Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (976537 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OGreene: 7:00am On Apr 07, 2017
Good morning house. I am so new on this thread. I would love to hear your opinions regarding my friend's case (seriously not me smiley)

She applied for tourist visa with her hubby, she is visibly pregnant at this time, during the visa interview she was asked if she is preg, she told them yes. They were denied visa. She reapplied, this time she plainly stated its for the purpose of child birth, the VOs took their passports and hosp docs and told them to come back a week later. My friend picked up the passports but to her shock, still denial.

Please what could have happened? Am confused. She has travelled with her hubby before (not USA), they are employed in good organisations so money is not the issue. She intended staying with someone in the US.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OGreene: 7:03am On Apr 07, 2017
And I know people who made the mistake of applying for tourist visa instead of tellling the VOs its solely for child birth, they were denied. But when they reapplied the second time for child birth purpose, they all got their visas.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 7:42am On Apr 07, 2017
Me thinks it is better for your friend to sign on here so that she can go through the thread from pt 1-5 with you and know what she is not doing well.

OGreene:
Good morning house. I am so new on this thread. I would love to hear your opinions regarding my friend's case (seriously not me smiley)

She applied for tourist visa with her hubby, she is visibly pregnant at this time, during the visa interview she was asked if she is preg, she told them yes. They were denied visa. She reapplied, this time she plainly stated its for the purpose of child birth, the VOs took their passports and hosp docs and told them to come back a week later. My friend picked up the passports but to her shock, still denial.

Please what could have happened? Am confused. She has travelled with her hubby before (not USA), they are employed in good organisations so money is not the issue. She intended staying with someone in the US.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 8:41am On Apr 07, 2017
OGreene:

The denial may have something to do with the person she intends staying with in the US. Maybe he/she has a bad history with them. IMO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OGreene: 8:49am On Apr 07, 2017
Sure. I will finally get her to come on board. She is down and discouraged at the moment. She said she wants to focus on her baby and not stress herself anymore. But I have told her it can still work out.

chibertha:
Me thinks it is better for your friend to sign on here so that she can go through the thread from pt 1-5 with you and know what she is not doing well.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by OGreene: 8:54am On Apr 07, 2017
Ok. I will ask her about her contact detail.

I also suggested she contacts the hosp to be sure the problem is not from there. She said they did and the hosp wants to give them a letter to take to the embassy, that there is no issue

customised87:

The denial may have something to do with the person she intends staying with in the US. Maybe he/she has a bad history with them. IMO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:04am On Apr 07, 2017
haduwa:

No, HNWMC is in the northern part of Houston, our accommodation will be around the northern surburbs. Hopefully the ad comes up tomorrow. Then I can give more infos

Please those details should be on that ad or your website and not here

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SleekFullah(f): 9:39am On Apr 07, 2017
Hi, I have doctor Xydas' contact and even the letter sent to me/charges when I contacted his office....Justwise is it okay if I share it? And yes the letter is very recent...it was sent to me last month.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bisoye82: 9:51am On Apr 07, 2017
OGreene:
I believe something didn't check out most likely their host status.If she wants to try her luck again she should consider other stand alone accommodation options and also make sure that the Dr correspondence being used can be verified via phone/mail.

In respect of your 2nd post, cases differs and what works for A might not work for B.#noguarantees.
All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:03am On Apr 07, 2017
SleekFullah:
Hi, I have doctor Xydas' contact and even the letter sent to me/charges when I contacted his office....Justwise is it okay if I share it? And yes the letter is very recent...it was sent to me last month.

I guess the question is..why do you want to share it here?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Harisbabe: 10:34am On Apr 07, 2017
Gdmrning evry1. Pls how long does processing of baby's US documents take @ the maximum if it is expediated. This is to enable me know what date to book for my return joni so as not to finish documentation and just be in d US doing nothing. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SleekFullah(f): 11:22am On Apr 07, 2017
justwise:

I guess the question is..why do you want to share it here?
....oh well if you care to scroll back up you'll see that someone posted a request asking for info on doctor Xydas...its all good anyway...na silent reader I be...I just wanted to give back since I have also learnt alot from this forum.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:31am On Apr 07, 2017
SleekFullah:
....oh well if you care to scroll back up you'll see that someone posted a request asking for info on doctor Xydas...its all good anyway...na silent reader I be...I just wanted to give back since I have also learnt alot from this forum.

Email it to that person then.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MrsSugar: 12:29pm On Apr 07, 2017
Hello all
Thanks once again for this great forum,I honestly don't know how the testimony I had last month would have been possible. Shared my stories already

Got into Houston yesterday and want to share my Poe story,another victory testimony.

Flew KLM to Houston at 36weeks.Pls this is not for the faint hearted and won't advice anyone to try this,fly earlier if you can.I wasn't asked for fit to fly though I had one from my doctor.

Got to Houston safely,food on plane was DELICIOUS!IT JUST KEPT COMING LOL!

Got to the CBP officer.Very handsome and young hispanic guy
Our flight was the only one at the time so no crowd.Apparently he was gisting with another cute officer so they were both in good moods
CBP1:hello passport please(smiling)
Me:hello(hands over passport)
Cbp1:*looking at passport* you sure this is you ma'am (both CBP 1 n 2 chuckling)
Cbp2 :it would be a problem if it weren't her

Me:I was tired but had to laugh."Yes that's me" (pregnancy altered my looks a bit)

Cbp1:so you want to give birth in US why?
Me:my hubby and I want the best for our baby,its our first child and we scared of high mortality rate back home cos of past complications plus America ranks no 1 in obstetrics care
CBP:OK....but you'd have to follow my colleague to the other room for secondary inspection
Me:with a smile says okay

Then comes the almighty famous secondary inspection lol.

After 10minutes waiting with other people Cbp calls for me and I followed him to a room and sat.Just me and him

CBP:*typing and then pauses* oh I see you're here for child birth and you informed the embassy already
Me:yes
CBP:how long you here for?
Me:3 months
CBP:oh I see....to give you time to recover right?
Me:though I put in 8 weeks in my application, explained I was told the doc would have to certify me and my baby fit to fly before I could leave so had to extend my stay to 3months

CBP: okay
CBP:you have some papers to show me?

Me:handing all my docs

Cbp:pls keep all your receipts you'd need them when next you come into the US so you won't have issues okay?

Me:"nods* okay I will
At this point I knew it was a done deal!

Cbp: okay this checks out.You already made some deposits too i see.how much on you?

Me:Bleep dollars

Cbp:oh sh*t!!!!!I just typed and hit delete mistakingly. Sorry ma'am will have to do your paper work again

MesadI just dey look the guy )
He typed and gave me my papers after stamping me till October( 6 months).He didn't even notice my passport would expire September.
All took like 5min

Carried my luggage to agric.The guy says "oh from Nigeria hope you don't have Garri,yam or chicken products like knorr chicken lol".They know us well!
I said no just the regular knorr cubes he laughed and said "oh you been here before?" I said no but I'm aware of the rules,he says to his colleague "this one knows the rules even on her first trip". They both laugh.
He asks someone to help me with my bags without searching and I was free to go.

Houston Poe will be a breeze if your burden of proof is in order with your medical visa,no need to fear.It's when the story is otherwise then you may have a terrible experience.

Thanks to all Nairalanders!May God crown all the sacrifices and efforts we are making for our children with blessings.

23 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SleekFullah(f): 12:49pm On Apr 07, 2017
justwise:

Email it to that person then

If i had the person's email I wouldn't have bothered putting up the post I did na.... I believe if the person reads my post she'll let me know how to get in touch with her if she's still interested. Especially as she'd know I can't put it up on the forum.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 1:11pm On Apr 07, 2017
It depends on the city/state you will be at.
For birth certificate check city of choice website for that.
For US Passport if you are going to a city that doesn't have passport agency it means you will use post office or go to the city that has if it is close and if you can.all these will affect the date of processing.
Harisbabe:
Gdmrning evry1. Pls how long does processing of baby's US documents take @ the maximum if it is expediated. This is to enable me know what date to book for my return joni so as not to finish documentation and just be in d US doing nothing. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 1:17pm On Apr 07, 2017
@sleekFullah no need for long talk just tell the person to pm you. Then you reply and take if from there.
[quote author=SleekFullah post=55349228][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 1:38pm On Apr 07, 2017
SleekFullah:

If i had the person's email I wouldn't have bothered putting up the post I did na.... I believe if the person reads my post she'll let me know how to get in touch with her if she's still interested. Especially as she'd know I can't put it up on the forum.

Pm?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 2:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
Poe experience
1st baby was in 2015
renewed via dtop box got my visa in 5 days was not called for interview
ticket prices were on the high had to settle for Qatar airways alot of horror stories of pregnant women sent back from Doha and even USA
( after 32 weeks you have to fill a medif form and submit it to qatar 48 hours before you fly and you must get an approval letter from them and a medical fitness to fly from airport and ur dr, most peop, e dont know this)
Entry point was dulles (my tab was collected at boarding in doha and packaged seperately its a new usa ru, e for you to carry any device it must be in working condition)
Me :good afternoon
cbp: good afternoon mam
what are you here for
me: childbirth
cbp:I see your daughter, did you pay for her birth
me:yes
cbp:is your reciept with you
me:yes and handed it over
cbp:ok you good to go but you must fill your currency declaration form
me:thank you
went to secondary inspection counter C filled currency declaration(if ur carrying over $10k)
It took about a min but the money was not counted
alot of naija pips were there sha for counter B donno what thats for
chi.ling now awaiting delivery still confused about hospital cos no one to drop LO with if I head to henrico in virginia so may end up using sinia grase wnere sil can wat h her for me bit the henrico bill is ten
mpting but I noticed their letter head says midwifery pls is dr w.f good and capable and mamas where do u drop ur lo when ur in labour silly question but I need advice

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chika77: 2:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
Congratulations on Y''ll POE testimonies, May God perfect the rest.. Amen.

I want to ask why people always write XXXX $$ or BLEEP $$ when giving back on * HOME MUCH YOU HAVE ON YOU * IMO that's miss information because that isn't going to help other people trying to figure out how much is enough for them to take along on their trip.

This is not a dig on anyone, just saying.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drafrican: 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2017
[quote author=chika77 post=55352872]Congratulations on Y''ll POE testimonies, May God perfect the rest.. Amen.

I want to ask why people always write XXXX $$ or BLEEP $$ when giving back on * HOME MUCH YOU HAVE ON YOU * IMO that's miss information because that isn't going to help other people trying to figure out how much is enough for them to take along on their trip.

Nne na for security reasons lol
if u have a host take $3000-5000 above ur hospital bill
if you dont have a host take $5000-7000 above ur hospital bill( accomodation is about $1500 for big citirs and ur paying for 2months, feeding shppinng transport and unforseen circumdtances on the average most people go with $11000-$16000
hope that helps

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by biz8386: 3:22pm On Apr 07, 2017
Hello wonderful people,

Pls I need contact of affordable hospital and ob/gyn in Dallas. Av search the thread but the ones i saw are not reachable. Kindly assist plsssssss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nwayiomaaa: 3:41pm On Apr 07, 2017
Please i applied for B1/B2 Visa, i was asked if i intended going for a medical trip which i said nO. I was only about 4 weeks pregnant den and travelled 2months later for my intended vacation.
Now i wish to have my baby in USA; do i need to send a letter of intent to the embassy even though i have used my visa once for vacation as declared?

Also i need to inquire if anyone has used Dr E (Oakbend hospital). I intend using her based on recommendation of a friend but i need guidelines on the hospital as i hear sometimes the fee charged when u get there is different from the quote given for hospital fees. Any recent beneficiary of the hospital please help me with details and breakdown guidelines if possible.

Thirdly, i intend landing in Newyork and then booked a local flight to texas for two days later. Do you think i will have issues on why i dnt have a straight flight booked to Texas considering i declared having no relative in USA upon visa interview?

Lastly, any early July expectant mother planning for houston? Pls holla as i am searching for travel partner if possible.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by blue355: 3:51pm On Apr 07, 2017
chika77:
Congratulations on Y''ll POE testimonies, May God perfect the rest.. Amen.

Hi dear, if u would like to know how much u need mayb u could send one of them a pm. No one is compelled to disclose info they don't want to disclose.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by blue355: 3:57pm On Apr 07, 2017
Hi Nwanyiomaaa

Pls let's keep in touch. I'm Houston bound
Expecting LO abt that same time too.

Nwayiomaaa:
Please i applied for B1/B2 Visa, i was asked if i intended going for a medical trip which i said nO. I was only about 4 weeks pregnant den and travelled 2months later for my intended vacation.
Now i wish to have my baby in USA; do i need to send a letter of intent to the embassy even though i have used my visa once for vacation as declared?

Also i need to inquire if anyone has used Dr E (Oakbend hospital). I intend using her based on recommendation of a friend but i need guidelines on the hospital as i hear sometimes the fee charged when u get there is different from the quote given for hospital fees. Any recent beneficiary of the hospital please help me with details and breakdown guidelines if possible.

Thirdly, i intend landing in Newyork and then booked a local flight to texas for two days later. Do you think i will have issues on why i dnt have a straight flight booked to Texas considering i declared having no relative in USA upon visa interview?

Lastly, any early July expectant mother planning for houston? Pls holla as i am searching for travel partner if possible.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Harisbabe: 3:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
[quote author=chibertha post=55349916]It depends on the city/state you will be at.
For birth certificate check city of choice website

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by blue355: 4:22pm On Apr 07, 2017
@MrsSugar

Please share info on your posh accomodation , I'm interested. Can I pm you?

MrsSugar:
Hello all
Thanks once again for this great forum,I honestly don't know how the testimony I had last month would have been possible. Shared my stories already

Got in to Houston yesterday and want to share my Poe story,another victory testimony.

Flew KLM to Houston at 36weeks.Pls this is not for the faint hearted and won't advice anyone to try this,fly earlier if you can.I wasn't asked for fit to fly though I had one from my doctor.

Got to the CBP.Very handsome and young hispanic guy
Our flight was the only one at the time so no crowd.Apparently he was gisting with another cute officer so they were both in good moods
Cbp1:*looking at passport* you sure this is you ma'am (both CBP 1 n 2 chuckling)

Me:I was tired but had to laugh."Yes that's me" (pregnancy altered my looks a bit)

Me:my hubby and I want the best for our baby,its our first child and we scared of high mortality rate back home cos of past complications plus America ranks no 1 in obstetrics care
CBP:OK....but you'd have to follow my colleague to the other room for secondary inspection

After 10minutes waiting with other people Cbp calls for me and I followed him to a room and sat.Just me and him

CBP:*typing and then pauses* oh I see you're here for child birth and you informed the embassy already
Me:though I put in 8 weeks in my application, explained I was told the doc would have to certify me and my baby fit to fly before I can leave so had to extend my stay to 3months

Cbp:pls keep all your receipts when next you come into the US so you won't have issues okay?

Cbp: okay this checks out.You already made some deposits too i see.how much on you?

Cbp:oh sh*t!!!!!I just typed and hit delete mistakingly. Sorry ma'am will have to do your paper work again

He typed and gave me my papers after stamping me till October( 6 months).He didn't even notice my passport would expire September.
All took like 5min

Carried my luggage to agric.The guy says "oh from Nigeria hope you don't have Garri,yam or chicken products like knorr chicken lol".They know us well!
I said no just the regular knorr cubes he laughed and said "oh you been here before?" I said no but I'm aware of the rules,he says to his colleague "this one knows the rules even on her first trip". They both laugh.

Houston Poe will be a breeze if your burden of proof is in order with your medical visa,no need to fear.It's when the story is otherwise then you may have a terrible experience.

Thanks to all Nairalanders!May God crown all the sacrifices and efforts we are making for our children with blessings.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by reniduke(f): 4:40pm On Apr 07, 2017
Hi Mrs sugar, im in houston too. got in on wednesday. the flight via emirates is looooooong. i have never experienced such in my life, my last US trip was on United airlines so 17 hours direct from Lagos,while this one was 30 hours total, abeg it was a lesson in endurance, food was pfft. I'm just 32 weeks so ds your KLM must have been sweet for una with 36weeks belle.

Anyway, our POE story is similar and since i cant figure out how to type on nairaland unless Im replying someone, lemme just state where mine was different from yours.
1. I flew emirates, They asked for my fit to fly on emirates.
2.when i landed in houston, no body asked for a single document, not doctor's records, evidence of payment, like nothing, all my papers stayed in my bag, and i found myself asking them, sorry, is that all?
3. First officer asks what im here for, i say maternity leave, he says ure pregnant?!?, (cos i dont look it, if you're not looking for it), he asks if anyone is joining me later, i say husband, he says cool. any food, i say no, he says- not even egusi, I say not even that. Then i ask him if he's had egusi before, he says- does it taste like mangoes? i laugh, i tell him what it is, he laughs and says, sorry to keep me further, but i just need to see one more officer.
4. Then I got sent to secondary check where i was getting nervous for nothing. Officer said he just wanted to tell me I had done well by notifying the embassy in Naija and then he calls two of his colleagues to read the email the embassy sent them about me, then he starts to gist me about two other women who lied about pregnancies and how they were denied entry. I make all the right, "ehn ehn", "oh my" sounds and he says i should keep it up, honesty and all and ensure my hospital gives me a clear bill before i leave. He Asked how much i had but did not ask to see any proof even when i told him i don't have cash only card (must be my angelic face).
4. NO agric visit, the end!!!

Thanks Nairalanders in this forum!!!

MrsSugar:
Hello all

Got in to Houston yesterday and want to share my Poe story,another victory testimony.

Got to the CBP.Very handsome and young hispanic guy

Me:though I put in 8 weeks in my application, explained I was told the doc would have to certify me and my baby fit to fly before I can leave so had to extend my stay to 3months

Cbp:pls keep all your receipts when next you come into the US so you won't have issues okay?

All took like 5min

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.