Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975550 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 11:48am On Nov 04, 2016
chloe7:

Yes o, immigration in Nigeria can be funny o, I read a story like two days ago where a woman wasn't allowed to fly with her children, her own children o they said because no consent letter from husband, the narrator of the story said woman was stressed and crying and they didn't even look her face at all.
Very true. Because of child trafficking.so it's actually not only in Nigeria that you might be asked such questions
A lot countries do.If you are not asked it was an oversight by who you met at the airport when travelling out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by chibertha(f): 11:50am On Nov 04, 2016
happytbaby:
I was asked to provide evidence that my first child was mine when I was going on this missionary journey. Thankfully US BCs always carry your maiden name so I just brought out the birth cert. I always carry such things because I dont want stress from any angle.

Way to go
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 11:57am On Nov 04, 2016
happytbaby:
I was asked to provide evidence that my first child was mine when I was going on this missionary journey. Thankfully US BCs always carry your maiden name so I just brought out the birth cert. I always carry such things because I dont want stress from any angle.

Even when I fly locally I carry it. Just in case. Usual preventable stress can be so annoying
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fizzone: 1:24pm On Nov 04, 2016
chibertha:

I had my baby at WHMC on Wednesday was discharged on Friday and got baby birth certificate on Monday morning
Address is to go get birth certificate
8000 North Stadium Drive
Houston TX 77054
open 7am to 4pm Mon-Fri(Id required)

But don't worry the information will be given to you at discharge

My wife had our baby on Thursday and was discharged on Sunday. I went to the county at 8000 Stadium Drive the following Wednesday and they said they don't have the record . That I should check back after a week again.
That's what is giving me concern .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2016
Ok in the spirit of giving back, I renewed my visa via Dropbox, it was sent on the 31st of October, was tracking it on the ceac website, on the 31st it stated no status, then to ready for interview, on the 1st nov. status was administrative processing, then on the 2nd of nov. the status moved to issued, on the 3rd I was sent a mail that my passport is ready for collection, picked it up on today the 4th nov. application was for me, hubby and 1st child, we all applied for B2. First visa was b2 for me and my kid, hubby was B1.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by semilore12: 3:18pm On Nov 04, 2016
Decided to share this because i learnt a lot from all Visa Transcripts shared on this paltform...

Had my interview today with DH.

VO: Good morning
Me: (was surprised cos i thought they don't greet at all) morning, how's work
VO: fine thank you. Passports please
VO: Why are you going to the US
Me: to give birth to my baby
VO: are you married:
Me and DH: yes
VO: Do you have a doctor
Me: yes
VO: why that doctor
Me: i called several hospitals and narrowed down my search to the best review and the one closer to my host
VO: oh who will you be staying with
Me: My aunty
VO: where do you work?
Me: i work with xx as xx
VO: as what? (she probably idnt hear me clearly)
Me: as xx
VO: (turns to DH) where do you work?
DH: i work with xx as xx
VO: where is that ?
DH: explains coy and full job description
VO: how much is the estmate for your trip
Me: 13k, i have an estimation sheet (budget sheet) here if you would like to see
VO: oh yes, let me see
Me (passed it to her)
VO: do u have any kid
Me and DH: none, this is our first
VO: do you have a bank statement to show the funds in place for this trip
Me: yes (passsed the bank statement)
VO: so how do you intend to get dollars in this current situation
Me: each of us is entitled to 4k per quarter according to cbn regulation, this we intend to get from travellex and source for the balance in black market
VO: whats travellex?
Me: (i talk all the grammar to explain travellex and what they do)
VO: (kept nodding)...okay pick up your visas in 3 days..remember to pay all bills and keep all receipts
Me and DH: (full of smiles as we received our white paper with joy....) thank you and do have a good day
VO: (reponded with smiles)..thank you too bye

**It was God all the way, the person before us was denied, that i was so scared but kept praying in my mind.
**i went there looking good with my makeup on point ..hehehe, oyinbo must like this preggy face
**maintained good eye contact with contagious smile...hehehehe
**DH was not even asked plenty questions at all as if VO know say na me get time to read nairaland well well..lol
all in all, we give God the glory. I wish everyone yet to get theirs a successful Visa experience. Thanks to all the mamas that took time out of their busy schedule to answer my private messages (i am not sure they want their names mentioned ooo, so i wont yet). God bless you all, may our labour of love not be in vain. May God bless you and your LOs plenty plenty.

To all who have ever shared their experiences on this thread, God bless you...they were all helpful.

On to the next item........

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by adukemoi: 4:26pm On Nov 04, 2016
XX01:

It has to be in her account. They check stuff like that.

Thanks @ OmoBendel24, Topnotch22, XX01 & Ayokunle07
Highly appreciated!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2016
Semilore12 more good news loading
Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by desoul: 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2016
[quote author=chloe7 post=50743533]
Yes o, immigration in Nigeria can be funny o, I read a story like two days ago where a woman wasn't allowed to fly with her children, her own children o they said because no consent letter from husband, the narrator of the story said woman was stressed and crying and they didn't even look her face at all.....

kudos to those immigration officials..Am proud of them..people sue immigration on daily basis cos of some decisions e.g do you kw that before you will get your baby naija passport now at abuja both parents consent letter and data pages will be attached..before it was not like that,but after they hard case of a woman who change her children's name on passport and ran away with them without the husbands consent..and with high level of child trafficking now, they did the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Akorkor(f): 8:37pm On Nov 04, 2016
Sabi mama, please can one change pounds in US to dollar because we are bothered about this travelex issue. We have pounds but we don't want to change to Naira to avoid iish. Please advice me on this matter.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 8:54pm On Nov 04, 2016
Akorkor:
Sabi mama, please can one change pounds in US to dollar because we are bothered about this travelex issue. We have pounds but we don't want to change to Naira to avoid iish. Please advice me on this matter.
yes at the airport...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Akorkor(f): 9:15pm On Nov 04, 2016
firsttymum:
yes at the airport...

Kk. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshtestimony: 9:30pm On Nov 04, 2016
@ Akorkor are you going to LA? If yes we can share apartment together if you don't mind. Giving birth early January but I will be in LA by 20th of this month

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2016
Wot of Single moms? grin Or someone impregnated by rape sad
[quote author=desoul post=50768176][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 10:50pm On Nov 04, 2016
Sleep!
The way I've been sleeping in d past 3 days. Is it normal? Sabi mamas pls epp a JJC momma. Sleeping and loving it grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by XX01(f): 12:09am On Nov 05, 2016
TripleKMama:
Sleep!
The way I've been sleeping in d past 3 days. Is it normal? Sabi mamas pls epp a JJC momma. Sleeping and loving it grin

You're lucky. I am not settled yet so can't laze around.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Fyorgyn: 1:34am On Nov 05, 2016
TripleKMama:
Sleep!

haha... I have been sleeping like a fool too... no be only you!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 2:17am On Nov 05, 2016
I didn't even sleep much in 1st trimester. Ewo!
Fyorgyn:

haha... I have been sleeping like a fool too... no be only you!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TripleKMama: 2:18am On Nov 05, 2016
God will settle you soon. Amem grin
XX01:

You're lucky. I am not settled yet so can't laze around.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dami20: 2:41am On Nov 05, 2016
Good morning everyone , this is actually my very first post here but for some days now I have been reading through most of the post. Its really nice to know there is a platform like this were one can learn so much from.

Thanks all that contributes and provide informations .

Pls I need ur advice and help. I am pregnant and would like to travel to put to bed in new york.

* I want to apply with my hubby but not sure which form to fill for him , if its B1 or B2 as hubby won't b travelling with me but will come over later.

* Pls I will really appreciate if anyone can help with cheap hospitals in new York. Choose new York cos have got family there.

* will also love to know if I have to pay part of the medical bill before my visa appointment.

Thank u all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by geojay: 4:46am On Nov 05, 2016
Helo sweet mamas and papies, am here to show my appreciation, with my full loads of questions and worries, you answered in love. Now in the US with my mum and baby, no problem at all at the poe in houston, infact the officer didnt know i was pregnant, he asked why we are in houston, i told him vacation and, before i could finish, he just said ohh, dts nice on vacation, i quickly chipped in, "and for childbirth too" he was like, are you pregnant, yes i am, he stood up abit to look at my tummy, he then asked how far gone i am, i told him 34weeks, he said waoo and you dont look it, well, but to me, i feel am.carrying the biggest tummy in the world. He stamped my baby, stamped my mum's and stamped mine too amd welcome us to usa. Proceeded to baggage claim and then to inspectiom, i guess its the monetary inspectiom side, was asked to fill a form, asked why i had so much money, i told her because am coming for delivery and i am paying cash, she asked for the receipt of my last delivery, i gave her everything, she checked and said what kind of work do you do, to have all these cash, before i could reply, she tapped on her system amd said ohh, ok, come along with me to where your foodstuff will go through inspection, she later helped me with the trolley, saying "you look tired and you look like you wanna drop that baby here now, let me help you? She helped me pushed the trolley while my mum back my baby, i just drag along cos am so tired and wornout, it was late. At the food inspection, my knorr chicken was collected, even though it doesnt have wrap, they knew it, they collected my tubers of yam, whole 3, chaii, i kept saying, my yam, my yam, they just bursted into laughter and said its not allowed. Well, i got to the hotel and found out that i still have a small yam left in my bag, it looks like diamond to me. So that was how my poe experience went .

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lobus: 5:33am On Nov 05, 2016
chloe7:

Nigerian immigration can even be very funny most especially when they ask madam anything for me and you don't give them they will want to find where to nail you at all costs very funny people, sometimes they can even start saying if you don't have up to USD 1k they won't allow you fly.

Please i need a contact of an immigration officer for visa on arrival
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lobus: 5:34am On Nov 05, 2016
Guys pls i need contact number for an immigration officer to process visa on arrival
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by semilore12: 5:49am On Nov 05, 2016
@Firsttymum thanks much...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 6:01am On Nov 05, 2016
TripleKMama:
Sleep!
very normal...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by firsttymum(f): 6:04am On Nov 05, 2016
Geojay
Hahhahahahhaaha @my yam.
Don't worry you find yam to buy.

Congratulations darling... God's favor was speaking.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Zocken: 7:02am On Nov 05, 2016
Rebarobyn:

Your best bet- Find out if the hospital accepts bank transfers, open a domiciiliary account and wire the funds directly to them. They should get it in 48hrs max. Third party/virtual arrangement is risky cos people can be funny when it comes to money matters.

Very few banks do moneygram and it is limited to less than $1k or so per quarter and subject to availability so that one too is long tin.
Thanks for your suggestions guys. I was able to do moneygram of $870 on Wednesday. The rate ia about 424 to a dollar including bank charges. I will be doing same amount via a proxy next week. I think in ok with the moneygram option. The hospital doesn't take form A and the wire transfer thing appears to be a longer process.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favouredmum: 7:13am On Nov 05, 2016
Akorkor:

If u have pounds, I will advise u sell it at the black market. Whatever proceeds you make from it also use it and buy dollar at the black market before leaving Nigeria. By so doing, u wld reduce ur loss.
I got dollar from the bank in July because dey didn't have pounds. Travelled to London and tried changing my dollar to pounds and I found out I was going to be loosing a lot of money.
If you can, source ur dollar here cos u wld definitely loose money when you try changing ur pounds to dollar abroad.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by desoul: 7:46am On Nov 05, 2016
TripleKMama:
Wot of Single moms? grin Or someone impregnated by rape sad
whose name is on the birth certificate as the father
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Akorkor(f): 9:23am On Nov 05, 2016
favouredmum:

If u have pounds.
Thanks. Am just worried about this travelex incase am unable to change Naira to dollar. And please is it everyone they give the dollar at the point of exit. Because my intention is to give hubby the dollar so that it can be easy for him when he's coming down too. @firsttymum.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 05, 2016
Akorkor pounds to dollars is usually 1.4 or 1.55 but I think the brexit has made it 1.44 or so, so just do the mathematics and see if changing it to naira will pay you or changing it to dollars direct, what if you don't get dollars to travel? And atms are no longer working abroad, just consider all your options well well and all the best with the decision
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 05, 2016
Lobus Is your husband in Nigeria? If yes you can tell him to just go to immigration at the airport or maybe to their office in ikeja to sort things out for you, I don't think it should be a big of a deal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.