Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy (9586 Views)

Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / "Women are made for men" -The Christian God / Xenophanes' Criticism Of Anthropomorphism Vs The Triune Nature of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 10:43am On Nov 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

You are still corroborating my statements. A person has a choice to change the status quo by taking some necessary actions
still missing it hey?
A rich parent may not give his inheritance to his child...
It really happens...Simple!
its not constant..get it?

Why are you so defensively edgy?
I didn't say "Your hatred for God.." , I said "The hatred of God". Its not about you, its a statement

lol..we both know..
Nvm tho
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by shadeyinka(m): 10:55am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

still missing it hey?
A rich parent may not give his inheritance to his child...
It really happens...Simple!
its not constant..get it?

lol..we both know..
Nvm tho

How about other traits: genetic makeup, physiology, etc.

You have focused only about wealth inheritance. Is it wrong for me to inherit my parents strength, speed, height, etc?. You know, I could also inherit from the sickle cell anemia, dwarfism, sluggishness etc.

We see all these above in light of the law of inheritance!

Now, even if I inherited the SS gene, I have the choice of reversing it if a medical solution is discovered. Don't you think so?

Suppose, even after the solution to the SS problem is presented, I choose against it. It can never be the fault of the solution providers. My choice could be based on me enjoying the sympathy people pour on me when I break down.

Whatever the case, by my choice, I have to decide to take the solution or not.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by FSMs: 10:58am On Nov 03, 2016
ValentineMary:
I have been ignoring u since but let me ans u one last time. Ur God Yahweh u caim is omniscient. I don't claim to be. He should know better. What's the use of being omniscient if he can't figure out how to spread his love and compassion in an unbiased way?
Christians Call the Muslim God Allah and Not God why Should Atheist Give Christians the respect By Call Yahweh God and Not Yahweh?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 11:00am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:
The Bible is clear throughout that the sin of Adam and Eve was cast upon every person who has ever lived. This is definitively stated by St. Paul:

Then, thousands of years later, God decided to have his son killed to erase the sin of Adam and Eve. Here is the definitive verse, but note that there is a subtle difference from the verse above:

Yes, the second verse offering forgiveness requires an action whereas the verse condemning mankind is automatic. To be forgiven, you must believe in Jesus, but to be condemned by the sin of Adam, no belief or action is required. That is, you don’t have to believe in Adam to be condemned by his transgression. So why do you have to believe in Jesus to be forgiven?

Condemnation is unconditional, but forgiveness IS CONDITIONAL
Can an actual compassionate god stack the odds in such an unfair an bigoted manner?

[b]Now let me ask you a very simple question; now, does it take belief for you to be your grandfather's offspring?

Does it take faith for you to inherit your father's estate? By virtue of birth alone, the estate becomes yours, and also his liabilities.

Now, for you to inherit another person's estate, there must be a kind of understand, trust and close relationship between you and that person, and that's because his estate isn't yours by virtue of birth, so something extra must be involved to make you qualify to inherit the estate of another person. I'm consciously using simple human relationships to analyse this write-up, and that's because it's obvious that your intent is to twist the Bible and make God look Wicked or Unjust.

If God had to sacrifice His only Son as a ransom for your sins, and simply requires you to believe in Him, is He asking too much? If you were kidnapped and was to be killed, then someone came and offered his own son in your place, with the sole condition that you love him and take him as a father, will you consider the condition mean and unjust?
[/b]
By your write-up, Adam was the first man, and all that came after, came through him, so, they're interwoven in Adam, and inherited both his assets and liabilities

1 Like

Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by FSMs: 11:10am On Nov 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

You have focused only about wealth inheritance. Is it wrong for me to inherit my parents strength, speed, height, etc?. You know, I could also inherit from the sickle cell anemia, dwarfism, sluggishness etc.

You are Mixing Two different things that has noting to Do with Each other You don't Get a Choice to Choose your Genetic makeup you inherit from your Parent But you Get a Choice to Either believe in Jesus or Not

If you wanna incorporate You Genetic point It'll be That We will automatically Believe in Jesus it means Everyone will be given birth to Believing in jesus it's as simple as that
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 11:11am On Nov 03, 2016
ValentineMary:

The idea of a compassionate/all loving God started by the theologian Thomas Aquinas. He said that if God is perfect then he must be all loving and compassionate. And certain verses support the claim that he is all loving eg "For God so love the world that he gave his only .....". If God is not all loving, he can't be perfect and if he is not perfect, he is not God.

BTW nice one OP. The idea of the xtian God is not only irrational, it is also inhuman. How can we teach our kids that they were born sinners because of what 2 adults did in a garden thousands of years ago? this is absolute folly indeed.

And I ask, how can you tell your kids that you're Nigerian just because your fore-fathers were born Nigerians thousands of years ago? Why do you lay claim to your ancestral lands, just because they were owned by your for-fathers some thousand years ago?

1 Like

Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by TomHagen: 11:15am On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

1) animals also have heriditary diseases

2)sickle cell is as a result of the body trying to be resistant to malaria..or better still a genetic disorder..
So do animals go to hell?
Use a better stuff..
I think shadeyinka is already responding to your queries.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 03, 2016
Yes, of course. Aborted babies go to heaven. Children go to heaven. Hell is for the devil and his agents. People who do not know Christ will be judged with their conscience excusing or accusing them. Acts 2. Whoever said because of Adam everyone is damned to hell until someone snatches them? God is just and righteous in judgement. No one will be judged according to what they don't know. Judgement according to works.
raphieMontella:

if a child is born blind deaf and dumb..and has an accident has an accident at age 1...and is confined to the hospital for life...and later dies at an age of reason....without beliving in christ...will that child go to heaven?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 03, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

[b]Now let me ask you a very simple question; now, does it take belief for you to be your grandfather's offspring?

It's A Fact!

Does it take faith for you to inherit your father's estate? By virtue of birth alone, the estate becomes yours, and also his liabilities.

There Is a Choice it's either You want It Or not!

Now, for you to inherit another person's estate, there must be a kind of understand, trust and close relationship between you and that person, and that's because his estate isn't yours by virtue of birth, so something extra must be involved to make you qualify to inherit the estate of another person. I'm consciously using simple human relationships to analyse this write-up, and that's because it's obvious that your intent is to twist the Bible and make God Yahweh look Wicked or Unjust.

This is still a choice

If God Yahweh had to sacrifice His only Son as a ransom for your sins, and simply requires you to believe in Him, is He asking too much? If you were kidnapped and was to be killed, then someone came and offered his own son in your place, with the sole condition that you love him and take him as a father, will you consider the condition mean and unjust?
[/b]
For Which sin? I wasnt even born yet When that event Was said to have happened So which Sin?

Like i said i wasn't there lemme ask you the same question You where on your Own then a stranger comes to meet you and say you should love him Unconditionally You ask him why then he tells you his father Sacrificed himself to Save you 2000 years ago Please oh won't you look at him as if his insane?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by shadeyinka(m): 11:39am On Nov 03, 2016
FSMs:

You are Mixing Two different things that has noting to Do with Each other You don't Get a Choice to Choose your Genetic makeup you inherit from your Parent But you Get a Choice to Either believe in Jesus or Not

If you wanna incorporate You Genetic point It'll be That We will automatically Believe in Jesus it means Everyone will be given birth to Believing in jesus it's as simple as that

You don't get a choice to your genetic makeup
Just as
You don't get to choose your spiritual makeup.

By default, we all inherited a spiritual makeup of sin nature!

You have a choice to accept the solution or not to solutions to your genetic flaws when available.
Just as
You you have a choice to accept Gods solution to your sin nature problem or not!

This has been the consistent Christian teachings
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 03, 2016
TheSixthSense:
Yes, of course. Aborted babies go to heaven. Children go to heaven. Hell is for the devil and his agents. People who do not know Christ will be judged with their conscience excusing or accusing them. Acts 2. Whoever said because of Adam everyone is damned to hell until someone snatches them? God is just and righteous in judgement. No one will be judged according to what they don't know. Judgement according to works.
1) Who will this Aborted Kids be In heaven?

2)Are you Saying Abortion is Good because we are actually granting the baby a Ticket to Heaven Straight? Later i can ask for forgiveness?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

You don't get a choice to your genetic makeup
Just as
You don't get to choose your spiritual makeup.

Which one is Spiritual Makeup? do you have any prove for it?

By default, we all inherited a spiritual makeup of sin nature!

Nature is Not Spiritual sorry!

You have a choice to accept the solution or not to solutions to your genetic flaws when available.

But It is Not yet Available So what's your point because your logic is flawed

Just as
You you have a choice to accept Gods solution to your sin nature problem or not!

This has been the consistent Christian teachings
Other Religion also have their Teachings Also in the Quran The Christians Are condemned to hell if they don't accept Islam Why don't you convert?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 03, 2016
Pastafarians:

I like how you assume that I'm already in heaven speaking of where I know about. The children would be who they were, spirits.

2)Are you Saying Abortion is Good because we are actually granting the baby a Ticket to Heaven Straight? Later i can ask for forgiveness?
Your inference, your conclusion. It has nothing to do with what I said. If you have decided to go on an abortion spree, living with knowledge and guilt of murder, it's up to you. I always ask, how do you know your sins are forgiven?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 03, 2016
TheSixthSense:

I like how you assume that I'm already in heaven speaking of where I know about. The children would be who they were, spirits.

You my friend made the Conclusion that Aborted Children go to heaven! if you haven't been to Heaven how do you know

2)In the Bible isn't it The Earth That is being Converted to Heaven so if a child is Aborted now What happens to the child?

Your inference, your conclusion. It has nothing to do with what I said. If you have decided to go on an abortion spree, living with knowledge and guilt of murder, it's up to you. I always ask, how do you know your sins are forgiven?
How do you Know they are Not?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Pastafarian: 11:56am On Nov 03, 2016
Pastafarians:

our monickers is almost the same
how would people differentiate us?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by shadeyinka(m): 11:58am On Nov 03, 2016
TomHagen:
I think shadeyinka is already responding to your queries.
raphieMontella:

1) animals also have heriditary diseases

2)sickle cell is as a result of the body trying to be resistant to malaria..or better still a genetic disorder..
So do animals go to hell?
Use a better stuff..

Thanks TomHagen
Hereditary is a natural law of existence.
Just as we inherit genetic makeup, we inherit spiritual makeup.

Even if we don't like what we've inherited, we are not free from their consequences.

In the case where solutions to the problems caused by our inheritance exists, it will never be automatic. We have to choose and take the necessary action for the solution to such problem.

We are not free from the Consequences of the disobedience of Adam and Eve, but we ALL inherit their "spiritual genetic mutation".

Adam was created in the image of God before his " spiritual gene" was contaminated.
Gen 1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
After the fall of Adam, he gave birth to children in his own (fallen) image.
Gen 5:3
And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

About Animals:
Animals are not living (eternal souls) since they are not spirit beings. Only spirit beings live on eternally.

There would be animals on the new earth or maybe even in the new heavens. But these are not resurrected animals.

Animals CANNOT commit SIN!
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 03, 2016
Pastafarian:

our monickers is almost the same how would people differentiate us?
I represent the people you represent your self "s"
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 03, 2016
Pastafarians:

You my friend made the Conclusion that Aborted Children go to heaven! if you haven't been to Heaven how do you know
2)In the Bible isn't it The Earth That is being Converted to Heaven so if a child is Aborted now What happens to the child?
I don't know. Ask your Sunday school teacher

How do you Know they are Not?
Typical. Giving questions as answers to questions.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

About Animals:
Animals are not living (eternal souls) since they are not spirit beings. Only spirit beings live on eternally.

There would be animals on the new earth or maybe even in the new heavens. But these are not resurrected animals.

In case you missed Biology class Human are Animals...

How do you know other Animals are Not spirit beings?

Where did you get this conclusions from and again what is the purpose of Other animals in heaven?

So when animals kill each other it's not sin?
So when animals involve in prostitution it's not sin?

Animals involved in Homosexuality it's not sin?

Animals involved in cannibalism it's not sin?
Animals that Rape it's not sin?

Keeping in mind that Humans are Also animals
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by DoctorAlien(m): 12:09pm On Nov 03, 2016
How to present arguments about the Bible as an atheist:

1. Look for a very self-explanatory verse in the Bible.

2. When you have found it, interprete it to mean the most ridiculous thing conceivable.

3. Then ask useless questions about that interpretation.

OR.

1. Assume you know the Bible(even if you've never read a single book of it.)

2. Say what you think the Bible teaches.

3. Then question that thing you said.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

We see all these above in light of the law of inheritance!

Now, even if I inherited the SS gene, I have the choice of reversing it if a medical solution is discovered. Don't you think so?

Suppose, even after the solution to the SS problem is presented, I choose against it. It can never be the fault of the solution providers. My choice could be based on me enjoying the sympathy people pour on me when I break down.

Whatever the case, by my choice, I have to decide to take the solution or not.
two questions...
1) In genetics, are acquired traits inheritable?
Or are you saying ''sin'' is a natural ''gene'' put in us?/created in us by your god?

2)can salvation be inherited if the law of inheritance is as versatile as you want to smuggle it to?

Cc Tomhagen
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 1:05pm On Nov 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

Thanks TomHagen
Hereditary is a natural law of existence.
Just as we inherit genetic makeup, we inherit spiritual makeup.

Even if we don't like what we've inherited, we are not free from their consequences.

In the case where solutions to the problems caused by our inheritance exists, it will never be automatic. We have to choose and take the necessary action for the solution to such problem.

We are not free from the Consequences of the disobedience of Adam and Eve, but we ALL inherit their "spiritual genetic mutation".

Adam was created in the image of God before his " spiritual gene" was contaminated.

After the fall of Adam, he gave birth to children in his own (fallen) image.
you're still buttressing my point..but you cant see it..why?
Is salvation hereditary too?
Are acquired traits inheritable?
It was an action

About Animals:
Animals are not living (eternal souls) since they are not spirit beings. Only spirit beings live on eternally

i dont think the bible agrees with you on that

Ecclesiates 3---
21 How can anyone be sure that the human spirit goes upward while an animal's spirit goes down
into the ground?
2)..animals commit ''sin'' also..
Dolphins gangrape,kidnap and molest many se.xual ''sins''..
Garrit?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 1:12pm On Nov 03, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Now let me ask you a very simple question; now, does it take belief for you to be your grandfather's offspring?

it takes fact

Now, for you to inherit another person's estate, there must be a kind of understand, trust and close relationship between you and that person, and that's because his estate isn't yours by virtue of birth, so something extra must be involved to make you qualify to inherit the estate of another person. I'm consciously using simple human relationships to analyse this write-up, and that's because it's obvious that your intent is to twist the Bible and make God look Wicked or Unjust
not every one inherits their parents assets...
Its not a constant

If God had to sacrifice His only Son as a ransom for your sins, and simply requires you to believe in Him, is He asking too much? If you were kidnapped and was to be killed, then someone came and offered his own son in your place, with the sole condition that you love him and take him as a father, will you consider the condition mean and unjust?
according to the bible..that was his plan since his eternal existence...so its not a sacrifice
1:Peter 8:20

By your write-up, Adam was the first man, and all that came after, came through him, so, they're interwoven in Adam, and inherited both his assets and liabilities
but the salvation of jesus requires an action..
If the condemnation doesnt require an action on our part...
1)Why cant the salvation be actionless? ''sins'' absolved by jesus's action?

2)Cant we also inherit the salvation from our parents?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 1:13pm On Nov 03, 2016
TheSixthSense:
i see your philosophy is different...Nice...
But i didnt ask about an aborted baby..
Please do well to read it again...the child grew to ''age of reason'' before death.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 1:17pm On Nov 03, 2016
FSMs:

Christians Call the Muslim God Allah and Not God why Should Atheist Give Christians the respect By Call Yahweh God and Not Yahweh?
i tell you bro...
I either adress it as
1)The christian God
2)Yahweh
3)Your God..
But then again...it doesnt really change anything..
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by shadeyinka(m): 1:23pm On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

two questions...
1) In genetics, are acquired traits inheritable?
Or are you saying ''sin'' is a natural ''gene'' put in us?/created in us by your god?

Sin nature we inherit from Adam: its like a mutation of the original spiritual nature of ma. We inherit this "mutation" which makes us naturally selfish and sinful.

raphieMontella:

2)can salvation be inherited if the law of inheritance is as versatile as you want to smuggle it to?

Cc Tomhagen

Each man for himself when it comes to salvation. Even, the "so-called" Born Against are not immune to sinning.

Being Born Again free you from the CONSEQUENCE of the Sin of Adam. Webshall only be perfect After death!

Salvation is not transferable! Its a choice each must make!
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by shadeyinka(m): 1:29pm On Nov 03, 2016
Pastafarians:

In case you missed Biology class Human are Animals...
How do you know other Animals are Not spirit beings?
You don't believe my source, so let's drop this!

Pastafarians:

Where did you get this conclusions from and again what is the purpose of Other animals in heaven?

I said maybe. It is not impossible that animals be in heaven but on the new earth, YES!

Pastafarians:

So when animals kill each other it's not sin?
So when animals involve in prostitution it's not sin?
Animals involved in Homosexuality it's not sin?
Animals involved in cannibalism it's not sin?
Animals that Rape it's not sin?
Keeping in mind that Humans are Also animals

Humans are spirits in animal-like skins. Animals are NOT spirits, therefore they cannot sin.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

Humans are spirits in animal-like skins. Animals are NOT spirits, therefore they cannot sin.
How do you know animals are not Spirit?
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

i tell you bro...
I either adress it as
1)The christian God
2)Yahweh
3)Your God..
But then again...it doesnt really change anything..
It changes a lot bro of you say God it would sound universal like the deist God which the Christian actually call there God it's Universal That alone make them feel special! you would never see the Christian address the Muslim God as your God or the Muslim god They will always address it As Allah. Why? Because the name doesn't mean anything to them so me I'll implore all atheist to Start referring to all God by their traditional Name.. Take this statement for example

1) God Asked Abraham to Kill his son
2) Yahweh asked Abraham to kill his son

Of course we know Say God would sound as if it's universal which it's not but say Yahweh will be direct...
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 03, 2016
My theology not philosophy. You never said the child did anything wrong, if he did his conscience would accuse him in judgement. If he didn't his conscience would excuse him. The Bible never said everybody is already condemned and heading to the fires. If you know where that is please show me because I'm still learning.
raphieMontella:

i see your philosophy is different...Nice...
But i didnt ask about an aborted baby..
Please do well to read it again...the child grew to ''age of reason'' before death.
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by raphieMontella: 1:46pm On Nov 03, 2016
shadeyinka:

Sin nature we inherit from Adam: its like a mutation of the original spiritual nature of ma. We inherit this "mutation" which makes us naturally selfish and sinful.
did animals inherit/acquire this ''mutation'' too?

Each man for himself when it comes to salvation. Even, the "so-called" Born Against are not immune to sinning.

Being Born Again free you from the CONSEQUENCE of the Sin of Adam. Webshall only be perfect After death!

Salvation is not transferable! Its a choice each must make!
@bolded...this is my point...the conditioning...an unfair and bigoted pattern from a supposed fair/all-loving/all encompassing in his compassion?
condemnation is unconditional but forgiveness is CONDITIONAL
Re: The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy by shadeyinka(m): 1:53pm On Nov 03, 2016
raphieMontella:

you're still buttressing my point..but you cant see it..why?
Is salvation hereditary too?
Are acquired traits inheritable?
It was an action

i dont think the bible agrees with you on that

Ecclesiastes was speaking about physical death. We've done dis before so I won't go about explaining the duality or trinity of living things.

raphieMontella:

2)..animals commit ''sin'' also..
Dolphins gangrape,kidnap and molest many se.xual ''sins''..
Garrit?

Can an insane mad man be charged to court legally for any offence?
Can an animal be put on trial for any action?
An animal is not bound by any rule therefore they cannot sin.

Raphie;
Notice how we have digressed from your main post!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin? / The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? / That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.