Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. (4903 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by shadeyinka(m): 3:15pm On Nov 09, 2016
Anas09:

When i read "From Witchcraft to Christ", by Doren Irvin, was when i knew that there's nothing like atheism. Its just a ploy of satan to deceive the uninformed.

In Satanism, she said, they have Arms, Atheism is an arm in Satanism. (All this NL little boys athiest are like street urchins. They know nothing).

Their job is to sell the idea that Satan does not exist. If Men believes that Satan does not exist, it will be easier to also say, theres no God. This is the duty of atheism

When an initiate comes in, base on your strong point, they shift you to a section where you'd function well. She was sent to the Witchcraft arm, because he could get into people easily and he could manipulate and have her way. She had powers to cast spells, so, she did well there.

Athiesm is Satans own religion. Why does it take so long for people to get it?

Atheism is the rejection of an external being, but the projection of SELF.

IS that not who satan is? Is that not how he got Adam to Fall.

Atheism began in Eden.

Deny God, for you are God yourself. You don't need Jehoavh coming down here, dictating to you as if you don't have a mind of you own, he said to Adam.

Be wise and be a man of your own devices.

Break free and think freely. If you are your own Master, you'd be free. No axcounatbility. What you deem right, will be right, and what you seem wrong be wrong.
You make your own laws. That was satan.
Arent we seeing the same thing playing out in atheists even as minute as NL kids atheists?

Today, wen u believe in God, atheists look at you as brain dead, u can't think for youraelf.

Isnt that what satan said to Adam in Eden?

Atheism is Satans own religion.

Okay, let's carry out this test. Bros open a thread castigating Lucider. Do this and wait for athiest come at you with loaded guns.

Here in NL have u ever seen any atheist open a thread casting aspasions on allah or Buddha or Zeus, thor, Odin or any African diety? No. Why are they sooo incenced agaisnt Yahweh?

Something is there.

I couldn't have agreed with you less. You nailed it on the head.

Atheism is just the self worship aspect of Satanism.

There are actually two parts to satanism:
The Religious side where Satan is worshipped as the ultimate decider
AND
The Irreligious side where Self is worshipped as the ultimate desider.

Unfortunately, many atheists are too proud to see the spirit of sin guiding them towards ultimate rebellion against God the creator.

The hatered is so much that God (the one they say doesn't exist) is so real that anyone who follows god is despised and treated as stupid, unthinking, weak etc.

Their joy is to complete the evangelism of their master: that every one will be just like them.

No one want to suffer Gods wrath alone, they ALWAYS need the company of as many as possible.

There are examples:
Satan himself with respect to Humanity
Eve with respect to Adam

1 Like

Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by akintom(m): 3:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
jcross19:
the death and resurrection of jesus christ.

All Christians agree that Jesus died and resurrect, that is obvious. But of what significance is that?

Since every other things are disagreed on.
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by jcross19: 3:36pm On Nov 09, 2016
akintom:

All Christians agree that Jesus died and resurrect, that is obvious. But of what significance is that?

Since every other things are disagreed on.
that's pillar that hold christianity is the hope of christianity.

Most of doctrines you see are just mere personal conviction and mentality turn it to doctrine. God is the judge.
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by akintom(m): 3:54pm On Nov 09, 2016
shadeyinka:

AND

Unfortunately, many atheists are too proud to see the spirit of sin guiding them towards ultimate rebellion against God the creator.

What is spirit of sin? It's the only non existing foundation on which virtually all religion is built. But i have used the very bible to establish how fictitious, flawed, skewed and heinously fraudulent, the concept of "original sin" is, in my previous post, titled "inherent evils of religious ideologies".

You guys assume too much, albeit with disrespect to people's privacy and sensibilities. How can you outrageously insult humanity as sinner, lost, damned, going to burn in hell, and all kinds of delusionary name calling?

That's the definition of pathological arrogance and indecency.

The hatered is so much that God (the one they say doesn't exist) is so real that anyone who follows god is despised and treated as stupid, unthinking, weak etc.

You're wrong. Atheism confronts irrational and superstitious claims with empirical evidence, and conclude that they are untrue and inimical to human good.

It's only when you guys try to argue or debate these unfounded claims that you get roughened. If you defend idiotic ideas without verifiable and reproducible facts, there's no way you will not be called an idiot.
because you earn it.

Their joy is to complete the evangelism of their master: that every one will be just like them.

No one want to suffer Gods wrath alone, they ALWAYS need the company of as many as possible.

There are examples:
Eve with respect to Adam

1 Like

Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2016
Gradually coming to your senses to see the stupidity cloaked in science promoted by Dawkins et al. But OP continue in that path of chakra and tins then you will soon realise why you need Jesus Christ.
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 09, 2016
To be honest I haven't seen much proof for the supernatural. I don't think ghosts exists but I'm willing to find out. Atheist here
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2016
shadeyinka:

AND

There are examples:
Eve with respect to Adam

Lol what kind of stupid idea is this. Someone imagined up a story about atheists being satanists so it must be true. As far as I know I haven't been enlisted by satan for anything, you can either understand that not everyone believes in a god or you can keep buying nonsense people like doreen irvene sell.

1 Like

Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by shadeyinka(m): 6:27pm On Nov 09, 2016
LightandDarkness:

Lol what kind of stupid idea is this. Someone imagined up a story about atheists being satanists so it must be true. As far as I know I haven't been enlisted by satan for anything, you can either understand that not everyone believes in a god or you can keep buying nonsense people like doreen irvene sell.

The message isn't for you because as far as you are concerned Satan doesn't exist.. The message was for someone who knows that Satan exists and understand that some people are under his covert control.

Most of these people call the thought nonsense!

1 Like

Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 09, 2016
shadeyinka:

The message isn't for you because as far as you are concerned Satan doesn't exist.. The message was for someone who knows that Satan exists and understand that some people are under his covert control.

I'm sure you know Satan exists yea? from your extensive interactions with him yeah?
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by Deicide: 6:37pm On Nov 09, 2016
shadeyinka:

The message isn't for you because as far as you are concerned Satan doesn't exist.. The message was for someone who knows that [b]Satan exists [/b]and understand that some people are under his covert control.

Prove To us That Satan Exist Or Shut up! it's not Good To to be Displaying Stupidity on A public Forum...

1 Like

Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by shadeyinka(m): 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2016
Deicide:

Prove To us That Satan Exist Or Shut up! it's not Good To to be Displaying Stupidity on A public Forum...

Hear yourself, Prove to us!
Who are you representing?

1 Like

Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by shadeyinka(m): 6:48pm On Nov 09, 2016
LightandDarkness:

I'm sure you know Satan exists yea? from your extensive interactions with him yeah?

Delusion of wisdom!
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by Deicide: 6:50pm On Nov 09, 2016
shadeyinka:

Hear yourself, Prove to us!
Who are you representing?
Am Representing My self and Other Atheist on here That want You to prove that This Satan Guy exist until you are Able to do that Shut up!

1 Like

Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by cloudgoddess(f): 6:53pm On Nov 09, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

I think some people actually do fancy labels. Some people see labels as a jet pack that lifts them to lofty intellectual zeus-like palaces, where they sit arrogantly, and smile sneeringly at the perceived unintelligence of others. Or people adopting labels because they sound cool, or because they are being adopted by cool people, and they feel like belonging to such unit.

That's why you have people adopting labels like "feminism" and "secular humanist," without fully understanding what these labels even mean, or practicing the precise tenets that these labels fundamentally espouse.
Sure, but isn't this a phenomena that occurs with nearly all labels, including "Christian"? Christians can also wear that label proudly, thinking it means they're "holy" and "special". All labels have associations, some good, some bad, some neutral depending on the person using it. At the end of the day, everyone wants to be associated with things that are considered good (it feeds the ego), so sure, some people might use their label as an indicator that they are good or special in some way. It's just another way humans try to affirm our value, to ourselves & to others.

And I don't see that as always a bad thing although I agree it can be. A person can feel good about their atheism because they're proud of themselves for thinking independently (or whatever reason) & they happen to value that, while still treating non-atheists with respect and still being open-minded. People are complex like that, so try not to get carried away with generalizations.

I'm also a fan of Sam Harris, his work on consciousness & meditation is incredibly fascinating and has been helpful to me personally. I do prefer Sam over Dawkins and the like, but I don't fault Dawkins for his perspective. I think he just has a very blunt and direct way of communicating, and he strongly values concrete evidence-based reasoning, which I'd take over emotion & superstition-based reasoning any day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 09, 2016
Deicide:

Am Representing My self and Other Atheist on here That want You to prove that This Satan Guy exist until you are Able to do that Shut up!

This is exactly my point. You chest beat while in hiding but when threatened you run and hide. Why are you such a coward? You are even the wimpy kind...A coward with a foul mouth is a lesser coward than average.
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 09, 2016
johnydon22:

I still remember having to clear you on this - Not long ago you also thought atheism means disbelief in spirits/voodoos or spirity things.

i'm quite glad
do you believe in spirits
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 09, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Sure, but isn't this a phenomena that occurs with nearly all labels, including "Christian"? Christians can also wear that label proudly, thinking it means they're "holy" and "special". All labels have associations, some good, some bad, some neutral depending on the person using it. At the end of the day, everyone wants to be associated with things that are considered good (it feeds the ego), so sure, some people might use their label as an indicator that they are good or special in some way. It's just another way humans try to affirm our value, to ourselves & to others.

And I don't see that as always a bad thing although I agree it can be. A person can feel good about their atheism because they're proud of themselves for thinking independently (or whatever reason) & they happen to value that, while still treating non-atheists with respect and still being open-minded. People are complex like that, so try not to get carried away with generalizations.

I'm also a fan of Sam Harris, his work on consciousness & meditation is incredibly fascinating and has been helpful to me personally. I do prefer Sam over Dawkins and the like, but I don't fault Dawkins for his perspective. I think he just has a very blunt and direct way of communicating, and he strongly values concrete evidence-based reasoning, which I'd take over emotion & superstition-based reasoning any day.
honey you said it all ,i have no reason disliking sam harris or richard dawkins what grizly bear doesn't understand is that richard dawkins etc are very open minded all they require is proof and reason and nothing more......plaeton,sonofluc1fer,joseph1013 are more matured atheist jo, and it doesn't matter if one drops the tag because for me i love the tag ''atheist''

1 Like

Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by shadeyinka(m): 8:28pm On Nov 09, 2016
Deicide:

He is the one speaking through you!
Your mind is under his control!
He owns you Body, Soul and Spirit!

1 Like

Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by johnydon22(m): 8:33pm On Nov 09, 2016
stephenmorris:
do you believe in spirits
Nope
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by johnydon22(m): 8:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
shadeyinka:

He is the one speaking through you! Your mind is under his control! He owns you Body, Soul and Spirit!
this is idiotic. .
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by shadeyinka(m): 8:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
johnydon22:

this is idiotic. .
Satan's trademark is vomiting obscenities and un-cultured statements through his host!

Unfortunately, you are showing full blown trait of infection. Pity you! Go hospital fast fast before it destroys you totally.

1 Like

Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by johnydon22(m): 8:43pm On Nov 09, 2016
shadeyinka:

Satan's trademark is vomiting obscenities and un-cultured statements through his host!

Unfortunately, you are showing full blown trait of infection. Pity you! Go hospital fast fast before it destroys you totally.

LOL the irony!!! Please say more
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by Anas09: 8:58pm On Nov 09, 2016
shadeyinka:

AND

There are examples:
Eve with respect to Adam
So very true.
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by Anas09: 9:05pm On Nov 09, 2016
naijadeyhia:

This is exactly my point. You chest beat while in hiding but when threatened you run and hide. Why are you such a coward? You are even the wimpy kind...A coward with a foul mouth is a lesser coward than average.
Oboi cheesy grin
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by shadeyinka(m): 9:06pm On Nov 09, 2016
Anas09:

So very true.
I wish they knew why they do what they do!
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by shadeyinka(m): 9:09pm On Nov 09, 2016
johnydon22:

LOL the irony!!! Please say more

Pls let him digest that. I hope he will think about the coded words.
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by Anas09: 9:10pm On Nov 09, 2016
shadeyinka:

I wish they knew why they do what they do!
And because they dont, they are forgiven ahead of time. The door is still open.
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by shadeyinka(m): 9:14pm On Nov 09, 2016
Anas09:

And because they dont, they are forgiven ahead of time. The door is still open.

They actually have counted the cost and they think they are brave. After all, they won't be the only one in hell they have factored BUT no one is sure if there are different grade of torment for different folks.

They want everyone to join them so that they wouldn't be alone in serving their term.

1 Like

Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by Deicide: 9:15pm On Nov 09, 2016
shadeyinka:

He is the one speaking through you!
Your mind is under his control!
He owns you Body, Soul and Spirit!
Can you Prove All this things you just mentioned Exist?
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by shadeyinka(m): 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2016
Deicide:

Can you Prove All this things you just mentioned Exist?

I wasn't referring to you.
The person in question knows his Master and Controller.
That is sufficient for today!
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by kk34: 9:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
GrizzlyBear:
I think from now on, I am going to stop referring to myself as an atheist. I think the term ATHEIST, has been adulterated and hijacked by people who think that believing in the non existence of god, gives them the right to explicitly disprove everything that seems subjectively implausible to them.

The need to create this thread was aroused just minutes ago, when I read a comment from a thread I created earlier today about life fields. I asked a question about ghosts, and an atheist replied me saying that ghosts don't exist and it's fiction. I was so outraged. I wasn't angry at his opinion, but I was angry at the way in which he expressed it, which invariably brought to mind, the exasperating instances where atheists just directly reject claims, because they deem it implausible, without even critically examining such claims.

Atheism is the disbelieve in the existence of God, not ghosts, telekinesis, telepathy, precognition, magic, spells, or things we don't have sufficient knowledge about. There are branches of science and certain scientific hypothesis such as: the hypothesis of multiverses and parallel universes, that have been marginalized and relegated to the periphery of the domain of science, because most scientists don't want to bother themselves with such things because they think it's implausible or mystical.

I hate when Atheists, just because they don't believe God exists, think they should also reject any "supernatural" claim that seems implausible to them.

I really hate this Atheist tag. I have decided to drop it. You guys do the exact same thing religious people do. You fill in gaps in knowledge with arrogant assertions of nonexistence. Atheism shouldn't stand as a barrier to expand your knowledge about your world, instead, it should be a spring board to exploring nature and having an open mind about new ideas and experiences.

That's why I dislike Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Daniel Denneth, and every other arrogant, close minded, atheist out there.
Sam Harris is the only outspoken atheist I can bother listening to, because although he doesn't believe the God of any religion exists, he is open to other theories that explain "supernatural" occurrences. It was through him I learned about the Multiverse hypothesis, Chakras and certain meditational practices that provide experiences that have been held hostage by religion.

You atheists allow your atheistic world view to prevent you from being open minded, just the same as religious people. You all are the same.
Give your life to Jesus
Re: I Am No Longer Identifying As An Atheist. by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 09, 2016
kk34:
Give your life to Jesus

*Yawn*

undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Does It Take To Follow Christ? / The Catholic Church And Its Claims As The Bible Author? / Christianity Betray Its Own Logic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.