Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (635494 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Brimmie(m): 9:19pm On Aug 23, 2013
deylex77: Hi Docs in the house, I don't know if what I'm typing now is really really relevant but d fact is dat I think about it all the time.
I'm d only male child in a family of 4 children, 2nd born to b precise. My parents are above 5.8ft.(Height) dad is 5.9ft.
My concern is dat I am 21years old now and I am still at 5.4ft whereas our last born who z 6years younger than I is 5.7ft.
The worst part is dat everybody keeps saying am not growing physically, I'm not adding WEIGHT, and not adding HEIGHT, infact I'm short and skinny, my fear is dat I have stopped growing. I don't know wat to do, I really need to grow physically. I need to increase my height...or is it too late for that?.

Hey mate, i asked a Doctor on Tuesday exactly what you just posted. He laughed at me and asked me to stand up, and said "you are even taller than me"! He said abt the body thing, when am married, am gon' put on weight. i couldnt disagree.

But i think there's somethin wrong in the body system! Am the only skinny one in our family too!! I had a rapid growth but when i clocked 19, i stopped growing physically! Now am 22!

Let's hear the Docs!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Brimmie(m): 9:19pm On Aug 23, 2013
@YoGed: Check ur mail bruh!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by deylex77: 10:15pm On Aug 23, 2013
Brimmie: @YoGed: Check ur mail bruh!
Nntn on my mail, akindelebash01@gmail.com
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by deylex77: 10:19pm On Aug 23, 2013
Brimmie:

Hey mate, i asked a Doctor on Tuesday exactly what you just posted. He laughed at me and asked me to stand up, and said "you are even taller than me"! He said abt the body thing, when am married, am gon' put on weight. i couldnt disagree.

But i think there's somethin wrong in the body system! Am the only skinny one in our family too!! I had a rapid growth but when i clocked 19, i stopped growing physically! Now am 22!

Let's hear the Docs!
I really didn't hav a rapid growth, but its so annoying to see my mates growing and me stuck like I'm a vampire or something. I really do hate this part of myself, I just wish someone could help asap.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by yoged(m): 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
Brimmie: @YoGed: Check ur mail bruh!
have replied you.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oxygen25: 12:17am On Aug 24, 2013
deylex77:
I really didn't hav a rapid growth, but its so annoying to see my mates growing and me stuck like I'm a vampire or something. I really do hate this part of myself, I just wish someone could help asap.
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Take a chill joor and don't kill yourself.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joshuapharm(m): 9:56pm On Aug 24, 2013
Adaeze003:

Hello, doctors! No reply yet

My colleague-to-be.. Ur doctor needs to examine the jaw physically, he needs to know if you experience any pain. It's a physical examination thing, maybe that's y u didn't get any response.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 25, 2013
adeola_drg: @Erald, You can have ur doctor do an X-ray on ur knee. You can also have ice on the knee to relieve the pain for a while,
Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Brimmie(m): 8:49am On Aug 25, 2013
@JoshuaPharm: Pls, is Nitro for prevention or treatment?? Coz i saw online that it can only prevent Angina bt can't treat it!

So, is there any drug that can treat Angina??

What abt Vasporin and Diclofenac??
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joshuapharm(m): 6:39pm On Aug 25, 2013
Brimmie: @JoshuaPharm: Pls, is Nitro for prevention or treatment?? Coz i saw online that it can only prevent Angina bt can't treat it!

So, is there any drug that can treat Angina??

What abt Vasporin and Diclofenac??

It can prevent it and treat it. What matters is the dosage and route of administration. Did the doctor explain how to take the drug? Vasoprin 75mg is an anti platelet... It reduces or prevents clotting of blood in the arteries and veins and the heart and prevents the risk of heart attack in angina. If you remember, I earlier told you to use micropirin which is the same aspirin, but I prefer that 1 cos it's enteric coated(it won't av effect on ur stomach). That shud be used once per day. I don't know if there's a reason he prescribed diclofenac, I'd want you to go back to the doc or leave it(diclofenac) out. Nitroglycerin is used in different forms and doses, so I'd advise you to go back to the hospital(oh! Strike). Just take the prescription he gave you to a nearby pharmacist or snap it and email it to me.. God bless ya!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Brimmie(m): 10:44pm On Aug 25, 2013
joshuapharm:

It can prevent it and treat it. What matters is the dosage and route of administration. Did the doctor explain how to take the drug? Vasoprin 75mg is an anti platelet... It reduces or prevents clotting of blood in the arteries and veins and the heart and prevents the risk of heart attack in angina. If you remember, I earlier told you to use micropirin which is the same aspirin, but I prefer that 1 cos it's enteric coated(it won't av effect on ur stomach). That shud be used once per day. I don't know if there's a reason he prescribed diclofenac, I'd want you to go back to the doc or leave it(diclofenac) out. Nitroglycerin is used in different forms and doses, so I'd advise you to go back to the hospital(oh! Strike). Just take the prescription he gave you to a nearby pharmacist or snap it and email it to me.. God bless ya!!!

The Nitro twice in a day.. Sublingual!
Vasoprin and Diclofenac once in a day.
One Tab each!

The throbbin headache that the Nitro gives sometimes is unbearable.

I started taking the drugs on Wednesday. I cant say have seen lotta changes though i feel relieved after taking them but after somtimes i 'l be feelin the pains slightly again.

How long do you think it's gonna take bro?? Tho, he (The Doctor) said i shld be using it b4 my next appointment. Now they are on Strike! sad
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by yoged(m): 12:20am On Aug 26, 2013
Brimmie:

One Tab each!

I started taking the drugs on Wednesday. I cant say have seen lotta changes though i feel relieved after taking them but after somtimes i 'l be feelin the pains slightly again.

How long do you think it's gonna take bro?? Tho, he (The Doctor) said i shld be using it b4 my next appointment. Now they are on Strike! sad
hello, i replied your message. Waiting for yours. Have you done any test before like E C G, X RAY AND ECHO?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Brimmie(m): 12:33am On Aug 26, 2013
yoged: hello, i replied your message. Waiting for yours. Have you done any test before like E C G, X RAY AND ECHO?

Yeah, have done ECG twice.. XRAY three times!! But no ECHO test!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by obeyyourhealth(m): 12:44am On Aug 26, 2013
CAUSES OF INFERTILITY IN BOTH MEN AND WOMEN.

When you're hoping for a positive result on a home
pregnancy test, it can be a difficult moment to receive a
negative result. With television shows that highlight the
lives of teens who became pregnant so easily without
even trying, and magazine covers highlighting the
newest pregnancy for a mother who already has a dozen
or more children, you might think getting pregnant is
much easier than it actually is. While your negative
pregnancy test might be nothing more than a sign you
didn't plan your intercourse accordingly this month, it
may be an indication that either you or your partner may
be suffering from different causes of infertility.
Here are some causes of infertility in both men and
women:

Male Infertility

Many people assume that infertility is a female
problem. They might immediately wonder if the woman
is the one to blame when a couple is not having any luck
becoming pregnant. Traditionally, doctors believe that
younger couples who have been trying for a year or
more to get pregnant without any luck are infertile. For
couples older than 35, doctors begin to strongly consider
infertility after six months of trying to conceive with no
luck. Still, most people believe that it's the woman's
Fault.

This is simply not true. In fact, approximately half of
infertility problems in the U.S. are caused by the male
partner in the relationship. Male infertility is caused by
a number of factors. Essentially, men must be able to
produce healthy sperm, enough sperm, and correctly
shaped sperm to impregnate a woman. If he cannot do
one or more of those things, he likely suffers from
infertility. Health issues are the leading causes of
infertility in men. Men who suffer from infection,
varicocele, take certain medications, or have a hormone
imbalance may suffer from infertility as these are all
medical causes of the problem. Additionally,
environmental factors can affect male fertility. Exposure
to heavy metals, X-rays, radiation, chemicals, and the
overexposure to heat can cause male infertility.

Men's lifestyle choices can also cause infertility. Drug
and alcohol use, smoking, weight, stress, and even too
much bicycling can cause males to suffer from fertility
issues. Men who do suffer from infertility might not
recognize any signs or symptoms right away. Aside from
his partner's inability to become pregnant, other signs of
male infertility include ejaculation issues, pain or
swelling in the testicles, low sperm count, and a sudden
inability to grow hair on the face or body are all signs or
causes of infertility in men. However, a sign such as low
sperm count is not one that a man will notice without
medical assistance, which is one of the main reasons
why men often do not realize that they might be the
reason behind a woman's inability to get pregnant.

Female Infertility

Since the invention of IVF and other fertility treatments,
women who suffer from infertility issues have more
options than ever before when it comes to starting a
family. Infertility on the part of a woman no longer has to
mean that she cannot have a child of her own, even if
she cannot carry that child. In order for you to become
pregnant, you need to ovulate, have sex, and receive
sperm to fertilize your eggs. Ovulation occurs when your
body releases an egg into your fallopian tubes. When it is fertilized, it moves into your uterus and you become
pregnant.

The causes of infertility can vary. Most commonly,
women who are infertile suffer from ovulation disorders,
damaged fallopian tubes, cervical blockage, and a
number of other health issues that can lead to infertility.
Women who are not fertile often do not realize they
cannot conceive a child until they fail to become
pregnant after trying repeatedly. Furthermore, some
women who suffer from infertility have no medical
explanation for their inability to conceive and will never
know why they could not have a baby.

Much like male fertility issues, it's not until a woman
repeatedly fails to become pregnant that she begins to
consider she might have issues with infertility. Since it is
not something you can see or that you even feel, it might take a while to find out that infertility is something you have to live with. While some women may know they are infertile after struggles with cancer, a specific surgery,or another condition, most simply do not know until they see their doctor regarding the inability to conceive.

The only other sign that a woman might suffer from
infertility is her menstrual cycle. The typical menstrual
cycle lasts 28 days from the first day of your period until
the first day of your next period. However, it is not
uncommon for many women to have a shorter or longer
cycle. This does not indicate female infertility, but
women whose cycles are shorter than three weeks or
longer than five weeks could suffer from infertility. This is. a sign that you should consult with your doctor for
further testing.

Treating infertility issues in both men and women is
possible with the help of a medical professional. While
not all infertility issues are curable or even treatable,
many couples who face infertility are able to go on and
conceive a child of their own after one of the many forms of fertility treatment available today. For those who cannot conceive even after fertility treatments,otheroptions are available.

For More Information, kindly visit
www.obeyyourhealth..com

Follow us on Twitter:www.twitter.com/obeyyourhealth

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/obeyyourhealth

HEALTH IS WEALTH.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Brimmie(m): 1:44am On Aug 26, 2013
@Obey: Why not create a new thread?? Thanx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by deylex77: 12:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
so no hope for me again cry cry cry
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joshuapharm(m): 2:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
Brimmie:

One Tab each!

But the docs are not on strike nw.. Angina not responsive to SL nitro is usually switched to IV.. But let us see what happens in the next one week. Let there be at least 8-12 hours btw the two doses in a day. Pls don't engage in any strenuous activity (atall at all).. Also avoid alcohol and contact ur doc b4 u take any OTC medication.. If you must take diclofenac, pls separate it, u can take vasoprin in the morning and diclofenac in the evening.. And apply the cream as directed.. Bless ya!

It might take as long as 3 months, that's not to scare you, but if your condition improves by the time u see d doc, he'll likely tell u to continue it or add 1 more anti-anginal drug. U'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Brimmie(m): 2:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
joshuapharm:

But the docs are not on strike nw.. Angina not responsive to SL nitro is usually switched to IV.. But let us see what happens in the next one week. Let there be at least 8-12 hours btw the two doses in a day. Pls don't engage in any strenuous activity (atall at all).. Also avoid alcohol and contact ur doc b4 u take any OTC medication.. If you must take diclofenac, pls separate it, u can take vasoprin in the morning and diclofenac in the evening.. And apply the cream as directed.. Bless ya!

It might take as long as 3 months, that's not to scare you, but if your condition improves by the time u see d doc, he'll likely tell u to continue it or add 1 more anti-anginal drug. U'll be fine.

You've been helpful! Thanks man!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Brimmie(m): 12:36am On Aug 28, 2013
deylex77: so no hope for me again cry cry cry

Bruh.. Cheer Up!!

MY gurl always worry me abt my stature!! It's one of the stewpid reasons she left!!

Bt we Skinny Guys are blessed with a long snake btw our legs! Lol.. grin grin
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2013
godjohnson: Hi docs. I have an itchy back,the itching usually starts wen i get hot or stand under sunlight.it's really annoying and feels like i am being poked by thousands of pins at once.it happens for some time during d cold season and then goes away. There is no visible sign on my back and this started about four years back.please help!!
no response yet
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by wowfactor11: 2:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2013
wowfactor11: Hello docs. Im having irregular period due to high prolactin levels. Conceived two months ago, but had a miscarriage dis month. Is it safe to start taking bromocriptine now, since I just had d evacuation two weeks ago. Wen is it safe to start trying to conceive again.

Don't buy anything. Let your body rest and try to conceive again naturally.

Medications do more harm than good when they are taken inappropriately.

Firstly, it sounds like you didn't get any blood test to measure your prolactin levels. And even if you did and it happens to be elevated, that is the body's normal response after a pregnancy.

It is NOT safe, and you DO NOT have any business taking bromocriptine.

You conceived without any problems previously, so you will be able to conceive again. You only need to allow your body return to its pre-pregnancy state.

Allow your body to rest!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Odunharry(m): 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2013
doc in d house..i nid more enlightment abt any treatment for hernia..can it be cure using herbs?or is surgery d best solution?tanx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by kenjudy(m): 9:35pm On Aug 28, 2013
Pls doc. Am having some kind of internal heat. It started few months back, whenever I sit or lie down after a while d place gets so hot dat I have to either sit up or lie on d floor. At first I thought it was cos I cos stopped using a/c for sometime but I wasn't born wit it so I don't see why. Now it's getting worst everyday. I tried folic acid no way, and I googled it but couldn't find useful info on help tips. So pls, is there anything I can do to make it go away. Thanx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by wowfactor11: 10:32pm On Aug 28, 2013
@
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 1:41am On Aug 29, 2013
wowfactor11: @ziga, thanks for the reply. My periods re really far apart. Get to see it like 3 times in a year. I was on bromocriptine last year to reduce my prolactin level, but stopped and didn't get my flow from January to May when I had to go see d gynaecologist and he gave me an injection to induce my period. I honestly think DAT helped me conceive. I normally ovulate and get my flows with bromo. So should I wait a while before taking bromo or CN I star right away.

Well from what you described here, it sounds like you have high prolactin levels.

In that case, you probably need to go back on your medication to be able to conceive.

Also, please make sure that you follow up regularly with your gynecologist.

Best of luck!!!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by obeyyourhealth(m): 4:39am On Aug 29, 2013
SYMPTOMS AND TREATMENT OF TUBERCULOSIS.

Tuberculosis can affect anyone and anywhere. It is
estimated that approximately 1/3 of the world's
population has been infected by mycobacterium
tuberculosis. Currently, tuberculosis is the third largest
cause of death after cardiovascular disease and
respiratory disease. Tuberculosis is a disease of the
biggest causes of death in the group of infectious
diseases. Until now, tuberculosis remains a global health
problem and foremost.

How Tuberculosis is contracted

Tuberculosis is an infectious disease cause by
mycobacterium tuberculosis germ. Tuberculosis (TB) is
transmitted through the air (through the spark sputum
tuberculosis patients). When people with TB cough,
sneeze, talk or spit, they sprinkle the tuberculosis
bacteria into the air. A person can be exposed by
inhaling the bacteria,a small number of tuberculosis
germs can infect someone. In children the source of
infection is generally derived from adult patients with TB.Patients with tuberculosis with status of positive acid-fastbacilli can infect at least 10 to 15 people every year.
These bacteria when frequently entered and
accumulated in the lungs, will develop well into a lot and
can be spread through blood vessels or lymph nodes.
Therefore, infection of TB can infect virtually all body
organs like the lungs, brain, kidney, gastrointestinal
tract, bone, lymph nodes, and others. The Organs often
infected with tuberculosis bacteria is the lungs.
Someone who is infected with TB germs do not
necessarily become ill. Tuberculosis germs can become
inactive (dormant) for many years to form a cell wall in
the form of a thick layer of wax. When a person's
immune system declines, likely contracted the illness
tuberculosis becomes greater.

Tuberculosis symptoms

The main symptoms of patients with tuberculosis are
coughing up phlegm for 2 to 3 weeks or more. Cough
followed by additional symptoms of phlegm mixed with
blood, coughing up blood, shortness of breath, body
weakness, decreased appetite, weight loss, malaise,
night sweats without physical activity, fever more than 1
month. These symptoms can also be found in lung
diseases other than tuberculosis, such as bronchitis,
asthma, lung cancer and others.

How to Tuberculosis Test

In children, tuberculin test is most useful examination to
show whether the child is infected with mycobacterium
tuberculosis. But it is often done with Monteux test.
Monteux test injection site is generally on the upper half
left forearm. It is injected into the skin and in wait for 48
~ 72 hours in measuring the diameter of the swelling
that occurs.

Treatment of tuberculosis

Treatment of tuberculosis lasts long(6-9 months) even
more than that. Patients with tuberculosis can be cured
by taking drugs completely and regularly and to improve
the immune system with good nutrition and regular
exercise.

For More Information, kindly visit
www.obeyyourhealth..com

Follow us on Twitter:www.twitter.com/obeyyourhealth

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/obeyyourhealth

HEALTH IS WEALTH.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Odunharry(m): 11:14am On Aug 29, 2013
doc in d house..i nid more
enlightment abt any treatment for
hernia..can it be cure using herbs?or
is surgery d best solution?tanx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 12:03pm On Aug 29, 2013
Odunharry: doc in d house..i nid more
enlightment abt any treatment for
hernia..can it be cure using herbs?or
is surgery d best solution?tanx

A hernia is a physical defect.

So, think about it like this...

When your clothes rip, you need a tailor.

Therefore, when you have a hernia (physical defect) you MIGHT PROBABLY need surgery.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Odunharry(m): 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
ziga:

A hernia is a physical defect.

So, think about it like this...

When your clothes rip, you need a tailor.

Therefore, when you have a hernia (physical defect) you MIGHT PROBABLY need surgery.
tanx..how abt surgery?how long will 1 stay in d hospital,is d surgery cmplicated?pls enlighten me abt d surgical process,tanx.

And which hospital in lagos wud u recommend,tanx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Olami099(m): 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2013
Hi doctor,please I noticed a few weeks ago some pains in my private parts when I try passing out faeces I do feel pains during d process dat its difficult for me to pass out d faeces secondly doc,When am about to be intimate and my joystick became erect I do feel pains without even entering her if I try to do it d pain will increase so much dat I cant last more than 5min during sex plz it started 2wks ago...I need ur advice on what u think cause these and the remedy...May God bless u sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.