Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. - Computers (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (60090 Views)

Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by tonysmart: 5:33am On Dec 15, 2009
Please i need help. I updated internet explorer 8 in my windows vista laptop but after that i could no longer log on to internet using internet explorer but i can log on through Mozilla firefox. Please what could be the problem with my explorer? Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by esduny: 1:55pm On Dec 15, 2009
My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro L40, it had a problem due to a virus and it was formatted and since then, the sound is gone. I have tried to download different sound devices but none worked.
Please advice me on what to do.
Thanks.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 7:05pm On Dec 15, 2009
tonysmart:

Please i need help. I updated internet explorer 8 in my windows vista laptop but after that i could no longer log on to internet using internet explorer but i can log on through Mozilla firefox. Please what could be the problem with my explorer? Thanks
You might want to go back to an older IE because there has been lots of reported problems with the newer IE that are out if you can find IE 5 to like 7 you should be up again. Goodluck
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 7:14pm On Dec 15, 2009
esduny:

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro L40, it had a problem due to a virus and it was formatted and since then, the sound is gone. I have tried to download different sound devices but none worked.
Please advice me on what to do.
Thanks.

go to this link to get the driver : http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=EU hope that helps goodluck
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 7:34pm On Dec 15, 2009
Double N:

Done all that even tried the Fn F7 i saw on the internet but it refuses to move.The mouse is still in the middle of the screen.

well i say if you can get into device manager, uninstall the driver for the touchpad and reinstall it or better yet go to the manufatures web pae download the driver for the toouc pad and install it maybe that might help.

someone also wrote to hard shut down by pressing and holding the power button till it shuts down which is supposed to reset software changes (dont know how true this is)

Try going in safe mode and see it works in safe mode and maybe you can change what ever setting you changed in there
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by marocguy(m): 5:24am On Dec 16, 2009
marocguy:

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by marocguy(m): 5:27am On Dec 16, 2009
marocguy:

I need help on my one year old lenovo r61i.
Problems
1. Battery not charging but hibernates
2. DVD-RW ram unable 2 read most dvd plates since i bought it last year,currently doesnt read any dvd or cd at all now
3. Space bar looks okay in position but gives space bar commands till infinity by pressing it once. As in it neva stops giving space
4. The system recently shows a blue screen durin booting and restarts. I suspect a crash. I ran a HDD diagonisis test and it tells me i shud go 4 support. I dont knw which support. I tried to reformat or restore to a backup thru lenovo recovery but it cudnt get d files from d HDD. And i didnt burn out d recovery discs.
My last decision was to pack it into its carton and keep it on my wardrobe. I'm scard of unnecesary bills esp from my corper allowee. Pls can u help me?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by shollyxl: 8:44am On Dec 16, 2009
HELLO, please i need help with my laptop. at first when i shake or moved every thing wil freeze until i press down the case near the hdd close to the keyboad before it will come to normal but all extanal devises will not work untill i restart the system but now its not working any more if i on it i get this message (non system disk or system disk erro replace and strike any key) i did change the hdd and the seet but still he same . please people help me
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by kason121(m): 10:25am On Dec 16, 2009
format ur system by chosen ur cdrom first in the setup sequence, that is the way out, let us know if it works
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by kason121(m): 10:29am On Dec 16, 2009
NOTE THAT MY FIRST REPLY WAS FOR THIS POST,

I need help on my one year old lenovo r61i.
Problems
1. Battery not charging but hibernates
2. DVD-RW ram unable 2 read most dvd plates since i bought it last year,currently doesnt read any dvd or cd at all now
3. Space bar looks okay in position but gives space bar commands till infinity by pressing it once. As in it neva stops giving space
4. The system recently shows a blue screen durin booting and restarts. I suspect a crash. I ran a HDD diagonisis test and it tells me i shud go 4 support. I dont knw which support. I tried to reformat or restore to a backup thru lenovo recovery but it cudnt get d files from d HDD. And i didnt burn out d recovery discs.
My last decision was to pack it into its carton and keep it on my wardrobe. I'm scard of unnecesary bills esp from my corper allowee. Pls can u help me?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by kason121(m): 10:36am On Dec 16, 2009
HELLO, please i need help with my laptop. at first when i shake or moved every thing wil freeze until i press down the case near the hdd close to the keyboad before it will come to normal but all extanal devises will not work untill i restart the system but now its not working any more if i on it i get this message (non system disk or system disk erro replace and strike any key) i did change the hdd and the seet but still he same . please people help me,

MAKE SURE THE NEW IS OK, IF SO,CHANGE THE RAM AND IF IT CONTINUES THEN MAKE SURE THE FLAKES CONNECTOR IS PROPERLY FIXED
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by glamourtop: 5:01pm On Dec 16, 2009
Engr, thx for the advise but I tried it and did not work, I discovered that the hard disk is not partitioned, can u pls advise further on what to do, thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 7:21pm On Dec 16, 2009
glamourtop:

Engr, thx for the advise but I tried it and did not work, I discovered that the hard disk is not partitioned, can u pls advise further on what to do, thanks
If the hard drive is not formatted and partitioned then you need an operating system i.e xp, vista or 7.
Also note that some people would just use the whole disk for one operating system hence you wont see different partitions on the hard drive.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 7:27pm On Dec 16, 2009
kason121:

HELLO, please i need help with my laptop. at first when i shake or moved every thing wil freeze until i press down the case near the hdd close to the keyboad before it will come to normal but all extanal devises will not work untill i restart the system but now its not working any more if i on it i get this message (non system disk or system disk erro replace and strike any key) i did change the hdd and the seet but still he same . please people help me,
MAKE SURE THE NEW IS OK, IF SO,CHANGE THE RAM AND IF IT CONTINUES THEN MAKE SURE THE FLAKES CONNECTOR IS PROPERLY FIXED
It sounds to me like the hard drive was not properly installed if you have to press on the case to make the contacts touch. you might want to check the snap that holds the HD in place if it is one of those types of laptop. also have someone look at the connector pins to make sure they are not damaged or worn out. If you can find a similar laptop, maybe you can put your hard drive in so as to trianglate the problem.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 7:35pm On Dec 16, 2009
marocguy

[quote][/quote]

Did you recently install a new operating system? if you did, you might want to re-install it again because the blue screen can be an indication of software corruption. if you do install the new OS go to your computer's manufacturer web site to get drivers for the computer. Chances are you will still have that dvd problem if that happens hit me back and i'll tell ya what to do
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Digriz(m): 9:32pm On Dec 16, 2009
Hello gurus,i need a help on hw to instal windows7 on my system am using vista presently?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by denzel2009: 9:49pm On Dec 16, 2009
Digriz:

Hello gurus,i need a help on hw to instal windows7 on my system am using vista presently?

Have you purchased a Windows 7 OS?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 9:51pm On Dec 16, 2009
what do you want to do? fresh install? or you want to have vista and 7 both.

to do a fresh install you will need the 7 disc and put it in the comp and restart it will tell you to push a button to boot from cd and follow instructions and you should be good.

to have both you will need both disks vista and 7 and start by partitioning your drive so that you can install the other one on the free partition
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Jmomo: 2:04am On Dec 17, 2009
Gud morning we are back my lagosland.wen.ru
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by ibrak90(m): 1:54pm On Dec 17, 2009
Hi Friends

I need HP Compaq 6910p Notebook ,
Please contact me if you have one and the that is in perfect condition.

Email : gohakeem@hotmail.com
Ph : 08055988008
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by DExplorer1: 4:18pm On Dec 17, 2009
Omega, gud job. Thanks for replying my post.

D problem's dat d laptop's not detecting d network cable when inserted needless to mention browse. I don't know if u've got any further clue. Thanks pal.

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 17, 2009
HELP!!!! my laptop does not recognize my Zain usb modem ,but when i use the modem on another system ,it works just right. This problem started two weeks ago
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 6:35pm On Dec 17, 2009
D-Explorer:

Omega, gud job. Thanks for replying my post.
D problem's dat d laptop's not detecting d network cable when inserted needless to mention browse. I don't know if u've got any further clue. Thanks pal.
I have more questions: have you seen someone else connect with that same cable or jack that doesn't seem to work for you or is it the whole cafe you can't connect with? Can you connect in other places? and did you ask the cafe owner if they have to give you a special ip address for you to get on thier network?

for now i say try a different cable and please answer the questions above.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 6:45pm On Dec 17, 2009
mobagrid:

HELP!!!! my laptop does not recognize my Zain usb modem ,but when i use the modem on another system ,it works just right. This problem started two weeks ago
I think you might want to check the manufacturers web site to down load the driver for that modem and manually install it on your computer because for some reason your usb connection is not automatically installing it. By the way check your device manager RUN -devmgmt.msc -enter
and see if your usb device is working properly
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by synergist(m): 1:45am On Dec 18, 2009
I mistakenly changed the default program 4 opening a document and now i can't see the original program on my system again. I deleted the document and reinstalled it but the original program is still not there. Pls tell me how to restore the original program to open the document. I use LG laptop.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2009
synergist:

I mistakenly changed the default program 4 opening a document and now i can't see the original program on my system again. I deleted the document and reinstalled it but the original program is still not there. Pls tell me how to restore the original program to open the document. I use LG laptop.
i wonder which program you are talking about but you can check control panel add and remove programs to see if the program is still installed on your computer. if it is, the right click the document you want to open and scroll down to "open with" click on this and a couple of program lists will open up. If you do not see the program you wanted, it also gives you a chance to type the name of the program you want or to further browse your computer for that program assuming it is still installed in your computer. hope that helps
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by biolabee(m): 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2009
i cant find my cd rom drive in My Computer
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 11:09pm On Dec 19, 2009
biolabee:

i cant find my cd rom drive in My Computer

you can go here to learn how to fix the problem but you do this at your own risk :

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/cd_drive_error_code_39.shtml
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by whycity: 5:41am On Dec 20, 2009
pls I have a time laptop that will display when it start up and becomes very fente ie you wi;l seeing it inside when you use touch or foucus on it very carefully I have check de flex and screen to no avail I am suspecting the inverter. pls help me
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by biolabee(m): 11:55am On Dec 20, 2009
tx bro will try it

omega25red:

you can go here to learn how to fix the problem but you do this at your own risk :

http://www.pchell.com/hardware/cd_drive_error_code_39.shtml
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 7:46pm On Dec 20, 2009
whycity:

pls I have a time laptop that will display when it start up and becomes very fente ie you wi;l seeing it inside when you use touch or foucus on it very carefully I have check de flex and screen to no avail I am suspecting the inverter. pls help me
i would love to help but i really dont understand what your question is?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by echezz: 9:37am On Dec 21, 2009
@ MICSONICS
Thanks bro, your advice was helpful. I'll take it to HP Service centre, Abuja

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply)

Grade A USA Used Probook 640 Core I5 For Sale. / Free Proxy List, Web Proxy List, Socks List Download Them As Raw Text Format. / Solid State Drive Vs Sata Hard Drives. Which One Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.