Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,178 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils (95507 Views)

..... The Importance Of Mobil1 Engine Oil / Can Mobil1 Annual Protection Motor Oil Truly Give 20,000Miles/1Yr Of Protection? / Mobil1 5W 30 Fully Synthetic Oil Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 19, 2018
nurey:

I have used a nissan before, please don't ever, I repeat don't ever utilize 20W50 for a nissan with timing chain, timing belt, you can go scot free but timing chain, the repairs can be expensive and time consuming or total disaster depending on the mechanics knowledge on nissan
Hm. Interestingly, it was 20W50 that solved the timing chain whine that was developing in my 6th Gen Maxima...already seven yeas ago. Hitherto the car was on the beloved Mobil 1.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 7:24pm On Apr 19, 2018
Maxima on 0w40? Strange. Glad that you heard the engine crying before heeding to the cry but now the engine is purging within. The eruption will soon occur with the new medication
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Nobody: 8:17pm On Apr 19, 2018
sooperrescue:
Maxima on 0w40? Strange. Glad that you heard the engine crying before heeding to the cry but now the engine is purging within. The eruption will soon occur with the new medication
20W50 on point of correction. Seven years on, the engine quiet as far, wonder when the implosion will occur. Oh, maybe I should add: In the US 6th Gen owners now wisely address the timing chain whining syndrome with 10W40!

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by oluwaseunla(m): 9:03pm On Apr 19, 2018
Costee:

20W50 on point of correction. Seven years on, the engine quiet as far, wonder when the implosion will occur. Oh, maybe I should add: In the US 6th Gen owners now wisely address the timing chain whining syndrome with 10W40!

I think issue is that many people here use 20W50 and do not carry out oil change in good time. I feel sad when I see what an average Nigerian used Nissan go through.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by nurey(m): 9:37pm On Apr 19, 2018
Costee:

Hm. Interestingly, it was 20W50 that solved the timing chain whine that was developing in my 6th Gen Maxima...already seven yeas ago. Hitherto the car was on the beloved Mobil 1.

congratulations, but seems it wasn't your timing chain that was the issue.

20w50 ensures a stretch in the timing chain nd you know nissan, timing chain stretch equals knock sensor, jerking, hard starting, cam and crank sensor issues, stalling etc. yours may be an isolated case sha a very rear occurence
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:58pm On Apr 19, 2018
nurey:

20w50 ensures a stretch in the timing chain nd you know nissan, timing chain stretch equals knock sensor, jerking, hard starting, cam and crank sensor issues, stalling etc. yours may be an isolated case sha a very rear occurence
I concur because Nissan don dey join vboot and eclass go demolition site. So that one is the last man standing
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 19, 2018
nurey:

I'm well aware of, familiar with, and recognize the timing chain whine. In the 6th Gen it's more of failing timing guides than a stretch issue. Timing chain stretch issues are more common with 1.8L Primera regardless of engine oil specs.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 19, 2018
sooperrescue:

I concur...that one is the last man standing
Heartwarming.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 10:37pm On Apr 19, 2018
sooperrescue:
I am not against our made in naija oils. In fact we dont have made in naija oils except the visco that you use. These companies have and r and d unit and if I want to provide oil for a market, I should look for the one that will suit the market. Peugeot recommends Total oil but that oil recommended by Peugeot does not exist in Nigeria. So people use the Total oil that is available and it destroys the engines. Toyota USA recommends 0w20 for the engines and for all weather, all weather and you bring it to Naija and use 20w50. Unless you dont trust the manufacturer, then follow your mechanic. I once used Oando SM20w50 api sl on my range rover sport and the wahala I had made Oando staff to admonish me for using that oil. People are buying engines all the time and we have not bothered to find out the root cause. It was PAN engineer that told me to inform people to use Mobil 1 esp for the new generation of Peugeot cars but meanwhile the sticker recommending Total is still on the car. The oils sold by Total in France, it is not available in Nigeria. There are classifications of oil and if you can check Honda and Toyota, they want you to use 0w20. Is it available locally? Why cant Oando produce 0w20 since the current cars requires the oil? It is only recently they brought out 5w30 when even a honda accord 09 requires 5w20. Are they for us or against us? I told Forte oil manager to put a caveat informing motorists the Visco 2000 is an api sl and not suitable for cars above 2004, he said it is not possible. Mobil said that they are selling those oils because Nigerians are poor and they cant afford the right oils for their cars. You did not see me holding a gun to force anyone not to buy obsolete oils but do not say no one told you.

Well said and on that note am bringing some oil from the states

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 19, 2018
oluwaseunla:

I think issue is that many people here use 20W50 and do not carry out oil change in good time. I feel sad when I see what an average Nigerian used Nissan go through.
So you are advocating for 20W50 oils?!
Cc
Gazzuzz
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by oluwaseunla(m): 12:56am On Apr 20, 2018
Oshaprapra:

So you are advocating for 20W50 oils?!
Cc
Gazzuzz

I am an advocate of using the recommended oil. In some Nissans, recommended oil is a range, from your XW20 to XW50. Now for people on the W50s which is a mineral oil, they need to change their oils much more frequently than those guys on synthetic oils.

Clear now?

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 4:07am On Apr 20, 2018
oluwaseunla:

I am an advocate of using the recommended oil. In some Nissans, recommended oil is a range, from your XW20 to XW50. Now for people on the W50s which is a mineral oil, they need to change their oils much more frequently than those guys on synthetic oils.

Clear now?
When I was operating a lubebay with Total, Q5000 was the number 1 oil for all cars and we put a service sticker for 3000miles or 3months. It was funny to note that the clients always rush down before the date on the sticker for engine oil change. Those that comes a week after get sludge in their engines. The guys from Maiduguri always come with oil treatment, that even with the thick oil, it boils in Borno. They claimed that no one uses synthetic in Borno, but the bottom line is that the oil boils in extreme temperature. The 20w50 is tested in Borno and it has failed to hold down the temperature of the engine. Using it on bigger engines is worse. Everyone thinks that all 20w50 are the same. The highest 20w50 oil that is locally produced is the MRS API SM. The current imported 20w50 is cepsa with API SN. There is a big difference with API SL and SN and the 20w50 is always the last option in most cars and that is what motorists choose as the first option. I have seen a lot of people using that oil on Range Rovers and they regret it till date
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 20, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Clear now?
What do you advise for a 2001 Mercedes Benz E class M112 E320, unknown service history...sludged after years of parking?
Cc
Sopperescue

I am thinking Forte synthetic 1000
Or MRS synthetic oil both XXW-40.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 8:29am On Apr 20, 2018
Oshaprapra:

What do you advise for a 2001 Mercedes Benz E class M112 E320, unknown service history...sludged after years of parking?
Cc
Sopperescue

The best eclass ever. I had the 240 with 12 plugs. I envy you. Use Mobil 1 0w40 advanced full synthetic. It is sold locally but buy from a good Mobil outlet. Mobil has taken their old oil to advanced. No more in league with all the rest
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 20, 2018
sooperrescue:

The best eclass ever. I had the 240 with 12 plugs. I envy you. Use Mobil 1 0w40 advanced full synthetic. It is sold locally but buy from a good Mobil outlet. Mobil has taken their old oil to advanced. No more in league with all the rest
Even with the sludge issues? How do I identify the advanced full synthetic version? And must it be Mobil one?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:16am On Apr 20, 2018
Use engine flush before putting fresh oil. Mobil 1 is now advanced full synthetic. Look for it on the label. I once had it on mine in 2008. If I put oil, once the engine oil circulates, it will cry out that too much oil. When it is cold, it will tell you that oil is low. So I flushed it and it was ok
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by oluwaseunla(m): 10:50am On Apr 20, 2018
Oshaprapra:

Cc
Sopperescue

How many years are you talking about? You'll have to constantly monitor oil levels after the oil change. Any good synthetic XW40 should be OK. That is after taking care of the sludge.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by oluwaseunla(m): 11:01am On Apr 20, 2018
sooperrescue:

When I was operating a lubebay with Total, Q5000 was the number 1 oil for all cars and we put a service sticker for 3000miles or 3months. It was funny to note that the clients always rush down before the date on the sticker for engine oil change. Those that comes a week after get sludge in their engines. The guys from Maiduguri always come with oil treatment, that even with the thick oil, it boils in Borno. They claimed that no one uses synthetic in Borno, but the bottom line is that the oil boils in extreme temperature. The 20w50 is tested in Borno and it has failed to hold down the temperature of the engine. Using it on bigger engines is worse. Everyone thinks that all 20w50 are the same. The highest 20w50 oil that is locally produced is the MRS API SM. The current imported 20w50 is cepsa with API SN. There is a big difference with API SL and SN and the 20w50 is always the last option in most cars and that is what motorists choose as the first option. I have seen a lot of people using that oil on Range Rovers and they regret it till date

I noticed recently that there has been an increase in adulterated CEPSA in the open market. A cause for concern.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 20, 2018
oluwaseunla:

How many years are you talking about? You'll have to constantly monitor oil levels after the oil change. Any good synthetic XW40 should be OK. That is after taking care of the sludge.
Over five years
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 1:16pm On Apr 20, 2018
oluwaseunla:

I noticed recently that there has been an increase in adulterated CEPSA in the open market. A cause for concern.
That is as a result of the high demand. Wicked people taking advantage of the situation. That is how they are collecting empty gallons of mobil xhp everywhere. In the end, they are destroying engines
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 2:11pm On Apr 20, 2018
dru23:

Well said and on that note am bringing some oil from the states
Bring enough o. The rate of range rover disappearing from the roads has made me and my forum member to agree on importing Castrol oils from the US and sharing it among ourselves for the servicing of the Range Rovers for the whole year.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dollarnaira: 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Clear now?

How frequently pls?
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by oluwaseunla(m): 6:07pm On Apr 20, 2018
dollarnaira:

How frequently pls?

Not more than 3,000 miles.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 9:46pm On Apr 20, 2018
sooperrescue:

Bring enough o. The rate of range rover disappearing from the roads has made me and my forum member to agree on importing Castrol oils from the US and sharing it among ourselves for the servicing of the Range Rovers for the whole year.

No problem o.. I only have limited quanity to sell.. And I have mobil 1 too .. The first batch will arrive May ending and if all goes well I will bring more of castrol for the second batch.. Honestly castrol oil is very OK and I plan on using it more on my fleets for uber.. The reviews are very gud and for the money it is worth .. Castrol oil will focus more on bringing in for second batch... I will keep you posted sha ...

1 Like

Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 9:48pm On Apr 20, 2018
oluwaseunla:

Not more than 3,000 miles.

Ha with full synethic oil u can do more than 3k miles before changing now . My guess will be maybe 5k to 7k ... my guest
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 9:49pm On Apr 20, 2018
Anytime. But make it the extended performance. 5w30 and 5w20 and 0w20.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 9:52pm On Apr 20, 2018
[quote author=sooperrescue post=66846739]
From the chart, you can see that 5w30 is all weather, whether it is snow of hot sun, 5w30 is the oil to use and there are sequence to follow like 10w30 but you cant use 20w50 .[/quote

Yes you are very right about 5w30 it is all weather bro.. I read about it]
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by SmartToyota(m): 10:08pm On Apr 20, 2018
I'll like to know the rate at which you'd be importing for some reasons. VAT has been added for us, so I want to get to discuss somethings with you.
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by SmartToyota(m): 10:12pm On Apr 20, 2018
Sooperrescue & dru23
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 11:19pm On Apr 20, 2018
SmartToyota:
Sooperrescue & dru23

For the castrol full synethic oil the price for 5quarts is 13500k and for the mobil 1 full synethic the price is 17500k 5quarts
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by dru23(m): 11:22pm On Apr 20, 2018
SmartToyota:
I'll like to know the rate at which you'd be importing for some reasons. VAT has been added for us, so I want to get to discuss somethings with you.

Full synethic oil castrol 5quarts 13500k and full synethic mobil 1 5quarts 17500k
Re: Total, Forte, Conoil,oando, Mobil1 And MRS Synthetics Oils by sooperrescue(m): 3:55am On Apr 21, 2018
The one we are importing is Castrol extended performance 5w30, 5w20 and 0w20. All members get 4 gallons each for one full year service. And it is twice the price of your castrol. Is the csstrol magnatec or which?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (36) (Reply)

The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / David Baka Designs Logo For Innoson Vehicles, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.