Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,476 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (636543 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by empire2017(m): 7:14am On Aug 10, 2017
Frenchfriez:

I suggested scabies cos of the symptoms described. Most of our labs don't run a test for scabies, the diagnosis is usually after examination by the doctor. So I would advice for a proper evaluation.
but i dont feel feverish nd headache anymore after treating malaria -typhoid.All i,m suffering nw is the incthing nd some noisy stomach.Cn u percribed any medication base on ur xperince nd findings Especially as for cream to cure the maps after scratching my body.Av been using different antifungal creams .Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
Bluchic:
I wish it is that simple. Everytime I visit the DR I get referred to see a neurologist. My symptoms are somwhat similar to that of pheripheral neuropathy but I am avoiding these hospitals because almost everyone I know gets worse after visiting hospital over here and they charge an arm. My feet gets cold even in hot weather sometimes. Right now my palm and feet feels like I have rubbed pepper on them and this happens in evening till I wake the next day. This is accompanied by pain to my neck and apparently this calls for migraine, mostly left side of my head and it hurts my left ear too. I am sick but how funny nobody will believe until there is a major breakdown. Please help me to research my symptoms and I will really appreciate this. If this helps, my period cycle has been shortened from 28 days to 23-25 days since i got off the implanon 8months ago. Sorry TMI but its also been darker shade as oppose bright red. Thanks
Have you done a thyroid function test?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2017
empire2017:
but i dont feel feverish nd headache anymore after treating malaria -typhoid.All i,m suffering nw is the incthing nd some noisy stomach.Cn u percribed any medication base on ur xperince nd findings Especially as for cream to cure the maps after scratching my body.Av been using different antifungal creams .Thanks
Lemme see pictures of the burrows and 'maps'.
PChat
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Booby88(m): 6:40pm On Aug 10, 2017
Good evening Dr.

Pls I have the following symptoms:
1. Excessive internal heat (especially in the afternoon)
2. Sharp pain below my stomach at the left hand side (Not always)
3. Body scratches after bath
4. Hardly excrete (take up to three days at times with excessive gassing)

It all started about ten (10) years ago with sever sharp pain all over my stomach and graduated to severe internal heat

Your advice will be highly appreciated
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by trigar12(m): 12:28am On Aug 12, 2017
Lexusgs430:

If UTI goes untreated, it can have severe health consequences for the patient.
Recurrent infections, especially in women who experience three or more UTIs, could lead to permanent kidney damage from an acute or chronic kidney infection (pyelonephritis) due to an untreated UTI.
Who diagnosed your UTI ? Do you have your uninary analysis reading ? Was your urine sample sent to a lab ?
Who prescribed auroxetil ?
I have been having UTI for the past 4 months and I ve used all antibiotics prescribed by doctor, all to no avail as the symptoms keep coming back. And my urine test came out positive for E coli infection. I was prescribed ofloxacin and it didn't work and I have a feeling its getting worse.
E-coli is resistant to antibiotics, so what do I now use to cure this E-coli bacteria please?
I need your help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 10:01am On Aug 12, 2017
trigar12:

I have been having UTI for the past 4 months and I ve used all antibiotics prescribed by doctor, all to no avail as the symptoms keep coming back. And my urine test came out positive for E coli infection. I was prescribed ofloxacin and it didn't work and I have a feeling its getting worse.
E-coli is resistant to antibiotics, so what do I now use to cure this E-coli bacteria please?
I need your help

Sorry to hear about your infection. What strain of E coli are you infected with ? Do you work with animals? Use of antibiotics is never recommended to cure E Coli, simply because it would increase the risk of complications. Have you had a test for ESBL ?

Your medical practitioner, I do not feel have handled this infection appropriately or they are logistically handicapped. You have to be very mindful, that this infection does not develop into a more serious condition called haemolytic uraemic syndrome (it can lead to kidney failure).

To minimize risk of infecting others, kindly observe all hand washing and toileting regimes, if possible do not share toilet with others....

My advice - seek another medical practitioner services that would treat you as appropriate.....
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by trigar12(m): 10:12am On Aug 12, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Sorry to hear about your infection. What strain of E coli are you infected with ? Do you work with animals? Use of antibiotics is never recommended to cure E Coli, simply because it would increase the risk of complications. Have you had a test for ESBL ?

Your medical practitioner, I do not feel have handled this infection appropriately or they are logistically handicapped. You have to be very mindful, that this infection does not develop into a more serious condition called haemolytic uraemic syndrome (it can lead to kidney failure).

To minimize risk of infecting others, kindly observe all hand washing and toileting regimes, if possible do not share toilet with others....

My advice - seek another medical practitioner services that would treat you as appropriate.....
I don't work with animal sir, I have done urinalysis and Urine mcs or mds sha. They discovered moderate E-coli growth and sensitive to ofloxacin and one other drug.
I ve used those drugs buh it keeps coming back.

What do you recommend sir, am thinking of going Orthodox because I ve tried different doctors for the past 4 months
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 10:45am On Aug 12, 2017
trigar12:

I don't work with animal sir, I have done urinalysis and Urine mcs or mds sha. They discovered moderate E-coli growth and sensitive to ofloxacin and one other drug.
I ve used those drugs buh it keeps coming back.

What do you recommend sir, am thinking of going Orthodox because I ve tried different doctors for the past 4 months

I personally do not recommend orthodox treatments, simply because it's not scientifically proven....

But if you feel you want to give them a trial..................

Medical route is the best route (my perception). Health is Wealth.......

Seek intervention ASAP. It's your life and your health......
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by trigar12(m): 11:05am On Aug 12, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I personally do not recommend orthodox treatments, simply because it's not scientifically proven....

But if you feel you want to give them a trial..................

Medical route is the best route (my perception). Health is Wealth.......

Seek intervention ASAP. It's your life and your health......
Sorry am disturbing you but pls if I was to come to you and I explained everything to you as I did. What will you tell me to do or recommend after carrying out appropriate test and using all the antibiotics that was prescribed.
What will you tell me to do next?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 11:13am On Aug 12, 2017
trigar12:

Sorry am disturbing you but pls if I was to come to you and I explained everything to you as I did. What will you tell me to do or recommend after carrying out appropriate test and using all the antibiotics that was prescribed.
What will you tell me to do next?

Let's assume you are a new patient to me, I would ask you for your medical records (simply for reference and baselines), but would require you pass a sample of urine. I would send that to the lab and get my own results. Then cross reference them with copies from your medical notes.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by trigar12(m): 11:21am On Aug 12, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Let's assume you are a new patient to me, I would ask you for your medical records (simply for reference and baselines), but would require you pass a sample of urine. I would send that to the lab and get my own results. Then cross reference them with copies from your medical notes.
OK sir. Thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Bluchic: 3:56am On Aug 15, 2017
I haven't but now that you mentioned I researched deep into that and my symptoms are close to under active thyroid. I am incorporating licorice root capsule and nettle tea in my routine for now to see how I will do with that. I will let you know how it goes. Final thought, you are doing a selfless job on here and I personally prayed that heaven blesses you and grant your heart desires. Thank you
Frenchfriez:

Have you done a thyroid function test?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 15, 2017
Bluchic:
I haven't but now that you mentioned I researched deep into that and my symptoms are close to under active thyroid. I am incorporating licorice root capsule and nettle tea in my routine for now to see how I will do with that. I will let you know how it goes. Final thought, you are doing a selfless job on here and I personally prayed that heaven blesses you and grant your heart desires. Thank you
I don't have much experience with herbal natural treatments , buh I think it helps when you know what ur up against rather than attacking from all sides.
I appreciate your kind words
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by honey001(m): 1:42pm On Aug 19, 2017
Good day Doctors in the house, Please is there a way to manage gallstones with diet or drug without undergoing surgery? Someone close to me have been diagnosed with gallstones and surgery to remove the gallbladder has been recommended, but we are skeptical about the outcome of the surgery, being controlling it since close to a year now. But the pain used to come on and off and the person in particular has lost weight greatly.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mofy1(f): 3:37pm On Aug 19, 2017
Doc pls help. A close one did operation caused by gangrine infection. Initially the stool was pass to the stomach and later return back to the anus but since that last operation he only stool thrice and since then he couldn't pass out stool well(comes out in tiny piece) even when he is alwaz feeling full. He is getting weak due to not been able to excrete. Doctors keep saying eat more, drink water.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Kala11(m): 9:44pm On Aug 19, 2017
Dr. Pls help. My wife menstrual period have seized for 2weeks, having feelings of being pregnant. She's nursing 4months old baby n we don't want that pregnancy now. Pls, what drug can she take?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by youngcrysta(f): 10:33pm On Aug 19, 2017
Goodevening, have been having a thick whitish vaginal discharge for over 3months, I think it is an infection, what can I use?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by shollish(m): 7:29am On Aug 20, 2017
go to the hospital for test and diagnosis ASAP....you have an infection and holy shit!....carrying it for 3 months!... hope you haven't been distributing it?
youngcrysta:
Goodevening, have been having a thick whitish vaginal discharge for over 3months, I think it is an infection, what can I use?

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by chimeluiz: 7:54am On Aug 20, 2017
Dr in the house what do you recommend as next line of action for someone who had sex with a call girl but got the CD pulled out in the process but didn't notice this on time
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by shollish(m): 11:29am On Aug 20, 2017
are you afraid of std or pregnancy?
chimeluiz:
Dr in the house what do you recommend as next line of action for someone who had sex with a call girl but got the CD pulled out in the process but didn't notice this on time

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by chimeluiz: 11:32am On Aug 20, 2017
shollish:
are you afraid of std or pregnancy?

For me it's the STD, she would sort herself out I believe
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 20, 2017
honey001:
Good day Doctors in the house, Please is there a way to manage gallstones with diet or drug without undergoing surgery? Someone close to me have been diagnosed with gallstones and surgery to remove the gallbladder has been recommended, but we are skeptical about the outcome of the surgery, being controlling it since close to a year now. But the pain used to come on and off and the person in particular has lost weight greatly.
I believe the medical team would have properly weighed the options and decided on the surgical approach as the best.
The non-surgical approach could be taken if the stones are less than 1cm (as shown on the imaging) or the stones are majorly cholesterol, in which case bile salts could dissolve them - and /or a shock wave could be used to break them up( I doubt if that option is available in the country).
If you guys don't want the surgery, go back to your doctors and discuss 'other possible treatment options'. Things would be clearer thence.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2017
mofy1:
Doc pls help. A close one did operation caused by gangrine infection. Initially the stool was pass to the stomach and later return back to the anus but since that last operation he only stool thrice and since then he couldn't pass out stool well(comes out in tiny piece) even when he is alwaz feeling full. He is getting weak due to not been able to excrete. Doctors keep saying eat more, drink water.
Sounds like adynamic or paralytic ileus. Its actually an encouraging sign that its coming out, even if small.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 20, 2017
Kala11:
Dr. Pls help. My wife menstrual period have seized for 2weeks, having feelings of being pregnant. She's nursing 4months old baby n we don't want that pregnancy now. Pls, what drug can she take?
Why don't you go ahead and confirm your fears first. smiley
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 20, 2017
chimeluiz:
Go to the hospital and run a battery of tests (HIV, VDRL, Hep B, Hep C, Herpes for a start). That's the next line of action.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Gbemi23(f): 7:09pm On Aug 20, 2017
Gud eveninq Doc in d hux ; plz av bin observinq 4 close 2 3mnths, dat ma left hand is shakinq ; ma right hand is now affected 2, buh nt as intense as d left..
It's quite embarassinq as it's bcominq noticeable..
Plz help.. Tnx..
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by honey001(m): 7:30pm On Aug 20, 2017
Frenchfriez:

I believe the medical team would have properly weighed the options and decided on the surgical approach as the best.
The non-surgical approach could be taken if the stones are less than 1cm (as shown on the imaging) or the stones are majorly cholesterol, in which case bile salts could dissolve them - and /or a shock wave could be used to break them up( I doubt if that option is available in the country).
If you guys don't want the surgery, go back to your doctors and discuss 'other possible treatment options'. Things would be clearer thence.
Thank you for this reply.... Will try and see the doctor again, meanwhile we will still want to try the bile salt, I have heard about it sometimes ago....
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 20, 2017
honey001:

Thank you for this reply.... Will try and see the doctor again, meanwhile we will still want to try the bile salt, I have heard about it sometimes ago....
Fair enough, the success rate is however not as high as the surgical option, esp if they are not cholesterol stones or if they are large
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by honey001(m): 7:54pm On Aug 20, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Fair enough, the success rate is however not as high as the surgical option, esp if they are not cholesterol stones or if they are large
Alright sir, but pending that time any suggestions on type of food the person can be eating?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by irenosen22(f): 8:10pm On Aug 20, 2017
Good evening dr.plz i seriously nid ur help.i urinate frequently.i sure know dat am nt pregnant.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by irenosen22(f): 8:11pm On Aug 20, 2017
irenosen22:
Good evening dr.plz i seriously nid ur help.i urinate frequently.i sure know dat am nt pregnant.
wat might be d cause?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2017
honey001:

Alright sir, but pending that time any suggestions on type of food the person can be eating?
These are things you guys should have discussed with ur doctor. At this stage, no specific dietary restriction.
But for prevention, coffee and exercise helps.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.