Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,449 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975823 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by YETI28: 7:43am On Sep 28, 2017
PrinceAdeAde:
Hello All,

Thanks for the information and support. My journey ends here. Just some tips based on my wife second US birthing experience
1. You need two valid means of identifications(preferably driver's licence & international passport) to process and collect US docs(Birth certificate,US Passport). My wife licence expired before she traveled and she forgot this requirement so it was not as straightforward as her first experience. Alternatively, you can use work ID or any US resident to identify you.

2. Visa on Arrival is way cheaper and hassle free than it is made to look[i](the only cheaper option on the long run is if you are in atlanta and go for the baby nigerian passport)[/i]. Just send a mail to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng requesting for one using the format shared previously on the forum and you would be responded to early enough. in my case,I got a response the same day and please do it yourself and dont pay any processing money. You only need to pay the actual application fee to immigration which can be made on arrival($180 using card and $190 using cash though. Surprisingly,my wife mentioned they did not even look at any letter at Lagos Airport to give our baby the visa. Note that houston immigration requested to sight the actual email so you may want to keep your phone and email handy to avoid complications

Am always available on PM to assist with any further information.Good luck to all expecting mums and Dads. God Bless

Hello please, can you email the application format to me. thanks. boyety28@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Boladami: 9:37am On Sep 28, 2017
Hi House, please I need urgent explanation on how to get the notarization done from Nigeria. My sister in law just had a baby and she needs to get this done to get the baby's American passport.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 10:41am On Sep 28, 2017
Boladami:
Hi House, please I need urgent explanation on how to get the notarization done from Nigeria. My sister in law just had a baby and she needs to get this done to get the baby's American passport.

let her hushabd take the form to US High comission in Lagos or Abuja and get it signed. He aould need to chwck the embassy website for the time they attend to such services.
Some states allow any notorary public to sign and endorse. so she can find out...
when its done he would send it to her DHL, FEDEX UPS would do justics....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favouredmum: 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
Good morning all,

Got into the U.S on Tuesday for my second missionary journey with Turkish airline and my POE was CHICAGO. Will come back to share my experience at the Poe soon but it was not bad at all.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doreese: 1:08pm On Sep 28, 2017
Good morning all

So I finally landed in the US and POE was Atlanta and almost smooth. Lol, will be back to share my experience.

Need to rest now.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ajobi21: 5:15pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hello house, This is me giving back �
I got into the US on 18th of September at 35 weeks pregnant through Turkish airline with my toddler. I went with my fit to fly from my doctor to the airport but they insisted I still go to port health ( I feel they are just looking for business for themselves jare). The lady at the porthealth was soo cold saying they never issue fit to fly at 35 weeks. I knew she was just being difficult so I insisted that it's on my airline policy that 35wks is okay. She finally did it and afterwards, my hubby dash her 1k...come and see her shine the brightest smile ever. Smh!!.
Anyway I almost missed my connecting flight at Turkey cus it was just 1 hr wait but thank God we made it. I travelled with my toddler.
We finally got to New York and the queue was so oooo long. A lady came to move us to self service, I got my slip and was moved to poe. This was the fastest interrogation ever!!
The officer asked why I was there...I said child birth. He then asked how much I had, I told him. The officer had no issue but his colleagues ear stood cus d money was like 9500 and so the colleague interrogated further , if it was because I didn't want to declare 10k that I made it 9500, I said no, that it just happened that was how much I got after changing to dollars. He said okay and they stamped my visa. He asked me what food I had, I said garri and could not even translate the others in English (pap, amala, crayfish, ogbono). He just asked me to go, didn't even send me to Agric

I kept looking back cus I didn't believe that was all. Then I noticed my son's passport wasn't stamped but didn't want to go back to same guy before he will remember something he forgot. So I asked another officer walking by who then told me they don't stamp pasport for citizens again.
I was so happy cus nothing was asked sef even though I had carried everything. I had my toddler in US in 2015 but I wasn't even asked for receipts.

My visa was b1/B2 which was renewed through Dropbox in December. I almost wanted to travel during the course of the year just to "use" the visa for visit purpose but thank God I didn't! .

I'm in New jersey now in a rented apartment waiting for baby's arrival. I'm still yet to understand this notarisarion from Naija and VOA cus my hubby was here the last time. Hopefully I will understand it before baby comes, if not, someone who has done it in NJ can give me expo.
All the best guys

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oppaxy: 5:38pm On Sep 28, 2017
Please which hospital will u be using in Chicago?

Ramj:
Whats good family..
Why is this place dull naa. cool
Any late Feb/Early March moms heading for Chicago lets team up. Wifey is due this period.

PM me. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by oppaxy: 5:41pm On Sep 28, 2017
Congrats on your smooth entry.... I sent u a mail

Which hospital r u using?

favouredmum:
Good morning all,

Got into the U.S on Tuesday for my second missionary journey with Turkish airline and my POE was CHICAGO. Will come back to share my experience at the Poe soon but it was not bad at all.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Cyncocin: 6:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hello! Hope your trip was good . Please what hospital and dr are you using in New Jersey . I plan on going to New Jersey but not much information here on New Jersey .
I'll apppreciate a reply
ajobi21:
This is not true. I did a vbac in New jersey and I paid the price for vaginal delivery. Unless if you are telling me that it is different for Houston.

Doctors charge more for VBAC as well. Typically more expensive than what they would charge for CS. Not uncommon for the price to be the cost of CS x 2.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ajobi21: 6:32pm On Sep 28, 2017
Cyncocin:
Hello! Hope your trip was good . Please what hospital and dr are you using in New Jersey . I plan on going to New Jersey but not much information here on New Jersey .
I'll apppreciate a reply
Hi, I am using Dr Fares and St. Mary's general hospital

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favouredmum: 6:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
Good afternoon all,

Left Nigeria on Monday via Turkish airlines with my daughter. Everything went well in Nigeria and my fit to fly from the hospital was accepted. Had an 8hrs layover in instanbul and was given a bed in the resting room for that period.

Fast forward the 8hrs waiting period, we boarded our flight from Istanbul to Chicago and I was the only pregnant lady on board. By the way, I didn't like the service from the Turkish airlines hostesses. We arrived Chicago at 5pm and I headed to join the queue. It was really fast and I was directed to the front. Met the cbp i was directed to and handed our passports to him.

Cbp 1 - hi
Me - hi
Cbp 1 - why are you here and how long are you staying
Me - I am here to have a baby and would be here for 2 months
Cbp 1 - oh, you are pregnant and can see you had ur daughter here in 2015
Me - Yes
Cbp 1 - how much do you have with you
Me - $xxxxx,£xxxxx and €xxxxx. In total, a lil over 9k
Cbp 1 - oops, my system is hanging, I will have to direct you somewhere else where the system is ok
Me - not a problem

He hands me over to another cbp who was to lead me to secondary inspection and that was where the drama started
Cbp 2 - you had your baby here in 2015 and you are here to have another one
Me - yes
Cbp 2. - you Nigerians don't pay your bills
Me - pls don't say that again. I paid my bills and you can't speak that way for everyone. I have my receipts and zero balance to prove that.
Cbp 2 - how much did you pay
Me - I paid $5815
Cbp 2 - that's so small. An uncomplicated birth is a minimum is a minimum of $25k
Me - I didn't manufacture the bills and zero balance and paid exactly what I was billed. However, I am self pay and not insured

At this point, the guy was furious and started vibrating. He JST walked out on me but I made sure I didn't let him shut me up because that was what he tried to do. I went to seat waiting to be called. My daughter kept playing and after a while the same cbp officer asked for my documents and I gave him the envelope that contained doctors appointment, zero balance, leave letter from my office, consent letter from my husband with his data page, marriage certificate, budget estimate for the trip and Airbnb confirmation receipt.
After 2hrs my daughter got cranky and started shouting that she wanted to leave the place. I tried to pacify her hold on a lil longer till we get out passports but instead she started shouting I want to go Mummy, where is my mummy's passport. At this point, another lady brought juice and cookies for her to calm her down and then I was called again

Cbp 3 - hello ma'am, do you have a doctor's appointment
Me - yes I do
Cbp 3 - can I see it
Me - an officer has collected that Abt 2hrs ago
Cbp 3 - oh I am sorry about that let me confirm

She goes inside and comes out to say it wasn't with anyone inside. I insisted that it was collected from me and she should confirm from her colleagues. After a minute she comes out again with my documents and continues her questions

Cbp 3 - when is ur due date
Me - I responded
Cbp 3 - how much do you have with you
Me - I told her
Cbp 3 - can I see it
Me - sure and I bring it out

After this, she hands my documents to me and asks me to sit that another officer would be with me shortly. After 2 mins, another cbp officer calls me

Cbp 4 - ma'am, heres your passport. You are good to go
Me - thank you
Cbp 4 - by the way, I loved the way you arranged your documents. Well done and good luck
Me - thank you.

Carried my load and left. My bags were scanned at agriculture but notin was seized. Checked my passport when I got home and realized I was stamped in for 6 months.

That's my Chicago Poe experience.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Beautyaddy: 7:16pm On Sep 28, 2017
Lol!!Chicago POE is one of the toughest airports to pass through. Those CBP officers are always on high alert with their extra scrutiny.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by elohim24: 7:52pm On Sep 28, 2017
Babatwi:

@ elohim24

I'll try as much as possible to address your concerns as you raised them.

Yes,it is when you go for interview that you will take your supporting documents with you.

It is not compulsory for your Nigeria Dr to communicate with your US Dr,except on the request of your US Dr.

3 million Naira is on the low side for both of you. Try and do a budget and take it with you when going for interview,it gives the impression that you have done your homework (if you need help on this just type budget sheet on the search space on top of this page and narrow it to travel section,it will give you an idea) Try and make the funds in your account be above your budget,so that it won't be as if you want to use all your savings to go and born abroad.

Yes,printout of email correspondence between you and your US doctor should do.
thank you bro, I appreciate. will keep you informed

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doreese: 10:20pm On Sep 28, 2017
Okay so am back. Lol

Long post alert. So my flight was for 10.30 pm and I left Ajah by 4 cos I heard traffic in Lagos was gangster that Wednesday. I spent over 4 hours on 3mb traffic. Apparently a truck had broken down somewhere. By this time I was already frantic that I wouldn't meet my flight. I checked in online and kept praying. 8.30 I just got to the end of 3mb and decided to take oshodi. Luckily for us the road was free. Got to the airport past 9. Check in was about to close. I quickly rushed to the line. There was no queue, my bag wasn't searched . I wasn't asked for fit to fly, neither was I asked to go to quarantine. I checked in and proceeded to board.

Used delta airlines. Flight was long but thankfully I was close to the restroom and had an aisle seat so I could go to the bathroom frequently.

Landed Atlanta and proceeded to customs. It seems ours was the only flight that landed that morning so the queue wasn't long.

It got to my turn and the con asked for my passport. I have it to her and she asked what I was here for. I said childbirth. Asked why us and I explained I had had 2 misccariages and this was my first child so I wanted the best healthcare. Then she said but healthcare is also good in Nigeria and that anything couldalso happen here and I replied yes we do have good healthcare but lack infrastructure in case of any complication and that my child gets to enjoy dual citizenship.

She asked how much I had on me told her 9800. Asked if I had more told her I did in my don acct in Nigeria totalling 14k usd cos at my interview I had stated my budget as 15k usd. Probably she don't hear me well she directed me to secondary inspection and wrote 14k usd on my custom form but stamped my passport.

Got to sec inspection. Waited 10 mins till I was called. Was asked how much I had on me. Told the con 9800 then he asked why the previous lady wrote 14k so I explained it was in my usd aget back home that I only had card. Asked the name of my doc who I'll be staying with if I had an appointment and when. I answered all questions.

No documents was asked for. My money wasn't even counted. Asked if I had food stuff. I said yes I had declared them on my custom form.

He told me to wheel my luggage to the scanner. I opened my box. I carried garri ,iru, dry fish pepersoup spice pepper crayfish and indomie chicken. Only my indomie was seized. I proceeded to join my connecting flight.

On getting to my destination I saw that my other box was broken open by tsa and I saw the card saying my luggage had been searched. Nothing was missing though.

So thankful for this forum.

I wasn't even asked why I changed destination from El Paso to Los Angeles. Wasn't asked for any documents also. So all in all I'll say it was smooth.

Wanted to specially thank @fygorgyn for assistance in getting docs and hospital details and everyone who has been helpful so far

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aremso(m): 10:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
blueblood1:

hi, please wahts the cost like if one decides to birth in Chicago?

Thanks

pls can you share with me the hospital quote in Chicago pls pm arem.Sam@gmail. com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by michnib: 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2017
The process for notary service has changed in Nigeria recently. You have to schedule an appointment. Visit https://ng.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/ to schedule an appointment.
Got through either https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/under-16.html or https://eforms.state.gov/Forms/ds3053.pdf to print the DS-3053 form.

Boladami:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayotundesh: 10:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
doreese:
Okay so am back. Lol

Long post alert. So my flight was for 10.30 pm and I left Ajah by 4 cos I heard traffic in Lagos was gangster that Wednesday. I spent over 4 hours on 3mb traffic. Apparently a truck had broken down somewhere. By this time I was already frantic that I wouldn't meet my flight. I checked in online and kept praying. 8.30 I just got to the end of 3mb and decided to take oshodi. Luckily for us the road was free. Got to the airport past 9. Check in was about to close. I quickly rushed to the line. There was no queue, my bag wasn't searched . I wasn't asked for fit to fly, neither was I asked to go to quarantine. I checked in and proceeded to board.

Used delta airlines. Flight was long but thankfully I was close to the restroom and had an aisle seat so I could go to the bathroom frequently.

Landed Atlanta and proceeded to customs. It seems ours was the only flight that landed that morning so the queue wasn't long.

It got to my turn and the con asked for my passport. I have it to her and she asked what I was here for. I said childbirth. Asked why us and I explained I had had 2 misccariages and this was my first child so I wanted the best healthcare. Then she said but healthcare is also good in Nigeria and that anything couldalso happen here and I replied yes we do have good healthcare but lack infrastructure in case of any complication and that my child gets to enjoy dual citizenship.

She asked how much I had on me told her 9800. Asked if I had more told her I did in my don acct in Nigeria totalling 14k usd cos at my interview I had stated my budget as 15k usd. Probably she don't hear me well she directed me to secondary inspection and wrote 14k usd on my custom form but stamped my passport.

Got to sec inspection. Waited 10 mins till I was called. Was asked how much I had on me. Told the con 9800 then he asked why the previous lady wrote 14k so I explained it was in my usd aget back home that I only had card. Asked the name of my doc who I'll be staying with if I had an appointment and when. I answered all questions.

No documents was asked for. My money wasn't even counted. Asked if I had food stuff. I said yes I had declared them on my custom form.

He told me to wheel my luggage to the scanner. I opened my box. I carried garri ,iru, dry fish pepersoup spice pepper crayfish and indomie chicken. Only my indomie was seized. I proceeded to join my connecting flight.

On getting to my destination I saw that my other box was broken open by tsa and I saw the card saying my luggage had been searched. Nothing was missing though.

I wasn't even asked why I changed destination from El Paso to Los Angeles. Wasn't asked for any documents also. So all in all I'll say it was smooth.

Wanted to specially thank @fygorgyn for assistance in getting docs and hospital details and everyone who has been helpful so far

Congratulations to you!

I hope to be in Atlanta by next month!

Wishing you the very best dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by michnib: 10:54pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hi, Please I need help with information on how to apply for visa-on-arrival for my baby. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 1:04am On Sep 29, 2017
michnib:
Hi, Please I need help with information on how to apply for visa-on-arrival for my baby. Thanks in anticipation.

Use the search button above and type visa on arrival there. Everything you need will appear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ijesco: 1:16am On Sep 29, 2017
I don't know about naija but I know that in the US its not compulsory. The process is just for you to fill the record of birth at the hospital which will be translated into the birth certificate.
quote author=kazchick post=60862173]

Please I am interested in this. How do you go about this? Is there any process involved? Esp in this Naija. I had always thought that putting the father's name on the birth certificate is always compulsory?[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aremso(m): 8:29am On Sep 29, 2017
Cyncocin:
I'll apppreciate a reply

hello,

can you give me the hospital /Dr quote for NJ kindly pm arem.Sam@gmail. com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aremso(m): 8:36am On Sep 29, 2017
doreese:
Okay so am back. Lol

hello,

congrat kindly give me the details of hospital/dr
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aremso(m): 8:37am On Sep 29, 2017
doreese:
Okay so am back. Lol

hello,

congrat kindly give me the details of hospital/dr pm arem.Sam@gmail. com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Senatornuella: 8:41am On Sep 29, 2017
Hello everyone,

I had my son in the US last year and I just arrived on the 28th of September,to have another. I will share my experiences from visa application and my two point of entry experience just so many can learn and be encouraged.

In 2015, when I was almost 5months gone my friend call me she too was pregnant to tell me she was applying to go give birth there. She got invite from her brother in-law who works with the us army and got the visa so I bidded her farewell and good luck and continued with my bring preggy in naija. Two weeks later my husband said to me baby get ready you will go and have this baby in the us, my response was 'please let me be, I don't want any heartbreaks biko' we don't have anybody in the us, we no nobody and I don't have the strength for us embassy refusal' moreover my friend who just left said it cost about $30,000/to have a child there, that is too much biko. NB: I hate it when I apply for visa and get refused, the thing dey pain me reach bone marrow cos me know say I must come back to my country so why you dey style for me. So I bone and continued enjoying my pregnancy in naija. Like a week my hubby came again and said babes xxxxx wife just went to have their child in the us, haba if they can do it then we can. Oh that really made me think about it. Do DH started to look for agents to help with the visa application process. First the agent bill my hubby 20k to get hotel reservation on booking.com. I was mad! In addition to that we will pay the agency 400k for the 2visas yet there are no guarantees. After DH paid the 20k i Told my husband that I will fill the application shebi na online things abi. So I went to bank paid the fees and logged online and filled for appointment and submitted, even when the form asked me for DSC no I used my passport number and added the AO prefix. Oya na! Feeling very fly that I had done what someone would have done for 400k. Then DH reached out to his friend who said that her YS had direct connect at the embassy and that she assures us that we will get it, but when the visa comes out DH will pay her 200k. So he gave her my number and she called me. When she started ask me questions like who is your contact person in the us, who did you state is your sponsor etc I knew something was wrong! I had not even filled my application form and my interview was in 15days. She said I should not worry she will send my details to her friend to correct it for me. We waited 5days and nothing was done so I started to read instructions on the visa site, filled a dsc form contacted support myself and explained that I needed to change the DSC number on my appointment to the right one and voila support did it. So I told her that I have done it and she was like 'oh okay! My contact travelled to the us and wasn't back yet that was the reason she couldn't do it for me. I submitted my form and we went for the interview and was refused. Ha! The thing pain me gaan! Why should I be refused! Got home and cried. At this point I was already 30 weeks gone. Oya see world people, this girl said 'ehn it is because I filled the application myself without her input , that all the ones she has done for people none has been refused. Some said I should have hidden my pregnancy.... Oh nairalanders the blames many. I went into my room and cried my heart to God to just comfort me! DH like 4days later gave me another money to apply again that he saw no reason why we should have been refused after all there are evidences of plenty ties in naija. So I went to buy pin after all all die na die! Applied again, got interview scheduled in the next days, we journeyed to Abj again and got interviewed with the same documents and information we had before when we first came. I will reproduce the first and second interview below
VO: let me have your passport (gave them to her)
Why are you going to the US
Me: to have my baby
VO: why?
DH: because I can afford it and it is legal
VO: what do you do ma'am
Me: I work with xxxxxx
VO: I am sorry, you have been refused (hands over the blue paper)

2nd interview

VO: hello
DH: good morning
VO: I see you were here 2weeks ago
DH: yes we were
VO: what has changed
DH: Nothing! I think we were not properly assessed
VO: okay, what do you do
DH: I am into xxxxxxx
VO: how do you earn monthly
DH: xxxxxxxx
VO: ma'am what do you do
ME: I am a xxxxxx
VO: asked for an advise that pertains to my profession and I was just answering like he really needed it only to discover he was actually finding out if I am who I say I am
VO: do you have an idea of how much it will cost
DH: about $10k
VO: shakes his head
ME: no it is more than that. I have a sketch of what we will spend in totality on a rough paper I made (at this time I didn't know this was called budget sheet. It was a sketch I was doing to bill hubby for the trip o)
VO': oh let me see ( I hand it over)oh this is more like it. ( it had doctor's fee, Hosp fee, accommodation, shopping, feeding, etc on it and it rounded up to almost 15k) (he hands us the white paper and started to advise that giving birth in the us us legal, just make sure you pay your bills, we can even pay the bills from naija, and when traveling we should go with every necessary document to show we have a doctor, can pay the bills and bla bla bla cos the us boarder protection had the right to grant us passage. And we left the embassy happier, giving thanks to God!

To be continue. (Still jet lagged)

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Xclusivemaama: 9:13am On Sep 29, 2017
doreese:
Okay so am back. Lol

wow!! congrats dear.. i am right behind you..Praying for a smooth trip too just like yours

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anizi(f): 10:09am On Sep 29, 2017
Hello please any richmond (oakbend) bound mama's willing to share accommodation from mid march - mid may 2018, please let me know so we can find one.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 10:12am On Sep 29, 2017
anizi:
Hello please any richmond (oakbend) bound mama's willing to share accommodation from mid march - mid april 2018, please let me know so we can find one.

This is more like my time o, bt i never make up my mind. Infact I just came here
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anizi(f): 10:29am On Sep 29, 2017
Please make up your mind abeg, concierge service is too expensive oh.

This is more like my time o, bt i never make up my mind. Infact I just came here[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Senatornuella: 11:40am On Sep 29, 2017
Part 2

So we left the airport happier. Went back to our hotel room and waited for 2 days to pick up the visas. On the D day my hubby went and picked up our visa, he couldn't even wait to get back to the hotel he snapped and sent me our visa page. Oh my joy knew no bound ' so me wey dey dread to apply for us visa since because I dey hear plenty tori of how them take dey refuse people don get visa' I thought to myself.' 'Baba God you too much' I praised my God. My DH got to the hotel he said babes come let go and buy our flight ticket. Ha so soon, I quizzed! Yes oh he answered, I no wan hear say you come born for here (because of the stress i have had to endure travelling to and fro abj for interviews and the process of the application. Gist for another day) when you already have visa. So we got to Lufthansa office and paid for our tickets I was to leave in 10days. We got back to the hotel, rested and was preparing to go back the next day my DH slipped and fell on his hand breaking his last finger and a crack on wrist bone. At first we told it was a small thing until the hand got swollen even before we got to the airport. Getting back home he went for an xray that showed what the problem was. The devil is a liar! They went ahead and casted the hand. On the very day a one handed man and a heavily pregnancy woman proceeded to america. Oh boy the walk at Frankfurt was crazy so when we got to US I was too tired so I climbed a wheel chair and because I was on a wheel chair I would get to the CBP first my DH too climb his own wheel chair. We got to the officer, he took our passport, looked at us and just sent us to the secondary inspection ( even at this time I did not know the implications of secondary inspection say na quarter to go be that) we got there, they took our passports and told us to sit. 4 hours pass we were still sitting no one attended to us. All these time I will go to the toilet to ease myself. By this time hunger don dey spell my first name. Ha 6hours hunger don reach my middle name. Na so I get up go meet one officer ask say why dem keep us here without attending to us and he said someone is attending to our matter. For 6 hours ni I quizzed on and he nicely said be patient. If I needed anything I should tell him so I told him I was hungry and he went inside and brought me noodles to eat. I went back and ate the food. Like an hour later they called my hubby inside. He spent like 30mins then they called me in.
CBP: ma'am why are you here
Me: to have my baby
CBP: do you have a doctor
Me: yes
CBP: any appointment
Me: yes
CBP: let me see it (show everything I had to him)
CBP: I see you paid some bills
Me: yes ( meanwhile my hubby was there ooo)
CBP: how much do you have
Me: just money in my cards, my hubby has 4k dollars with him and the rest he will pay from his card.
Another officer there collects the money from my husband and counts it
CBP: where are you staying
Me: we have booked an accommodation online and I showed him the printout
CBP: go and sit down (we leave the room back to our seats and na there my DH tell me say everything they asked me was what they asked him, so na confirmation I come do) where we sat for another 30mins before they called us to take our passport which was already stamped. BTW na Houston poet of entry dey do this.
We proceeded to agric and nothing was seized even though I carried indomie chicken.
Got a taxi that took us to our accommodation.
Never stopped wondering why we were kept 8hours at the airport. I and my DH still tease ourselves. I tell him that he really looked suspicious with his pop hand and replies that my tummy was too big so they couldn't help but think maybe I swallowed drugs so the 8 hours was for the drugs to burst in the tummy. Well whatever, my son was born and we returned safely home.

The next journey started in 2016 April and I had 10 months left on my visa. Calculation come start. Say my visa go expire before I go ready to come back to naija. DH contacted the agent that took 20k from us, who told us that when visa is remaining 6 months to expire we should renew. I believed him this time. However, I reached out to my friend who I met in Houston who told me to come to nairaland I might find answers to my question. Omo I enter here begin read from part 1 sef, then I discovered that I didn't need to renew my visa. Told my DH and he said are you sure and I said yes so we boned that one.

I booked Qatar and filled the medif form which I submitted 7 days to my trip. A day to my trip no response from them. I was in Lagos already. I called their office countless times, the phone will be on answering machine, no one to talk to you. When they pick they told me no reply yet from qatar. Then by 4pm someone from qatar called to say I need to reach my doctor bla bla bla. I was pissed! I sent in this form since a week now and just in the late hour you people are talking trash. Later on i got the approval. Next day I got to the airport, I was sent to health port to get fit to fly. Hian! What is this? After all the stress on the medic! Well I proceeded to health got it and paid 1500, checked in my luggage and rolled my son in his stroller thru immigration.
Then the immigration officer say my son has committed an offence because he overstayed his stay. Which kain wahala be this nah. DH was still at the airport, I called him to come and carry his son o, say the officer say make we pay fine before them go allow am pass cos he is a foreigner. Let long story cut short I paid some money and we proceeded.

Qatar first leg was full but it was a wonderful flight. The hostess were kind to I and my son. We got to Doha guys I hop on a wheel chair no time at all.

Be right back guys

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by silverchi: 12:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
Dwebb55:

Use the search button above and type visa on arrival there. Everything you need will appear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by silverchi: 12:29pm On Sep 29, 2017
michnib:

I used desoul
Bt also paid for processing fees

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.