Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy (9601 Views)

Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / "Women are made for men" -The Christian God / Xenophanes' Criticism Of Anthropomorphism Vs The Triune Nature of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by FSMs: 11:18pm On Nov 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

We recognize that a person has said the truth when he does so.

If the same person lies, we recognize that he has lied too.

The Christian life is all about candour.
Yes Because it agrees to What you believe but if it doesn't it's A lie? you guys are Hypocrite
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by DoctorAlien(m): 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

Yes Because it agrees to What you believe but if it doesn't it's A lie?

I believe the Bible. If it doesn't agree with the Bible, it's a lie.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by FSMs: 11:21pm On Nov 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I believe the Bible. If it doesn't agree with the Bible, it's a lie.
Are u saying what he wrote there didn't agree with the Bible but when it comes to defending the Elisha stuff it agrees with the Bible? what ah hypocrite
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by DoctorAlien(m): 11:25pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

Are u saying what he wrote there didn't agree with the Bible but when it comes to defending the Elisha stuff it agrees with the Bible? what ah hypocrite

Are you EyehateGod? Because this puerile answer is characteristic of him.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by FSMs: 11:30pm On Nov 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Are you EyehateGod? Because this puerile answer is characteristic of him.
Yes i am And why can't people be honest to themselves?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 11:31pm On Nov 02, 2016
TomHagen:
You are just repeating the same thing. Na who Him like to give Him dey give. No be about quantity. A man with unlimited wealth still reserves the right to give his wealth to whoever he pleases.

of course, but that's beside this bro

if I have unlimited money, I'll give to EVERYONE, whoever asks, what do I need the discretion for? discretion goes outta the window the moment I get that unlimited money

I'll give as much as possible to as many people as possible, I'll travel round the world dropping as much money as possible from my plane

I'll buy as much food, drugs, clean water, groceries as I can and send it to war torn countries who would find better use for those things than money

we talking "unlimited money" here FFs

oh! let me stop here because I'm sure you get the idea
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by 4everGod1: 11:32pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:
Yes i am And why can't people be honest to themselves?
hahaha everyone knows you even with their eyes closed...lol
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 11:32pm On Nov 02, 2016
Weah96:

I would love to hear your opinion on suicide bombings. Is it possible that suicide bombings are a show of compassion from an entity with unlimited wisdom?
I believe that majority of suicide attacks (if not all) are simply a result of brainwashing to the point of mindlessness. This would explain why the very educated terrorists leaders; Abubakar-al Baghdadi, Ayman-al-Zawahiri, Osama Bin Laden et al do not carry out suicide attacks. One would expect them to be in a hurry to get their virgins.
If by chance there are people who are in control of faculties who carry out suicide attacks, it would still boil down to trust. They have decided to have total trust (faith) in what they percieve to be greater than them, so much so that they are willing to kill themselves for they have believed. My opinion as a Christian would be that they have misplaced their trust.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by 4everGod1: 11:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
hopefullandlurd:

if I have unlimited money, I'll give to EVERYONE, whoever asks, what do I need the discretion for? discretion goes outta the window the moment I get that unlimited money

I'll give as much as possible to as many people as possible, I'll travel round the world dropping as much money as possible from my plane

I'll buy as much food, drugs, clean water, groceries as I can and send it to war torn countries who would find better use for those things than money

is this answer meant for my Question or are you going to treat my question separately?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod1:

is this answer meant for my Question or are you going to treat my question separately?

where's your question?

been busy watching Madrid's match so I just check for Tom's posts and reply
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by 4everGod1: 11:44pm On Nov 02, 2016
hopefullandlurd:

where's your question?

been busy watching Madrid's match so I just check for Tom's posts and reply

chexk your mentions and answer my question. Dont play coy.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod1:

bolded, not necessary,
checking....
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 11:47pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod1:

bolded, not necessary, checking
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 11:49pm On Nov 02, 2016
hopefullandlurd:

Aahh. Too much money in circulation leads to inflation. If you do that, the price of everything will skyrocket as everyone would now have money. I know this even with my limited wisdom. Do you want to hazard a guess as to what someone with unlimited wisdom would know?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod1:

when making statements and making comparisons you need to do so rightly so let me ask you this.

If you were God how would you handle discretion side by side with compassion towards your creation taking into consideration their diverse geographical locations, experiences, tribes, character, attirude, acceptance or rejection of people, selfishness, greed, wickedness, kindness and so on.

So tell me your own version of compassion and discretion if you would.

cc valentinemary

is the imaginary compassion you're attributing to me limited or not?

if unlimited, what do I need discretion for?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 02, 2016
TomHagen:
Aahh. Too much money in circulation leads to inflation. If you do that, the price of everything will skyrocket as everyone would now have money. I know this even with my limited wisdom. Do you want to hazard a guess as to what someone with unlimited wisdom would know?

I expected this

does this "inflation" apply to compassion?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Weah96: 11:59pm On Nov 02, 2016
TomHagen:
I believe that majority of suicide attacks (if not all) are simply a result of brainwashing to the point of mindlessness. This would explain why the very educated terrorists leaders; Abubakar-al Baghdadi, Ayman-al-Zawahiri, Osama Bin Laden et al do not carry out suicide attacks.

Oh, so suicide bombings don't make sense to you because the leaders don't do it? But you just told me that human wisdom is not sufficient to discern the workings of an unlimited mind. It's ironic that you are telling me now that jihadists are mindless and brainwashed. How can you make that statement in good faith, when you yourself have yet to understand unlimited wisdom?

Do you possess unlimited wisdom?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by 4everGod1: 12:01am On Nov 03, 2016
hopefullandlurd:

is the imaginary compassion you're attributing to me limited or not?

if unlimited, what do I need discretion for?

So compassion is to be bandied around to all be they foolish or even if they would abuse it or be killed by it the very next minute?

is this what you mean?

pls answer my question assuming you were God with unlimited compassion mixed with discretion how would you rule the world?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 03, 2016
4everGod1:

So compassion is to be bandied around to all be they foolish or even if they would abuse it or be killed by it the very next minute?

is this what you mean?

pls answer my question assuming you were God with unlimited compassion mixed with discretion how would you rule the world?

you're basically asking how I'll do if I already know what someone would do with the compassion, amirite?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 12:07am On Nov 03, 2016
hopefullandlurd:

I expected this

does this "inflation" apply to compassion?
What are the downsides of ''distributing compassion'' to everyone? Do you know?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
What are the downsides of ''distributing compassion'' to everyone? Do you know?

interesting, we are getting somewhere

do I have foreknowledge of what they'll do with it or not?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by 4everGod1: 12:15am On Nov 03, 2016
hopefullandlurd:

you're basically asking how I'll do if I already know what someone would do with the compassion, amirite?

You basically act as if you know all about God and How he functions and you find it flawed so put yourself in His shoes...

Right now you are God how would you handle the entire 7.5 billion people in the world with their different thoughts, different dreams and aspirations, different background and character, different habits and mindsets, and all that...

Give us your Godview comparatively.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 12:19am On Nov 03, 2016
4everGod1:

You basically act as if you know all about God and How he functions and you find it flawed so put yourself in His shoes...

Right now you are God how would you handle the entire 7.5 billion people in the world with their different thoughts, different dreams and aspirations, different background and character, different habits and mindsets, and all that...

Give us your Godview comparatively.

can we stay on the compassion?

do I have foreknowledge of what each and every person would do with the compassion I'm about to give them?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by 4everGod1: 12:23am On Nov 03, 2016
hopefullandlurd:

can we stay on the compassion?

do I have foreknowledge of what each and every person would do with the compassion I'm about to give them?

would you exclude foreknowledge from freewill? If the foreknowledge you have cannot be utilized for good especially when the recipient has his own freewill to act as he pleases and this freewill would end up destroying him if not utilized correctly

How would you be a better God. Answer the question and stop dancing about.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 12:25am On Nov 03, 2016
Weah96:

Oh, so suicide bombings don't make sense to you because the leaders don't do it? But you just told me that human wisdom is not sufficient to discern the workings of an unlimited mind. It's ironic that you are telling me now that jihadists are mindless and brainwashed. How can you make that statement in good faith, when you yourself have yet to understand unlimited wisdom?

Do you possess unlimited wisdom?

It's my personal opinion. The second part of my post (which you conveniently left out) assumed that they are in control of their faculties. This would then mean that they have decided to trust their definition of the unlimited wisdom. There's no difference between me and them really. The only difference is what or prefarably WHO we have decided to regard as the unlimited wisdom. We have only directed our faiths at different entities.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 12:27am On Nov 03, 2016
hopefullandlurd:

interesting, we are getting somewhere

do I have foreknowledge of what they'll do with it or not?
So for all you know this is simply a display of foreknowledge right?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 03, 2016
4everGod1:

would you exclude foreknowledge from freewill? If the foreknowledge you have cannot be utilized for good especially when the recipient has his own freewill to as he pleases.

How would you be a better God. Answer the question and stop dancing about.

I'm not dancing, you're the one dancing here

if I have foreknowledge, then there's really no freewill here since I already know what 4evergod would do with the compassion I'm about to show him, I'll use "discretion", that's where discretion comes in

if I don't have such foreknowledge, then I'll give EVERYONE
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
So for all you know this is simply a display of foreknowledge right?

yes, if bill gates knows you'll burn the $5 he's about to give you with a lighter, he won't give you
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 12:32am On Nov 03, 2016
hopefullandlurd:

yes, if bill gates knows you'll burn the $5 he's about to give you with a lighter, he won't give you
So why are you complaining?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 12:36am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
So why are you complaining?

does he have foreknowledge?

then "Fatality" the belief or feeling that we have no control over what happens to us becomes applicable here

foreknowledge opens a new can of worms

we'll continue in the morning
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 12:50am On Nov 03, 2016
hopefullandlurd:

does he have foreknowledge?

then "Fatality" the belief or feeling that we have no control over what happens to us becomes applicable here

foreknowledge opens a new can of worms

we'll continue in the morning
Alright.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Weah96: 12:56am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
[size=18pt]It's my personal opinion.[/size] The second part of my post (which you conveniently left out) assumed that they are in control of their faculties. This would then mean that they have decided to trust their definition of the unlimited wisdom. There's no difference between me and them really. The only difference is what or prefarably WHO we have decided to regard as the unlimited wisdom. We have only directed our faiths at different entities.

Personal opinions don't apply to such matters. You said so yourself. You can only have an opinion about things that you understand, and unlimited wisdom happens to be beyond you.

With that being said, I admire your honesty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis / Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten / Why Do You Go To Church Every Sunday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.