Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,366 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (975392 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by slimwendy85: 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2016
Also Oluwainfin, she can always stay for a week, n use that week to look for another place e, if she isn't comfortable with it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2016
Youngmetrosg but that your cousin no try o, he ought to have understood and your uncle paid for hotel again, na wa for some people
Some visitors can frustrate the hell out you while some hosts after a few days na attitude
Like one of the comments I read on bellanaija the visitor was very nosy and wanted to know everything about them, that's very wrong on all levels but some people can't just help not being nosy it's in their blood
And also some hosts can be equally nosy and unbearable despite how you try you try to make things work in terms of cleaning, contributing to the household and the likes. It is well jare
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by XX01(f): 5:10pm On Nov 01, 2016
Woman that is almost due should clean, mop and vacuum? undecided If she was not around, would you not still do it? Let us have human kindness in all that we do. I have had people come from US/Europe to stay with me and i would never ever tell them to clean and mop not to mention a heavily pregnant woman.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by phunmie306: 5:15pm On Nov 01, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

You will stilll not get the visa for so many reasons. But let me point out a few;
1. You still do not have ties in the uk. Does being a student (with a timed visa) count as ties? No
2. You would have demonstrated that you are not mindful of twisting the system. Ist, you failed and are staying back in the uk to write exams. Then you claim not fit to fly. Then while there on an extention, you want to jump to another country. Pray tell, with your history what would stop you from being a burden as well in the US? Character is everything.
Birthing in america is very expensive and if you didn't get the visa when all you were going was for a vacation, what re the odds you will now that you have a potential higher burden ? Add that to the fact that you have been using the free healthk in the uk, no reasonable vo will give you a visa.
Read this thread. If you can afford the plan, then come back to nigeria and prove to a vo that you should be given a visa.

Thank you for the reply, will take to your suggestions.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 01, 2016
XX01:
Woman that is almost due should clean, mop and vacuum? undecided If she was not around, would you not still do it? Let us have human kindness in all that we do. I have had people come from US/Europe to stay with me and i would never ever tell them to clean and mop not to mention a heavily pregnant woman.
if you give them Eva& Nestlé water they will tell you to boil it because they can't drink it like that ,if they Bring smarties by mistake they will tell you take two the remaining is for so so person as if you asked them to bring smarties, i've had my fair share of some of these yeye abroad people coming abroad to do anyhow of which you won't go abroad and do that thing in their house, well of course I know not all of them are like that but most of them get werey for head abeg! if I go into details ehn you will ROTFL,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by phunmie306: 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2016
justwise:

Its not free she paid for it, when the govt decided to charge foreign students for health charger as part of visa requirements what do you expect.

Thank you @justwise, as he said it's not free, paid close to 200k Naira for health charge, wanted to stay back because I had morning sickness for weeks/month's which led to me not being able to submit, wanted to stay to finish it all instead of going and coming back again. Although, the school an option of pass but could still obtain my merit if I can submit and get a good grade. The point of applying for an extension was to avoid the hassle of travelling because when I submit, will still have to come back for my graduation which is around my delivery period and might not be convenient.

Please, best in mind some of us take hold step to seek for advice and help from forum just to know better but with your judgemental response @worry356, you make other keep quiet and not be able to express themselves cause of response like yours. Thanks for response anyway.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by YoungMetrosG(f): 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2016
Thank you. I'll post shortly. Compared to your own, it was much better o. Thank God. Your own was gangsta.

XX01:

Welcome. Share your POE experience. Hopefully, it was better than mine.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by YoungMetrosG(f): 5:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
Chloe7, XX01 It is well indeed. Too many stories, if we start telling them now, we will never finish.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by beausexy(f): 5:54pm On Nov 01, 2016
Hi triple K mama

Ow much r u willing to sell ....I av a US acct u can sent to.....and also Wat's ur rate....
TripleKMama:
Where is your wife? I can send her the money but you truly need a US account so as not to stress me too. Don't u have anyone near her? I'm in NJ. U can PM me for further details....plus anybody that needs $$ kiss
#NotAnAgent #JustHaveSpareDollars grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by YoungMetrosG(f): 7:24pm On Nov 01, 2016
Long post.

I got this visa in December 2014 with my husband because we had a new year's vacation planned. We went on that holiday and I've used my visa 4 more times since then. I started reading the thread in June 2015 when I got pregnant the first time, that pregnancy didn't go well, still read the thread "cover to cover". Got pregnant again in October 2015, same story. Mid 2016, got pregnant again and convinced I'd have this baby, I started gathering my documents, contacting doctors etc.

Travelled on Saturday, Oct 29 on British Airways, got to the airport at around 9ish pm because I already checked in online the day before and I'd had a very busy day. Went through all the customs checks, got to the desk and was done in no time.

Slept for the entire duration of the flight to London. Went straight to the lounge and first thing I did was ask to be booked on a buggy because I knew it would be a long walk to my gate and I didn't want to use a wheelchair. Layover in London was about 5 hours, my name was called at boarding time and I was taken to my gate on the buggy.

10 hour flight to DFW, we landed at about 3:15pm and it seemed like 100 flights had landed at the same time because the place was packed. Got in line and the lady directing travelers on the line struck up a conversation with me about my bump etc, after which she moved me to the front of the line.

Got to the CBP officer, nice looking Hispanic lady...
CBP: Why are you in the US this time?
Me: To have my baby
Her: How far along are you? ...I answered (32 weeks)
Her: How long do you plan to stay for?
Me: 15 weeks
Her: How much cash do you have on you?
Me: $7k+
Her: Do you have documents? ...Gave her the folder I'd arranged. It had my acceptance letter from my Dr, fee breakdown, BofA bank statement, return tickets, intent letter to the embassy and their reply etc.
When she got to the bank statements, she asked if I also currently had the balance shown in the bank as well as the cash I had on me, I said yes.
Her: How long did you stay when you came in May/June 2015? ... Answered her
Her: How long did you stay when you came in March this year? ... Answered her (About 2-3 weeks on both trips)
Her: When's your husband coming? ...Answered
And then she stamped me in till April 2017

Picked up luggage and then went on to the next queue where you meet another officer who looks at your landing card and directs you based on any annotations on it. Or allows you head out if you have no annotations. It was at that point I saw she'd written "C - $7k" on my card so I assumed it was to get my cash checked. The line was extremely long so waited and waited, when my turn came, was sent to the currency guys, stood in line again there, dude looked at my landing card and saw that I declared food, scanned my suitcases and took my boxes of indomie out, also took out a packet of knorr chicken. Got back in line for currency checks, guy there just did a full border entry interview again, gave him the same answers, he didn't check my cash or any documents.

Finally left the airport almost 2 hours after landing, glad it all went as smooth as it did.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Graceoged: 8:11pm On Nov 01, 2016
pls i need info. in my visa application, i filled tourist for reason of visit instead of medical. any way out? just discovered this thread online. i need help asap. thanks[quote author=justwise post=50621121][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 9:44pm On Nov 01, 2016
phunmie306:

Thank you @justwise, as he said it's not free, paid close to 200k Naira for health charge, wanted to stay back because I had morning sickness for weeks/month's which led to me not being able to submit, wanted to stay to finish it all instead of going and coming back again. Although, the school an option of pass but could still obtain my merit if I can submit and get a good grade. The point of applying for an extension was to avoid the hassle of travelling because when I submit, will still have to come back for my graduation which is around my delivery period and might not be convenient.

Please, best in mind some of us take hold step to seek for advice and help from forum just to know better but with your judgemental response @worry356, you make other keep quiet and not be able to express themselves cause of response like yours. Thanks for response anyway.

You are not abusing the NHS by getting medical treatment or having your baby in the U.k, before the govt introduced the health charge for foreign students medical treatment for foreign students are free including major operations, now foreign students pay yearly for NHS even if they don't use it AND if they work they will still pay NL which is just a contribution towards NHS funding.

I'm totally against abuse of any system but this is far from it.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by coolhayor: 10:43pm On Nov 01, 2016
Hi mamas&papas,makin dis enquiry for a friend who is not on nairaland.She got medical visa 3 years ago to deliver her 1st baby. She is preparing for baby no 2 and wants to apply for visa for d said purpose but she told me she collected dis free mothers&infant milk during her 1st time but paid all her bills.

I saw somewhr here dat it can affect her chances but i cant lay my hand on it again. Pls is any mama in d house who had d same situation and was able to renew her visa without stress? Although she cant return d milk of 2 years ago but since i informed her it is wrong She is really worried & wants answers before submitting her application.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmytee1(f): 1:21am On Nov 02, 2016
bendo75:
Send me a message if you need dollar here in the U.S. and if you have a U.S bank account and you are able to pay the naira equivalent into my account in Nigeria.
What's your rate please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lami88: 1:43am On Nov 02, 2016
Good day all. I am a silent reader of this great forum. Pls I really need you guys help. I am trying to renew my visa. After filling the ds 160 form. I went to the book appointment page and tried to create a new account. I did and logged in. After I filled in my profile it returned back with a message that my profile matches the name already on their system with a particular user name. Asked me to click on forgot password so I can access the old user name. I did and they sent me a new password into the old email add I used to register the first time I applied for visa. I entered d username and the new password sent to the me. I logged on again and filled in my info and data. The same message came again that my profile matches that already on their system bla bla and asked me to click on forgot passwork or contact feedback. I have done this severally and I'm now so co fused. I even logged out and use a different and new email add but the story is the same. Pls house what do I do
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gold638: 2:24am On Nov 02, 2016
Hello @bendo75. Playing, what's your rate? I might be interested if price is right *wink* thanks

bendo75:
Send me a message if you need dollar here in the U.S. and if you have a U.S bank account and you are able to pay the naira equivalent into my account in Nigeria.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Topnotch22: 2:58am On Nov 02, 2016
Very long post.
In the spirit of giving back, had a smooth journey – God took control all the way.
We booked BA for 29th of October late night flight, DH has already gotten to the airport as early as 3pm cos of the supposed queue at ttravellex while I stayed back at home and had already printed out the boarding pass. I got to the airport at about 7ish, DH hadn’t bee attended to yet. I checked in for both of us and continued the waiting game. It eventually got to our turn around 9pm – like @oye84 had earlier advised here on NL the fair lady with glasses that attended to us was pretty fast and understanding. We then proceeded to boarding, there was more than enough room and food on board and slept for most of it.
We arrived London heathrow about 4am and had to wait for another 4hrs cos we were connecting to JFK. It was a really long walk to the gates but thank God for strength, I wasn't tired at all plus DH encouraged me all through. Finally boarded and it was an even better flight but 8 hour long, slept, ate twice- lol, talked, watched movie till we got to JFK. Weather was just appropriate, didn’t have to use my coat.
We got to the CBP officer, a lady:
Her: why are you here??
DH: for vacation while my wife is here to have our baby.
Her: how long will you be here?
DH: just 2weeks
Me: 3 months
Her: and what do you do?
DH: I work with....., I also responded.
Her: when last were you in the US?
DH responded.
She stamped DH in and told us to give her a minute, she left for about 5mins, came back and told me i was going for secondary inspection/interview. But before leaving she took my finger prints and picture then took me to the room where there were about 4 other officers. She handed over my passports to them and told me to wait till me name is called, also told DH to go ahead and get our bags then wait in the lobby while I’m being interviewed. After about ten minutes, I was called and he asked where how long I’ll be staying, where old be staying, if I have a doctor and if i applied for childbirth at the embassy. I affirmed and responded to all. He also asked how much I had on me, told him about 9k in cash and others in cards. He them stamped me till April 2017 without asking to see any letter, documents or even the cash, only requested to see DH before giving me back my passport. He then further advised to make sure I keep all my receipts for future references and we were good to go.
Fast forward to agric, the guy touched the box and told is to open one of them, asked what we carried.. i had to start explaining- dried fish, peppersoup, chilli peppeer, sheabutter etc The guy did not even go further he just told us to cover it up and go.
That was how Onise Iyanu did it for us ooo.. hassle free right from the application - embassy – travelex – POE. Next testimony is delivery and arrival which i'ld definitely share by the Grace of God.
Thanks to Nairalanders for all their good and timely response to questions and to those that shared their experience too, triplekmama, oye84, nystic etc.
God bless us All.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by XX01(f): 3:14am On Nov 02, 2016
YoungMetrosG:
Long post.

Congrats. So na me them use learn work abi? Maybe because there were just 2 flights and i was the only preggy mama so they had my time. Tried to book the buggy and they were tossing me up and down. I jejely walked as slowly as my waist would allow and got to the boarding gate as they were letting in the final passengers.

The AA part of the flight was too tight and uncomfortable. And i didn't know i had to bring my own earphones so was watching movies via subtitles.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by LadyGuinivere: 3:58am On Nov 02, 2016
lami88:
Good day all. I am a silent reader of this great forum. Pls I really need you guys help. I am trying to renew my visa. After filling the ds 160 form. I went to the book appointment page and tried to create a new account. I did and logged in. After I filled in my profile it returned back with a message that my profile matches the name already on their system with a particular user name. Asked me to click on forgot password so I can access the old user name. I did and they sent me a new password into the old email add I used to register the first time I applied for visa. I entered d username and the new password sent to the me. I logged on again and filled in my info and data. The same message came again that my profile matches that already on their system bla bla and asked me to click on forgot passwork or contact feedback. I have done this severally and I'm now so co fused. I even logged out and use a different and new email add but the story is the same. Pls house what do I do
Call the call centre...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 4:10am On Nov 02, 2016
lami88:
do
had same issue too, call the support centre on 014406218 and it will be rectified.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Graceoged: 5:16am On Nov 02, 2016
please oo. i need suggestions
Graceoged:
pls i need info. in my visa application, i filled tourist for reason of visit instead of medical. any way out? just discovered this thread online. i need help asap. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by LadyGuinivere: 6:32am On Nov 02, 2016
Graceoged:
please oo. i need suggestions
No issue.
Carry your burden of proof along. Staye that childbirth is your purpose of the trip when asked.
Or
Fill a new form and call/email them to swap if you are more comfy with that option
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by misscanada123: 9:23am On Nov 02, 2016
coolhayor:
Hi mamas&papas,makin dis enquiry for a friend who is not on nairaland.She got medical visa 3 years ago to deliver her 1st baby. She is preparing for baby no 2 and wants to apply for visa for d said purpose but she told me she collected dis free mothers&infant milk during her 1st time but paid all

Free milk shouldn't hurt her chances of getting a visa. What they are really concerned about is if she registered for medicare isn't which case she wouldn't have paid medical bills. If she paid her hospital and doctor bills with receipt to show for it, she should be good to go.
This time around tell her not to register for freebies meant for residents for her peace of mind.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nneka3000: 11:42am On Nov 02, 2016
[quote author=lami88 post=5069465

Call or write them to update your profile. The same happened to me and after writing them ( the option is on that appointment platform),I put a call to them and it was done immediately.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nneka3000: 11:56am On Nov 02, 2016
Please I need clarification , I renewed my visa and choose B2 Medical. Do I still to send letter of intent to give birth to the embassy? Or I am covered since I used the previous visa for vacation.though I sent a letter of intent last year but baby went to be with the Lord before we travelled.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by YoungMetrosG(f): 12:45pm On Nov 02, 2016
As in! I won't lie, I was a bit scared after reading your story. The wahala might actually be because the place was empty and they had time for you. It was so full when I landed, There was hardly any space to walk.

I've flown AA on that second leg to DFW before, nice plane and all but there were a few things I didn't like so this time I intentionally picked BA for the DFW leg. Glad I did. Bottom line is we're here now and next step is to give birth to these bundles of joy. We thank God for his mercies.

XX01:

Congrats. So na me them use learn work abi? Maybe because there were just 2 flights and i was the only preggy mama so they had my time. Tried to book the buggy and they were tossing me up and down. I jejely walked as slowly as my waist would allow and got to the boarding gate as they were letting in the final passengers.

The AA part of the flight was too tight and uncomfortable. And i didn't know i had to bring my own earphones so was watching movies via subtitles.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lively123: 3:08pm On Nov 02, 2016
[quote author=Topnotch22 post=50694961]Very long post.
travellex while I stayed back at home and had already printed out the boarding pass. I got to the airport at about 7ish, DH hadn’t bee attended to yet. I checked in for both of us and continued the waiting game. It eventually got to our turn around 9pm – like @oye84 had earlier advised here on NL the fair lady with glasses that attended to us was pretty fast and understanding.

Please house, for those who have been fortunate to get Travelex this week, did you have BVN Card? If you didn't and got a printout from your bank, did the printout include the bank's letter head with stamp or was it the generic printout that contains your name and the BVN number? please help a sister. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ahmayzing(f): 3:17pm On Nov 02, 2016
[quote author=Zocken post=50622678]Grateful we are in part 5. Let me reproduce my burning issue here for help.
Good day great people of this platform. Please, I need some clarifications on how I can send about $2000 ....

Zocken , have you got the $2000? What state is she? I can give her at a good rate!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MumcDab: 4:00pm On Nov 02, 2016
XX01:

Abeg help me oh.Some people can be really mean, especially inlaws. On my first missionary journey, I stayed with SIL and MIL, it was very bad. i cleaned, cooked and had no life of my own. There were 3 adults in the house and each one would wake up and decide they wanted to eat different meals. As a proper yoruba girl, I did not complain cos I thought it would help me to be stronger, but the one that got me was after I had my baby, before I left She specifically asked me to clean her house before leaving. I cleaned everywhere.

She was in Nigeria last year in my house, and offered no help. I would go to work, come back home and still cook for her. She poisoned my maid, all sorts oh. I tolerated it. This year, when she came about a month ago, I just discovered I was pregnant, plus malaria so I wasn't ready to stress myself and no maid. She blew up and said all sorts of non-sense to me oh, even threatened that if she tells me hubby he will send me away. I was just laughing in my mind. She don see jackie- on this second journey, she will kill herself cos I ain't going no where. The bills were extra high in her state and she dint allow me make any decisions, I had to do most of my shopping online, I wasnt allowed to go out and had to go only where she wanted. although she took me for all my appointments. She dint help with any of the bills oh (Not like we needed her to), but when I was leaving the US, she asked me for baby's SSN and Birth cert. Fast forward this year, she needs him to come to the US cos they fined her for not getting insurance for him (She wont pay for ticket oh!)! She actually filed him without informing us. Me I have had enough, and that's the reason why i dint travel back for any sort of vacation after I had my baby in 2014. Now that I am going to have this baby, I dont even intend to take my 2 year old.

Please I need pointers on how to block the filing she did on my son's SSN. Thank you, peops.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.