were nice and helpful.

Talking about excess luggage, I was fortunate to meet considerate staff at the airport. I inevitably checked in 9 items. Plus stroller,car seat and base.
General Tips.
1. Pls don't Go alone if possible. It always helps. If u can afford it. I enjoyed d help I Got from my sister even tho because baby came 4wks early,it meant my sis eventually came "late" but still very helpful.
2. U need post delivery care especially after CS.
3. Open many new accounts and travel wit ATM cards. Walmart,Kmart, Burlington and many other small stores (Burger King etc) accept naija Viisa or mastercard at N325 per dollar.
4. Access Bank Atm is d best -until proven otherwise. Access bank monthly limit for POS & online transactions is $200.
5. Uber and Lyft are your best friends. Requires a USA registered Payment card.
6. Amazon baby registry is the best!
7. Use Nigeria visa cards to buy stuffs so that if you happen to return any, you stand the chance of receiving cash instead. That way, you get dollars at Good rate in exchange for your naira.
8. Ask for help anytime.
9. Pray. Pray. Pray. Have faith wen u pray!
10. Be confident you will succeed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by deenairaland: 10:22am On Apr 05, 2017
coolcathy:
In the spirit of giving back,
Flew Turkish airline to New York and American airline from New York to Houston with my 2years old son.
At JFK the cbp asked why I came,told him Childbirth and vacation,
He asked how long I intend to stay,told him 8weeks. And he took my finger prints and stamped us in.no other question was asked,no document was requested for.
No secondary inspection and at the agric section was directed to the exit door.my bag wasn't checked so all my foodstuff scaled through.the Poe was a breeze to the Glory of God.

Currently in Houston,will be using HNWMC and Doctor Xydas.
More testimonies coming soon

Hello Coolcathy. Please assist me with Dr. Xydas contact. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by deenairaland: 10:25am On Apr 05, 2017
dabson2020:

I responded to your mail already. You can send in the questions

Hello Dabson, please kindly assist with Dr.Xydas contact. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.