Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,654 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. - Computers (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (60157 Views)

Ten Most Common Laptop Problems And Their Solutions / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:43pm On Dec 08, 2009
@adamawa click start run then type in MRT then follow on screen instructions to
remove files such as win etc

Could you please let me know
how you get on as this re-enforce
what i already knew and to
learn more in becoming a better tec

Good luck and thanks for enquiring
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by SmashingM(f): 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2009
@poster and all

No solution has been proffered for my own problem. Please i'm still expecting a solution. Thanks guys.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by ebunma: 5:22pm On Dec 08, 2009
Please how do I format and re load my Laptop without those crooks calling themself engineer, I mean by myself.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by phtomay(m): 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2009
Pls Help!

Whenever i plug my power cord to my system, the CPU usage increases to 90-100% which makes the system slow down. As soon as the power cord is unplugged the CPU usage drops and the system returns to normal. What could be the cause of these? Pls Reply
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by osasdiddy: 6:27pm On Dec 08, 2009
my laptop mistakingly fell and the screen was broken.after replacing it my system has been working haywire.Each time i start the computer,the screen does not display at all but the start button light will be on.only until i try several times like 40 times before it comes up and if it eventually did,after a while it goes off telling me to uninstall any hardware or software i just install that it isn't working with window perfectly
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:42pm On Dec 08, 2009
@ osasdiddy Wrong screen! that screen is not the one for the lappy and the flex/board conection is bad.

@phtomay, hmmmn, cant say but seems like motherboard. wat led to that? sumtin must have happened b4.

@ ebunma lol, well if u smart and pc savvy and u knw wats up with pc a little, buy a xp or win7 cd, and pop it in, me no dey for wetin happen after o!!! lol
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by osasdiddy: 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2009
4llerbuntu, thanks for your timely reply.Nothing was wrong with the system before.it was after it fell and i had the screen replaced that the problem started.

please i still want more recommendations
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by denzel2009: 7:40pm On Dec 08, 2009
osasdiddy:

my laptop mistakingly fell and the screen was broken.after replacing it my system has been working haywire.Each time i start the computer,the screen does not display at all but the start button light will be on.only until i try several times like 40 times before it comes up and if it eventually did,after a while it goes off telling me to uninstall any hardware or software i just install that it isn't working with window perfectly

Laptop is quite different from desktop where u can practically change/replace hardware. Its obvious the hardware is not compatible,you might have to get a new laptop.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by peteonyema: 10:26pm On Dec 08, 2009
My Laptop HDD is passworded and can not be accessed. I tried using the BIOS to open it but the password could not allow me access the BIOS, pls what should I do to break the password?
Pls if anyone has a solution to that, kindly txt an ans to 07066111634 or 08073951973
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by tegasgirl(f): 10:54pm On Dec 08, 2009
Hi guys!

My laptop (vista os) keeps popping up with a blue screen saying the computer needs to be restarted. It's happening more and more frequently now.

What causes it and how can I resolve it?

Thanks!
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by denzel2009: 11:13pm On Dec 08, 2009
tegasgirl:

Hi guys!

My laptop (vista os) keeps popping up with a blue screen saying the computer needs to be restarted. It's happening more and more frequently now.

What causes it and how can I resolve it?

Thanks!

Thats called BSOD(Blue Screen Of Death). The hard drive is about/already dead. Hope you backed up your files.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by dominique(f): 11:25pm On Dec 08, 2009
there are times whenever i'm working on my system and it just switches off and puts the system on "safe mode". whenever i restart, it gives me some options which i'm not sure what to choose from. i just click one one of the options and scan the entire drive. pls, what is the best option incase it happens again?
thanks.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by denzel2009: 11:31pm On Dec 08, 2009
Ok peeps, the easy killer of laptops is using it or placing it on your bed or sofa while using it for a long time. OVERHEATING causes most of the system failures!
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by tegasgirl(f): 12:16am On Dec 09, 2009
Thanks, I thought as much!

Na wa o, so is there anything I can do to save it's life, the bloody thing is just over one year old!!!
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 09, 2009
what is the make and model ? this can be found by looking underneath the laptop

orange light indicate battery charging in progress-could be something else
best bet FL Gator try checking the manufacturer website for FAQS

When charger is disconnected lights should dissapear

when battery is flat orange light blicks continiously.

pop in to your nearest repairer and see what they suggest

Good luck !
ROTFLMAO!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I feel dumb right now. . . . I just took out the charger as suggested and its back to green tongue tongue tongue

Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by denzel2009: 12:46am On Dec 09, 2009
You can download this

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

then go to registry and click scan for issues

Afterwards, click fix issues. It shd solve conflicting issues causing BSOD. If this doesnt work, you might have to re-install your OS.

Always back up your files.

Goodluck
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 2:42am On Dec 09, 2009
@kruz

Turn off the laptop please back on again

keep pressing f2 bios you"ll see a blue screen

live it there for 1hr make sure laptop

is plugged to mains and see if will

turn off itself if it does then you have a hardware

problem if doesnt then is a software relaied
just a case of backing your data and restore
to factory settings. before you do that you also
have the option of taking in for a healthcheck

how you get on as this re-enforce
learn more in becoming a better tec

Good luck and thanks for enquiring
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 2:47am On Dec 09, 2009
@tipsydude

This is brilliant.

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_to_have_mac_autoconnect_wifi_network.html

how you get on, as this re-enforce
learn more in becoming a better tec.

Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 2:54am On Dec 09, 2009
@Swithmax

Navigate to the Control Panel in Windows XP by left-clicking on Start, followed by Settings and then choosing Control Panel.

In the Control Panel window, open System.

Note: In Microsoft Windows XP, depending on how your operating system is setup, you may not see the System icon. To correct this, click on the link on the left-hand side of the Control Panel window that says Switch to Classic View.

In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.

Locate the Startup and Recovery area and click on the Settings button.

In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to Automatically restart.

Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.

Click OK in the System Properties window.

From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts the system, the PC will not automatically reboot. Rebooting manually will be necessary

can you please check no damages to the usb port and charger please

after the above turn if off please make sure is running through mains

back on then keep pressing f2 bios looks like a blue screen

if restart there then is a hardware problem if doesnt then you

have a software problem which need troubleshooting

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 2:57am On Dec 09, 2009
@Busy_body

If you want to replace motherboard you"ll probably be looking around £100-£150 + labour.

Is not worth it. is up to you anyway

Good luck !
wink
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:02am On Dec 09, 2009
@Grizzly

This is brilliant.

www3.hp.com/articles/viewArticle/p/courseId/13517/Laptop_PCs_basic_tro.htm">http://h30187.www3.hp.com/articles/viewArticle/p/courseId/13517/Laptop_PCs_basic_tro.htm

www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c01297640&dlc=en">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c01297640&dlc=en

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:06am On Dec 09, 2009
@prommy

Try other browsers such as
http://www.apple.com/safari/

I use this myself

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by noblemuk: 3:08am On Dec 09, 2009
my laptop seem to be connected to the internet (sending and receiving packets) but does not browse, I use XP and no firewalls are on. Can you help out?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:10am On Dec 09, 2009
FL Gators:

ROTFLMAO!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I feel dumb right now. . . . I just took out the charger as suggested and its back to green tongue tongue tongue

Thanks

I was pleased to hear that.

I like the efforts you put
in getting those pictures.

In IT we don't call user dumb
or don't know or little about
computers rather we use the term

User error 70% of time

Ask from tecs such as blackweaver
miketronics, theseeker and others
on this forum they"ll tell you
wink wink wink cool
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:12am On Dec 09, 2009
@noblemuk

I'm here to assist you now.

Are you on cable or wireless connection

Please be quick in response

Thanks and good luck Sir/Madam
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by hassymo5(m): 3:13am On Dec 09, 2009
Pls i use Nec, i use d network @ my office (wireless), i wil be connected but cant browse. But pple around me are browsing. Pls help.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:24am On Dec 09, 2009
@Hissymo5

I use this with my customer's

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-troubleshoot-your-windows-xp-wireless-network-connection-problems/

Can you please make sure your wireless button is switched on

What make is your laptop

on your system tray near the clock

look for wireless symbol then view wireless networks

can you see any networks in range ?

when does it last worked ?

follow the above link if still no joy

hold down your windows logo +Pausebreak >hardware>device manage

look for network adaptor click the + sign look for wireless
adaptor name may differ depending on your laptop

right click uninstall and then at the top click action then scan for hardware changes to

reinstall or restart your notebook if you prefer. after this then try connection

do you have norton installed?

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by marocguy(m): 3:24am On Dec 09, 2009
I need help on my one year old lenovo r61i.
Problems
1. Battery not charging but hibernates
2. DVD-RW ram unable 2 read most dvd plates since i bought it last year,currently doesnt read any dvd or cd at all now
3. Space bar looks okay in position but gives space bar commands till infinity by pressing it once. As in it neva stops giving space
4. The system recently shows a blue screen durin booting and restarts. I suspect a crash. I ran a HDD diagonisis test and it tells me i shud go 4 support. I dont knw which support. I tried to reformat or restore to a backup thru lenovo recovery but it cudnt get d files from d HDD. And i didnt burn out d recovery discs.
My last decision was to pack it into its carton and keep it on my wardrobe. I'm scard of unnecesary bills esp from my corper allowee. Pls can u help me?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by marocguy(m): 3:24am On Dec 09, 2009
I need help on my one year old lenovo r61i.
Problems
1. Battery not charging but hibernates
2. DVD-RW ram unable 2 read most dvd plates since i bought it last year,currently doesnt read any dvd or cd at all now
3. Space bar looks okay in position but gives space bar commands till infinity by pressing it once. As in it neva stops giving space
4. The system recently shows a blue screen durin booting and restarts. I suspect a crash. I ran a HDD diagonisis test and it tells me i shud go 4 support. I dont knw which support. I tried to reformat or restore to a backup thru lenovo recovery but it cudnt get d files from d HDD. And i didnt burn out d recovery discs.
My last decision was to pack it into its carton and keep it on my wardrobe. I'm scard of unnecesary bills esp from my corper allowee. Pls can u help me?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:25am On Dec 09, 2009
@noblemuk

if on wireless network follow the advice i posted to Hassymo5

Good luck sir/Madam.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. by deji2009(m): 3:29am On Dec 09, 2009
@C2h50H

Underclocking ? don't get what you meant.

Here's a brilliant one http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/4392/laptop_overheating_some_useful_hints.html

Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

Grade A USA Used Probook 640 Core I5 For Sale. / Free Proxy List, Web Proxy List, Socks List Download Them As Raw Text Format. / Solid State Drive Vs Sata Hard Drives. Which One Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.