Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,208 members, 7,953,767 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:58 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (654097 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (306) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Brimmie(m): 12:10am On Aug 19, 2013
joker5180: dnt tell any doctor ur diagnosis, tell him ur symptoms and request for a referral to cardiologist

Thanks. I 'll do exactly that.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 12:33am On Aug 19, 2013
In respose,

Mr. Chelsea, I sympathize with you on the condition of your dad. He has memory loss(amnesia) as a result of the stroke. Meaning that there is damage already to some parts of the brain tissue. There is no hard and fast rule in the management of any condition affecting the brain. You guys must wear patience like coat. The fact that he could not remember the names of his children means that long-term memory is affected. Meaning that the damage to his brain is moderate to severe.

These are the step in his management:

1. You must take him to a physician(Neurologist)

2. His blood pressure and blood sugar must be optimized.

3. He must quit alcohol(if he drinks) and smoking(if he smokes)

4. All drugs he takes must be prescribed by the physician

5. Ensure good nutrition with vitamin supplements(must be prescribed by the physician)

6. Must be having adequate rest.

7. Emotional and psychological support for him

8. Further lab investigations and treatment as prescribed by the attending physician

Finally, he will recover some of the memory lost with time, but he will not attain the level it used to be prior to his stroke. You guys must live with it. The treatment at this stage is to halt further damage to the brain cells and recover some lost brain functions. Cheers.

Contact me at meritocrat2012@gmail.com if you are not comfortable with the discussion on an open forum.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 3:09am On Aug 19, 2013
joshuapharm: joshuapharm: @brimmie

This is surely a case of unstable angina. The pain in ur chest is caused by insufficient blood supply through the artery that feeds oxygen and nutrients to the heart. This disorder is very serious and it's a warning sign of an imminent heart attack. I'd advise u to go for a blood test for troponin. I'd strongly advise you start treatment with clopidogrel 75mg(4 tab loading dose) 1 tab daily, with aspirin(micropirin) 75mg, 1tab daily. Don't fail to let ur doctor know about this. This is dangerous if left untreated. Cheers..

What sort of quackery is this

If you are a pharmacist, you should know the potential side effects of these medicines!!!

And based on the results of the tests he has mentioned, you have absolutely no diagnosis!!!

But still, you feel it is safe for him to just take the medicines you have written just because people can walk into a corner store and buy them.

Only God will save us from ourselves.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Gboliwe: 4:48am On Aug 19, 2013
ziga:

If you are a pharmacist, you should know the potential side effects of these medicines!!!

And based on the results of the tests he has mentioned, you have absolutely no diagnosis!!!

But still, you feel it is safe for him to just take the medicines you have written just because people can walk into a corner store and buy them.

my brother, I was shocked too he had to do those prescriptions withot seeing the patient that was why I quickly made that my post. His case is clearly a secondary or tertiary case, treating it like its ordinary RTI or Malaria is complicating issue
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joshuapharm(m): 7:49am On Aug 20, 2013
ziga:

Given the fact that the poster's angina didn't start yesterday, it started three years ago. Knowing fully well how it could progress into MI while awaiting diagnosis(sure I av no diagnosis). Aspirin75 mg has prolonged anti platelet effect and usage with clopidogrel wud just be perfect.. I was only advising him to manage it wif dis drugs.. So think next time b4 u call sum1 a quack... What side effects? The side effects of theses drugs are less probable usually less than 10% of cases. They are enteric coated, so no risk of GI bleeding.. Hez 22 yrs or so.. So we shudnt advise patients to use drugs cos dey av side effects? Which drug doesn't av side effect? *pfffftttt* abeg!!!!

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joshuapharm(m): 7:53am On Aug 20, 2013
Gboliwe:
my brother, I was shocked too he had to do those prescriptions withot seeing the patient that was why I quickly made that my post. His case is clearly a secondary or tertiary case, treating it like its ordinary RTI or Malaria is complicating issue

That was prophylaxis doc, that condition needed caution. Not like I was actually treating hez angina. Come to even think of it, are those even anti-anginal drugs? Ask questions next time.. Smh
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 8:17am On Aug 20, 2013
Prescription by correspondence is never acceptable in medical profession. It must be discouraged.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by humnsikan: 10:00am On Aug 20, 2013
I'm 21, my wrists and finger joints crack; i find it difficult to gain weight; got no family history of diabetes an arthritis, HIV negative; gyming with dumbells relieves symptoms; had frequent occurences of peptic ulcer, and hv been on a triple therapy; a tap onthe nerve on my back palm produces a electric shock sensation on my index finger. For this, i've been on dolometa B, which still hasn't help. I've been taking ciprofloxacin for typhoid ever since i was 18. Could it hv caused tendinitis?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joshuapharm(m): 10:14am On Aug 20, 2013
ACM10: Prescription by correspondence is never acceptable in medical profession. It must be discouraged.

I perfectly understand... Thanks..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Brimmie(m): 5:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
Ziga, Gboliwe, Joker.. And Most Especially JoshuaPharm!! Thanks Y'all!!

I went to see a Doctor today at OAUTH. I explained everything to him and he said it's likely to be Angina bt he's not sure. So i did exactly as Joshua told me to do, i requested to see a Cardiologist.

He gave me a letter and refer me. And i was told to come back tomorrow Wednesday to see the Cardiologist.

I really appreciate your help guys!! Thanks!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joshuapharm(m): 9:01pm On Aug 20, 2013
humnsikan: I'm 21, my wrists and finger joints crack; i find it difficult to gain weight; got no family history of diabetes an arthritis, HIV negative; gyming with dumbells relieves symptoms; had frequent occurences of peptic ulcer, and hv been on a triple therapy; a tap onthe nerve on my back palm produces a electric shock sensation on my index finger. For this, i've been on dolometa B, which still hasn't help. I've been taking ciprofloxacin for typhoid ever since i was 18. Could it hv caused tendinitis?

U got that! Fluoroquinolones are associated with risks of tendinitis or tendon rupture (can I ask why u kept taking cipro?). Now, i domt understand ur first statement.. But anyways u'll need to see a doc and carry out x-ray tests or MRI. Do u drink, smoke? R you fat? I'll want you to take it easy on the dumbells lest u worsen the condition. On ulcer, when did ur ulcer and the therapy start? Tho ulcer has nothing on that, there are some drugs u must not take.. Drugs like aspirin, ibuprofen, diclofenac, indomethacin.. Make sure u tell this to ur doc.. Moreover Dolo-meta B is wrong for use in ulcer(as it contains diclofenac), so pls discontinue it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joshuapharm(m): 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
Brimmie: Ziga, Gboliwe, Joker.. And Most Especially JoshuaPharm!! Thanks Y'all!!

I went to see a Doctor today at OAUTH. I explained everything to him and he said it's likely to be Angina bt he's not sure. So i did exactly as Joshua told me to do, i requested to see a Cardiologist.

He gave me a letter and refer me. And i was told to come back tomorrow Wednesday to see the Cardiologist.

I just hope u get the right diagnosis and get back to ur normal health.. By Joshua there, u meant Joker.
All the best man.. And keep the good job docs.. Cheers..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by seyiabi: 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2013
Join the online community of doctors and patients @ www.dokilink.com. Connect with a doctor and have your medical question answered...........or join the forum
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
Please doctor I need your help
I had knee dislocation six weeks ago when I was playing football.I stood up and stretched my leg and it was well but the pain is still there
Two week later I knelt down to pick up something and the knee dislocated again,I stretched the leg and it was well again,this has happened like three times,I have been taking some drugs but the pain is still strong
I have used nerve and bone ointment and some balm but no better result

Please help me with some advice
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 2:25am On Aug 21, 2013
joshuapharm:

Given the fact that the poster's angina didn't start yesterday, it started three years ago. Knowing fully well how it could progress into MI while awaiting diagnosis(sure I av no diagnosis). Aspirin75 mg has prolonged anti platelet effect and usage with clopidogrel wud just be perfect.. I was only advising him to manage it wif dis drugs.. So think next time b4 u call sum1 a quack... What side effects? The side effects of theses drugs are less probable usually less than 10% of cases. They are enteric coated, so no risk of GI bleeding.. Hez 22 yrs or so.. So we shudnt advise patients to use drugs cos dey av side effects? Which drug doesn't av side effect? *pfffftttt* abeg!!!!

First of all, from the way you are talking, you are clearly practicing beyond your scope of expertise.

Otherwise, you wouldn't spill the BS you just put up there.

If you want to be a doctor, go to medical school.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Aguike1: 9:03am On Aug 21, 2013
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Brimmie(m): 4:56pm On Aug 21, 2013
Hey Docs!

**Some Doctors can be annoying at times!**

I got to OAUTH around 8am this morning and i was waiting for the Nurses to call on me to see the Doctor.

Well one came, but she told me to come back next week even after the referred letter i submitted along side my card with an emergency tag.

I tried to explain to the Nurse but she won't allow me. I had to leave.

So i went back to meet the consultant that gave me the letter. I told him i cant wait till next week that am going thru alot discomfort.

He now asked me to tell him the symptoms again. He gave me these drugs to go buy:

1). Nitroglycerin Cream
2). Nitroglycerin Tablets
3). Vasoprin 75mg dly
4). Diclofenac 100mg dly

Guys, what do you think about this idea?? Shld i start to take the drugs without any proper diagnosis!??

You Guys Are Always Thr To Help!! Thanx In Advance!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2013
Brimmie: Hey Docs!

I got to OAUTH around 8am this morning and i was waiting for the Nurses to call on me to see the Doctor.

Well one came, but she told me to come back next week even after the referred letter i submitted along side my card with an emergency tag.

So i went back to meet the consultant that gave me the letter. I told him i cant wait till next week that am going thru alot discomfort.

He now asked me to tell him the symptoms again. He gave me these drugs to go buy:

1). Nitroglycerin Cream
3). Vasoprin 75mg dly
4). Diclofenac 100mg dly

Guys, what do you think about this idea?? Shld i start to take the drugs without any proper diagnosis!??

he is ur doc, he has seen u we ddnt so follow his prescription
specialty clinics usually has a very long booking list u r lucky they gave 1 wk appointment
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joshuapharm(m): 11:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
My take.. The prescription is okay without diclofenac.. I'm sure no pharmacisit wud dispense diclo and aspirin together. U need to know if Nitroglycerin is sublingual or just oral. Pls stick to one brand of nitroglycerin till the end of the regimen.. U may av headache as a result of nitroglycerin, just treat it with paracetamol.. Just don't take diclofenac with vasoprin(which is also aspirin I spoke about earlier).. All the best sir.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ACM10: 12:47am On Aug 22, 2013
Aguike1: Hey docs in the house, top of the day to you all!

I've had these rash-like things on my chest for quite a while. Noticed some of them turned red and started being a little bit kinda itchy (almost like it wants to itch but doesn't). Like a barely perceptible burning sensation - that makes you want to, like, touch and soothe it.

I've tried to treat it twice. Both times were last year. And they weren't red and itchy yet.

The first time was by a doc - prescribed something in a tube. And the second time was by a pharmacist - prescribed something in a tube (oil based I think) in combination with something else in a small, ash cylindrical container.

I sincerely wish I could remember their names right now.

Do kindly find some of the pictures below. Thanks.

My apology to fellow professionals. I may sway into unethical territory a bit.

@Aguike1,
I'm of the impression that u have a fungal infection. Though, superinfection by bacteria must be ruled out. The history of chronicity, itching and non-response to earlier treatment(with possible anti-bacterial cream) is suggestive of it. In any case, I suggest that you procure an anti-fungal cream like clotrimazole and apply it liberally at the site.

If there is no improvement in symptoms after five days, pls consult your dermatologist.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by adeoladrg(m): 10:13am On Aug 22, 2013
@Erald, You can have ur doctor do an X-ray on ur knee. You can also have ice on the knee to relieve the pain for a while,
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Brimmie(m): 10:23am On Aug 22, 2013
joshuapharm: My take.. The prescription is okay without diclofenac.. I'm sure no pharmacisit wud dispense diclo and aspirin together. U need to know if Nitroglycerin is sublingual or just oral. Pls stick to one brand of nitroglycerin till the end of the regimen.. U may av headache as a result of nitroglycerin, just treat it with paracetamol.. Just don't take diclofenac with vasoprin(which is also aspirin I spoke about earlier).. All the best sir.

Have Gotten The Drugs!

The Nitroglycerin is sublingual.
It seems i can't take the drugs once.
Diclofenac have to be taken before meas.
Nitroglycerin twice in a day after meals.
Vasoprin once after meals.

Dr Josh, are you saying i shld not take Vasoprin?? And stick to Nitroglycerin and Diclofenac only?

I took them all before i sleep last night.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
Hi docs. I have an itchy back,the itching usually starts wen i get hot or stand under sunlight.it's really annoying and feels like i am being poked by thousands of pins at once.it happens for some time during d cold season and then goes away. There is no visible sign on my back and this started about four years back.please help!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by baynix(m): 12:27am On Aug 23, 2013
joshuapharm: My take.. The prescription is okay without diclofenac.. I'm sure no pharmacisit wud dispense diclo and aspirin together. U need to know if Nitroglycerin is sublingual or just oral. Pls stick to one brand of nitroglycerin till the end of the regimen.. U may av headache as a result of nitroglycerin, just treat it with paracetamol.. Just don't take diclofenac with vasoprin(which is also aspirin I spoke about earlier).. All the best sir.

Have been banned on my second acct again by Spam-Bot! And my post hidden! sad

Have been taking the drugs together.. I mean Diclofenac and Vasoprin! Pls what's the effect of these two drugs??

Yeah.. The Nitroglycerin is Sub-Lingual and the headache is not funny!! I cnt take Paracetamol after it, coz i have to let the drug dissolve and i was told not to wash it down wt water! Or shld i?

**confused**
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by yoged(m): 7:45am On Aug 23, 2013
Brimmie: Hey Docs!

1). Nitroglycerin Cream
3). Vasoprin 75mg dly
4). Diclofenac 100mg dly

My friend, please try and take Garlic. have been having Angina, Palpitation for a long time , did alot of test until someone told me to be using Garlic. i"ll chew like 3 of it every night and step it down with water. started using it last 4 days and have seen changes. if u dont mind the stink smell which i dont care about. try it. Goodluck
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by yoged(m): 9:31am On Aug 23, 2013
Brimmie: Ziga, Gboliwe, Joker.. And Most Especially JoshuaPharm!! Thanks Y'all!!

. Which of the OAUTH. Ife or Ilesa?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Adaeze003(f): 12:59pm On Aug 23, 2013
Adaeze003: Hi docs, months ago I was in a minor accident and since then my jaw occasionally locks up. Like it'll be difficult to open my mouth wide and after a while it goes back to normal. Its really freaking me out now, I thought it'll stop after a while but it still happens.

What should I do?

Hello, doctors! No reply yet
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Brimmie(m): 3:47pm On Aug 23, 2013
Adaeze003:

Hello, doctors! No reply yet

They gon' reply you asap.. Trust me!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Brimmie(m): 3:48pm On Aug 23, 2013
yoged: . Which of the OAUTH. Ife or Ilesa?

Is there one at Ilesha?? Ife of course!!

For how long have you been having the Angina and Palpitation?? Mine is over 3yrs!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by yoged(m): 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2013
Brimmie:

Is there one at Ilesha?? Ife of course!!

For how long have you been having the Angina and Palpitation?? Mine is over 3yrs!
yes, there's 1 in ilesa. Mine started March this year but am seeing changes now thanks to God and the Garlic am using. It seems u r trying to contact me.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Brimmie(m): 4:57pm On Aug 23, 2013
yoged: yes, there's 1 in ilesa. Mine started March this year but am seeing changes now thanks to God and the Garlic am using. It seems u r trying to contact me.

Oh.. You figured out yours early!! Then you are lucky!

Yeah, have been trying to contact you! Follo me bck!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by deylex77: 7:53pm On Aug 23, 2013
Hi Docs in the house, I don't know if what I'm typing now is really really relevant but d fact is dat I think about it all the time.
I'm d only male child in a family of 4 children, 2nd born to b precise. My parents are above 5.8ft.(Height) dad is 5.9ft.
My concern is dat I am 21years old now and I am still at 5.4ft whereas our last born who z 6years younger than I is 5.7ft.
The worst part is dat everybody keeps saying am not growing physically, I'm not adding WEIGHT, and not adding HEIGHT, infact I'm short and skinny, my fear is dat I have stopped growing. I don't know wat to do, I really need to grow physically. I need to increase my height...or is it too late for that?.

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (306) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.