Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy (9596 Views)

Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / "Women are made for men" -The Christian God / Xenophanes' Criticism Of Anthropomorphism Vs The Triune Nature of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 9:02am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

no..thats not their story..thats the author/authors of genesis story..
He wasnt there or something was he?
The other way to gain this would be the so much admired ''divine inspiration''...wouldnt that be singular?
No tales by moonlight stuff pls.
For the sake of this discussion, we have to agree that that's how the event went down. Unless you have a different historical source.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 9:10am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
Give your own definitions and let us work with them.

Love---a complete feeling of affection
Compassion---a feeling of deep sympathy accompanied by a
strong desire to alleviate the
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 9:13am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
For the sake of this discussion, we have to agree that that's how the event went down. Unless you have a different historical source.
there goes your danger of a single story...

you want to shift everything to satan?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 9:14am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

'All Loving' na im we dey talk na.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 9:18am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

there goes your danger of a single story...

you want to shift everything to satan?
The 'single story danger' applies when there are other historical sources. Do you have any other source?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by DoctorAlien(m): 9:19am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:
uh...did you slowly read the op?
Take time to read the post which you quoted.
Ask questions, if you have any.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by DoctorAlien(m): 9:29am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

if a child is born blind deaf and dumb..and has an accident has an accident at age 1...and is confined to the hospital for life...and later dies at an age of reason....without beliving in christ...will that child go to heaven?

Jehovah is a GOD of Justice, and as such, Justice is an inextricable part of His judgment.

Ignorant people will go to Heaven. However, before you can be ignorant in the sight of GOD, you must make two claims truthfully:

1. I did not know.

2. I had no way of knowing.

(See 2 Pet. 2:21)
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 9:35am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
'All Loving' na im we dey talk na.
all loving---complete love
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 9:41am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
The 'single story danger' applies when they are other historical sources. Do you have any other source?
you wanna take an argument from silence....

Lets go by your source...i ask again..do you want to shift everything to satan?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 9:41am On Nov 03, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Jehovah is a GOD of Justice, and as such, Justice is an inextricable part of His judgment.

Ignorant people will go to Heaven. However, before you can be ignorant in the sight of GOD, you must make two claims truthfully:

1. I did not know.

2. I had no way of knowing.

(See 2 Pet. 2:21)
what happened to now one can come to the father except through me?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 9:43am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

all loving---complete love
Huh... This is too vague.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by DoctorAlien(m): 9:44am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:
what happened to now one can come to the father except through me?
What do you understand by that statement?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 9:45am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

you wanna take an argument from silence....

Lets go by your source...i ask again..do you want to shift everything to satan?
No. They were all held responsible.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 9:46am On Nov 03, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Take time to read the post which you quoted.

Ask questions, if you have any.
let me bring the op here..
does any action have to be done for the condemmnation followings adam's action to reflect on one?

if you want to say its man's sinful nature or something...are you admitting yahweh created adam imperfectly? (Not adam's fault)
Purposefully with a flaw?
with a sarcastical permission to sin?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by shadeyinka(m): 9:47am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

i didnt have to believe in adam or anything for me to be in danger of hell..but i have to believe in jesus to absolve it...
Its not right for God to force me to be with him...but somehow it is right for him to condemnn all mankind for something they didnt do....forcing me to bear the stuff of someone else
you still dont see the conditioning?

keep in mind---they/i(us) didnt ask to be created?
*thats a side stool tho*

You kind of forget that the universe and existence are all bound by rules binding on you whether you subscribe to it or not.

Example:
Law of inheritance:
We inherit BOTH the strength and weakness of our fore-parents (good or bad)
We inherit their genetic makeup (good or bad)
We inherit their temperance (good or bad)

We inherit their assets (rich or poor)

Now, on all these, were is the fault of God forcing you to inherit what someone else did? It is part of the laws of existence.

If you were Dangote's son, would you claim you are being forced to inherit your father's wealth. If you don't want the inheritance, you must take some steps..consciously abdicate your right.

If you were a paupers son, would you claim you were being forced to inherit your fathers poverty? You must take some actions to change the status quo!

The two examples above are examples of how the laws of inheritance works my dear. The hatered of God will not change it. Its like the law of gravity will no be changed because I am about falling from a 10 storey building.

Now, if you didn't ask to be created, its a proof that you were not created because of YOU. Your were created because of the need of the Creator; God!

Changing your status quo is a choice you must make. All God did was to make it easy for even the weak to make it. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved! Simple!
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 9:47am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
No. They were all held responsible.

is the condemnation them or all?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 9:49am On Nov 03, 2016
DoctorAlien:

What do you understand by that statement?
what happened to no one comes to the father except through me(belief)?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 9:51am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

is the condemnation them or all?
Their descendants as well.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 9:54am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
Huh... This is too vague.
? smh
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 9:55am On Nov 03, 2016
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 10:02am On Nov 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

You kind of forget that the universe and existence are all bound by rules binding on you whether you subscribe to it or not.

Example:
Law of inheritance:
We inherit BOTH the strength and weakness of our fore-parents (good or bad)
We inherit their genetic makeup (good or bad)
We inherit their temperance (good or bad)

We inherit their assets (rich or poor)

Now, on all these, were is the fault of God forcing you to inherit what someone else did? It is part of the laws of existence
very wrong!
There are people who do not inherit their parents wealth or poverty
a rich mans kid can decide to forfeit all his father's watever and start from the scratch for himself...it happens all the time
so its outrightly wrong!
It is not a constant..

The two examples above are examples of how the laws of inheritance works my dear. The hatered of God will not change it. Its like the law of gravity will no be changed because I am about falling from a 10 storey building.

Now, if you didn't ask to be created, its a proof that you were not created because of YOU. Your were created because of the need of the Creator; God!

Changing your status quo is a choice you must make. All God did was to make it easy for even the weak to make it. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved! Simple!
@the bolded..if you cant do without such misotheistic ad hominems...then im not obliged to reply.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by DoctorAlien(m): 10:04am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

what happened to no one comes to the father except through me(belief)?

grin Atheists and their puerile logic.

Anyway, let me enlighten you.

Yes Jesus Christ is the only Name given by which men may be saved. However, have you thought of the Patriachs and the Old Testament saints? Did they call on the name of Jesus?

The answer is No and also Yes. While they did not literally call on the name of Jesus(of course GOD the Son was not known as Jesus in the OT), they worshipped Jesus. Jesus Christ is the GOD of the Old Testament. He is the One who appeared to Moses in the burning bush and proclaimed Himself "I AM"(Jn. 8:58). He was the same GOD who came down on Mount Sinai, amidst earthquakes and thunderings, and spoke the eternal 10 Commandments(Jn. 14:15).

Some people who have no knowledge of Christ instinctively obey Christ, and as such, they will be saved(See Rom. 2:14-16. Compare Matt. 7:21).
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 10:08am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
Their descendants as well.
your rigmarole and merry go round let you back to my point... NO ACTION WAS REQUIRED FOR CONDEMNATION
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 10:10am On Nov 03, 2016
DoctorAlien:

grin Atheists and their puerile logic.

Anyway, let me enlighten you.

Yes Jesus Christ is the only Name given by which men may be saved. However, have you thought of the Patriachs and the Old Testament saints? Did they call on the name of Jesus?

The answer is No and also Yes. While they did not literally call on the name of Jesus(of course GOD the Son was not known as Jesus in the OT), they worshipped Jesus. Jesus Christ is the GOD of the Old Testament. He is the One who appeared to Moses in the burning bush and proclaimed Himself "I AM"(Jn. 8:58). He was the same GOD who came down on Mount Sinai, amidst earthquakes and thunderings, and spoke the eternal 10 Commandments(Jn. 14:15).

Some people who have no knowledge of Christ instinctively obey Christ, and as such, they will be saved(See Rom. 2:14-16. Compare Matt. 7:21).
how does this answer the preposition i offered?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by ValentineMary(m): 10:10am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
Our definitions of 'all loving' differ.
Lolz
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 10:14am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

your rigmarole and merry go round let you back to my point...
NO ACTION WAS REQUIRED FOR CONDEMNATION
What actions did sickle cell patients take before they became sufferers? Go figure!
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 10:15am On Nov 03, 2016
ValentineMary:
Lolz
I must have missed the joke.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by DoctorAlien(m): 10:17am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:
how does this answer the preposition i offered?
As if anything could answer the "proposition you offered."
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by DoctorAlien(m): 10:23am On Nov 03, 2016
For the benefit of those who are ready to learn,

All throughout the old testament, men went to GOD through Jesus Christ. The sacrifices and the offerings, the killing of lambs and goats, all pointed to Christ, the Lamb of GOD which would be slaughtered for the sins of the world. Men recognized that a substitute must take away their condemnation, and with each lamb slaughtered, they reaffirmed their faith in the coming Redeemer who would deliver them from the power of sin(Job 19:25).
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 10:35am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
What actions did sickle cell patients take before they became sufferers? Go figure!
1) animals also have heriditary diseases

2)sickle cell is as a result of the body trying to be resistant to malaria..or better still a genetic disorder..
So do animals go to hell?
Use a better stuff..
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by shadeyinka(m): 10:36am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

very wrong!
There are people who do not inherit their parents wealth or poverty
a rich mans kid can decide to forfeit all his father's watever and start from the scratch for himself...it happens all the time
so its outrightly wrong!
It is not a constant..

You are still corroborating my statements. A person has a choice to change the status quo by taking some necessary actions.

raphieMontella:

@the bolded..if you cant do without such misotheistic ad hominems...then im not obliged to reply.

Why are you so defensively edgy?
I didn't say "Your hatred for God.." , I said "The hatred of God". Its not about you, its a statement
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 10:40am On Nov 03, 2016
DoctorAlien:

As if anything could answer the "proposition you offered."
yes
please...read your post...read my question..judge yourself then indulge me...its different.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Proliferation Of Churches: A Need Or Nuisance / The Sweetness Of Sin / Pope Francis Speaks On ‘Frequent Kidnappings’ In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.