Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. - Computers (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (60092 Views)

Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by miksonics(m): 6:18am On Dec 11, 2009
@ECHEZZ

The problem is with the inverter module located in the screen housing, there is 3 possible reason for this type of fault

1: the flourescent lamp in your screen is about to burn out,its like a smaller version of your house florescent lamp, when its darkened at both end u quickly know its life span is almost out.changing of the complete screen is the solution or have a tech change the lamps for you but its alway a 40% chance because if not done bya good tech your lcd screen will develope dead pixels (discoloured lines in your screen).

2: the induction coil in the inverter have started shorting out.he coil have primary and secondary winding. if its the inverter have it changed no short cut to this.

3: there is likelyhood fluid of some sort have enter the module area causing intermittent arcing and partial shorting of the circuitary.have it cleaned by tech or still rather change it.

thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by arsenal4va(m): 10:09am On Dec 11, 2009
[.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by VULCAN(m): 10:57am On Dec 11, 2009
@omega25red

That can't work cos I have switched the boot to safe mode in msconfig. No matter what choice I pick on the pre-safe mode page it just loops back.

Getting into BIOS cant undo that (as far as I know).

I need to get back into msconfig and choose normal boot as it was before.

HELP STILL NEEDED
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Chrisdonca(m): 11:17am On Dec 11, 2009
good day to all system engineers in da house
i'm using a rather low TOSHIBA PENTIUM 111 LAPTOP WINDOWS XP. my problem is that i can't access all my folders and recently i wantend to remove a program from the system. (add and remove programs) will not just open for me they keep telling me erro, what we i do? plls help me.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by iorhenter(m): 4:48pm On Dec 11, 2009
pls help, my hp laptop is runnin on window vista ultimate and its askin for product key
deji please solve my own problem oooo

I can help you on this one Free of charge but PM me please.

good day to all system engineers in da house
i'm using a rather low TOSHIBA PENTIUM 111 LAPTOP WINDOWS XP. my problem is that i can't access all my folders and recently i wantend to remove a program from the system. (add and remove programs) will not just open for me they keep telling me erro, what we i do? plls help me.

Hey Bro, do you have an antivirus install on your system at all? You problem sounds like a viral attack
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by iorhenter(m): 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2009

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice.
« #354 on: Today at 10:57:35 AM »

@omega25red

That can't work cos I have switched the boot to safe mode in msconfig.  No matter what choice I pick on the pre-safe mode page it just loops back.

HELP STILL NEEDED

at vulcan, when you cleaned the system, Kaspersky as I know will not delete system files when they are infested. Now the trojans and worms were still on the system files and that was what kasperky was warning you of, every time you booted. The worms would normally try to spread from those system files on booting.

YOu booting in safe mode and cleaning the viruses deleted some of the system files since the system files were not in use (In safe mode, the system load only necessary files and drivers).

SOLUTION:
you really dont need to have the recovery to do that, all you have to do is note the version of your Operating System (os). I will assume is xp pro service pack 2. Boot your system with the CD in the cd drive, Press any key to Boot from the CD when prompted, allow it to load to the stage it asks for AGREEMENT (F8 botton). Press F8  press ENTER TO INSTALL when prompted. It will serch for previous windows and will show your Current Windows on your C/ drive. Look below your screen. you will see: Esc = to install a fresh copy, R = repair, F3 = quit.

Press R (choose the repair option) and continue installation.

Choosing the repair option will repair your Windows and leave all your data and drivers intact.

Happy trying
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 8:00pm On Dec 11, 2009
VULCAN:

@omega25red

That can't work cos I have switched the boot to safe mode in msconfig. No matter what choice I pick on the pre-safe mode page it just loops back.

HELP STILL NEEDED
So according to your statement i assume that you have tried that option and it didn't work?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Agbo2(m): 9:06pm On Dec 11, 2009
My laptop takes betwn 20 to 25mins to boot even when it was brand new and this problem av remained.
what could be responsible for this?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by imaginate: 9:46pm On Dec 11, 2009
hmm, i do service any type of laptop problem, i am in port harour, you can reach me on imaginate_cent@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by VULCAN(m): 9:54pm On Dec 11, 2009
@omega25red

first off thanks for your help!!

Should have acknowledged it earlier but was a bit peeved at my busybody cos i should have just backed important stuff and formatted the entire damn drive.

unfortunately i had tried what yu said  but just forgot to mention it. It didnt work for the reasons I gave. It was a long shot.

@iorhenter
Thanks for your help.

Perfect solution bro-

-If I had the XP CD!!

But i don't!!

Yu are right I have XP SP2. So guys what are my options?

As i see it either I get an XP cd or I create a boot disk.

My understanding is if i can just get bypass my drive I can use recovery console to get into mscongig and switch my system back to nornal boot mode. But this seems to require me creating a boot disk myself and im not that good - not yet!!.

So guys, Can i get an xp cd from computer village or something as It seems like its easier to fly to the moon than successfully create a boot cd

HELP STILL NEEDED
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Digriz(m): 5:00pm On Dec 12, 2009
I dnt knw wat is happening to my dell lappy that it keeps displaying blue screen and showing smtin dat its about to crash. Its just started since i installed a driver modem for starcomm, What shuld i do?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by netotse(m): 5:44pm On Dec 12, 2009
@omega
yes u can use any OS cd to get into recovery console, i cant rem which command u use in recovery console fixboot or bootcfg one of them'll let u create a new boot.ini file, just use help, and dont forget to enable fastdetect
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by netotse(m): 5:45pm On Dec 12, 2009
@omega
yes u can use any OS cd to get into recovery console, i cant rem which command u use in recovery console fixboot or bootcfg one of them'll let u create a new boot.ini file, just use help, and dont forget to enable fastdetect
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by C2H5OH(f): 3:23am On Dec 13, 2009
is it possible to dual boot xp and vista
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by DExplorer1: 7:15am On Dec 13, 2009
Gurus in house.

I've got dis Dell Inspiron 1300 dat refuse to browse when i insert any cyber cafe network cable. It just doesn't recorgnise d cable. [I really do not see a prob with d LAN].

Xpectin replies. Thanks

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by chidyke77(m): 9:57am On Dec 13, 2009
I need help on hw to format my dell laptop to its original factory settings,i normaly do it wt ease on my HP laptop bt finds it hard wt dell.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by teslimanif(m): 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2009
I just bought a new laptop charger(HP) and it actually comes up but shows plugged in not cahrging. My Laptop is a 2008 Tablet PC. Kindly advise
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by netotse(m): 5:53pm On Dec 13, 2009
@teslim
Remove your battery and leave the laptop like that for 5mins then put d battery back. . .bt first r u sure u hv d proper charger?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by miksonics(m): 11:31pm On Dec 13, 2009
@TESLIM
Dell laptop comes in various types, this is wattage based e.g 65watt 19.5volt approx 3.5 amps, 95watts approx 4.5amps,19.5 approx 6.7amps.

the adaptor types is detected by center pin on the male plug that connect your adaptor to your notebook. if adaptor type cant be detected it will indicate "idle not charging" adaptor type "unknow" if the adaptor can be detected and then there is no charge, the notebook have an internal board issue that can be solved be a tech.

Soln: check if battery is in good shape by checking the battery status on your del bios setup screen,which is gotten into by pressing f2 on powering on. if it says battery is normal go to stage 2

stage 2: go to bios screen as above, scroll to battery status,check if its indicating idle not charging, check if adaptor type can be determined like an indicator showing 65w or 95w.

if its not showing this change your adaptor, if this does not solve the case take laptp to tech
thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by DoubleN(m): 11:56am On Dec 14, 2009
Please guys i need some urgent help. I have this Compaq netbook 110c-11010EE . I pressed a couple keys and now it seems the mousepad is locked and i can't get the mouse to move again.The problem is that there is no switch/button to activate it. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by stede(m): 2:54pm On Dec 14, 2009
@ poster,
- how can i hibernate my laptop, when the hibernation icon is not showing on the main menu?
- when i play raps on my systems the speed is somehow slow, my laptop speed is 128 khz. how can i increase the speed?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by miksonics(m): 4:18pm On Dec 14, 2009
@ STEDE

TO ENABLE HIBERNATION, GO TO CONTROL PANEL, THEN TO POWER OPTION,CLICK ON HEBERNATION, THEN ENABLE IT IF NO ALREADY ENABLED. APPLY PRESS OK.
WHEN YOU CLICK ON TURN OFF COMPUTER IF HIBERNATION IS NOT INDICATED PRESS THE SHIFT BUTTON ON YOUR KEYBOARD AND CLICK ON HIBERNATE.
THANKS
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by marocguy(m): 4:37pm On Dec 14, 2009
marocguy:

pls u havnt replied me in this my case ohh. Abeg help me out
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by marocguy(m): 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2009
marocguy:

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 7:32pm On Dec 14, 2009
Double N:

Please guys i need some urgent help. I have this Compaq netbook 110c-11010EE . I pressed a couple keys and now it seems the mousepad is locked and i can't get the mouse to move again.The problem is that there is no switch/button to activate it. Thanks.

Can you use an externel mouse? if you can you can check you device manager to see if the touch pad has been disables in there or at least enable it from there.

I read some where that maybe pressing the Fn key and the F9 key might be able to help
If you dont know how to get to your device manager, do strat--- run------- devmgmt.msc
hope that helps
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 7:36pm On Dec 14, 2009
C2H5OH:

is it possible to dual boot xp and vista
yes it is i have XP and Vista on my laptop all you have to do is create two partitions. When installing XP it would ask you how much space you want to use for the XP and when you finish just install vista on the free space that's left. Dual boot
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 7:40pm On Dec 14, 2009
Agbo2:

My laptop takes betwn 20 to 25mins to boot even when it was brand new and this problem av remained.
what could be responsible for this?
That sounds really weird that a new laptop takes 20 -25 minutes to boot up. You probably have very little RAM which is also being shared by your video. or you have an old computer running windows 2000. or better yet you have an anti virus set to run a scan everytime you bootup. check these three things and answer the questions below.

As for RAM, how much do you have? what is the operating system of your computer? how old is the laptop?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by omega25red(m): 7:48pm On Dec 14, 2009
D-Explorer:

Gurus in house.

I've got dis Dell Inspiron 1300 dat refuse to browse when i insert any cyber cafe network cable. It just doesn't recorgnise d cable. [I really do not see a prob with d LAN].

Xpectin replies. Thanks
you can check to see if you are setup to use static ip addressing- start-control panel-network connections - right click on local area connection-click properties-scroll down to TCP/IP and click properties. you want to have obtain IP address and DNS automatically. you can also ask the workers in the cafe if they have a pass phrase or they have to give you their proxy's ip address if they have one also try a different browser like firefox or chrome. hope that helps
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by lagosland: 11:21pm On Dec 14, 2009
Guys it real join lagosland.wen.ru to learn how to make prov file, cheat e.t.c an more
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by DoubleN(m): 2:42am On Dec 15, 2009
omega25red:

Can you use an externel mouse? if you can you can check you device manager to see if the touch pad has been disables in there or at least enable it from there.

I read some where that maybe pressing the Fn key and the F9 key might be able to help
If you dont know how to get to your device manager, do strat--- run------- devmgmt.msc
hope that helps

Done all that even tried the Fn F7 i saw on the internet but it refuses to move.The mouse is still in the middle of the screen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (23) (Reply)

Grade A USA Used Probook 640 Core I5 For Sale. / Free Proxy List, Web Proxy List, Socks List Download Them As Raw Text Format. / Solid State Drive Vs Sata Hard Drives. Which One Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.