Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977399 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Topnotch22: 8:48am On Nov 03, 2016
Ayokunle07:

Please at what rate did you get the PTA?

We got it at 385. 5 @ayokunle07

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 9:16am On Nov 03, 2016
biollar1:
Wow! Part 5 already!!

My people I dey hail o! I say make I breeze in to greet all expectant mamas. Smooth delivery shall all be urs in Jesus name. Dollars shall be available to clear una bills in Jesus name

Only and only ladyguinivere, chloe7, modath, feddy27, Ozycy, bisoye82, omodadi and others wey I no fit remember now. Thank u all for pushing this thread forward.

Eku dollar o! Atawewe dey breeze out o

Atawewe of laif!! Omo wa nko? Kisses. kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by njidekachi: 9:40am On Nov 03, 2016
Good morning team, pls any mama currently in DUBAI/travelling soon? need help ooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by adebrave(f): 9:55am On Nov 03, 2016
Part 5 page 6 !!! I don waka reach here. God God will continue to bless everyone that has has made this forum what it is today in one way or the other. He will also grant each and everyone of us our heart desires. Amen
Congratulations everyone . xoxo
Well done house...

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Oma92: 10:07am On Nov 03, 2016
Good Morning Everyone! Has anyone travelled to Houston via JFK, how stressful did you find it? Would you recommend a direct flight to Houston instead? Please let me know. Thank you so much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 03, 2016
Hello mamas,
Ive been reading this thread for a long time but stopped but now I'm back.

May/June 2017 seems far but i'd like to get your opinion on whether to get a hospital now and sort everything out before may 2017 or wait till around that period.
Also when is the best time to buy the travel ticket (close to departure date or months before)
(intend using hospital in new york or el paso).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 12:00pm On Nov 03, 2016
Oma92:
Good Morning Everyone! Has anyone travelled to Houston via JFK, how stressful did you find it? Would you recommend a direct flight to Houston instead? Please let me know. Thank you so much
is there a direct flight to Houston?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lobus: 12:41pm On Nov 03, 2016
pinky2016:
Hello mamas,
Ive been reading this thread for a long time but stopped but now I'm back.

May/June 2017 seems far but i'd like to get your opinion on whether to get a hospital now and sort everything out before may 2017 or wait till around that period.
Also when is the best time to buy the travel ticket (close to departure date or months before)
(intend using hospital in new york or el paso).

I feel you already know what to do. Get all your things sorted very early enough.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Oma92: 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
firsttymum:

Apologies! I actually meant....has anyone traveled to Houston via JFK. If yes, how stressful did you find it. I intend to use Air France but i'm slightly worried about the stress of picking up my bags, checking them in again and using a local flight to Houston.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Oma92: 1:11pm On Nov 03, 2016
firsttymum:

Apologies! I actually meant....has anyone traveled to Houston via JFK. If yes, how stressful did you find it. I intend to use Air France but i'm slightly worried about the stress of picking up my bags, checking them in again and using a local flight to Houston.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshtestimony: 1:29pm On Nov 03, 2016
Good afternoon house, I was here last week and I said I would be coming back to testify and YES God did it for me and my family.
I was @ the embassy yesterday with my dharma and 2kids and we were granted withing 3 minutes.
Here is the transcript

Vo: Good morning
Dh$me: good morning
Vo: why are u going to the US
Dh: my wife to give birth and myself with the kids vacation
Vo: what do you do
Me: I'm a business woman
Dh: I'm an IT consultant and he explained his work in details
Vo: how much do you budget for this trip
Dh: 20,000
Vo: have you contacted any document
Dh: yes and hands over doc correspondent
Vo: pick up ur visa in 3 working days
Me: thank you and was smiling.

God proved himself in my life. I believed with faith and I received it.
My gratitude to bisoye82 who advised me and guide me through, God bless you may I so much appreciate it
To the mama's in the house, the likes of Lady Gaga, Nifetitiram, modath, justwise and the rest thank u and God bless you all.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 1:44pm On Nov 03, 2016
Oma92:

it's like naija na... Not like u will carry d bags on ur head.
U come out of jfk u see a cab which will take u to the other airport.
There r always "chauffeur " some how u will get one.
Or u use a cart which is readily available.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feyishetan: 1:56pm On Nov 03, 2016
Hello house, I am working on an american visa application for my sister but the site wont accept the passport photograph I am trying to upload.
I didn't experience when I was applying. Will appreciate your suggestions. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by YoungMetrosG(f): 1:59pm On Nov 03, 2016
A friend of mine did this and she didn't find it that much stressful. She flew BA to JFK and JetBlue to Houston. Just picked up her bags and rechecked them at the JetBlue counter. What I don't remember is if the JetBlue counter was in a different terminal. However, she didn't say anything about it being especially stressful. It's definitely doable, even for a pregnant person.

Oma92:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshtestimony: 2:36pm On Nov 03, 2016
Ma'am nerf I hail ooo, pls I need ur help on the cheapest flights to lax. Biko
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Akorkor(f): 2:58pm On Nov 03, 2016
freshtestimony:
Ma'am nerf I hail ooo, pls I need ur help on the cheapest flights to lax. Biko
Los Angeles you mean? Well, the cheapest so far from travelstart that I saw is via Turkish airline. All other now depend on your date.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshtestimony: 3:29pm On Nov 03, 2016
Akorkor:

Los Angeles you mean? Well, the cheapest so far from travelstart that I saw is via Turkish airline. All other now depend on your date.

YES MA to Los Angeles, kindly direct me to the site. Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by LadyGuinivere: 3:33pm On Nov 03, 2016
Is there a Lady Gaga here? undecided

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mrschic: 4:05pm On Nov 03, 2016
Hello everyone.
In the spirit of giving back...
I had my first baby in Chicago last year and discovered I was pregnant again. I immediately started making plans for missionary journey number 2. I paid for an obstetric package in the same Hosp I had my first baby but the doctor's fee can only be determined after service had been rendered. I knew this may pose some problems for me at the poe. I decided to get correspondence from another hospital. Thanks to a fellow NL mum who helped me with the contacts.
Having prepared my burden of proof, I flew to O'Hare. I knew getting a flight to maybe NY or atl may be safer cos of ord poe but the stress was way too much. I finally decided to do a direct flight to order (hoping for the best). This is a very personal decision and may not work for everyone. Arriving Chicago with my son, the following ensued;
CBP: passports please
Me: passed passports
CBP: How long will you be in the US
Me: 3months
CBP: What will u be doing for 3mths
Me: spend time with my family and have my baby
CBP: Do you have a doctor? What is ur budget
Me: yes, $...
CBP calls another officer to send me for secondary inspection.

Details soon
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fizzone: 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
ccemordi:
Wow its already part 5.. The ministry is growing hahaha..

This is our story... DW had our baby boy on the 29th of September and Dr La took the delivery, Everything went fine until my wife started reacting badly to epidural. Thank God shes fine now and we back to Nigeria Already. We were told 1 in every 10,000 women react to Epidural unfortunately she reacted and Thank God shes fine now..

Below is the breakdown of Cost incurred.
WHMC $4,200
DoctorLa $3,400
Circumcision $350
Aneth/epidural $1,200
Surgical Assistant 250
Lab/Blood work : $200
Pediatrician $700 for 6 visits ( 4 times at the Hospital ,one Post and one when baby had cold)
Birth Cert : $46 for 2 copies
Passport ...$165 .
E.T.C ... $380
Infant to Flight.. $96
If i remember any other bill i will post later.

I want to say a Big thank you to everyone on here and most especially the Gurus that dont ever get tired of answering questions even tho we are not paying them .... God bless your homes.....

Thank you Everyone....Cheers!

Ccermodi.
Please which county did you get your baby's birth certificate and how many days after delivery did she get it. My wife also gave birth at WHMC a week ago but the county says they do not have the record with them still, despite my request for expedited process.
Please can I send you a PM
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmyo: 4:13pm On Nov 03, 2016
Oma92:

no big deal. when I was at baggage claim to pick my bag I just begged one man to help me. I had already gotten a cart which is just by the carousel. The man helped me put my bag on the cart. if your local flight is also from jfk, just push your cart to whichever terminal using the elevators and air train. get to the counter and check in. stroll to your boarding gate. finish!
If it's another airport push your cart to taxi stand outside, take a cab. The driver will definitely help with your luggage.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mrschic: 4:18pm On Nov 03, 2016
At secondary inspection, I waited for about 20mins. Note that when we landed ord, it was just my flight that landed and there was no queue. I practically strolled to the CBP official.
I was called to a private interview room and questioned.
My doctor's correspondence was perused. Also my cash at hand was sighted. Other documents looked at were my previous zero bal. My phone was also collected. I noticed the official looking through my mails to confirm the doctor's correspondence and notification of intent sent to the embassy. I was then asked to go back to the waiting room. After about 5mins, the same official called me and handed over my documents and said I was free to go.
Over to baggage collection and agriculture clearance.
I want to say thank you to the nairaland mum who recently posted her ord poe experience cos it encouraged me a lot. Severally, I had tried to change my ticket to enter via JFK but the cost and stress involved disuaded me.
I appreciate everyone for their posts as I did study to show myself approved(lol). Safe trip and delivery to everyone.

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
Pinky2016 January, February are good times to purchase tickets
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by adukemoi: 4:34pm On Nov 03, 2016
Topnotch22:

We got it at 385. 5 @ayokunle07

Hello @ Topnotch22, I have someone travelling this weekend from MMIA and who has her BVN card.
What other specific requirements does Travellex have before selling pta to her?
Also, must the naira be in her account or another person's account whose ATM card will be with her anyway.

Thanks a lot, we just wanna be fully prepared.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 03, 2016
Look who I just watched on 16&pregnant taking a delivery, the very Dr. F himself...hehehe. (Though the teenage mum ended up with a CS cod she wasn't dilating good).

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 4:46pm On Nov 03, 2016
feyishetan:
Hello house, I am working on an american visa application for my sister but the site wont accept the passport photograph I am trying to upload.
I didn't experience when I was applying. Will appreciate your suggestions. Thanks
use chrome on a phone
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by zitaspears: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2016
Hello my people, pls help me thank God ,I got my visa today.
Vo:good morning, what are u going to the US to do?
Me:to give birth
Vo:where do u work
Me :at soso
Vo:what is your budget
Me 14-12k
VO:let me have ur doctors and hospital correspondence,ur statement and hubby's,
Me:I gave him all including i and hubbyou introduction letter from our offices
Vo: i advise people to have a budget of 10-12k and just ensure that they pay their bill and collect their receipt of full payment from hospital and doctor.
Me :I said yes.
VO:typing plenty things then said ur visa has been approved

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bisoye82: 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2016
freshtestimony:
Good afternoon house, I was here last week and I said I would be coming back to testify and YES God did it for me and my family.
I was @ the embassy yesterday with my dharma and 2kids and we were granted withing 3 minutes.
God proved himself in my life. I believed with faith and I received it.
My gratitude to bisoye82 who advised me and guide me through, God bless you may I so much appreciate it
To the mama's in the house, the likes of Lady Gaga, Nifetitiram, modath, justwise and the rest thank u and God bless you all.
Congratulations. smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Akorkor(f): 5:04pm On Nov 03, 2016
freshtestimony:

YES MA to Los Angeles, kindly direct me to the site. Thank u
Congratulation on your successful Visa interview.
You may google travelstart or wakanow to check the cheapest flight then I advice to go straight with whichever airline you chose and book on their site. #mypersonalview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Bisoye82: 5:16pm On Nov 03, 2016
biollar1:
Wow! Part 5 already!!
My people I dey hail o! I say make I breeze in to greet all expectant mamas. Smooth delivery shall all be urs in Jesus name. Dollars shall be available to clear una bills in Jesus name
Only and only ladyguinivere, chloe7, modath, feddy27, Ozycy, bisoye82, omodadi and others wey I no fit remember now. Thank u all for pushing this thread forward.
Eku dollar o! Atawewe dey breeze out o

One and only Atawewe of NL.we hail u too my darling kiss
Kisses to your LO. kiss kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshtestimony: 5:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Is there a Lady Gaga here? undecided

I'm sorry ma, my phone did auto correct on your name.

I need ur candid advice sis, my husband filled on our data page dat he would coming to the state with the kids later to join me, but now he asked me to be going with the kids dat he will join us, I hope taking the kids with me will not pose any problem @ the point of entry?
Pls I need ur response before I buy my ticket with the kids
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
@freshtestimony I don't think it's such a biggie. If it comes up at all at the Poe, just tell them there was a change of plans and u guys decided it's better they came with u. Just tell them the truth but I strongly doubt it would be an issue, all other things being equal that is. Pls go ahead n buy those tickets

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.