Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,463 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils (95823 Views)

..... The Importance Of Mobil1 Engine Oil / Can Mobil1 Annual Protection Motor Oil Truly Give 20,000Miles/1Yr Of Protection? / Mobil1 5W 30 Fully Synthetic Oil Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 11:45am On Apr 23, 2018
sooperrescue:

Is your Bmw x3 a diesel powered?

I think you got the wrong person o.. I don't have a bmw .. I was replying to you when u said there is no mobil 1 5w 40. There is it is for diseal trucks
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 23, 2018
dru23:

The bottom line whether to use certain type of oil or not to.. We need to follow the manufacture reccomdation. The engine specific should either be in the car manual or on the oil cap.
The issue in Nigeria now just like everything else. How do you get the original oil to use ,and how do avoid buying fake or alter oil. You just have to do your research and look for people that import the original stuff. Buy from them and if you can buy extra and keep aside.. That is if you afford to do it.. But if you can afford to buy a 2m naira and above, should be able to buy the best oil for ur car

Almighty Dru23, the legendary Dru.

Yes, you’re right.

I am currently bringing in Mobil 1 0w-20 Extended Performance for the baby Toyota Corolla to use.

Would mind if you let me know when one of your next container is coming in so you can help ship some 0w-20 engine oil.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 12:00pm On Apr 23, 2018
TheCar:

Almighty Dru23, the legendary Dru.

Yes, you’re right.

I am currently bringing in Mobil 1 0w-20 Extended Performance for the baby Toyota Corolla to use.

Would mind if you let me know when one of your next container is coming in so you can help ship some 0w-20 engine oil.
You want kill me ? Container.... No be inside container I dey use my brother... too expensive and container problem dey too much my brother... and I don't like putting stuff inside people container my brother.. Na story you go hear last last.. Ur thing fit get leg and walk away from the container.. Also it is expensive to load am ,even if na just few you want bring.. Container people go charge you 0.95cent per pound to load inside container.. The oil is 5quarts and weights 9Ibs. Please do the math and tell me if it worth am
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Jazzlite: 12:14pm On Apr 23, 2018
dru23:

There is mobil 5w40... but it is for diseal trucks .
Dru you're wrong
sooperrescue:

Is it local or foreign? Because the two mobil1 are 0w40 and 5w30 and they are local

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 12:33pm On Apr 23, 2018
Jazzlite:

Dru you're wrong

Which part of wrong now ..wrong that there is no 5w40 or wrong that I said it is for diseal trucks only... at least give me small credit now... abi so if na math exam we do now. You no give me credit for the parts I got correct? I tire o

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 12:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
sooperrescue:

That is what I have been shouting about.
Nigerian used cars are buy at your own risk because of the poor maintenance culture

Omo I said the same thing.. I even preach am on one whatapps group I dey for, until the drivers Request the moderator for my outright ban. One guy even talk is this the same dru23 from nairaland? I reply yes, na so the guy scream "moderator, moderator you need to ban this guy " Na so the ban me o. But I dey behave small small now for nairaland.. Me no want trouble.. People sometimes they think say I dey smoke something.. It is well sha

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2018
sooperrescue:

Is it local or foreign? Because the two mobil1 are 0w40 and 5w30 and they are local

The 5w40 I posted is from the USA
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 1:19pm On Apr 23, 2018
I follow. I thought the guy with the BMW was getting it locally. I am calling the CPC into the matter again. The last DG nor wan rock the boat. This new one might be up to the task
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Jazzlite: 1:21pm On Apr 23, 2018
dru23:

Which part of wrong now ..wrong that there is no 5w40 or wrong that I said it is for diseal trucks only... at least give me small credit now... abi so if na math exam we do now. You no give me credit for the parts I got correct? I tire o
Ok take 40%

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by VolvoS60(m): 2:02pm On Apr 23, 2018
sooperrescue:
I guess you were given the answer to this oil issue on that thread. Is Castrol magnatec an A1/B1 or A5/B5? Have you seen any Api SN that is ilsac 4? And when you said that it was made in the EU, I laughed. Where is EU? One day someone will produce a product and termed it made in Ecowas. You nor go run?
I dont see why we cant do anything about the poor choice of dealers. Boycott the dealer brand and those that sell the oil. Simple

^^^^
undecided

Not sure what you mean in some parts of your post but I'll take your points one by one...

You guess I was given the answer to the oil issue on the thread I referenced. Not at all. On that thread, some fellow who obviously didn't read the stuff I pasted was asking me if I had read my owners manual undecided and I didn't even bother to reply him. The issues are clearly stated there -in black and white from a Toyota vehicle owners manual. It is left to readers to come to a conclusion.

To answer your query about ACEA sequences - the labeling on the Castrol Magnatec I purchased is "ACEA A1/B1, A5/B5". I am very much aware that A1/B1 has been removed from the most recent ACEA oil sequences. To the best of my knowledge, A5/B5 is still in force. Only Eterna will be able to answer why they have both A1/B1 and A5/B5 on the label. On your other inquiry about any SN oil being ILSAC 4 - so far my checks online haven't revealed any other apart from the Castrol.

On your question "where is EU?", I am not sure what you mean...
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2018
VolvoS60:

^^^^
undecided

Not sure what you mean in some parts of your post but I'll take your points one by one...

You guess I was given the answer to the oil issue on the thread I referenced. Not at all. On that thread, some fellow who obviously didn't read the stuff I pasted was asking me if I had read my owners manual undecided and I didn't even bother to reply him. The issues are clearly stated there -in black and white from a Toyota vehicle owners manual. It is left to readers to come to a conclusion.

To answer your query about ACEA sequences - the labeling on the Castrol Magnatec I purchased is "ACEA A1/B1, A5/B5". I am very much aware that A1/B1 has been removed from the most recent ACEA oil sequences. To the best of my knowledge, A5/B5 is still in force. Only Eterna will be able to answer why they have both A1/B1 and A5/B5 on the label. On your other inquiry about any SN oil being ILSAC 4 - so far my checks online haven't revealed any other apart from the Castrol.

On your question "where is EU?", I am not sure what you mean...

Hmmmm. You said the oil was made in the EU. Forte oil also claimed that their oil was made in EU, after much pressure, they claimed it was in the Netherland. Oando also imports their synthetic from EU but from my findings, from Italy.. From the other thread matter, nurey answered you and so I waka comot.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by VolvoS60(m): 3:47pm On Apr 23, 2018
sooperrescue:

Hmmmm. You said the oil was made in the EU. Forte oil also claimed that their oil was made in EU, after much pressure, they claimed it was in the Netherland. Oando also imports their synthetic from EU but from my findings, from Italy.. From the other thread matter, nurey answered you and so I waka comot.

^^^^
Not sure where all this is going and so this'll be my last post on this matter.

It is no secret that regulation is poor here. Consumers here are just trying to do the best they can in very trying circumstances. If you notice, I inserted several qualifiers in my previous posts about how I (and countless other consumers no doubt) am assuming that the labeling on oil sold here isn't a giant fraud. If it is found to be so eventually, then we all know what to do. If it isn't we all also know what to do.

While I am not in any way holding a brief for Forte oil or Oando (or any oil major/marketer for that matter), I can't help but notice that the Netherlands and Italy are founding members of the EU. There is no contradiction there. The EU is an economic and political bloc but it is made up of individual countries. Make of that what you will.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 5:07pm On Apr 23, 2018
There is no issue here bros. It is the way you introduced Eterna's Castrol, that it suits your car;s requirement and that it was made in EU. A south Afican based oil that Eterna claimed to be made in EU. Tomorrow, they will label their blending plant to be in EU. Their focus in that plant at Shagamu is 20w50 because many motorists are looking for cheaper means to run their cars. Like you rightly claimed, you have never seen an API SN that is Ilsac 4, so you should be concerned that Castrol does not have at that time any 5w30 that is full synthetic in Magnatec. The only full synthetic in Magnatec is 0w20 and 5w20

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 6:59pm On Apr 23, 2018
Jazzlite:

Ok take 40%

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Jazzlite: 7:20pm On Apr 23, 2018

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by justfash50: 7:41pm On Apr 23, 2018
@ Op

Sorry for the engine oil mix up I posted above, it is actually 5 w 30 for the BMW. I actually purchased a synthetic oil from Mobil filling station close to the toll gate.

My question , is it safe to use local synthetic oil adjudged having low quality for my car or better order online to save my engine.

Thanks in advance
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2018
justfash50:
@ Op

Sorry for the engine oil mix up I posted above, it is actually 5 w 30 for the BMW. I actually purchased a synthetic oil from Mobil filling station close to the toll gate.

My question , is it safe to use local synthetic oil adjudged having low quality for my car or better order online to save my engine.

Thanks in advance
Did bmw recommend 5w30 for x3? If not, go for the Castrol that was recommended and yes get them from the US.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by oluwaseunla(m): 3:56am On Apr 24, 2018
autotrader2:

Genuine Toyota Motor Oil 5w20 wink

SN ILSAC 5 Rated

Please people using this particular Toyota oil should carry out more frequent oil changes. This particular oil is not full synthetic.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by oluwaseunla(m): 4:01am On Apr 24, 2018
dru23:

There is mobil 5w40... but it is for diseal trucks .

This is Mobil 1 0W-40 US. It is for petrol engines. grin grin grin. Imported mostly for our European vehicles.

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by helpishere(m): 10:34am On Apr 27, 2018
oluwaseunla:

This is Mobil 1 0W-40 US. It is for petrol engines. grin grin grin. Imported mostly for our European vehicles.
q
What is the difference with this one and the local 0w40?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Jazzlite: 10:50am On Apr 27, 2018
helpishere:
q
What is the difference with this one and the local 0w40?
Great question. Please response should be in simple terms not industrial chemistry jargon

Cc
Sopperescue
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 1:56pm On Apr 27, 2018
The difference is the market it is destined for. Mobil 1 0w40 from Egypt is destined for North Africa while the 0w40 from the US is for cars made for the American market. I once ordered for an ECU of a 2007 Audi A6 from Germany and we were told that we should order from the US as that car was a US spec and the European Ecu will not work. I believe that the oil issue is also the same. Mobil 1 from Egypt is not destined for the same market as the one from the US

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dollarnaira: 5:24pm On May 02, 2018
A car changed oil on 5th Feb by 5th May it will b 3 months old with a mileage of 825mile.Oil- mobile 20w50.Oil still stretches when felt and colour is still golden brown.Can d car b serviced on 5th of May?Your advice please?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:04pm On May 02, 2018
Anything after 5th will result to sludge
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by pannyman(m): 10:33pm On May 02, 2018
sooperrescue:
Anything after 5th will result to sludge

How did you reach this conclusion? Please explain.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 3:10am On May 03, 2018
pannyman:

How did you reach this conclusion? Please explain.
In my years as a lube bay operator with Total, cars that uses the mineral oils are given a 3000 miles or 3months sticker and because the oil is not meant for these cars, they are at risk of sludge because the oil cannot protect the engine any further. On some oils, it turns to gel within two months and you lose protection. In this case, the oil is supposed to be changed on the 4th of May. Please use the correct oil for your car. You dont know the damages these oils cause to vehicles.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sonety2k(m): 3:53am On May 03, 2018
cool
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Shalomc(f): 4:03am On May 03, 2018
sooperrescue:

In my years as a lube bay operator with Total, cars that uses the mineral oils are given a 3000 miles or 3months sticker and because the oil is not meant for these cars, they are at risk of sludge because the oil cannot protect the engine any further. On some oils, it turns to gel within two months and you lose protection. In this case, the oil is supposed to be changed on the 4th of May. Please use the correct oil for your car. You dont know the damages these oils cause to vehicles.
Are you condemning the world famous 20W-50 oil grade?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:48am On May 03, 2018
Shalomc:

Are you condemning the world famous 20W-50 oil grade?
I fit? It is Nigeria's famous oil used by ignorant folks and made popular by stingy motorists. I have never seen any car that wrote 20w50 oil on the oil cap. It is only the cars sold by local dealerships that sells cars with no information on the cover cap except see owners manual. And there is no local oil company that is even producing 20w50 Api SN. Api SN was introduced in 2010 and 8yrs down the line, no SN. The whole blame goes to SON and the Nigerian motorists that accepts such oils.

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by davou4eva(m): 2:38pm On May 03, 2018
sooperrescue:
The one we are importing is Castrol extended performance 5w30, 5w20 and 0w20. All members get 4 gallons each for one full year service. And it is twice the price of your castrol. Is the csstrol magnatec or which?

I'm presently using Mobil 1 5w30. Any implication changing to Castrol 5w30?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dollarnaira: 3:57pm On May 03, 2018
sooperrescue:

I fit? It is Nigeria's famous oil used by ignorant folks and made popular by stingy motorists. I have never seen any car that wrote 20w50 oil on the oil cap. It is only the cars sold by local dealerships that sells cars with no information on the cover cap except see owners manual. And there is no local oil company that is even producing 20w50 Api SN. Api SN was introduced in 2010 and 8yrs down the line, no SN. The whole blame goes to SON and the Nigerian motorists that accepts such oils.

Bros are u saying all sae 20w50 are bad irrespective of their company?Not all cars carry sae type on their engine oil cap.Hence,see owners manual will b d next option.A certain car manual recommended Sae 5w30 but said frantically that if sae 5w30 is not available then one can choose from d available list which included Sae 20w50.Pls dont label ppu ignorant just like that just bc they use oil with not too old technology.Your reasoning is like telling ppu to discard their old phones just bc d latest android version is 8.1 while those using android 4.4 are label ignorant.Most of us in Nigeria still drive tokunbo cars bro.Some as old as 1993 to 2000 editions of cars.And they all have stated oil that still work.The most current Api is SN have it in mind too that 2nd current is Sl which is where some sae 20w50 belong.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by helpishere(m): 7:46pm On May 03, 2018
dollarnaira:

Bros are u saying all sae 20w50 are bad irrespective of their company?Not all cars carry sae type on their engine oil cap.Hence,see owners manual will b d next option.A certain car manual recommended Sae 5w30 but said frantically that if sae 5w30 is not available then one can choose from d available list which included Sae 20w50.Pls dont label ppu ignorant just like that just bc they use oil with not too old technology.Your reasoning is like telling ppu to discard their old phones just bc d latest android version is 8.1 while those using android 4.4 are label ignorant.Most of us in Nigeria still drive tokunbo cars bro.Some as old as 1993 to 2000 editions of cars.And they all have stated oil that still work.The most current Api is SN have it in mind too that 2nd current is Sl which is where some sae 20w50 belong.

How many cars that are on the road were made in 1995?
They said if the 5w30 is not available, use 20w50 but quickly use the recommended oil at the next service. Do you know the common problem with cars that soak plugs? Oil

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (36) (Reply)

The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.