Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (635835 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 6:09pm On Jan 02, 2014
Madam speaker:
i experience loss of appetitie (or mayb fear of eating so dat i wnt go to d toilet),no fever e.t.c....i stool as many times as i eat..after a meal,some minutes after...my stomach will start singing,den i know its tym.

Right. Follow the advise in my initial post. Sorry.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by seriko: 6:35pm On Jan 02, 2014
lomaxx:

Why do you think it's a varicocele? Can you share what you found out?
i get the feeling d pain is linked 2 my scrotum. from my investigations online d symptoms 2 varicocele. what do u think?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2014
seriko: i get the feeling d pain is linked 2 my scrotum. from my investigations online d symptoms 2 varicocele. what do u think?

There are many causes of scrotal pain. A varicocele is one of the many. You need to see a doctor to do a scrotal/groin examination and decipher the cause.

A varicocele would almost always occur on your left groin. You'd feel it as a dull dragging ache. A varicocele will be obvious when you cough or increase intra-abdominal pressure(what we call Valsalva maneuver). Your sac would feel like a "bag of worms".

Book an appointment with your doctor.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Sirpc(m): 7:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
lomaxx:

Is he asthmatic?
No he is not. Or less it is now developing
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 7:20pm On Jan 02, 2014
Sir pc: No he is not. Or less it is now developing

He should see a doctor.

When he does, he should mention the laughter-provoking cough+chest tightness/pain+heart racing feeling+wheezing. The doctor may either do some tests or place him on a bronchodilator and if he responds well- he makes his diagnosis.

Also, managing the condition involves avoiding triggers. Off the record, I used to have childhood asthma. Back then- crying almost always triggered an episode- just as you described. So I was almost never spanked grin
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Sirpc(m): 7:29pm On Jan 02, 2014
lomaxx:

Is he asthmatic? You've just described a classical asthmatic patient for me.
ok, but he does not have difficulty in breathing
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Sirpc(m): 7:35pm On Jan 02, 2014
lomaxx:

He should see a doctor.

When he does, he should mention the laughter-provoking cough+chest tightness/pain+heart racing feeling+wheezing. The doctor may either do some tests or place him on a bronchodilator and if he responds well- he makes his diagnosis.

Also, managing the condition involves avoiding triggers. Off the record, I used to have childhood asthma. Back then- crying almost always triggered an episode- just as you described. So I was almost never spanked grin
thank u so much for ur time, effort and good work here. May God grant u More knowledge and wisdom to do more and excel in ur field, Amen.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Sirpc(m): 8:09pm On Jan 02, 2014
lomaxx:

Is he asthmatic? You've just described a classical asthmatic patient for me.
ok, but he does not have difficulty in breathing. As it is a core asthma symptom
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 8:47pm On Jan 02, 2014
Sir pc: ok, but he does not have difficulty in breathing. As it is a core asthma symptom

His airways are not narrow enough to cause a noticeable difficulty in breathing. But narrow enough to cause a wheeze. The same wheeze he hears after a serious laughter episode.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by seriko: 6:59am On Jan 03, 2014
lomaxx:

There are many causes of scrotal pain. A varicocele is one of the many. You need to see a doctor to do a scrotal/groin examination and decipher the cause.

A varicocele would almost always occur on your left groin. You'd feel it as a dull dragging ache. A varicocele will be obvious when you cough o
r increase intra-abdominal pressure(what we call Valsalva maneuver). Your sac would feel like a "bag of worms".

Book an appointment with your doctor.
thanks doc, I'd do so immediately
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Sirpc(m): 8:53am On Jan 03, 2014
lomaxx:

His airways are not narrow enough to cause a noticeable difficulty in breathing. But narrow enough to cause a wheeze. The same wheeze he hears after a serious laughter episode.
thanks so much
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Sirpc(m): 9:01am On Jan 03, 2014
lomaxx:

He should see a doctor.

according to him, he went to a hospital in January, 2013, and the doctor told him; it is upper respiratory tract infection (URT) and he treated him on the said disease. After the treatment, thesame condition still persist
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 10:12am On Jan 03, 2014
Sir pc: according to him, he went to a hospital in January, 2013, and the doctor told him; it is upper respiratory tract infection (URT) and he treated him on the said disease. After the treatment, thesame condition still persist

If he presented with the above symptoms, then a diagnosis of URTI would be most improbable. URTI runs an acute course and if it persisted, we would be singing a different song now.

I'm 99.9% sure he has asthma. The symptoms and triggers are too glaring. He should see another doctor and give the same history as the one given here.

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Sirpc(m): 10:23am On Jan 03, 2014
lomaxx:

If he presented with the above symptoms, then a diagnosis of URTI would be most improbable. URTI runs an acute course and if it persisted, we would be singing a different song now.

I'm 99.9% sure he has asthma. The symptoms and triggers are too glaring. He should see another doctor and give the same history as the one given here.
thank u so much, i appreciate ur good work
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 03, 2014
Bbeyond:
i used to experince d skin itching after bath, be it cold or warm water. I tried all d available medications within ma reach to no avail. But d gud news is dat i'm no more suffering of it after I read a lil tips on dat wch I tried d simplest one n it works for me. The tip is just, stop using any hard spunch to bath. What was recomended to use in one of d tips wch I chusd was 'hankerchief' but dat was too small n soft to me as if it doesn't move any dirt off my skin, but what I've been using for more than two yrs now is 'socks', d one u use to wear shoes. Jst wear d pair in ur two hands n rob ur soup, n scrob ur body. I hope it helps. Goodluck!
Thanx for your contribution, but, 'socks!!!' is kinda hilariousgringrin. Will try it out tho. Thanx once again.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Sirpc(m): 12:09pm On Jan 03, 2014
lomaxx:

are there things such as foods, drinks etc he should abstain from for better recovery?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 1:03pm On Jan 03, 2014
Sir pc: are there things such as foods, drinks etc he should abstain from for better recovery?

The most challenging part of managing asthma is identifying the triggers. Once they're identified, they must be avoided.

So far, he has noticed that intense laughter triggers some acute episode of mild symptoms. This may happen in the background of other triggers, yet to be identified. Since he's mildly symptomatic, it's much more difficult.

I'd just advise he should avoid dust, smoke, cold, extreme heat etc. These stuffs put the airways in a state of inflammation and makes it hyperresponsive to other stuff.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by casid: 9:02pm On Jan 03, 2014
Hi Dr, how can I get rid of staph aurues permanently or is it not possible? I've been treating it for more than 1yrs with various antibiotics. I just finished a treatment less than a month and there's a boil on my groin often the symptom that gives me concern. I've improved my hygiene, did FBS test to know if its diabetes but my sugar level is very normal. The last MCS I did, it was sensitive to rocephine, pefloxacin and ciproflaci. I was placed on only pefloxacin because is the only drug I've not used amongs what I'm sensitive to. And to sex, I've not had any in the past 4-5 months. What is it I'm not getting right?
Any advise..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Bbeyond: 1:08am On Jan 05, 2014
delightful1:
Thanx for your contribution, but, 'socks!!!' is kinda hilariousgringrin. Will try it out tho. Thanx once again.
lolz!!!! Hilarious indeed! But I'm even cool with using it as my skin is allergic to any hard stuff now... But u can whatever u want, but let it be soft. If it goes well, gud for u.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Madamspeaker(f): 1:55am On Jan 05, 2014
lomaxx:

Right. Follow the advise in my initial post. Sorry.

tnx alot....it worked perfectly well. i can now continue my waka wakawink
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 4:12am On Jan 05, 2014
Madam speaker:

tnx alot....it worked perfectly well. i can now continue my waka waka wink

Thank you for letting us know we're not wasting time here.

Waka well. Nothing do you. wink
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 4:18am On Jan 05, 2014
casid: Hi Dr, how can I get rid of staph aurues permanently or is it not possible? I've been treating it for more than 1yrs with various antibiotics. I just finished a treatment less than a month and there's a boil on my groin often the symptom that gives me concern. I've improved my hygiene, did FBS test to know if its diabetes but my sugar level is very normal. The last MCS I did, it was sensitive to rocephine, pefloxacin and ciproflaci. I was placed on only pefloxacin because is the only drug I've not used amongs what I'm sensitive to. And to sex, I've not had any in the past 4-5 months. What is it I'm not getting right?
Any advise..

Did you complete the required course of treatment? Did you take the drug as prescribed?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by casid: 7:24am On Jan 05, 2014
Yes I did.
lomaxx:

Did you complete the required course of treatment? Did you take the drug as prescribed?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by SIMPLIFIED(m): 11:37pm On Jan 05, 2014
Gudevening Docs in d house.. I have been having dis kinda partially blockage of hearing like someone dat has a cold in my left ear only nd it has been persistent 4 a while now.. Right now i cant even clean d ear with bud cos it gives me some slight pain although no injury on it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by SIMPLIFIED(m): 7:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
SIMPLIFIED: Gudevening Docs in d house.. I have been having dis kinda partially blockage of hearing like someone dat has a cold in my left ear only nd it has been persistent 4 a while now.. Right now i cant even clean d ear with bud cos it gives me some slight pain although no injury on it.
pls any doc around should reply. I cant practically here anything with my left ear. I went 2 a patent medicine shop, he poured some liquid into the two ears nd cleaned but still no improvement..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by lomaxx: 9:26pm On Jan 06, 2014
SIMPLIFIED: pls any doc around should reply. I cant practically here anything with my left ear. I went 2 a patent medicine shop, he poured some liquid into the two ears nd cleaned but still no improvement..

See an ENT doctor.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by missnigeria: 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
DOCTOR,PLEASE THIS IS URGENT.I'M 37 WEEKS PREGNANT WITH 32% P.C.V, IS THIS NORMAL? WHAT CAN I DO TO IMPROVE IT BECAUSE THE DELIVERY DAY IS FAST APPROACHING.THANKS
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by AprilTwo: 2:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
Is this thread still active before I ask my questions?? Pls I need help guys!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by sisiafrika(f): 12:31pm On Jul 10, 2014
Now I now d meaning of health is wealth slogan. God is Great!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by olafaithy: 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
Good day Doctor... There is this usual threat"ITCHING" to my skin, I called it a threat because it kept disturbing me every time I expose my body most time if I want to sleep in d NIGHT, so I av to wear socks or rap myself wth cloth all over. Pls what could be d couse sir? I'm a hairy guy and I rarely cream my body for years but my hair... Help me ddoctor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.