Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,195 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You (16424 Views)

Do You Have More Than 40 "Likes" And Above On Your Profile Pix? / Add Your Photo To Your Nairaland Profile And Win Recharge Cards / Nairaland Profile Update! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 5:03pm On Nov 02, 2009
rita@NL:

shocked shocked shocked shocked  . . .  . So posa na woman rapper 

Inshort nutin to do again Mr oga madam .

Canuck more butter to your bread jare ,carry on.

You're funny! Thanks rita@NL; I really appreciate your feedback and follow up questions on my assessment.

The Italians say, "Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune." Ignorance of self, I think, is the greatest misfortune. Glad to see you chose to head the other way. *Thumbs up!*
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2009
===

Username: smile4kenn

Profile Pix: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=6493

Pix Summary: A hen leading her six chicks; five golden coloured chicks are visible, and a dark coloured one is hardly noticeable. The hen appears poised to move, or it’s on the move, but the chicks are mostly flat-footed and stationary.

What your pix says to me: Theoretically speaking, you have no issues with authority – both exercising it and conforming to it. However, in reality, you may have a greater challenge with the former than the latter. You believe that an authority (or more) outside of you will play significant roles in your life accomplishments, therefore people you allow into your circle of influence are critical to you as you’re not a go-it-alone kind of person. You have a strong sense of camaraderie; therefore you should seek a healthy and balanced social life or risk being distracted. This also means you are dependent. Majority of the population would write kindness received in sand and carve pain suffered on stone – You have it transposed, much to your credit – You carve kindness received in stone and pain suffered in sand. When hurt, you are able to move on to get along. Finally, nothing stands between you and a good laugh!

===
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by kaypinchi(m): 5:56pm On Nov 02, 2009
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-344383.160.html#msg4836767

@ Canuck
Let me buy you a drink, infact two drinks or maybe three, whatdoyousay?
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2009
kaypinchi:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-344383.160.html#msg4836767

@ Canuck
Let me buy you a drink, infact two drinks or maybe three, whatdoyousay?

Hahahahaaa. . . Your kind generousity is appreciated. The assessment is on the house! Thanks for the feedback.

I am sure you will develop a plan to build on the strengths and blow up the weaknesses. Take care.
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 6:19pm On Nov 02, 2009
===

Username: jugz

Profile Pix: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=207975

Pix Summary: A skinny lady with a hand bag and flowing hair says (with as much attitude as she can muster), “Too often, we lose sight of life’s simple pleasures. . .” The background is pink.

What your pix says to me: You detest being predictable, conventional or banal – You have what it takes to master the art of the punch-line, where you sway people one way and conclude in an astounding manner. When faced with a project, many people may fuss about starting, but what gets your attention is bringing it to a glorious, gun-blazing conclusion. Emotionally, you wish to be portrayed as strong – In reality, you’re soft on the inside. Though your avatar is skinny, you may have a body-image issue going on, or you are just concerned about staying skinny. You pick up very quickly on patterns in tasks, people, etc. You have a fairly good understanding of the levers you have as a lady, and you’re not shy or hesitant about pulling them – Some women may learn one or two things from you about the strength of their femininity. Finally, most people are either expressive (outgoing) or reflective (inward-looking), but you have a rare combination of both qualities.

===
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by rasputinn(m): 6:40pm On Nov 02, 2009

Not sure what you mean by "story" . . .Is the term[b] psychometric[/b] tests new (or theoretical) to you?
Mm,mm the term psychometric is not new to me,just that I regard those tests in the same vein I do lie detector tests;they're not fool-proof,not infallible

End of story 

Okay,end of story

BTW,with the number of hits you're getting on this thread,have you had some capitalist thoughts of late  wink wink,you never know,some high networth client might just be out there
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 7:06pm On Nov 02, 2009
rasputinn:

Mm,mm the term psychometric is not new to me,just that I regard those tests in the same vein I do lie detector tests;they're not fool-proof,not infallible

Once again, I agree with you, though they provide a very solid guide to self development.

rasputinn:

BTW,with the number of hits you're getting on this thread,have you had some capitalist thoughts of late wink wink,you never know,some high networth client might just be out there

Heheheee. . .It usually takes a fellow capitalist to want to pay for such services, and they know where to find me wink

Also, I use this skill as one of the tools for what I do for a living - So, it does ring up the cash register. . .I am only providing a variant of it for free to the good folks on NL cheesy
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 7:13pm On Nov 02, 2009
===

Username: Babasexy

Profile Pix: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=417852

Pix Summary: A female Caucasian dressed in simple city clothing and pulled back blonde hair, standing and gazing into vegetation. Her gaze is midway, not to the horizon. The location does not appear to be a farm, as there is no organization to the vegetation, while the altitude rises in the horizon. The building blocks of an unfinished structure seen at the lower bottom left corner of the pix suggest that this might not be a park in the West, but an undeveloped area in Nigeria (since this is NL).

What your pix says to me: If the Land of Enjoyment ever elects a President, you will win. . .unopposed! You a fervent advocate of Friedrich Nietzsche declaration, “Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!” You don’t mind getting into the weeds of unknown territory if fun is waiting on the other side. You do things for the prize, not necessarily for the process. You are definitely not a loner – The bigger your crowd, the broader your smile. Despite projecting yourself as looking out for your own fun, you have a heart for people and may go out of your way to assist, if able. You are hard working and appreciate industry. Finally, your time horizon on enterprises, relationships, etc, appear to be short term; they've got to pay dividend early or risk losing your attention.

===
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 7:17pm On Nov 02, 2009
Lawyer said:

Hmmm . . . . This is interesting! Let me see if Canuck can really interprete profiles but i am so sure he will Mis-cue my own

The more you look the less you see.
=================================================

Nice one trying to instigate me into assessing you quickly cheesy

Anyway, your wait is over - You're next!
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by ladyhard(f): 7:21pm On Nov 02, 2009
canuck:

Sure thing.

On the negatives, let's do it this way - (1) Let me know if you agree with the assessment, then (2) If you do, then I can proffer some areas of development

Please note that #2 will be as subtle as possible because NL has troll kings and divas waiting to pounce on your negatives. Kapish?
[/color][color=#990000]

Hi, I am still waiting
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 7:38pm On Nov 02, 2009
lady_hard:

Hi, I am still waiting

Thanks for your patience . . Surely, you are not forgotten  smiley
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 7:44pm On Nov 02, 2009
===

Username: lawyer

Profile Pix: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=129495

Pix Summary: A young male cyclist pedaling on a bridge, with a live goat strapped on his back! (I kid you not shocked). The tail of the goat is tucked in, which suggests dread and panic on the part of the ‘passenger’, while the cyclist rides on confidently. Another young man is walking in the opposite direction and observing the spectacle.

What your pix says to me: What you do gives you pride and fulfillment, while it makes the hearts of average folks beat out of their chests, while goose bumps breakout on their bodies – You have what it takes to master the complicated and simplify the convoluted. Your creativity at solving problems leaves people on both sides scratching their heads thinking, “How in the world did he come up with that?” A formidable problem will cripple many people, but it energizes you because of your acute sense of anticipation; few things catch you by surprise. You have loads of justifiable reasons to believe you are ahead of many people in your endeavour; however, that self-confidence may stand in your way of continuous learning. While you render help to others at a moment’s notice, you usually hesitate to ask others for help. Finally, you possess a strong drive and a get-up-and-go attitude that will put the Energizer Bunny to shame; just remember to look out for others as you plow your way through.

===
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2009
===

Username: lady_hard

Profile Pix: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=403943

Pix Summary: Lush potted plants with a hibiscus (?) in full bloom in the foreground. There is only one flower in bloom. Pix appears to be taken with a basic personal camera, likely not the work of a professional.

What your pix says to me: You are a no-frills realist and may tend to shoot down ideas you consider ‘pie-in-the-sky’. You tend to choose just the bare goods that deliver results over pomp and pageantry that is unsure – You are bottom-line focused. You are open-minded and love to try new things and meet people. You are thrill-seeking and you are big on adventure. Although you consider yourself to be strong, you have an eye for acquaintances you perceive to be stronger than you are; you are not intimidated by them. Although you love to stand out, you prefer to follow a strong leader and share the limelight– You take the lead only when absolutely necessary. You treasure the simple things of life that most people gloss over. You are proud of your accomplishments, no matter how comparatively little. Finally, you are not a lone wolf, but thrive in a healthy team environment and a vibrant, but not necessarily large, social network.

===
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by lawyer(m): 9:20pm On Nov 02, 2009
canuck:

===

Username: lawyer

Profile Pix: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=129495

Pix Summary: A young male cyclist pedaling on a bridge, with a live goat strapped on his back! (I kid you not shocked). The tail of the goat is tucked in, which suggests dread and panic on the part of the ‘passenger’, while the cyclist rides on confidently. Another young man is walking in the opposite direction and observing the spectacle.

What your pix says to me: What you do gives you pride and fulfillment, while it makes the hearts of average folks beat out of their chests, while goose bumps breakout on their bodies – You have what it takes to master the complicated and simplify the convoluted. Your creativity at solving problems leaves people on both sides scratching their heads thinking, “How in the world did he come up with that?” A formidable problem will cripple many people, but it energizes you because of your acute sense of anticipation; few things catch you by surprise. You have loads of justifiable reasons to believe you are ahead of many people in your endeavour; however, that self-confidence may stand in your way of continuous learning. While you render help to others at a moment’s notice, you usually hesitate to ask others for help. Finally, you possess a strong drive and a get-up-and-go attitude that will put the Energizer Bunny to shame; just remember to look out for others as you plow your way through.

===

Your Good! wink

I hate to admit it but your 85% right which is beyond pass mark! You be winch for your former life? lol grin
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 9:38pm On Nov 02, 2009
lawyer:

Your Good! wink

I hate to admit it but your 85% right which is beyond pass mark! You be winch for your former life? lol grin

LOL! Oga Lawyer, thanks for the compliment. 85% is far from the pass mark oh, na A+ be dat!  cheesy

I really enjoyed doing your assessment - I couldn't get my eyes of the goat on the guy's back!  grin

And to think I delibrately pushed the envelope with your assessment, knowing that you will call me out, if not true! That's cool!

Whao! Even the much acclaimed standardized psychometric tests that cost hundreds of dollars are only within the 70-80% mark! Heheheee.

Thanks again for the feedback.

PS: Winch ke? The only way I fly by night or day is on an airplane  grin
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 9:54pm On Nov 02, 2009
===

Username: hypertech

Profile Pix: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=135790

Pix Summary: An almost silhouetted black male seats alone with legs crossed, looking in contemplation at a razor-thin laptop. He’s in a spot light, but he’s looking away from the light source. There is calmness that can be felt in the room.

What your pix says to me: Others pride themselves as big brains, while you are firmly anchored as a big mind – You simply think things through. You think broadly and can safely hold competing and contradictory thoughts in your mind. Innovations, both progressive and disruptive, come alive in your mind as you dwell on stuff. Successfully completing a task is good enough for many people, but not you – You want the fireworks and celebration that comes with it. You are reserved and it takes a great deal to get you all excited and foaming in the mouth. You are a giver at heart, even when it makes no sense to other people – While ‘The butterfly often forgets it was a caterpillar’, you don’t; you reach out to help. You thrive in an environment of order, and therefore seek to restructure things and even attempt to change people’s behaviour to suit this noble proclivity – Truth is that you cannot change anyone but you. While other people may say, “No one dies from sleeping in an unmade bed”, you probably will as you want things done properly! Finally, having a balanced view of life is essential to your temperate nature. You live out the following words of Zig Ziglar, “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.”

===
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by loma(m): 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2009
I remain amazed at your power of observation, the ability to see salient features, and the capability to communicate them effectively and succintly.

I am rarely impressed, but this time, I am in awe!
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 10:26pm On Nov 02, 2009
loma:

I remain amazed at your power of observation, the ability to see salient features, and the capability to communicate them effectively and succintly.

What a great way to round up today's proceedings. . . A thumbs up from hard-to-please loma cool

Thank you sir.
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by jugz(f): 10:46pm On Nov 02, 2009
canuck:

===

Username: jugz

Profile Pix: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=207975

Pix Summary: A skinny lady with a hand bag and flowing hair says (with as much attitude as she can muster), “Too often, we lose sight of life’s simple pleasures. . .” The background is pink.

What your pix says to me: You detest being predictable, conventional or banal – You have what it takes to master the art of the punch-line, where you sway people one way and conclude in an astounding manner. When faced with a project, many people may fuss about starting, but what gets your attention is bringing it to a glorious, gun-blazing conclusion. Emotionally, you wish to be portrayed as strong – In reality, you’re soft on the inside. Though your avatar is skinny, you may have a body-image issue going on, or you are just concerned about staying skinny. You pick up very quickly on patterns in tasks, people, etc. You have a fairly good understanding of the levers you have as a lady, and you’re not shy or hesitant about pulling them – Some women may learn one or two things from you about the strength of their femininity. Finally, most people are either expressive (outgoing) or reflective (inward-looking), but you have a rare combination of both qualities.

===

@ canuck, i gat just 2 questions for starters!!!

firstly, if i changed my pix to somfin totally diffrent, would ur analysis be slightlly related to d former one?

secondly, r u certainly certain u didnt peep into my posts? i have a very strong reason for asking cos i smell somfin

will be bk wen i get my answers
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by smurf1(f): 10:47pm On Nov 02, 2009
loma:

same here, and he's really humble too, smiley
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 10:51pm On Nov 02, 2009
It is hard to believe that 50 avatars have been assessed thus far, with very strong feedback from the assessed parties!

Hopefully, I can keep up with the requests and not run of of gas. wink

Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 11:12pm On Nov 02, 2009
jugz:

@ canuck, i gat just 2 questions for starters!!!

firstly, if i changed my pix to somfin totally diffrent, would your analysis be slightlly related to d former one?

secondly, r u certainly certain u didnt peep into my posts? i have a very strong reason for asking cos i smell somfin

will be bk wen i get my answers

Hahahaa. . . Hey jugz, thanks for your follow up questions. Here are my responses to your numbered questions:

(1) If you changed your pix, the analysis will change, but the change will be largely complimentary rather than contradictory. That is, I will get to know more about you from another avatar, not change my mind about what I already know. E.g. In a 2nd pix, I may see that you engage critical thinking to get things done, which I did not see or comment on with the existing pix.

(2) LOL! Very typical reaction from you here, signifying I inched closer to the bullseye - The assessments are solely based on the avatar. You're going to force me to share another of my 'secrets' here - I find one or two central themes in every avatar and use the "if this, then" analysis to expand the assessment. I have been honing this skill for years. 

I also smell sumfin: You engage in critical thinking and it takes you a while to trust - True to your assessment, you have a keen eye for patterns which is why you're asking these questions grin

I did go out on a limp with the body-image comment, so I swung both ways and used a tentative word 'may', because I wasn't sure. I am pretty confident about the other observations.

Hope you find this useful.
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by Babasexy(m): 11:43pm On Nov 02, 2009
canuck:

===

Username: Babasexy

Profile Pix: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=417852

Pix Summary: A female Caucasian dressed in simple city clothing and pulled back blonde hair, standing and gazing into vegetation. Her gaze is midway, not to the horizon. The location does not appear to be a farm, as there is no organization to the vegetation, while the altitude rises in the horizon. The building blocks of an unfinished structure seen at the lower bottom left corner of the pix suggest that this might not be a park in the West, but an undeveloped area in Nigeria (since this is NL).

What your pix says to me: If the Land of Enjoyment ever elects a President, you will win. . .unopposed! You a fervent advocate of Friedrich Nietzsche declaration, “Believe me! The secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!” You don’t mind getting into the weeds of unknown territory if fun is waiting on the other side. You do things for the prize, not necessarily for the process. You are definitely not a loner – The bigger your crowd, the broader your smile. Despite projecting yourself as looking out for your own fun, you have a heart for people and may go out of your way to assist, if able. You are hard working and appreciate industry. Finally, your time horizon on enterprises, relationships, etc, appear to be short term; they've got to pay dividend early or risk losing your attention.

===

Hey Canuck. This is splendid! The picture was taken in one of the Caribbean Islands I visited recently. But on the observations, you are very right. The only case I can win against you is to sue u for knowing dis much about me with little information.

Do people who know you get scared or get confident around you? I will be confident because with a guy like you around me. I can only get stronger.

Needless to say I admire your humility and good sense of humor.

I give u 90%. Thank you.
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by bluespice(f): 1:07am On Nov 03, 2009
u were about 60-65% right about me
good job tho. . . .
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 2:37am On Nov 03, 2009
bluespice:

u were about 60-65% right about me
good job tho. . . .

Thanks bluespice - Hope you found the exercise interesting and useful.

I will review your avatar and assessment again to see where I might have gone off tangent, just for my edification cool

Thanks again.
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 2:48am On Nov 03, 2009
Babasexy:

Hey Canuck. This is splendid! The picture was taken in one of the Caribbean Islands I visited recently. But on the observations, you are very right. The only case I can win against you is to sue u for knowing dis much about me with little information.

Do people who know you get scared or get confident around you? I will be confident because with a guy like you around me. I can only get stronger.

Needless to say I admire your humility and good sense of humor.

I give u 90%. Thank you.

Thank you sir! I appreciate the feedback.

It takes a domineering and insecure person to elicit fear in those around him/her - I am the exact opposite, if I may say so myself. I believe in empowering individuals to press into their full potentials.

Thanks for your graciously kind words, and of course, for dropping the 'lawsuit' against me. grin grin grin
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 3:06am On Nov 03, 2009
XKZ wrote:

Originally I saw your deductions as another form of hocus pocus (like astrology).
And now my eyes are spinning from starring at all the avatars you've analysed trying to see what you see.
So please could you do me?
==========================================================================

Heheheheee. . .Someone once said, "There are two ways to slide easily through life: to believe everything or to doubt everything; both ways save us from thinking."

However, you chose to think, and it got your eyes 'spinning'; that's a good sign wink

Will be glad to evaluate your avatar. Cheers!
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by CuteAngel(f): 7:34am On Nov 03, 2009
@ Canuck

Hi Canuck what happened to mine? you din't keep ur promise, mine was to come right after lawyer, so i take it as part of who you are 'don't keep to ur word'
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by enque(f): 7:41am On Nov 03, 2009
HI canuck, can u pls do an analysis on mine,, pls. thanks
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by Ben13: 9:57am On Nov 03, 2009
nice thread
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by palmwine(m): 11:02am On Nov 03, 2009
Tired of waiting angry walking out of the waiting room,
Re: Revealing: What Your NON-PORTRAIT Nairaland Profile Pix Says About You by canuck(m): 3:48pm On Nov 03, 2009
CuteAngel:

@ Canuck

Hi Canuck what happened to mine? you din't keep your promise, mine was to come right after lawyer, so i take it as part of who you are 'don't keep to your word'

Awwww. . . CuteAngel, I accept full responsibility here. I was too quick to give you a commitment before checking the thread history to see those who had requested for assessments before you. For some reason, Oga Lawyer just stood out in my mind as preceding you. My sister, no vex abeg.

So, here's a work-in-progress list to be released in the following order:

1) CuteAngel
2) Palmwine
3) Sweetpie
4) NSNA
5) XKZ
6) Enque

This should manage expectations. Once again, my apologies  smiley

palmwine:

Tired of waiting angry walking out of the waiting room,

Mister Palmwine!!! Sorry, health regulations forbid us from providing palmie in the 'waiting room'. . . Please come back after you shine your eyes cheesy

The timing difference is also exacerbating things. Thanks for your patience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? / Man Battles To Survive After Rescuing Baby Form Fire / Your Toilet Seat Is Your Thinking Chair: True Or False?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.