Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,104 members, 7,835,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (639300 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 20, 2017
irenosen22:
wat might be d cause?
Could be as simple as body's adjustment to the cooler weather, assuming the daily water intake remains the same.
However, it could be ish like urinary infections or even high blood sugar. But you have to offer more information like added symptoms you experience for a proper diagnosis.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by irenosen22(f): 10:31pm On Aug 20, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Could be as simple as body's adjustment to the cooler weather, assuming the daily water intake remains the same.
However, it could be ish like urinary infections or even high blood sugar. But you have to offer more information like added symptoms you experience for a proper diagnosis.
Thanks so much.i also experience dat i no longer hv heavy menstrual flow.its so light now dat it has reduced 4rm 6days to 4days with a very light flow for iver 4months now.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by youngcrysta(f): 10:43pm On Aug 20, 2017
shollish:
go to the hospital for test and diagnosis ASAP....you have an infection and holy shit!....carrying it for 3 months!... hope you haven't been distributing it?

Nope
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 20, 2017
irenosen22:

Thanks so much.i also experience dat i no longer hv heavy menstrual flow.its so light now dat it has reduced 4rm 6days to 4days with a very light flow for iver 4months now.
Have you also noticed any stuff like weight gain, sleep changes, reduced appetite and/or easy tiredness?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by blazylove: 10:59pm On Aug 20, 2017
Doc please I néed help I had Sex on the 3Rd of this month and also had on the 10th up till now I have not seen my period am scared I don't know. If I should take postinor 2 please help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 11:10pm On Aug 20, 2017
blazylove:
Doc please I néed help I had Sex on the 3Rd of this month and also had on the 10th up till now I have not seen my period am scared I don't know. If I should take postinor 2 please help

I thought postinor 2, was for use within 72 hours maximum and not 17 days after?

Let's start celebrating in advance....... A baby might be on the way...
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by irenosen22(f): 11:10pm On Aug 20, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Have you also noticed any stuff like weight gain, sleep changes, reduced appetite and/or easy tiredness?
Not at all
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 20, 2017
irenosen22:

Not at all
Good for you. Then go for a urinalysis and a sugar test.
Preferably, the sugar test should be after an over night fast, before eating anything in the morning.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 20, 2017
Lexusgs430:

I thought postinor 2, was for use within 72 hours maximum and not 17 days after?

Let's start celebrating in advance....... A baby might be on the way...
That postinor 2 would just be like vitamins to the mother and child , lol lol lol.
@blazylove, go for a pregnancy test first. Give flesh to your fears, for that's the first step to confronting it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Lexusgs430: 11:44pm On Aug 20, 2017
Frenchfriez:

That postinor 2 would just be like vitamins to the mother and child , lol lol lol.
@blazylove, go for a pregnancy test first. Give flesh to your fears, for that's the first step to confronting it.

Proper vitamins...... LOL

Best to start going for regular top ups, so the delivery would be a smooth and express passage..........
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by irenosen22(f): 11:44pm On Aug 20, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Good for you. Then go for a urinalysis and a sugar test.
Preferably, the sugar test should be after an over night fast, before eating anything in the morning.
Thanks so much sir
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by blazylove: 7:52am On Aug 21, 2017
Thank you sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by DIAMONDHELIXMED: 9:55am On Aug 21, 2017
Early detection of cancer greatly increases the chances for successful treatment. There are two major components of early detection of cancer: education to promote early diagnosis and screening i.e use of breastlight.
info@diamondhelixmedical.com or call 08090378363, 014543423 for more inquiries.

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Trish102(f): 10:29am On Aug 21, 2017
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 21, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Proper vitamins...... LOL

Best to start going for regular top ups, so the delivery would be a smooth and express passage..........
grin grin
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 21, 2017
I
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by mofy1(f): 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Sounds like adynamic or paralytic ileus. Its actually an encouraging sign that its coming out, even if small.
Tnx for ur reply.
But doc the issue is that after the operation he stool normal stool For good four days then it stop for like 2weeks and started coming in tiny piece whereas he always feel like stooling but only tiny one like a drop comes out.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
mofy1:

Tnx for ur reply.
But doc the issue is that after the operation he stool normal stool For good four days then it stop for like 2weeks and started coming in tiny piece whereas he always feel like stooling but only tiny one like a drop comes out.
Since he is still on admission and under the care of the surgical team, I believe he would get the best possible care.
However, I think his electrolytes (EUCr) should be checked out.
Has he done a scan(xray or ultrasound) after the surgery?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by makydebbie(f): 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2017
Doctors in the house pls help me. I'm having unbearable pains here. I woke up to a stiff neck. I've massaged it, taken painkillers. Used ice block. But yet nothing has happened. It's so painful like I'm paralyzed or something. Can't move my neck to any direction and even as its just straight like that the pains are unbearable. Pls any other remedy? I'm frustrated here.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by obontami: 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2017
makydebbie:
Doctors in the house pls help me. I'm having unbearable pains here. I woke up to a stiff neck. I've massaged it, taken painkillers. Used ice block. But yet nothing has happened. It's so painful like I'm paralyzed or something. Can't move my neck to any direction and even as its just straight like that the pains are unbearable. Pls any other remedy? I'm frustrated here.
rub warm sperm on it. and see how it works like magic.

don't mention dear. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by makydebbie(f): 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2017
makydebbie:
Dominique pls help me with the doctors in the house
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by makydebbie(f): 7:49pm On Aug 23, 2017
No doctor here?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Kala11(m): 10:24pm On Aug 23, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Why don't you go ahead and confirm your fears first. smiley

It is 3weeks confirmed. Pls what drugs can she take to get rid of it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 23, 2017
Kala11:

It is 3weeks confirmed. Pls what drugs can she take to get rid of it.
My friend, I really don't know what impression we've given you here but if there is anyone who you shouldn't tell a half truth to, its your Doctor.
The earliest time a pregnancy can be accurately dated by the best of facilities anywhere in the world is 4-5wks, so I don't know how you came about your '3wks confirmed'.
Some other fellow may be more than willing to hear you out.
PS: hope I didn't sound too harsh angry
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 24, 2017
makydebbie:
Oops, someone has acute torticollis. Before now, did you have respiratory infections as in symptoms like catarrh, cough etc.
Have you been taking any meds prior to this incident? Including recreational drugs?
If no, do you think its perhaps due to bad sleep posture?
I believe you have gotten some relief by now, but what painkillers did you say you have used?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by makydebbie(f): 8:13am On Aug 24, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Oops, someone has acute torticollis. Before now, did you have respiratory infections as in symptoms like catarrh, cough etc.
Have you been taking any meds prior to this incident? Including recreational drugs?
If no, do you think its perhaps due to bad sleep posture?
I believe you have gotten some relief by now, but what painkillers did you say you have used?
I don't know but I've always had catarrh all my life. Like I'm always with a nasal spray and inhaler. Started when I was very little and I still have it till today but I'm used to it and I manage it well. No I've not been taking any drug sir.
Yea my mum insist it's bad sleep posture tho. I feel better, tho I still have pains there and I took ibuprofen.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 24, 2017
makydebbie:
I don't know but I've always had catarrh all my life. Like I'm always with a nasal spray and inhaler. Started when I was very little and I still have it till today but I'm used to it and I manage it well. No I've not been taking any drug sir.
Yea my mum insist it's bad sleep posture tho. I feel better, tho I still have pains there and I took ibuprofen.
Its a good thing that you feel better now. I feel you had torticollis which among other factors can come following persistent respiratory infections and poor sleep posture.
You need some strong antibiotics for the respiratory infection. If the ibuprofen has taken control of the pain, then fine. Otherwise I would advise on some muscle relaxant.
You may still need to visit the hospital anyways, for a check up.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by makydebbie(f): 8:39am On Aug 24, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Its a good thing that you feel better now. I feel you had torticollis which among other factors can come following persistent respiratory infections and poor sleep posture.
You need some strong antibiotics for the respiratory infection. If the ibuprofen has taken control of the pain, then fine. Otherwise I would advise on some muscle relaxant.
You may still need to visit the hospital anyways, for a check up.
I've taken alot for this cattarh and blocked nose yet nothing. Pls recommend drugs for me sir. The ibuprofen did nothing on me yesterday. I just decided to sleep with the ice. Muscle relaxant like?

Yea I'll try visiting the hospital.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2017
Doc do you know about lymph edema and how common is lymph edema in Nigeria ? Alot of people and even some medical practitioners don't know about it.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 24, 2017
makydebbie:
.....I've taken alot for this cattarh and blocked nose yet nothing. Pls recommend drugs for me sir. The ibuprofen did nothing on me yesterday. I just decided to sleep with the ice. Muscle relaxant like?

Yea I'll try visiting the hospital.
You may need to visit the ENT unit of a teaching hospital near you. Persistent catarrh not amenable to conventional antibiotics is a pointer to some more serious structural problems.
For the purpose of this forum, a 'sleeping pill' is the little I can prescribe for the neck pain and stiffness, let's hope that gives some relief. Continue with the ibuprofen as well.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 24, 2017
emmyspark007:
Doc do you know about lymph edema and how common is lymph edema in Nigeria ?
Alot of people and even some medical practitioners don't know about it.
Yes I do know about lympedema, its however not what you'd expect to see routinely in a hospital visit, so ofcus its not as common as many other conditions.
What's the gig with lympedema?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 24, 2017
Frenchfriez:

Yes I do know about lympedema, its however not what you'd expect to see routinely in a hospital visit, so ofcus its not as common as many other conditions.
What's the gig with lympedema?
My brother got an injury from football (a mere bruise), after a while he developed severe fever. After treating the fever, he was fully healthy. Then in about less than two weeks his leg started swelling, treated yet nothing, the x ray showed his leg wasnt broken or anything, he had some tests like skin snip and others yet nothing.
We have visited numerous hospitals and even tried herbal medicine yet its still swollen..Only a doctor in national orthopaedic hospital was able to tell us he feel its lymph edema although from the way he said it, its likely he wasn't so sure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.