Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975707 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2017
@Senatornuella

You write really well, i am whaoooed
Congratulations.

The long and short is everyone can do it and DO IT RIGHT.

Many people come here and dont try to read.

Please lets take time to read. People do not post their experiences on this thread for fun.

Asking questions is good but if you take time to read this thread you arm yourself with an invaluable wealth of knowledge and this gives you confidence.

SO IF YOU COME ACROSS THIS THREAD AND YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO - Its because you have not invested time to read, yet you want to spend millions to have your baby in America.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2017
favouredmum:
Good afternoon all,
She Cbp 3 - how much do you have with you
That's my Chicago Poe experience.
Congrats @favouredmum
Chicago POE is not for the fainthearted.
Whatever the POE one MUST be prepared but some POEs ehnnnnn. Na hmmmmmmmmm.
I rest case...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Senatornuella: 4:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
At Doha, I was asked for my boarding pass only for me to discover that Lagos gave me only LOS - DOH, all 4 of them noDOH-IAH, come and see questioning by officers. So I told them that the mistake was from them and not me that they could check their system if they think I am lying. That got sorted out. I was given accommodation. The next day I got back to the airport, hopped on a wheel chair with my son and was driven to my gate. When I got there a US officer came to question me.
CBP: hello I work with the US government
Me: oh hello
CBP: why are you going to the States
Me: to have my baby
CBP: how much do you have
Me: xxxxxx
CBP: do you have doctor's appointment and a zero balance for your son
Me: yes
CBP: let me see ( I brought them out but he didn't look at them. I guess he saw my bulky document and he concluded I was ready for them so no need) he walked back to the system and I saw him nodding his head and so they let me pass.

When we landed in the states, I still waited for the wheel chair. They came but said they couldn't carry me and my son on the wheel chair. Me I told them I could not walk long distance and my son can't walk while I ride. They eventually carried the both of us to the CBP
CBP: how long are you here for
Me: 14weeks
CBP:why
Me: to have my baby
CBP: place your hand here (takes my finger print and took my picture then stamps me in for 6months, hand over my passport and I got wheeled out to pick my luggage. Went to agric nothing was seized and I got a ride and went to my accommodation.

Now lesson here is that it was rough for another don't mean it will be rough for you. I had it rough the first time but very easy the second time. Just be prepared to pay your bills and have all necessary document handy. Above all, trust in God for nothing is impossible. He makes the funds available and grants us safe trip and passage.

Gracias

30 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 29, 2017
Senatornuella:

Now lesson here is that it was rough for another don't mean it will be rough for you. I had it rough the first time but very easy the second time. Just be prepared to pay your bills and have all necessary document handy. Above all, trust in God for nothing is impossible. He makes the funds available and grants us safe trip and passage.

Gracias

Thanks for your very elaborate post. Congratulations! And congrats in advance on the birth of your LO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Senatornuella: 5:34pm On Sep 29, 2017
Uniquezuri:
Thanks for your very elaborate post. Congratulations! And congrats in advance on the birth of your LO

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by urblackpearl: 5:53pm On Sep 29, 2017

Gracias

[/quote]

Thanks for giving back! Congrats.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 6:42pm On Sep 29, 2017
Senatornuella, soo detailed and elaborate, thanks a lot. Wish you a safe delivery.

This is what this thread is about and it behooves on us in part 5 to make this thread worth reading, some did it b4 us and brought this thread thus far.

What we see now is 'pm me, pm you'. Or emergency request, like they just got pregnant y'day. Some will even go on 1st and 2nd maternity journies, yet you won't find any info they've given back and will still come back to get d latest info from those who are willing to share. It's well o.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by doreese: 11:29pm On Sep 29, 2017
@exclusive mama, thanks. I also hope your trip is hitch free. @ayotundesh thanks also. Although my final destination was LA not Atlanta it was only my POe. Also wishing you a hitch free entry.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by inizo: 11:39pm On Sep 29, 2017
Hello is any one traveling to the USA from Lagos I need help send stuff please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by AdomMum: 11:45pm On Sep 29, 2017
favouredmum:
Good afternoon all,

Left Nigeria on Monday via Turkish airlines with my daughter.

That's my Chicago Poe experience.

Thank you so much for sharing! xoxoxo

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by AdomMum: 11:49pm On Sep 29, 2017
[quote author=Senatornuella post=60948006]At Doha, I was asked for my boarding pass only for me to discover that Lagos gave me only LOS - DOH, all
Gracias

[/quotes]
Gracias a ti hermana!! Thanks alot for sharing. i wish you safe delivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by soulandbody: 3:18am On Sep 30, 2017
Please I need an accommodation in northwest Houston from November.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by YETI28: 8:22am On Sep 30, 2017
desoul:

when you write JAMB and fail, do you fill/buy another form? or you just waka enter the exam hall?

Desoul howdy,abeg I go need ur help.. Chat me on boyety28@gmail.com. pls. Thnk u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Maggiespecial(f): 9:46am On Sep 30, 2017
[quote author=Ramj post=60884085]Whats good family..
Why is this place dull naa. cool
Any late Feb/Early March moms heading for Chicago lets team up. Wifey is due this period.

PM me. Cheers
[/quote

Pls Watz the cost if I have to deliver in Chicago. I will be due early March 2018. Do you have hospital yet?, doctor contact, we can both get the accommodation. But Pls most importantly the cost for deliveryin Chicago. thank you as I wait for your prompt response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Maggiespecial(f): 10:56am On Sep 30, 2017
anizi:
Hello please any richmond (oakbend) bound mama's willing to share accommodation from mid march - mid april 2018, please let me know so we can find one.

yes I am willing to share posts, that's wen I will give birth too. Pls let me know once you get hospital fee and doctors fee. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anizi(f): 7:03pm On Sep 30, 2017
Maggiespecial:

You don't have a dr you intend to use yet?

yes I am willing to share posts, that's wen I will give birth too. Pls let me know once you get hospital fee and doctors fee. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anizi(f): 7:04pm On Sep 30, 2017
You don't have a dr you intend to use yet?

Maggiespecial:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anizi(f): 7:12pm On Sep 30, 2017
Omodadi you couldn't have just come here, you are a regular, am sure you've been here even before I came in 2015
Omodadi2:

This is more like my time o, bt i never make up my mind. Infact I just came here
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mummyprincess: 10:17pm On Sep 30, 2017
Shawbabe, Vivicious and Titileps, hope you all are doing good.Cld you pls pm me. I need to get some info
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 11:13pm On Sep 30, 2017
anizi:
Omodadi you couldn't have just come here, you are a regular, am sure you've been here even before I came in 2015

YES and NO.
I joined NL originally in late 2015 with another Monica and changed Monica b4 the end of my 1st. Saying I just came here, I mean just started 2nd journey struggle.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 11:14pm On Sep 30, 2017
mummyprincess:
Shawbabe, Vivicious and Titileps, hope you all are doing good.Cld you pls pm me. I need to get some info

Shawbabe still dey come here? dt one din hang boot o, my Houston waka mate. I hail o

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mummyprincess: 11:51pm On Sep 30, 2017
[I dey hail you too!quote author=Omodadi2 post=60989431]

Shawbabe still dey come here? dt one din hang boot o, my Houston waka mate. I hail o[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by africhijabi: 3:35am On Oct 01, 2017
My Journey to Houston experience (28 september 2017).(Quick Background: I used a visa i had previously used to visit the US last year I didnt send any change of intent nor reapply for a new visa.). Flew Qatar airways at 34 weeks. Had my Medical certificate + Medif as required by the airline. While trying to checking in at lagos airport, was told i had to get a document from port health. Had to rush downstairs to port health where i paid 1500 and had my tummy examined, weight and Bp taken. Finally boarded. Twas a packed flight, feet doubled in size even though i managed to walk around and kept asking for water. 10 hours later, arrived Doha expecting to get hotel voucher for the 8 hours layover. After waiting for almost an hour, was told i could only get meal voucher because my flight was just "in afew hours" Urrggh. Tired but managed to drag myself to the restaurant and then to the packed quiet room for about 2 hours sleep (or attempt at sleeping cos too many snorers with diverse rhythms) Fast forward to the boarding gate, qatar airline demanded to see the Medical certificate and Medif. Showed them. Then was called specially for interrogation by who i imagine was US security.
Man: Obviously you're pregnant and going to the US to have your baby. I just want to know, WHY US OF ALL COUNTRIES?
Me: My husband and I thought it would be a good idea cos he's lived in US for a while as an expatriate.
Man: What does he do?
Me: (Tells him)
Man: Where is he?
Me: He's in Nigeria.
Man: What do you do?
Man: Have you contacted a doctor in US?
Me: Yes.
Man: Can i see documents?
Me: Sure. (I show him Formal Acceptance Letter from Doctor, Birth estimate, email correspondence amd proof of initial payment)
Man: (Goes through and googles name of doctor to verify if phone number on my document is same as that on google)
Me: (Internally rolls eyes)
Man: How much do you have with you?
Man: Hands me back my passport to go ahead.

Boarded flight to Houston. 16 hours phew! Thankfully plane wasnt packed so i got to sleep across the 3 seats. Hostesses were nice. Kept giving me water and asking about my baby. F i n a l l y landed and headed to long queue at CBP. My turn:

Man: Why are you here in US?
Me: To have my baby.
Man: Is this your first baby?
Me: Yes.
Man: How much it the hospital?
Me: About 5000 USD
Man: You travelling alone? Who's going to take care of you?
Me: I have a family friend here that I will stay with.
Man: How much do you have with you?
Me: About 5000 USD

He takes my fingerprints and stamps my passport. I head out to baggage and then was directed to agriculture where my Green plantain and Yam were seized. Now in Houston, settling in before booking appointment to see my doctor.

Cheers.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sensisosu: 3:40am On Oct 01, 2017
Hello guys,

I have a friend who isn't married but just had a kid for her fiancé about 5 months ago and is already pregnant with another child..

She wants to have her baby in the USA.. do you think she will be granted a visa based on her marital status ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anizi(f): 5:56am On Oct 01, 2017
Ok, I get you. Please make up your mind so we can rub minds together. As for me, am sticking to the same dr and hospital I used in 2015 for my 1st missionary journey. Dr F and oakbend, from the price list he sent me, he seem to have brought his fees down from what it was in 2015, though oakbend have increased theirs slightly.
Omodadi2:

YES and NO.
I joined NL originally in late 2015 with another Monica and changed Monica b4 the end of my 1st. Saying I just came here, I mean just started 2nd journey struggle.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 7:29am On Oct 01, 2017
anizi:
Ok, I get you. Please make up your mind so we can rub minds together. As for me, am sticking to the same dr and hospital I used in 2015 for my 1st missionary journey. Dr F and oakbend, from the price list he sent me, he seem to have brought his fees down from what it was in 2015, though oakbend have increased theirs slightly.

Mine was Dr E and Oak bend, and hubby has insisted we use her again cos she knows my story. I had some issues after delivery in 2016. Both really, I'm considering Canada
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anizi(f): 9:18am On Oct 01, 2017
Same reason i want to stick with my former dr, its safer for me. When ever you decide, please let me know. Are you planing on going with you 1st kid?
Omodadi2:

Mine was Dr E and Oak bend, and hubby has insisted we use her again cos she knows my story. I had some issues after delivery in 2016. Both really, I'm considering Canada
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 10:51am On Oct 01, 2017
anizi:
Same reason i want to stick with my former dr, its safer for me. When ever you decide, please let me know. Are you planing on going with you 1st kid?

Yes. Will go with her by Gods grace
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Og3chukwu: 11:59am On Oct 01, 2017
In the spirit of giving back, I have learnt so much from this forum keep it up guys. I and my husband got our visa in 2016 which was used for the intended purpose Honeymoon and vacation in December.
I left Nigeria on the 28th of September at 31 weeks with BA, the flight from Lagos to Heathrow was so uncomfortable and their services wasn't so great.I got to Heathrow at 5.30am and had to check in for my connecting flight with American Airline to Dallas,Got to the booth and meet an agent.

AA Agent- Purpose of Visit to the USA
Myself- Child birth & Vacation
AA  Agent- Whom would u be staying with
Myself- Childhood friend
AA Agent- When last did you see her
Myself- 2005 but we keep in touch
AA Agent - What does she do for a living?
Myself- Health Administrator
AA Agent- What do you do for a living?
Myself- I work in bleep bleep and my clients are bleep bleep bleep
AA Agent- Smiles* and said I should proceed to the shuttle to take me to Terminal 5 and my mobility assistance would be waiting for me there.

Got to the terminal gate and requested for a comfortable seat and got one that had nobody beside me, I had enough room to stretch , their services was top notch.Arrived at Dallas at 1pm and we were the first flight that landed got my wheel chair assistance,Got to the automated machine for B1 & B2 visa, proceeded to the CBP officer.

Myself- Hello and smiled
CBP- He smiles back and hello too, he tried to pronounce  my name started laughing,I had to
pronounce my name the right way.
CBP- Do you have any food with you
Myself-Yes,plantain flour,peanuts,basil,pumpkin leaves and pepper soup spices.

He nooded and  started  gisitng with the lady that was assisting me,once they were done he was about to stamp me in without asking any further questions,I had to tell him I was here for Child birth and vacation ,he didn't notice I was pregnant and my tummy wasn't so big

CBP-How long are u here for?
Myself- 3months and two weeks
CBP-How much do you have on you ?
Myself- $ 7000
CBP officer- Stamps me in on my passsport  for 6 months (which  i didnt see how long )and said I would have to get to agriculture.

Got to Agriculture they scanned my bags and asked  whether I had indomie ,egusi ,ogbonno told them No to all,I had bleep bleep bleep.
Met another another  CBP officer, he asked for my passport which I gave him.
CBP-What are  u here for?
Myself- Child birth and Vacation.
CBP-requested for my doctors correspondence  which I gave him and  gave me  back my passport.
I looked at my passport and asked the officer how long am I stamped in for and he joked for a day, I finally saw where i was stamped till March 2018.Proceeded to go and check into my local flight to Houston.
POE was a breeze for me i spent just 20 mins in total from the CBP and agriculture.
Resting and waiting for my doctors appointment on Tuesday.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by elohim24: 2:04pm On Oct 01, 2017
Og3chukwu:
In the spirit of giving back,

congrats and wish you safe delivery. did you reapply for a new visa for childbirth or you sent a change of intent letter?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Abuleoshi: 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
elohim24:

congrats and wish you safe delivery. did you reapply for a new visa for childbirth or you sent a change of intent letter?
She said she got the visa in 2016. Used it for the intended purpose(Honeymoon). Travelling sept 28 for birthing in 2017 was a bonus on Same Visa. If she obtained a new visa for birthing, I guess she would have stated it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Suzyt: 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
Happy Independence Day guys. Quick one: has anyone ever declared over 10k? Why do people go to great lengths to avoid it? For my DS' I literally declared like 9990 lol. But now I'm wondering: why can't I just take the full amount I want to use. So aside of safekeeping of the amount and the danger of loss, is there any other reason why people avoid declaring? What manner of questions do they ask in the declaration form and do they ever sieze funds?

Thanks guys!

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.