Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (639273 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 24, 2014
Unintentional weight loss despite a good appetite may indicate a thyroid problem or a diabetic problem. D a thyroid assay and a fasting blood sugar test.

Make plans to see a physician as well.[/quote]

Thank you Dr. But is the weight lost not connected with the previous mentioned infections?

And what are the remedy to this infections cos I have tried so many medications to no avail.
Thanks!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by iyaakanran: 2:46pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hello doctor,please how do i treat sinusitis without the use of antibiotics.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Bmark: 9:59pm On Aug 28, 2014
i have got these problem which has been making me fill up with fear and it is:it started just about some months ago when i fell in n the process of a football match.it happened that i fell on my chest an accident which culminated into a serious chest rib pain.i a applied rub and mop the spotfor like a week and half with hot water. The problem is that as at now ,the skin at the particular spot of my chest i mop with hot water feels so tender and soft and has refuse to get thickened like other part of my chest i didnt mop with hot wat water..in yoruba i say ibe(the spot) o tila(the skin feel so soft unlike the other part of the skin on my body..doctors come to my aid...the spot is upper left part of my chest..epidemologist come to my aid,.advice please
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Perpetual459: 11:07pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hello Doctor,please what is the side effects of xasten dexamethasone?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by taiwolawal13: 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2014
good post
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 2:24pm On Aug 29, 2014
iyaakanran: Hello doctor,please how do i treat sinusitis without the use of antibiotics.

You can't TREAT a sinusitis of a bacterial infective origin without using antibiotics. However, if it's of an allergic origin, you're good to go with nasal decongestants and intranasal steroids.

Disclaimer: This information is for advisory purposes only. It is not meant to replace or substitute for professional medical advise from your Physician. Please consult thoroughly with your Physician before considering the content of this post.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 2:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
Perpetual459: Hello Doctor,please what is the side effects of xasten dexamethasone?

Disclaimer: This information is for advisory purposes only. It is not meant to replace or substitute for professional medical advise from your Physician. Please consult thoroughly with your Physician before considering the content of this post

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2014
Bmark: i have got these problem which has been making me fill up with fear and it is:it started just about some months ago when i fell in n the process of a football match.it happened that i fell on my chest an accident which culminated into a serious chest rib pain. i a applied rub and mop the spotfor like a week and half with hot water. The problem is that as at now ,the skin at the particular spot of my chest i mop with hot water feels so tender and soft and has refuse to get thickened like other part of my chest i didnt mop with hot wat water..in yoruba i say ibe(the spot) o tila(the skin feel so soft unlike the other part of the skin on my body..doctors come to my aid...the spot is upper left part of my chest..epidemologist come to my aid,.advice please

You may have scalded your skin with over-zealous application of hot water. I think your fear is not necessary. You may want to see your doctor.

Disclaimer: This information is for advisory purposes only. It is not meant to replace or substitute for professional medical advise from your Physician. Please consult thoroughly with your Physician before considering the content of this post
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
lomaxx:

You may want to see a physician. He/she would do a physical examination, run some tests and arrive at a diagnosis.

Unintentional weight loss despite a good appetite may indicate a thyroid problem or a diabetic problem. D a thyroid assay and a fasting blood sugar test.

Make plans to see a physician as well.

Thank you Dr. But is the weight lost not connected with the previous mentioned infections?
And what are the remedy to this infections cos I have tried so many medications to no avail.
Thanks!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 3:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
ijinlove20:

Thanks!

My point is, you losing weight despite a good appetite could point to a thyroid or diabetic condition. The only way to know is to see a doctor, register your worries, he'll order some panel of tests and make a diagnosis. Then treatment can begin. You need to see a physician.

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Perpetual459: 4:29pm On Aug 29, 2014
lomaxx:

thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ProfEinstein: 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
docs in the house thanks for ur help . pls i dont know why i am always tired during the day especially during work hours. what do i do?? just the tiredness nothing much
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sisiafrika(f): 11:54am On Aug 31, 2014
I want to ask why malaria parasite test is mostly prescribed for pt. I think Africans have them in the blood, fever just set in if they are higher than normal. Just trying to be curious. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 31, 2014
I love this thread. Hope to contribute my quota soon.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 1:09pm On Aug 31, 2014
sisiafrika: I want to ask why malaria parasite test is mostly prescribed for pt. I think Africans have them in the blood, fever just set in if they are higher than normal. Just trying to be curious. Thanks

You're right. Malaria is endemic to sub-Saharan Africa and patients become symptomatic when the level of parasitemia is high in the blood. Despite these peculiarity, malaria cannot be diagnosed only with the symptoms. This is because the symptoms of malaria overlap with symptoms of a lot of other diseases so you have to do a laboratory test to be very sure what is producing the symptoms is malaria.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sisiafrika(f): 4:46pm On Aug 31, 2014
lomaxx:

You're right. Malaria is endemic to sub-Saharan Africa and patients become symptomatic when the level of parasitemia is high in the blood. Despite these peculiarity, malaria cannot be diagnosed only with the symptoms. This is because the symptoms of malaria overlap with symptoms of a lot of other diseases so you have to do a laboratory test to be very sure what is producing the symptoms is malaria.
I now get. Used to think its useless. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by IJEOMA7512(f): 5:02pm On Aug 31, 2014
pls can somebody explain this X-Ray for me? The uterine cavity opacified and appeared bulky but no filling defect seen. The right tube opacified and showed a lot of coiling and beading with possible scanty reflux of contrast into the pelvic cavity. The left tube did not opacify. Ozing of contrast from the isthmus of the left tube into the palvic cavity noted. wht is my chance of conception based on this result
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by idu1(m): 9:46am On Sep 01, 2014
lomaxx:

Do an HIV test.
i like this ur intelligence. Keep it up!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ciscaos(f): 6:32pm On Sep 01, 2014
i have been seeing my period 4 four months now for two days a cycle instead of the normal three days. at first i thought it was stress, but i am stress free now and it still has not changed to normal. pls am i ok
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Omomehn: 9:05am On Sep 02, 2014
Ok this is some serious stuff. I literally had sex
allniight about 6months ago. The next day i went
for football training and in the course of it, i felt a
sudden sharp pain around my waist. It was so bad
that i had 2 sit down immediately and later went
off the pitch. This pain has refused to subside
since then. What could be behind it? I think its
necessary i mention also that i was excessively
working out on daily basis doing sit ups and push
ups on bare floors. I could do sit ups 3 times
daily. Bt i ve quit working out out of fear. Please
help me with ur suggestions on how to treat. its specifically on the left side of my waist. it becomes severe after bending down for some minutes. thanks doc
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Omomehn: 9:07am On Sep 02, 2014
lomaxx:

doc plz address my question. its above this post. thank u so much
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Excelboi(m): 9:22am On Sep 02, 2014
I'm suffering from depression. Though I'm not thinking
suicidal, but I'm fed up with so much thinking. Mind is not
at rest, everything feel strange, I'm fighting it but it seems I
need support. I need help urgently.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 9:29am On Sep 02, 2014
IJEOMA7512:

Who did this HSG?

A radiologist?

I'll interprete it from what I've seen:

IJEOMA7512: pls can somebody explain this X-Ray for me? The uterine cavity opacified and appeared bulky but no filling defect seen. The right tube opacified and showed a lot of coiling and beading with possible scanty reflux of contrast into the pelvic cavity. The left tube did not opacify. Ozing of contrast from the isthmus of the left tube into the palvic cavity noted. wht is my chance of conception based on this result

A HSG is a hysterosalpinogram which is an Xray of the uterus and fallopian tube. Normally a contrast is injected into the uterus from belowand if the tubes are open, it passes through them appearing opacified and spills into the peritoneal cavity and is seen on the film.

The report suggests that the inside of your uterus - referred to as the cavity is normal.

Right tube is opacified means that it may not be blocked. The scanty reflux back into the pelvic cavity means some of the contrast couldn't go through. However the beaded appearance is suggestive of tubal tuberculosis. However, some normal tubes appear beaded on HSG. A important information left out here is whether there was peritoneal spill or not.

Left tube is not opacified means dye didn't enter the tube suggesting that it may be blocked hence reflux back into the pelvic cavity at the isthmus. This may suggest an isthmal occlusion. It can also suggest a spasm in the isthmus region - meaning the tubes may be normal. Also, there's no information on peritoneal spill. So it's inconclusive.

Conclusion: Looks like your right tube is okay- except for a suspected tubal TB(which needs treatment). There's a suspicion of procedural tubal spasm on the left side- might be a blockage. Only a diagnostic laparoscopy can tell.

Only one tube is needed for conception. Discuss with your doctor about the your result. HSG is not always 100% accurate but from the report that's what it looks like. Good luck to you.

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 9:55am On Sep 02, 2014
Excelboi: I'm suffering from depression. Though I'm not thinking
suicidal, but I'm fed up with so much thinking. Mind is not
at rest, everything feel strange, I'm fighting it but it seems I
need support. I need help urgently.

See a psychiatrist
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 10:06am On Sep 02, 2014
Omomehn: Ok this is some serious stuff. I literally had sex
allniight about 6months ago. The next day i went
for football training and in the course of it, i felt a
sudden sharp pain around my waist. It was so bad
that i had 2 sit down immediately and later went
off the pitch. This pain has refused to subside
since then. What could be behind it? I think its
necessary i mention also that i was excessively
working out on daily basis doing sit ups and push
ups on bare floors. I could do sit ups 3 times
daily. Bt i ve quit working out out of fear. Please
help me with ur suggestions on how to treat. its specifically on the left side of my waist. it becomes severe after bending down for some minutes. thanks doc

You could benefit from NSAIDS e.g Ibuprofen. Don't stop physical activity totally - mild stretching could help.

If Ibuprofen doesn't help, you could consult your physician.

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 10:12am On Sep 02, 2014
ciscaos: i have been seeing my period 4 four months now for two days a cycle instead of the normal three days. at first i thought it was stress, but i am stress free now and it still has not changed to normal. pls am i ok

Give it some more time.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ProfEinstein: 8:10am On Sep 03, 2014
doc please kindly address the question i asked before. u skipped mine
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by adanny01(m): 9:58am On Sep 03, 2014
I am going to download all my health issues here for possible solution and advise.

1. I experience some few minutes of prickly kind of itching after taking bath with cold or luke warm water. My bath water has to be comfortably hot else i get itchy. The itching bout starts from 1-2min after bath and last up to five minutes. Rubbing cream and wearing cloths, jumping into bed and covering myself with duvet cover seem to help reduce the itching. AC or fan helps too. I guess it stops when my skin starts drying.

I do experience the prickly itching on cold wet days with out even taking a bath and gets worst with a bath or if i use rain water. A skin sample was taken from my back and tested for filariasis but came back negative.

I also get itchy on my torso sometimes when i sweat. This problem has been affecting my 2yr son who pulls off his shirt crying after he takes warm beverage(bornvita) or even normal food or when he sweats from normal play. We will always help him scratch his back for a minute or 2 while he cools down.

2. I have read about irritable bowel syndrome. I think i have it. No week passes without me having an episode of frequent toilet visits sometimes 3 times within a hr. Most times in the morning. It sure will happen when i eat pepperish food the previous day. Am typing from the toilet and this is the 4th toilet visit this morning the first was at 6am.

3. My family has a history of Arthritis. I have read about oesteo arthritis which i think i am beginning to have on one of my knees. I am 33, 1.75m tall and weigh 105kg, i am still very active since i do things people feel i will not be able to for a big guy. I dont work out at all. My right knee hurts intensely when i sit on those interstate buses for hrs journey or anytime i squat. The knee problem became obvious and intensified during NYSC camp some yrs ago when i had to do frog jumps. I now travel with NSAID Ibuprofen in my baggage, its been helpful.

How can i treat these problems please.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by IJEOMA7512(f): 10:12am On Sep 04, 2014
lomaxx:

Who did this HSG?

A radiologist?

I'll interprete it from what I've seen:

A HSG is a hysterosalpinogram which is an Xray of the uterus and fallopian tube. Normally a contrast is injected into the uterus from belowand if the tubes are open, it passes through them appearing opacified and spills into the peritoneal cavity and is seen on the film.

The report suggests that the inside of your uterus - referred to as the cavity is normal.

Right tube is opacified means that it may not be blocked. The scanty reflux back into the pelvic cavity means some of the contrast couldn't go through. However the beaded appearance is suggestive of tubal tuberculosis. However, some normal tubes appear beaded on HSG. A important information left out here is whether there was peritoneal spill or not.

Left tube is not opacified means dye didn't enter the tube suggesting that it may be blocked hence reflux back into the pelvic cavity at the isthmus. This may suggest an isthmal occlusion. It can also suggest a spasm in the isthmus region - meaning the tubes may be normal. Also, there's no information on peritoneal spill. So it's inconclusive.

Conclusion: Looks like your right tube is okay- except for a suspected tubal TB(which needs treatment). There's a suspicion of procedural tubal spasm on the left side- might be a blockage. Only a diagnostic laparoscopy can tell.

Only one tube is needed for conception. Discuss with your doctor about the your result. HSG is not always 100% accurate but from the report that's what it looks like. Good luck to you.

God bless u for ur good work. Thanks to u
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dupe22: 3:52pm On Sep 08, 2014
Good evening drs in the house, who does "Ovaries appears expansile" means. Tanx
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by adeoladrg(m): 7:48am On Sep 12, 2014
Why should this thread die? Ziga, Lomaxx, deols, Lagusta. Where are y'all?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mark2sunny(m): 9:19am On Sep 12, 2014
olyman: @House Doctors

I developed small eczema spots all around my thoracic skin. I take my bath twice daily and wear clean clothes. I tried taking antibiotics but it keeps spreading. What could be the cause and cure?

Use C24/7
U should be fine in a week or so

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.