Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy (9602 Views)

Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / "Women are made for men" -The Christian God / Xenophanes' Criticism Of Anthropomorphism Vs The Triune Nature of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by FSMs: 10:10pm On Nov 02, 2016
TomHagen:
Running from what. You like saying rubbish. Just look at what other atheists are saying and compare it to your own posts. You are the same person as deicide and eyehateGod so I'm not really surprised.

Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 02, 2016
TomHagen:
What does this even mean? I said ''does he give it to everyone. Why?'' Go and look at the post again. You removed the why. That's dishonest bro.

lol

you're starting to lose a bit of credibility here

okay, agreed that's your question

Q:does he give it to everyone?

A: NO

Q: Why?

A: because he has limited money, there's only so much he can give, so it makes sense for him not to give it to EVERYONE

so I've answered that from MY FIRST REPLY to you on this thread

Yahweh however doesn't have such limitations

that's been my point from the first reply till now

its you that's switched it from "Everyone" to "Africa"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 10:10pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

Psa 100:5 For the LORD [is] good; his mercy [is] everlasting; and his truth [endureth] to all generations.
Maybe my grasp of the English Language is not as sophisticated as yours but please how does this translate to all loving?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 10:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
ValentineMary:
It seems u did not read my first comment how I explained how the theologian Aquinas said God was all loving since he was perfect. And if ur God is not all loving, he is not perfect.
Are you for real? Na Aquinas write Bible?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by FSMs: 10:12pm On Nov 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Is it too hard to grasp that Jesus Christ is GOD, but that when He came to earth, He lived lived the life of a man?

Yes He was God He lived the life of a man and Was Also in Contact With God Again he even prayed to him..

Yes, there was the tendency to sin. He was born with the sinful human nature. But He never sinned. He resisted sin in every way.

Is this too hard to grasp? If it is, don't mention me again.
So God Can Sin?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by 4everGod1: 10:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
TomHagen:
Running from what. You like saying rubbish. Just look at what other atheists are saying and compare it to your own posts. You are the same person as deicide and eyehateGod so I'm not really surprised.

lmao the guy is like a sore thumb...He always sticks out even after trying so many times to rebrand himself via moniker deactivations and recreating new monikers his very essence keeps poking out for all to see.

Anyway FSMs aka eyehateGod aka deicide thanks for reporting me because I called you a name which in truth is your character....

I still dey kampe.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by FSMs: 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
TomHagen:
Maybe my grasp of the English Language is not as sophisticated as yours but please how does this translate to all loving?
@modified
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by DoctorAlien(m): 10:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

Yes He was God He lived the life of a man and Was Also in Contact With God Again he even prayed to him..

So God Can Sin?

I can kill somebody, but I will not.

(By GOD's grace alone, anyway.)
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 10:22pm On Nov 02, 2016
hopefullandlurd:

lol

you're starting to lose a bit of credibility here

okay, agreed that's your question

Q:does he give it to everyone?

A: NO

Q: Why?

A: because he has limited money, there's only so much he can give, so it makes sense for him not to give it to EVERYONE

so I've answered that from MY FIRST REPLY to you on this thread

Yahweh however doesn't have such limitations

that's been my point from the first reply till now

its you that's switched it from "Everyone" to "Africa"
Oh God. We disagree on the 'why?' You say it's limited funds and I say it's discretion. Bill Gates can afford to still part with another $20B today and it wont affect his lifestyle. He has chosen not to. That's DISCRETION. Limited funds would apply if we are asking him to part with all or almost all of his estimated $80B. Comprende?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 10:22pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod1:

lmao the guy is like a sore thumb...He always sticks out even after trying so many times to rebrand himself via moniker deactivations and recreating new monikers his very essence keeps poking out for all to see.

Anyway FSMs aka eyehateGod aka deicide thanks for reporting me because I called you a name which in truth is your character....

I still dey kampe.
That guy matter just tire me.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 10:23pm On Nov 02, 2016
[quote author=FSMs post=50718494][/quote]You never fail to disappoint.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Weah96: 10:25pm On Nov 02, 2016
TomHagen:
This is because you know figures generally and what they are and how they operate. A person who has never seen figures before would not know this. Have you seen a God before? Any God; whether compassionate, kind, evil, malevolent, etc. Have you?

I also know linguistics generally and understand that words imply ideas. A Compassionate God will not kill 42 children for telling the truth, albeit in a disrespectful manner. You're not using the appropriate adjective.

But leaving this aside, the fact that we have the Bible means that over 10 people have met a God or heard from one. You believe their stories, and wonder how people who have never met or heard a God can say that he won't kill 42 children.

You should apply the same standards of credulity towards the people who have met a God. I personally have never met one. But if you do meet one, you cannot call it compassionate AND at the same time describe how it sanctioned the deaths of 42 children for calling a bald man BALD.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 10:26pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

Psa 100:5 For the LORD [is] good; his mercy [is] everlasting; and his truth [endureth] to all generations.
Jer 31:3 The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, [saying], Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
The highlighted shows this is not for everyone. Thee means you. He's talking to somebody. So whence cometh the ALL LOVING?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by FSMs: 10:28pm On Nov 02, 2016
TomHagen:
The highlighted shows this is not for everyone. Thee means you. His talking to somebody. So whence cometh the ALL LOVING?
Good now Yahweh love is Conditional
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 10:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
Weah96:

I also know linguistics generally and understand that words imply ideas. A Compassionate God will not kill 42 children for telling the truth, albeit in a disrespectful manner. You're not using the appropriate adjective.

But leaving this aside, the fact that we have the Bible means that over 10 people have met a God or heard from one. You believe their stories, and wonder how people who have never met or heard a God can say that he won't kill 42 children.

You should apply the same standards of credulity towards the people who have met a God. I personally have never met one. But if you do meet one, you cannot call it compassionate AND at the same time describe how it sanctioned the deaths of 42 children for calling a bald man BALD.
You cannot know what a ''compassionate God'' is capable of because you do not have an ''uncompassionate God'' to compare Him to... His thoughts are higher than your thoughts so it follows that His idea of compassion will be different from yours.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Weah96: 10:34pm On Nov 02, 2016
TomHagen:
The highlighted shows this is not for everyone. Thee means you. His talking to somebody. So whence cometh the ALL LOVING?

Just so you know, you are the most matured Christian that I've encountered on Nairaland. You've always stuck to the topics, without being afraid to address even the most sacrilegious topics. I am impressed, no homo.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by DoctorAlien(m): 10:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
Weah96,

On the issue of Elisha and the 42 "children", follow this link to get a better understanding of the story.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 10:36pm On Nov 02, 2016
Weah96:

Just so you know, you are the most matured Christian that I've encountered on Nairaland. You've always stuck to the topics, without being afraid to address even the most sacrilegious topics. I am impressed, no homo.
Flattered. Thank you.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 10:38pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

Good now Yahweh love is Conditional
John 3:16 states this clearly. ''Whosoever believeth'' Why did you think otherwise?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by FSMs: 10:43pm On Nov 02, 2016
TomHagen:
John 3:16 states this clearly. ''Whosoever believeth'' Why did you think otherwise?
That's the Topic of This Thread na
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Weah96: 10:46pm On Nov 02, 2016
TomHagen:
You cannot know what a ''compassionate God'' is capable of because you do not have an ''uncompassionate God'' to compare Him to... His thoughts are higher than your thoughts so it follows that His idea of compassion will be different from yours.

That's even more reason why we should scrutinize the person who claim to have met a compassionate God, don't you think? Someone has met this compassionate God, and that person described moments which were in juxtaposition to that character trait.

My idea of compassion is to spare children from violent deaths. What you're saying is that violent deaths can be a compassionate thing provided it is used strategically by an entity with unlimited wisdom.

These ideas are all linguistically oxymoronic. That's like a Muslim suggesting that suicide bombing is the way that Allah, the Compassionate shows compassion. Select an adjective that is consistent with the idea being described. If a God killed 42 children for making noise, don't call that God compassionate. You're abusing the Queen's language. There are plenty of words in English to describe a God that kills children.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 10:48pm On Nov 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Weah96,

On the issue of Elisha and the 42 "children", follow this link to get a better understanding of the story.
Hmm. I've never heard that story explained that way before.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by DoctorAlien(m): 10:52pm On Nov 02, 2016
TomHagen:
Hmm. I've never heard that story explained that way before.

Yea. The word translated "children" there in the KJV can also be translated "youth" or "young lads."
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 10:52pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:
That's the Topic of This Thread na
Ayam not understanding.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 02, 2016
TomHagen:
Oh God. We disagree on the 'why?' You say it's limited funds and I say it's discretion. Bill Gates can afford to still part with another $20B today and it wont affect his lifestyle. He has chosen not to. That's DISCRETION. Limited funds would apply if we are asking him to part will all or almost all of his estimated $80B. Comprende?

bros, we just got to a T junction

let's agree with what you just wrote

why the "discretion"?

because he has limited funds

let's assume he gives $1B total out of $80B

he's been set back $1B, he's LOST $1B

let's leave " lifestyle " out of this

but does your Yahweh have such count? does he have a total of compassion? does Yahweh LOSE compassion every time he shows it?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 11:02pm On Nov 02, 2016
Weah96:

That's even more reason why we should scrutinize the person who claim to have met a compassionate God, don't you think? Someone has met this compassionate God, and that person described moments which were in juxtaposition to that character trait.

My idea of compassion is to spare children from violent deaths. What you're saying is that violent deaths can be a compassionate thing provided it is used strategically by an entity with unlimited wisdom.

These ideas are all linguistically oxymoronic. That's like a Muslim suggesting that suicide bombing is the way that Allah, the Compassionate shows compassion. Select an adjective that is consistent with the idea being described. If a God killed 42 children for making noise, don't call that God compassionate. You're abusing the Queen's language. There are plenty of words in English to describe a God that kills children.

The highlighted is key. You and I cannot know what unlimited wisdom is. What if the wise thing is to kill those children? Our limited wisdom says otherwise but what does unlimited wisdom say? We do not know. This is where trust comes in . Trust that which you have believed, regardless of how bizarre it seems. The death of those 42kids might have served a greater purpose. It's blind trust I agree but I believe that's the definition of faith; without which no man can please God.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by 4everGod1: 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2016
hopefullandlurd:

why the "discretion"?

but does your Yahweh have such count? does he have a total of compassion? does Yahweh LOSE compassion every time he shows it?

when making statements and making comparisons you need to do so rightly so let me ask you this.

If you were God how would you handle discretion side by side with compassion towards your creation taking into consideration their diverse geographical locations, experiences, tribes, character, attirude, acceptance or rejection of people, selfishness, greed, wockedness, kindness and so on.

So tell me your own version of compassion and discretion if you would.

cc valentinemary
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by FSMs: 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Weah96,

Hmm the Christian wiki but what happens when the Site disagree with your Views?

https://gotquestions.org/Jews-saved.html
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 11:08pm On Nov 02, 2016
hopefullandlurd:

why the "discretion"?

You are just repeating the same thing. Na who Him like to give Him dey give. No be about quantity. A man with unlimited wealth still reserves the right to give his wealth to whoever he pleases.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by DoctorAlien(m): 11:12pm On Nov 02, 2016
FSMs:

Hmm the Christian wiki but what happens when the Site disagree with your Views?

https://gotquestions.org/Jews-saved.html

We recognize that a person has said the truth when he does so.

If the same person lies, we recognize that he has lied too.

The Christian life is all about candour.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Weah96: 11:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
TomHagen:
The highlighted is key. You and I cannot know what unlimited wisdom is. What if the wise thing is to kill those children? Our limited wisdom says otherwise but what does unlimited wisdom say? We do not know.

I would love to hear your opinion on suicide bombings. Is it possible that suicide bombings are a show of compassion from an entity with unlimited wisdom?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 11:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
4everGod1:

when making statements and making comparisons you need to do so rightly so let me ask you this.

If you were God how would you handle discretion side by side with compassion towards your creation taking into consideration their diverse geographical locations, experiences, tribes, character, attirude, acceptance or rejection of people, selfishness, greed, wockedness, kindness and so on.

So tell me your own version of compassion and discretion if you would.

cc valentinemary
Perfect. Let's see how he's going to wriggle out of this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Imams & Priests Play Football For Bosnian Kindergarten / Why Do You Go To Church Every Sunday? / Did God Really Write The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.